The Soccer Thread

Laus Deo

Robin
Orthodox
On the political level , we are seeing some teams officially kneeling for BLM , i think no matter what these teams should be booed.
I for one am particularly looking forward to the response when France and Germany kneel in front of 65,000 Hungarians :laughter:

Seriously though I find it quite helpful; when people ask which countries in Europe are still (somewhat) theistic and which are pozzed, kneeling vs non-kneeling in opening matches provides a simple and quick guide.

So far we‘ve had Belgium, Switzerland, and Wales kneeling while Italy, Turkey, Denmark, Finland and Russia haven’t.

Nordwand

Kingfisher
Hopefully this will put a nail in the coffin of football. Even when the top players were on the same wages as mine workers it was a distraction. Now it's a distraction with sodomy, POC worship and kvetching owners. Hopefully the next generation will follow this kids lead:

POI1220.jpg

Where's da H?

West Ham supporters a few years back:

Nordwand

Kingfisher
Hopefully this will put a nail in the coffin of football. Even when the top players were on the same wages as mine workers it was a distraction. Now it's a distraction with sodomy, POC worship and kvetching owners. Hopefully the next generation will follow this kids lead:

POI1220.jpg

Where's da H?

West Ham supporters a few years back:

USA and Mexico probably played their best game ever last night. American youth edged it out and silenced the doubters in the end

Nice to see Pulisic win the Champions League with Chelsea and then win one for his National team.
Great to see a big crowd there - so does this mean there is no more covid BS going on over there now?

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I for one am particularly looking forward to the response when France and Germany kneel in front of 65,000 Hungarians :laughter:

Seriously though I find it quite helpful; when people ask which countries in Europe are still (somewhat) theistic and which are pozzed, kneeling vs non-kneeling in opening matches provides a simple and quick guide.

So far we‘ve had Belgium, Switzerland, and Wales kneeling while Italy, Turkey, Denmark, Finland and Russia haven’t.

Belgium played Russia in Moscow yesterday and kneeled before kickoff, the Russian fans expressed their feelings accordingly.

I would discourage any real Christian to devote too much time and attention to watching/following any professional sports event. Soccer is no exception.

I also enjoy coming into threads of the topics I don't support and pontificating about my dislike without having been asked to do so. However, when I do I try to make the comment apply to the people I'm talking to.

Inquiring mind: "TOO MUCH TIME ON SPORTS"
Me: [Looks at calendar]
Me: I barely had time to watch one game this month.
Inquiring mind: "TOO MUCH TIME"

I would discourage any real Christian to devote too much time and attention to watching/following any professional sports event. Soccer is no excep

I also enjoy coming into threads of the topics I don't support and pontificating about my dislike without having been asked to do so. However, when I do I try to make the comment apply to the people I'm talking to.

Inquiring mind: "TOO MUCH TIME ON SPORTS"
Me: [Looks at calendar]
Me: I barely had time to watch one game this month.
Inquiring mind: "TOO MUCH TIME"
Please stop having a go at me. Just ignore me if you dislike my comments so strongly.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
After Ronaldo's little Coca Cola stunt, this old hit piece on him got thrown around a lot:

He sounds like a great guy. Who on earth wouldn't want a coworker who pushes them to eat healthier and train harder??? That's an amazing thing to have at any workplace, let alone in football.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Still 45 minutes to go, but if Based Hungary hangs on for the upset over Germany the image from the behind the net angle of the ball sneaking passed Neuer's outstretched rainbow armband-outfitted arm will quickly become iconic.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
There's football for you

Oh and Hungary you're all a bunch of racists

There's football for you

Oh and Hungary you're all a bunch of racists

"you could lose a game because of these kinds of slurs..."
toughen up princess..

"I just want to play football"
Sure babe..

Grow Bag

Pelican
To take my mind of things I've been watching the European championships. It's the first football I've watched in 4 years or so and it sure got Woke in that time. Apart from the "Respect" drive and taking the knee, now we've got women pundits. There's one on now who hasn't shut up since the game started and it's all inane jibber jabber:mad: