The Soccer Thread

Peacock
Gold Member
I don't really count securing food for the poor as something bad, but the rest of the wokesignalling is bullshit.

Gareth and the gang never protested when a fellow footballer was killed by the police, but happily salutes American corporate driven wokeness by taking a knee for BLM. The Italian side were diplomatic, they only did it if their opponents requested it, as a mark of sportsmanship not submission.

Anyway, I'm glad Red team lost, they can get back to their virtue signaling.

Black Pigeon Speaks has a good video on how sportsball distracts our tribalist instincts.

He's right generally speaking, but wrong about international competition like the Euro or World Cup, where the tribe you root for is actually your country, it's a strong display of national fervor and as such is a positive cultural manifestation, especially given that it occurs only once every 2 years, so it's not something that detracts from people's lives like club football. I don't think he understands that angle given that he is Canadian, you don't have this in North America except for once in a century occasion like the US-Soviet olympic showdown at Lake Placid.

Historically though, mass spectator sports did not exist after Rome collapsed, with a few exceptions like the Spanish corrida. Bigtime team soccer played in giant stadiums was set up in the mid/late industrial era in Britain in order to provide a "bread and circus" outlet for the huddled masses that moved to the big cities and industrial areas, as well as a tribal outlet that would compete with the church on Sundays. Stadiums like Hampden park in Glasgow used to feature up to 150,000 working class mostly standing spectators. It was one of the grand designs of the British social engineers from the late 18th century.

These two are a little annoying to say the least, they are geeks who know sweet FA about football, but.. the screenshots they display of the social media of all these politicians, VIPs, influencers are eye opening..

Basically - this was presented as Team POC Migrant (all that is good about the world) vs Team Heritage England (Evil in every way) and Team Migrant was going to win... and prove that Migration was better... and blah blah White Supremacy... then the wheels came off and Now Everything is Racist.

Spectacular to see this new narrative imposed and all the normies buy into it.

Morgoth has his own views, he's talking about Institutional Capture and the results thereof. He doesn't have much time for Norf F.C. and associated memes.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
These antics are perfectly in line with the nonstop diversity pushing the English did for more than a month. The Bleqs were supposed to bring football home - it was supposed to be the cherry on the cake. And it blew up all in their face.

I only just found out my homeland, better known as Airstrip One, was in the final. Good to see they lost! And I am so disconnected from normiestan as to be days behind the news.

Some people are getting named, shamed an canceled for making fairly mild jokes about blacks taking penalties. One comedian has had his career ruined for saying, "All I am saying is the white guys scored."

We live on the same planet where the Prime Minister of Canada was given a complete pass for three counts of behaving like a whirling dervish in black face.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
45322433-9787839-Marcus_Rashford-a-77_1626271504243.jpg

D984IXGW4AUyRvd

D98xVhKXsAMD65G

Last edited:

bucky

Ostrich
He's right generally speaking, but wrong about international competition like the Euro or World Cup, where the tribe you root for is actually your country, it's a strong display of national fervor and as such is a positive cultural manifestation, especially given that it occurs only once every 2 years, so it's not something that detracts from people's lives like club football. I don't think he understands that angle given that he is Canadian, you don't have this in North America except for once in a century occasion like the US-Soviet olympic showdown at Lake Placid.

Historically though, mass spectator sports did not exist after Rome collapsed, with a few exceptions like the Spanish corrida. Bigtime team soccer played in giant stadiums was set up in the mid/late industrial era in Britain in order to provide a "bread and circus" outlet for the huddled masses that moved to the big cities and industrial areas, as well as a tribal outlet that would compete with the church on Sundays. Stadiums like Hampden park in Glasgow used to feature up to 150,000 working class mostly standing spectators. It was one of the grand designs of the British social engineers from the late 18th century.
Sorry to be that guy, but chariot racing was huge in the Eastern Roman Empire through most of the middle ages. It actually formed the basis of the Byzantine's big political rivalries at times. Greens vs. Blues, if I recall correctly. Even in Rome they were still using the Circus Maximus for chariot races into something like the eleventh century.

Peacock
Gold Member
Yeah, some Roman traditions carried over in Byzance, including horse racing in stadiums, until its sack in 1204. There were also some heavily attended sporting events like the Palio in Renaissance Tuscanny that pitted neighborhoods against each other in horse races through the city centers, and popular jousting meets in middle age Europe, and corridas in Spain. But no team sports and leagues in large stadiums as seen in 19th century Britain.

bucky

Ostrich
Yeah, some Roman traditions carried over in Byzance, including horse racing in stadiums, until its sack in 1204. There were also some heavily attended sporting events like the Palio in Renaissance Tuscanny that pitted neighborhoods against each other in horse races through the city centers, and popular jousting meets in middle age Europe, and corridas in Spain. But no team sports and leagues in large stadiums as seen in 19th century Britain.
You argue it either way, but at least with chariot racing in Constantinople, it seems like it was actually worse than the obsession with modern sports. Rioting with massive numbers of people killed was common, and I believe a few civil wars started with rioting around chariot racing. What I'm saying is that it seems to me that the sportsball mentality has always existed. For example if you really look at the ancient Olympics, the corruption and degeneracy around them was pretty comparable to the modern games, which indicates a similar level of interest.

Garuda

Kingfisher
Globohomo is mad that the Italian team is 100% Italian.

You argue it either way, but at least with chariot racing in Constantinople, it seems like it was actually worse than the obsession with modern sports. Rioting with massive numbers of people killed was common, and I believe a few civil wars started with rioting around chariot racing. What I'm saying is that it seems to me that the sportsball mentality has always existed. For example if you really look at the ancient Olympics, the corruption and degeneracy around them was pretty comparable to the modern games, which indicates a similar level of interest.
I can think of two soccer games that poured gasoline onto a fire.

In 1969, El Salvador beat Honduras in a 1970 World Cup qualifying game while the two countries were fighting over land and migration. The armed conflict that erupted afterwards is called "The Soccer War" due to that game.

1990 was the year of the infamous Red Star Belgrade/Dinamo Zangreb game that ended in an ethnic riot between Serbs and Croats . The leader of the Delije (Red Star supporters) was a gangster named Arkan. He would later recruit other hooligans for a militia called the Tigers and invade Bosnia with it.

Transsimian

Ostrich
Gold Member
As a Scot, I'm not sad England lost, as a Briton, I'm glad the woke manufactured pseudonationalist team lost, it would have been a political win for people who hate me.

As for the players of African descent; they trained all their life to get skilled enough to play at this level, they more than deserved their place in the final. What was crazy was when an inexperienced teen was substituted on, they wasted everything on the chance three African athletes would prove the strength of diversity.

If England wanted a more indigenous/'White' team, then they could give children more time to mature before selecting out the future stars for training. Black boys generally reach puberty earlier, so are precosiously more likely to be chosen. In addition, more non-athlete (or godforbid non-rapper) Black rolemodels would break the illusion that throwing all their efforts into sportsball is the most economically sound career path.

bucky

Ostrich
Globohomo is mad that the Italian team is 100% Italian.

I can think of two soccer games that poured gasoline onto a fire.

In 1969, El Salvador beat Honduras in a 1970 World Cup qualifying game while the two countries were fighting over land and migration. The armed conflict that erupted afterwards is called "The Soccer War" due to that game.

1990 was the year of the infamous Red Star Belgrade/Dinamo Zangreb game that ended in an ethnic riot between Serbs and Croats . The leader of the Delije (Red Star supporters) was a gangster named Arkan. He would later recruit other hooligans for a militia called the Tigers and invade Bosnia with it.
I spent a few years living in Central America and I'm aware of the Football War. Thing is, it's not as if everything was great between Honduras and El Salvador and they suddenly went to war over a soccer game. Relations between the two countries had been very strained and hostile for some time. The main problem, strangely enough, was illegal immigration. At the time Honduras was a very prosperous country for Latin America, so there were hundreds of thousands of Salvadorans there illegally.

100% on the black kids fast tracked at a young age.
This is happening in rugby as well because people just wants to make a quick decision and they want the biggest and heaviest 13 year old for the quick evidence that they scouted a future star. they don't necessarily wait to see who is going to be the best or the most skillful over time.
the Australian Rugby team is now a Pacific islander team. France is big, beautiful, black and diverse.
their traditional brands of rugby and the quality of their rugby has suffered.
football wise, little Peter Beardsley would never have got a game in todays premiership. never have been capped. but he was instrumental for England for years and years.
same would have applied to the premiership careers of the likes of gary mcallister, gordon strachan and denis law I fear.
English premiership used to be important for developing scots players.. before the migrant invasion.

N°6

Hummingbird
Even football supporters from other continents saw Southgate’s decision to bring two black players so to take the final penalties as politically motivated. They were supposed to win for diversity and the newspaper articles were written.

England should have won that game in normal time anyway in front of home support but it choked instead of going for the second goal.

Have not watched any professional sporting event for years. (Albeit don't judge those who do.)
If I had a son, I would encourage him to play sports- but only to stay healthy, not to make a living out of it.
The rights sort of educational opportunities more likely to help someone to break out of poverty than professional sports. (regardless of the young person's ethnic background)

Pacífico

Pigeon
I find interesting how every big tournament (World Cup, Euro) generates reactions from people that usually don't care about club football/soccer. England is a severely mismanaged team. Having some of the most promising attackers in world football(Rashford, Sancho, Saka, Mount), they have decided to play with 5/6 defenders. As a result, they play a very boring style that only works against significantly weaker teams. Having said this, England would have not gone this far into the tournament if they have had to face Spain or France.

They were lucky that Italy's mvp was injured (Spinazzola) and they had most of the fans on their side. It is true that some of these players should have decided to play for an African or West Indian National Team in order to raise the overall quality of world football. The irony about the English national team is that, like France, its most promising players have African/West Indian descent. Therefore, the quality of their team would be much lower without them. I think a lot of folks are over thinking Southgate's decisions when he is just not fit to manage. Moreover, England often loses on penalties regardless of the migrants(WC 90, Euro 96, WC 98, Euro 2004, WC 2006, Euro 2012).