The Stefan Molyneux Thread

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
Tech censorship grows and expands and the GOP does nothing. The GOP really goes out of their way to prove they are the fake opposition. At least the Washington Generals once beat the Globetrotters. The GOP never wins.

puckerman

Ostrich
I disagree with this entirely. That being said, it would not be hard to maintain two email services at the same time. It would especially make it easy to email all your subscribers when you are terminated on one service.

puckerman

Ostrich
There is something significant about Mailchimp terminating Molyneux's service. He was a paying customer of the service. This is quite different from Facebook or Twitter.

The reaction on Twitter was quite negative, with many claiming that they will be cancelling their accounts.

I also blocked the bitch who reported him.

I suspect Molyneux got deplatformed because he is involved with the 22 Convention.

Peacock
Gold Member
He's got that semi-psychotic smile, the product of a crazy mom upbringing. You could see back then he would make a good cult leader.

Peacock
Gold Member
Too bad he got banned, YT sucks, for sure, but his begging for donations in his short statement is a bit uncooth, coming from a guy who has likely raised well over a million from donations and professional blogging. He comes across as someone who is getting evicted and starving, when in fact he's one of the richest "dissidents" out there. a lot better off than the great majority of his audience that he is begging for donations...

Horus

Ostrich
Gold Member
Stefan had a large audience which were part of the silent, peaceful majority. And he was skirting dangerously close to he who shall not be named.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
I do not understand why bitchute's search function is completely broken. Couldn't they use some 20 year old search tech from Altavista or Lycos to make that work? It's surely the most important part of a video site.

I never cared for Stefan. A faux intellectual. A long winded self important blabbermouth. A libertarian weirdo. A guy with cult like beliefs and weird ideas on "de-foo ing your family". But I don't dislike him. He's just incredibly full of himself and not as intelligent as he thinks he is. He doesn't seem to understand his own "Universally Preferable Behavior" theory, which is really just a ripoff of Kant's imperatives. He got wrecked in a debate with a younger British atheist this year when he couldn't even explain his own theory that he supposedly wrote a book about, and said he needed time to prepare if they were to discuss his theory.

But he was never really controversial. Oh, he had some good things to say here and there. I liked his video about Robin Williams suicide and his attacks on the screwed up divorce industry. But what did he say that was really so controversial? I suppose its the stuff on race and IQ. We simply can't talk about how some race's mental capabilities differ from others. (Though I guess talking about physical capabilities is fine, as long as it's not something that white people are naturally better at like swimming).

Also, he could have shown some balls and said F U YouTube, or told people to come to his bit chute, or gab, or something else, or even gone down in a blaze of libertarian glory like that Iranian exercise video vegan weirdo who went to the Youtube HQ. Youtube is a corrupt censoring group of satanic people who want to shove ads down my throat, but at the end of the day it's a free service, so if it completely disappears that shouldn't really harm you. He could have turned it into a Howard Stern Goes to Sirius or Joe Rogan Goes to Spotify moment. But no. He just shilled for shekels. I continue to be unimpressed.

griffinmill

Kingfisher
Too bad he got banned, YT sucks, for sure, but his begging for donations in his short statement is a bit uncooth, coming from a guy who has likely raised well over a million from donations and professional blogging. He comes across as someone who is getting evicted and starving, when in fact he's one of the richest "dissidents" out there. a lot better off than the great majority of his audience that he is begging for donations...
Does anybody remember the video where he castigated some poor guy who had the audacity to donate a really small amount? I always found it unseemly that he begs for donations. The man built a successful software company and sold it for what I assume was millions years ago.

I know I may offend a lot of people on this forum, but another thing I didn't like was how he moved away from the anti-religion rants he used to do in the early part of his YouTube career. He even apologised later for being so critical, which I thought was really disingenuous. He was pandering now to his audience.

But, saying all that, Stefan Molynuex has had a profound influence on me over the last five years. He helped improve my thinking on things like gender, race science and immigration and helped me become a better logical thinker. He remains my favourite YouTuber for his clear thinking and his cutting through all of the bullshit. He was always pretty much on the right side of things.

Imagine having built up an audience of nearly a million subscribers with thousands of videos and YouTube just decides to zap it without any prior warning. You'd think the platform would show its loyal creators a modicum of respect and allow people to get things in order before deleting their entire history. But no - zero respect. From what I gather he didn't even have any strikes on his channel.

To me it's really sad that the early days of social media showed so much promise. Here we had these platforms that could provide us with alternative voices to counter the unrelenting hammering of the narrative from the MSM. If Hillary Clinton wants to destroy Libya and turn it into a slave trade dystopian hellscape, at least we could flip over to YouTube where it was actually being reported.

Someone should also tell these leftists that race and IQ is real. It's not up for debate. Social science research for the past 70 years from a variety of different institutions has confirmed it as fact. The only debate to be had about racial cognitive difference is how much of it is nature versus nurture.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
Hopefully now he is banned from Youtube he starts to open it up more and stop with a lot of the purple pill "it is about the free market" talking points. The Alt-Right was correct again and ahead of him again. Hopefully he already agreed with them but thought if he didn't speak out too much that he would be protected on Youtube, and now he is kicked off he starts to release red pill information. He has tons of followers whom he could push from purple to red pill in a single video on Bitchute now if he wanted to do so.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I think Stefan softened up on "religion" because his views on the subject genuinely changed - even if he doesn't actually believe in God (yet), he recognizes the massive benefits Christianity provides, societally-speaking.

It's funny, I thought Stefan was going to have a come-to-Jesus moment a few years ago, and it still hasn't happened yet.

questor70

Ostrich
He's just incredibly full of himself and not as intelligent as he thinks he is
I think it's very hard to build a youtube following without starting to appear arrogant and self-important. I think it helps to bring in guests because the nature of monologue makes you seem like a rigid ideologue who just wants to proselytize rather than debate which is why "talk show" people like Joe Rogan are more socially acceptable dissidents.

Stylistically I don't think it helps when you bring an ultra HD camera into super closeup to the point where your freckles and skin flaws are on grotesque display like Goldmember as you mug for the camera and execute carefully timed pregnant pauses.

I think it's better to have the idea lead your channel than style of delivery.

We're seeing the greatest censoring in history.

This is it, the last few months of freedom.

The plan has been revealed. In the future, you will be ruled by dystopian orwellian Tech companies, who will gradually, but constantly erode your capacity to think, to feel, anything other than the approved discourse. After cops have been disbanded, a black thug social worker, will burst through your door for writing wrongthinker online. In the very short future, you will not even need to write anything contentious, because algorithms will predict you as a future wrongthinker.

This is it, few seem to realize the scope of it. In 5 months, you will no longer have any freedom, your life as you know it is over.

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
I am in the same boat as GriffinMill.

I have had several father replacement figures - given that my father had virtually no input into my development.

Stefan was the most influential of these. At the time I had no ground beneath my feet, no idea of where my life would go, no awareness of history or where society is going. It was the start of my real introspection and self-improvement; rather than more looking out into the world for problems.

A friend also started listening to him. To give you an idea of how stewed in leftism he was at the time, his first reaction was, "I don't know if I like this. Anarcho-capitalism. It must be bad because it has capitalism in it." He name dropped Molyneux at his wedding, in reference to telling people there they should force him and his wife to stay together if they ever speak of divorce. People didn't know what to think of that. It was a shell to their blue-pill minds. If it wasn't for Molyneux he'd likely be at home masturbating, watching Netflix etc., but instead he has a purpose. It's the same for me.

Without various guides, all of whom have their flaws, I would just be treading water in the nothingness of modernity. He is also very good at picking out people's life problems. I remember listening to a few of his call ins from people who have been to psychologists for years and get nowhere; and he is able to lift the veil in an hour or two.

His weak point is has smarmyness. He has an inability to concede in debate, even when you can tell his mind has processed he is wrong. He just starts constructing an elaborate defence of his ideas.

On Christianity. His position on this appears to be genuine. With the mounting assault from the left he has realised that his own chopping down of the structures of the past is an attack on the environment he wants to live in. He's realised that AnCap ideas are too idealistic. Humans are flawed and that so much of what he values has come from a Christian tradition.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
I am in the same boat as GriffinMill.

I have had several father replacement figures - given that my father had virtually no input into my development.

Stefan was the most influential of these. At the time I had no ground beneath my feet, no idea of where my life would go, no awareness of history or where society is going. It was the start of my real introspection and self-improvement; rather than more looking out into the world for problems.

A friend also started listening to him. To give you an idea of how stewed in leftism he was at the time, his first reaction was, "I don't know if I like this. Anarcho-capitalism. It must be bad because it has capitalism in it." He name dropped Molyneux at his wedding, in reference to telling people there they should force him and his wife to stay together if they ever speak of divorce. People didn't know what to think of that. It was a shell to their blue-pill minds. If it wasn't for Molyneux he'd likely be at home masturbating, watching Netflix etc., but instead he has a purpose. It's the same for me.

Without various guides, all of whom have their flaws, I would just be treading water in the nothingness of modernity. He is also very good at picking out people's life problems. I remember listening to a few of his call ins from people who have been to psychologists for years and get nowhere; and he is able to lift the veil in an hour or two.

His weak point is has smarmyness. He has an inability to concede in debate, even when you can tell his mind has processed he is wrong. He just starts constructing an elaborate defence of his ideas.

On Christianity. His position on this appears to be genuine. With the mounting assault from the left he has realised that his own chopping down of the structures of the past is an attack on the environment he wants to live in. He's realised that AnCap ideas are too idealistic. Humans are flawed and that so much of what he values has come from a Christian tradition.
And the next step for him, or why he lags behind the Alt-Right, is being honest and asking where Christian tradition comes from, and more so why Christianity differs, sometimes largely, from one set of people to another and how genetics play a huge role in everything.

Even the difference in the Germanic/Northern Europe Protestantism of simplicity v. the more big display Catholic churches of Southern Europe v. the Orthodox churches of Eastern Europe all vary greatly, and these people are still very close related genetically.

Jordan Peterson, Molyneux, are both good at that rational, masculine father figure role. Were there any such characters before 2010? I can't seem to recall. Before that I have the idea that PUA and the nascent manosphere was basically the only masculine teaching out.

My issue with Molyneux is his incessant rambling. 1 hour to say what could be said in 5 minutes.