The Soccer Thread

Peacock
Gold Member
There is something almost heroic about the Bundesliga restarting, it's like Germany is shaming the globalists' lockdown and dictatorial incompetence in their poor handling of covid, makes it all the more enjoyable to watch a clash like today's Bayern-Dortmund...

Serie A1

Woodpecker
There is something almost heroic about the Bundesliga restarting, it's like Germany is shaming the globalists' lockdown and dictatorial incompetence in their poor handling of covid, makes it all the more enjoyable to watch a clash like today's Bayern-Dortmund...

Football has never seemed so important, nor no necessary.

These matches in front of tiny crowds are reminiscent of the 'Club House' stadium in Pro Evolution Soccer...

Laus Deo

Robin
Orthodox
Looks like the owners of 12 clubs have decided to subvert +150 years of European soccer tradition in a gross act of narcissism and hyper-greed by starting their own ‘Super League’.

No prizes for guessing what Tom Werner (Liverpool), Joel & Avram Glazer (Manchester United), Roman Abramovich (Chelsea), Joe Lewis (Tottenham), Paul Singer (AC Milan), and the Agnelli family (Juventus) have in common. And I don’t mean that they’re all rich owners of soccer clubs...

I guess everywhere you look nowadays another chapter of the religious culture war is opened up.

Looks like the owners of 12 clubs have decided to subvert +150 years of European soccer tradition in a gross act of narcissism and hyper-greed by starting their own ‘Super League’.

No prizes for guessing what Tom Werner (Liverpool), Joel & Avram Glazer (Manchester United), Roman Abramovich (Chelsea), Joe Lewis (Tottenham), Paul Singer (AC Milan), and the Agnelli family (Juventus) have in common. And I don’t mean that they’re all rich owners of soccer clubs...

I guess everywhere you look nowadays another chapter of the religious culture war is opened up.

Vox Day is predicting the league won't succeed for a few reasons. Basically it will look like an All-Star game and teams will become entirely foreign-based players. I tend to agree with this. The elite can't see soccer's appeal is national or hometown pride...and often a dash of xenophobia. This league is the exact opposite of everything soccer.

cowboy

Sparrow
I was brought up to speed on this over the weekend. Sad to see the existing system being threatened. Happy to see not only fans but former players pushing back. Watched the interview of a former player yesterday who roasted the proposal as he should have.

Gary is a major hypocrite and I can't take any of these grifters seriously

I am baffled at some of the stuff that is being said. Football is losing its touch with its fanbase and roots. Guys that happened 30 years ago already and now we've just entered the final stage. Buying jerseys at 120 euros a piece, having the local pride look like the French Foreign Legion (with often times a rich foreign businessman as the owner), seeing old grounds being demolished to be replaced for UFO shaped megamalls and seeing 18 year old multimillionaires kneel for BLM isn't exactly what the average fan is waiting for

When I visit the FB page of my favorite team everything is in English. 90 percent of the comments and likes are from people in countries like India, Nigeria and Indonesia. I am like, support your own frigging football club. Not even hardly successful clubs are safe anymore

One of the last games I visited was an Europa League match in Amsterdam in 2013 I believe. 65 euros for a ticket and that was whilst being in the corner. 4 euros for a beer - half of which was foam anyway. Security was tighter than in an airport. I also belonged to the 'risk demographic' so an overweighted security guard mate sure to see if there weren't any prohibited items in the ballsack area.

Obviously Gary wouldn't know any of this because it didn't directly hit him. This does

In fact this move is just a mirror of the developments of society as a whole. A gradual drift towards soulless materialism, politicisation of any issue thinkable, unfettered globalism, a growing gap between rich and poor and the appearance of a handful of rich owners that are now taking over the circus

I won't lose any sleep about it. In fact it might be the spark that blows up Modern Football, which would be great

Last edited:

Barron

Ostrich
Gold Member
If it happens, the fact that there are no German or French teams currently involved is telling in that I think those two domestic leagues will become the most popular for fans and players.

Over time the talent and money will naturally gravitate to those two leagues when players can choose between money or legacy, being hated or loved. Any player involved in the Super League will have a black mark on their reputation.

Goni

Woodpecker
Gary is a major hypocrite and I can't take any of these grifters seriously

I am baffled at some of the stuff that is being said. Football is losing its touch with its fanbase and roots. Guys that happened 30 years ago already and now we've just entered the final stage. Buying jerseys at 120 euros a piece, having the local pride look like the French Foreign Legion (with often times a rich foreign businessman as the owner), seeing old grounds being demolished to be replaced for UFO shaped megamalls and seeing 18 year old multimillionaires kneel for BLM isn't exactly what the average fan is waiting for

When I visit the FB page of my favorite team everything is in English. 90 percent of the comments and likes are from people in countries like India, Nigeria and Indonesia. I am like, support your own frigging football club. Not even hardly successful clubs are safe anymore

One of the last games I visited was an Europa League match in Amsterdam in 2013 I believe. 65 euros for a ticket and that was whilst being in the corner. 4 euros for a beer - half of which was foam anyway. Security was tighter than in an airport. I also belonged to the 'risk demographic' so an overweighted security guard mate sure to see if there weren't any prohibited items in the ballsack area.

Obviously Gary wouldn't know any of this because it didn't directly hit him. This does

In fact this move is just a mirror of the developments of society as a whole. A gradual drift towards soulless materialism, politicisation of any issue thinkable, unfettered globalism, a growing gap between rich and poor and the appearance of a handful of rich owners that are now taking over the circus

I won't lose any sleep about it. In fact it might be the spark that blows up Modern Football, which would be great
Well said Aguila.

I had exactly this in mind and you took the words from my mouth.

Football has been just a tool of globalism a long time ago since 1980s.

I am ok for foreign players to move here and there, but the respective team had to be majority native and the owner also at least.

Like Napoli was during the era of Maradona, when Seria a wasn't yet globalised like it is today.

I was a huge fan of Inter FC but I realised I was like those roman crowds in the Colosseum, just a pet to be entertained.

It something else entirely to support your local football club btw.

I know these clubs owners are blinded by money, but have they not noticed how boring this concept is? I say let them go. Just say Goodbye, nice knowing you, don't let the door slam your ass on the way out. But tell them, you are not going to stay in our domestic league or cup competitions, and if you ever want to come back you have to start in division 3.

I think with the covid hoax and the empty stadiums these clubs have decided, you know what, we don't even need fans. It costs money to run these stadiums and we make more from the tv deals. They long ago stopped giving a damn about the fans. Well, I have completely stopped watching football, first the empty stadiums and piped in crowd noises, but even before that the Video assisted ref was wrecking everything, and then all the woke bs in the league, I'm out. I still love the game but I will just watch kids down the park now.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Hopefully this will put a nail in the coffin of football. Even when the top players were on the same wages as mine workers it was a distraction. Now it's a distraction with sodomy, POC worship and kvetching owners. Hopefully the next generation will follow this kids lead:

POI1220.jpg

Where's da H?

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
If it happens, the fact that there are no German or French teams currently involved is telling in that I think those two domestic leagues will become the most popular for fans and players.

Over time the talent and money will naturally gravitate to those two leagues when players can choose between money or legacy, being hated or loved. Any player involved in the Super League will have a black mark on their reputation.

The German league is already one of the most popular leagues in the US--I'd say easily 4th in visibility behind only (no particular order) MLS, LigaMX (Mexico), and the PL. Helps that historically it's also been the friendliest of the major European leagues for US players. French league is tougher as their TV deal is a mess even domestically (and here in the US I have no idea how I would even go about watching it short of shady Moldovan internet streams) and you only have one really big-name club.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Well said Aguila.

I had exactly this in mind and you took the words from my mouth.

Football has been just a tool of globalism a long time ago since 1980s.

I am ok for foreign players to move here and there, but the respective team had to be majority native and the owner also at least.

Like Napoli was during the era of Maradona, when Seria a wasn't yet globalised like it is today.

I was a huge fan of Inter FC but I realised I was like those roman crowds in the Colosseum, just a pet to be entertained.

It something else entirely to support your local football club btw.

That's actually a point of pride for the MLS team I support (from the city I grew up in, although I haven't lived there in years)--they have their share of imported players of course but also a number of local kids who came up through the club, including 2 who got big money (by MLS standards) transfers to European clubs this past offseason.

Peacock
Gold Member
That super league project is of course a complete and utter abomination, but it can work financially due to the rise of the third world market with people in places like China, Indonesia, India, Arabia, Nigeria etc buying into it. They will end up traveling around and playing a lot of games in places like Dubai and Shanghai.

The EU and globalists love that kind of ongoing erosion of national borders and traditions, which consolidates the mindscape domination on their masses. The question is will their minions like Macron, Merkel and Johnson go along with this or will they try to score points and keep their domestic fans a semblance of national continuity with the usual bread and circus regimen, Boris already came out strongly against it.

Louis IX

Pelican
Not sure if that's the right topic for that - but tonight's match will be interesting.
Strictly talking about football ( because any normal European doesn't want Turkey to play the Euro since Europe is christian ) Italy and Turkey are two decent teams rebuilding after some years of bad results.
I personally will check with care Donarumma's performance for Italy - and Cakir 's performance for Turkey. Both making their debuts in a big international competition.
I also believe that Donnaruma is slightly overrated - despite his great level for his young age- and the totally illogical transfer to PSG probably will put unnecessary pressure on him.