The Stefan Molyneux Thread

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
I need to use that line the next time I hit up the club.

"Well baby, not to brag, but I'm a software entrepreneur and a modern influential philosopher...."
 

Malone

Pelican
Gold Member
Robert High Hawk said:
I need to use that line the next time I hit up the club.

"Well baby, not to brag, but I'm a software entrepreneur and a modern influential philosopher...."
Yep, say that in your lispy-gay voice and you've got Molyneux game down solid.
 
If he didn't get on people's nerves I'd call him a shill. You're gonna have to ruffle some feathers to be a halfway decent person in these days. Glad he's calling out the specials now.
 

Yatagan

Pelican
Gold Member
Chiosboy90 said:
Molyneux's Twitter is just golden over the last weeks. Very entertaining. But he is still not naming the ((Jew)) until lately, he comes closer and closer.

Ben Shapiro the hypocrite getting called out by Moly:
Benny is well known for his, shall we say, (((biases)))

 

Aurini

Ostrich
Leonard D Neubache said:
I think I missed the award show for philosophers this year but I'm glad he took home "best modern" and "most influential". Good for him.
If someone one the Internet said it, it must be true.
~Best Dressed Member of RVF
 

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I don't know if my experience has been typical, but I used to watch almost everything Stefan put out back in 2016-2017 and now I rarely watch his videos.

Maybe the algorithm or YouTube censorship is ultimately behind it, but from my perspective he just stopped producing content that I found interesting. Lots of trashy call-in episodes and other stuff that didn't grab me.

I liked his frequent interviews in 2016-17 and The Truth About ____ series, but these seem to have become more rare, and the topics less interesting when they do occur.
 
HermeticAlly said:
I don't know if my experience has been typical, but I used to watch almost everything Stefan put out back in 2016-2017 and now I rarely watch his videos.

Maybe the algorithm or YouTube censorship is ultimately behind it, but from my perspective he just stopped producing content that I found interesting. Lots of trashy call-in episodes and other stuff that didn't grab me.

I liked his frequent interviews in 2016-17 and The Truth About ____ series, but these seem to have become more rare, and the topics less interesting when they do occur.
His show was fantastic around 2010-2011, that was all about life, philosophy, psychology and also self-improvement in a way. Most people I know of who followed Molyneux back at that time will say it was a lot better then. When he talked about politics back then it was more from a perspective of political philosophy and making deeper analysis on it. There was a decent forum on his website too back in the day with many great discussions.

Then it seemed like he got bored of that and the show moved more into discussing the latest story in the news. He gained more of a following that way but he lost me there.
 
No More Mr. Soy Boy said:
HermeticAlly said:
I don't know if my experience has been typical, but I used to watch almost everything Stefan put out back in 2016-2017 and now I rarely watch his videos.

Maybe the algorithm or YouTube censorship is ultimately behind it, but from my perspective he just stopped producing content that I found interesting. Lots of trashy call-in episodes and other stuff that didn't grab me.

I liked his frequent interviews in 2016-17 and The Truth About ____ series, but these seem to have become more rare, and the topics less interesting when they do occur.
His show was fantastic around 2010-2011
I remember those days. His, "The Story Of Your Enslavement" is still his greatest work imo.
 

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
Coach Red Pill is what Molyneux could have evolved to, CRP's philosophy is nitty gritty, but has no BS to it, and speaks to real world dealings, how people are.

Molyneux is still appealing to reason, thinking we can still have the "conversation" where people want none on even the best days.

Young men a few years ago that would went to Molyneux, now go to CRP and other black pill/red channels to get their laughs/advice/jollies.

I also very much suspect CRP has actually lived a less cloistered life and has experienced more of the world and its shades, much more so than Molynux, so I doubt Molyneux would even be able to work in that realm of life musings (though I'm sure his ego would give it a shot)

I suspect his explosion in popularity is siphoning Molyenux's.
 

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I actually never heard of Stefan prior to the 2016 election cycle.

I like Coach Red Pill's videos but a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff with him bickering with various people like Sargon and others is a huge turnoff. Really petty and childish. Sort of like Vox Day's bad side, but perhaps worse. Still, much of what CRP says in his videos is solid advice.
 
Roosh said:
Stefan is experiencing a money crunch. He's not sure what to do.
He wants those donations. I don't get it though, I thought he was rich from his software business :dodgy:...


Not hating, I'm a business guy myself. Gotta make those shekels. But still, there's something about outright begging that doesn't sit right with me. Provide value and people will pay you for it. Do coaching/therapy calls, write a book or create a self-improvement program. There's a lot of ways to make money from a large fan base such as his while still providing value beyond the "free" content that is making him famous. The "if you watch my free philosophy show and don't send me a donation, be ashamed of yourself"-attitude is a bit off-putting.
 

puckerman

Ostrich
Stefan Molyneux has changes his tune so many times that nobody trusts him anymore. Joe Rogan once called him out for lying about the finances of Robin Williams after Robin died. Rogan knew this because Rogan had the same agent as Williams.
 
Top