The Star Wars thread

A more credible online leaker again posted some internal content:

It seems that part of the movie was changed in post-production even against the wishes of JuJu. Some scenes were cut, filmed scenes were amended. The Reylo kiss and other scenes were forced upon JuJu.

I could imagine it to be true - he is a hack anyway, but it could be the mixture of a hack + SJW/Bob Iger micro-managing panic committee, changing his own work or forcing him to add parts to appease parts.

It was probably one of the dumbest big-budget movies in history. The Transfoermers movies make more sense and are more logical.

Philosopher

Kingfisher
Orthodox
What is your verdict? Are the prequels worse than the Disney "Trilogy." I hate to say it but I think Revenge of the Sith' ending duel may push the prequels slightly over the Disney movies as they literally have nothing redeeming or re watchable.

Aurini

Ostrich
RoastBeefCurtains4Me said:
CynicalContrarian said:
^
Now she just needs a brain transplant...

You know if you start dating her, she'll get fat again. She'll make her kids fat too!

I think it was mainly her dumpy outfit and ugly haircut; the actress herself seems like a decent human being, sucked into an awful movie playing an awful character.

last-jedi-rose-quote-3_e98ca2f4.jpeg

She's wearing a man's jumpsuit that doesn't fit; look at how that belt hangs off her, and how the makeup gives her chipmunk face. She's attractive; but they intentionally made her look ugly.

Aurini said:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me said:
CynicalContrarian said:
^
Now she just needs a brain transplant...

You know if you start dating her, she'll get fat again. She'll make her kids fat too!

I think it was mainly her dumpy outfit and ugly haircut; the actress herself seems like a decent human being, sucked into an awful movie playing an awful character.

[img=640x480]https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/last-jedi-rose-quote-3_e98ca2f4.jpeg[/img]

She's wearing a man's jumpsuit that doesn't fit; look at how that belt hangs off her, and how the makeup gives her chipmunk face. She's attractive; but they intentionally made her look ugly.

This not a coincidence - the Bolshevik Red Guard uniforms were notoriously unisex being ill-fitting both for men and more so for women:

[img=640x480]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d4/0e/18/d40e18cb7d477d7ff92f333b5b975e3b.jpg[/img]

There is an agenda behind it to have her hot sister die in combat while the frumpy overweight Rose got full coverage. Also she had a job punishing counter-revolutionairies - those that joined the rebellion voluntarily, but then when attempting to leave would be disciplined by comrade Rose. Then half the movie she blabbers on about capitalism and oppression. She is the perfect Maoist heroine that does not even reward that toxic male gaze.

Enigma

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Athanasius said:
From the Zman: "That is something that gets little attention about the multicultural paradise our rulers have planned for us. The business model of Hollywood is built on the assumption of a white middle-class. Devouring that white middle-class in order to create a multicultural paradise leaves Hollywood without an audience. South America has never been a great market for mass media. China and India are capable of producing their own computer-generated crap. The future of Hollywood looks grim."

Yeah, right, the “rulers” who play with the markets like you do video games and have orchestrated nearly every major war of the past 100 years are just so clueless that they don’t even understand basic supply and demand.

Hollywood’s primary function is propaganda. Making money is secondary.

Sure, random studio exec Joe Smith (or should I say Schwartz) cares how movies do because

< Burger King also had a big problem with their fan-base - it was so toxic, that it preferred their competition. The company then decided to call their customers racist, misogynist, toxic Russian bot online trolls. From here on out the company would decide to have all commercials consists of various diverse women kicking a white man's balls and calling him all those names while later munching down on a burger. Then she would scream into the camera and call you racist if you don't buy their burgers.

The saddest part though is that still so many useless eaters are buying tickets - less than for the last one, but it will likely clock around 1.15 to 1.2 bio. $.

This movie is one that would be justified to run in the world of Idiocracy as a big hit - just add more lights and shit and they will gobble it up.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Finished "Heir To The Empire" and started its sequel (out of three books), "Dark Force Rising." There's no excuse for why Disney came up with three bad scripts instead of simply turning these books into movies (Episodes 7, 8, and 9). It would have been an easy home run because these are the kinds of characters and stories that made people like Star Wars in the first place.

Aurini

Ostrich
MichaelWitcoff said:
Finished "Heir To The Empire" and started its sequel (out of three books), "Dark Force Rising." There's no excuse for why Disney came up with three bad scripts instead of simply turning these books into movies (Episodes 7, 8, and 9). It would have been an easy home run because these are the kinds of characters and stories that made people like Star Wars in the first place.

Those books even did a better job of "The Empire are Nazis" than the present movies. The problem is that Thrawn isn't easy to caricature as Drumpf.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
But Thrawn’s not even huwhyte. I suppose it’s “woke” that Palpatine broke his no non-humans rule and embraced diversity in Imperial leadership, but I’m pretty sure that 100% of villains in the last three movies were white. And the story is just better written by several orders of magnitude.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
They could have just made Thrawn orange instead of blue :laugh:

The main story arcs being that he was going to lock Leia up for nothingburger incorrect storage of classified messages on a non-senate droid. Also he was going to build a space wall to block off the rich imperial sympathisers from the poor rebel planets.

Kurgan

Kingfisher

Here's Mauler back at again, I enjoy his reviews of the new Star Wars movies as he shows the flaws of them and gets a ton of soyboy film critics triggered.

In the EU, the Empire did get "woke" and allowed females and non-human aliens in the Empire. The funny thing, it wound up surviving while the New Republic went away due the Vong Invasion.

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Emancipator said:
Kathleen better be given the boot, alongside the 75% women writing/brand support staff shown the door.

Disney's mishandling of a perfect lay up for one of the most beloved stories/franchise in history is going to be in business textbooks, alongside case studies in film.

RoS has crossed a $B but has now dropped below Rogue 1 daily gross at same period of time.

When is KK going to be "announcing her retirement"?

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Emancipator said:
Emancipator said:
Kathleen better be given the boot, alongside the 75% women writing/brand support staff shown the door.

Disney's mishandling of a perfect lay up for one of the most beloved stories/franchise in history is going to be in business textbooks, alongside case studies in film.

RoS has crossed a $B but has now dropped below Rogue 1 daily gross at same period of time.

When is KK going to be "announcing her retirement"?

Yet the world turns with nary a concern.
Rather odd how in a contextual manner, a film of that nature crossing 1 billion in earnings doesn't really mean much.

I just checked shill-tastic Screenrant, & unless I missed something. An entertainment site that will post the most frivolous of articles ("10 things you missed in obscure films trailer").
Does not have a single article on The Rape Of Skywalker earning more than a billion.
Barely anyone cares...

https://screenrant.com/search/star wars/

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Because it's a disappointment for Star Wars main film. the first and last movies of a trilogy should be the top grossers, had these films been made properly with knowledge and appreciation for the franchise they would be batting 2B for main films, and 1Bs for off shoots.

Media won't report on it since it highlights them missing the open net. No bad publicity for the Mouse !

I will be shocked if KK stays on, they'll hamster it by stating how successful The Mandolorian and Jedi FO have been, even though her involvement in those are limited. KK & LF didn't want the game to be about Jedis, and vetoed the character being female "not to overshine MaRey Sue"

Falling upwards.