The Roosh V Thread

Trewolla

Banned
Protestant
Thanks. I also just noticed that it had been added to Ramzpaul's YouTube channel. I'm not sure what happened when it shut down towards the end, last night.

I always expect the worst from the YouTube censors.

GuitarVH

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
It's now here:

I think it was edited and re-uploaded, because we talked for more than 55 minutes. I don't know what exactly happened.

When I watched and he asked you about the end times near the end of the video, it seemed to cut out and then was followed by a non-sequitur as if a few minutes were completely cut.

Edit - It seems the cut came at around 48:12. Does this seem correct?

Last edited:

JohnKreese

Pelican
Catholic
Indian guy gives a pretty nice shoutout to Roosh in last month's issue of Culture Wars

a snippet:

I guess every man of my generation whether in India or in the West who has been brought up after the sexual revolution has skeletons in his closet. That’s not to say that they are not capable of change and anyone who doubts that, need only to have a look at Roosh’s blog and understand and take inspiration from his journey from being a notoriously promiscuous pick up artist to coming home to Jesus Christ. His integrity is such that he actually unpublished the sinful books that he wrote which quite possibly contributed a great deal to his income. But if God has blessed you with a skill, you can use it both for the good and the bad and Roosh is still using his writing skills, only this time to draw more people to faith which is great. You have the free will to choose even the bad, and the human race, having fallen from grace from the time of Adam and Eve, seems to have a propensity toward the bad and toward distorted desires. As Dr. Jones says, you have the free will to choose to sin but the bad consequences of making that decision are inexorable

OrthoSerb

Woodpecker
Orthodox
It's now here:

I think it was edited and re-uploaded, because we talked for more than 55 minutes. I don't know what exactly happened.

It's fascinating to ramzpaul pivoting towards Christianity and Orthodoxy in particular. I remember him back in the day as a fairly secularised ethno-nationalist with a good sense of humour and fairly agreeable political takes. He was clearly just a cultural Christian with no active spiritual life or belief. I never expected him to go in this direction but you can see there is a yearning there. Interesting to see him open up about his fears, guilt etc. It seems as the situation worsens more and more people are throwing overboard some of their previous idols and looking for the lifeboats with a sense of urgency.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
It's fascinating to ramzpaul pivoting towards Christianity and Orthodoxy in particular. I remember him back in the day as a fairly secularised ethno-nationalist with a good sense of humour and fairly agreeable political takes. He was clearly just a cultural Christian with no active spiritual life or belief. I never expected him to go in this direction but you can see there is a yearning there. Interesting to see him open up about his fears, guilt etc. It seems as the situation worsens more and more people are throwing overboard some of their previous idols and looking for the lifeboats with a sense of urgency.
I think many people follow this path, myself included. You have two types of secular people: 1. the leftist/progressive, falling for every lie in the book no matter how absurd it gets, 2. the populist/right wing/nationalist with two flavors one more liberal conservative in the sense of maintaining our secular freedoms against the immigrants/Muslims or religious conservatives as in conserving traditional values.

People in group 1 fall for any of Satan's trick as they don't have any defense or shield against him. Group 2, for those who aren't religious, there's a possibility to come to the further layers of truth (ending in Christ) as they're on a path to truth. Group 1 is just so far away from any truth that it's almost impossible to come to truth/God if you're in that place. In fact you'll regress further and further in your progressivism.

magaman

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
I think many people follow this path, myself included. You have two types of secular people: 1. the leftist/progressive, falling for every lie in the book no matter how absurd it gets, 2. the populist/right wing/nationalist with two flavors one more liberal conservative in the sense of maintaining our secular freedoms against the immigrants/Muslims or religious conservatives as in conserving traditional values.

People in group 1 fall for any of Satan's trick as they don't have any defense or shield against him. Group 2, for those who aren't religious, there's a possibility to come to the further layers of truth (ending in Christ) as they're on a path to truth. Group 1 is just so far away from any truth that it's almost impossible to come to truth/God if you're in that place. In fact you'll regress further and further in your progressivism.
I was in Group 2 for a long while, pretty much ever since I went from being a kid to an adult. Seemed like it happened overnight, which it really didn’t. From being 15 to 16 to 17, it was like a switch was flipped. It took me a lot longer to accept Christ and come to Jesus, I was not raised in a religious household, more like a broken secular household but my Dad is a good man.

I’ve become more and more interested in Orthodox Christianity and I’m planning on visiting a ROCOR church here in the new city I’m living in. I’m beyond ready, after everything I’ve been dealing with the last few months.

Hermetic Seal

Pelican
Orthodox
Gold Member
I liked the point early on in the Ramzpaul talk when individualism came up. I think that part of the draw of Orthodoxy is that it returns to a more natural, group-oriented approach to the faith where the focus isn't on what you can get out of worship or the sermon or whatever, the way we treat shopping for a car or a restaurant to visit.

Given the disastrous fruits of individualism in modern western culture, it's become obvious to many that contemporary Christianity is thoroughly saturated with an individualistic narcissism that would be foreign to first-millennium Christians, and Orthodoxy offers an intriguing alternative to that.

Diadem

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Roosh has joined the team at Patristic Faith as a senior contributor. Congratulations @Roosh!

Brother Thomas 256

Ostrich
Orthodox
Roosh has joined the team at Patristic Faith as a senior contributor. Congratulations @Roosh!
YOOOOOO ! Congratulations @Roosh !!

OrthoSerb

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I did an interview with Will Knowland about sex, women, repentance, and modern culture. It was one of the better interviews I have ever done because of Will's sharp questioning. Unfortunately, there was some internet connection issues.

I agree, this was a really good interview.

I first came across Will a year ago when he was sacked from teaching at Eton (the UK's most famous/"elite") school. This was the interview with him on UnHerd that I watched at the time. I appreciated his willingness to stand his ground come what may in a very coherent, courageous and dignified manner. That's very rare to see these days, especially in the UK. His Youtube channel was originally used as a teaching device to deliver material for his students. I never would have imagined he'd be hosting you on it a year later. I guess this is an example of how persecution can actually help strengthen people and aid the spread of truth.