The Stefan Molyneux Thread

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
I remain a great fan, only thing you can say is he can be arrogant and of course I'm not sold all the way on libertarianism.
I believe Stefan is on the cusp of converting. In a recent video non Bitchute, he said that "I look at the world increasingly from a Christian perspective, and even though I'm not technically Christian as of yet..." This man needs some prayers.
I also heard this in the current podcast.
I'm referring to the personal calls people have with him, Stefan investigates, blames one of the parents, peaceful parenting outline, tells about his daughter, tells only the caller can end the the bad things in his life, they need to change behaviour, that mom, dad or partner wont change, that caller should get a psychologist, Stefan will pay, and get life on rails.
Yes, that's the other thing. He manages to find some almost cliché dysfunctional characters who call in - stepfather raped me, my brother's on drugs, my cousin committed suicide etc. It is all a bit exhibitionistic and I think he gets a bit of a kick out of it, especially when it comes to women and in his own words, their greatest failing, vanity. Always mentioning "onlyfans", I almost wouldn't have heard of it if it wasn't for him. I might have it on headphones if I'm working in the garden or driving or going for a hike, but honestly his philosophy monologues are usually a lot better than the call-in shows.

Sometimes feel tempted to call in myself but am probably too much of a private person to do it, and the things I would discuss don't really fit the mold of the types he usually has on the show.

Akaky Akakievitch

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I do agree, sometimes his reactions to guests are off-putting.

But overall I did and still do gain value from some of his points and perspective on various topics. Is that wrong as a Christian to listen to an atheist on philosophical topics? I don't know and perhaps my Orthodox bothers can weigh in. If he was spewing out pure hatred for Christians and our faith, I'd never bother with him again. But I've never had that sense or felt my faith was being dishonored. Only things I'd disagree and hope that the Holy Spirit answers for him.

There is something called the 'spermatikos logos' or 'seed of reason' within Orthodoxy - I first heard it from DPH on COTEL (Church of the Eternal Logos), and found this article which explains it well, and I think it is relevant to your question:

The Orthodox view of dialogue with other religions [inc. atheism - my edit] is also rooted in the Church Fathers. Subsequent to the Apostolic age St. Justin Martyr, a second century apologist, makes the claim for Christianity that "Whatever things were rightly said among all men are the property of us Christians."[13] Justin espouses the belief that both Gentiles and Jews will be saved on the basis of their piety and holiness. He states that "Christ is the first-born of God, and we have declared above all that He is the Word (Logos) of whom every race of men were partakers; and those who lived according to reason are Christian."[14] All peoples are able to participate in the "spermatikos logos" or seed of reason: "For each man spoke well in proportion to the share he had of the spermatic word (reason disseminated among men), seeing what was related to it," because "the seed of reason (the Logos) implanted in every race of men" makes God's revelation accessible to all [15] The pre-existence of the eternal Logos of God enables "all the races of men to participate" in God's revelation. The "seed of the Logos is innate in all the races of men and resides in all people." uniting humanity and making all "part of the Logos."[16]

Saint John Chrysostom, in the fourth century, tells us that God is "not particular but He is the Father of all" and His providence brings the "nations" to salvation. To the Jews God gave the "written law" but to the nations He gave the "natural law," the law innate in human conscience and reason.[17]

In our times. Professor John N. Karmiris, University of Athens, based on his studies of the Church Fathers, concludes that the salvation of non-Christians, non-Orthodox and heretics depends on the all-good, allwise and all-powerful God, who acts in the Church but also through other "ways." God's saving grace is also channelled outside the Church. It cannot be assumed that salvation is denied non-Christians living in true piety and according to natural law by the God who "is love" (1 John 4:8), In his justice and mercy God will judge them worthy even though they are outside the true Church.[18] This position is shared by many Orthodox who agree that God's salvation extends to all who live according to His "image" and "participate in the Logos." The Holy Spirit acted through the prophets of the Old Testament and in the nations. Salvation is also open outside the Church.[19]

God will judge us by our fruits. Stefan has helped multitudes of people over the years and brought them to the truth, and that can't be a bad thing.

What I respect the most from Stef and really any others who put themselves out there, Roosh as well...

Is that they put it on the line.

Great point. There are very few people in the world with that kind of tenacity who want to engage in conversation, debate and challenging people's pre-conceptions - Jay Dyer is probably his rough equivalent in the Orthosphere. As others have mentioned, Stefan has certain pitfalls for sure but we all have our weaknesses. At least, he's not afraid to get out there and put it on the line, as you say.

El Draque

Banned
Orthodox
I remember vaguely that he said his mother was Jewish.

He is Jewish from both parents.

Scroll down this list to his entry, and there's video of him confirming both his parents were Jews.

Akaky Akakievitch

Kingfisher
Orthodox

Scroll down this list to his entry, and there's video of him confirming both his parents were Jews.

Thank you, that's solid evidence. After browsing through the website, it has revived my Jewish suspicions a little more. It would certainly make sense if he was a disinformation agent, I could believe that. I was being much more optimistic earlier, but now I'm wondering if that was simple naïveté!

What's your opinion? Do you think he is being deceitful?

El Draque

Banned
Orthodox
Thank you, that's solid evidence. After browsing through the website, it has revived my Jewish suspicions a little more. It would certainly make sense if he was a disinformation agent, I could believe that. I was being much more optimistic earlier, but now I'm wondering if that was simple naïveté!

What's your opinion? Do you think he is being deceitful?

I dont really have a strong one on him. I watched his stuff here and there a few years ago, never a fan, but i liked his breakdowns on certain stuff, he's clearly intelligent and skilled communicator. He seems egotistical & mercantile. There was a lot of stuff about how he has set himself up as some sort of Cult leader. I wouldnt venture to know how true any of that is, but he does have form for quite melodramatic begging from his supporters.

I think he was just in it for the money, ego & e-fame. If he was a legit disinfo agent, i doubt he'd have been so effectively snuffed out of the NPC sphere.

All that said the thing with these figures, is even if they start out well intentioned, there's so many funds out there, from various groups, that will throw money at them, at the hope of furthering their agendas.

If they get 5k and a note saying "I was really impressed with how you talked about X", then they will likely riff on similar content in the future. Then maybe another payment is made, with a similar note, and they start to effectively tapdance for spare change.

Akaky Akakievitch

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I dont really have a strong one on him. I watched his stuff here and there a few years ago, never a fan, but i liked his breakdowns on certain stuff, he's clearly intelligent and skilled communicator. He seems egotistical & mercantile. There was a lot of stuff about how he has set himself up as some sort of Cult leader. I wouldnt venture to know how true any of that is, but he does have form for quite melodramatic begging from his supporters.

I think he was just in it for the money, ego & e-fame. If he was a legit disinfo agent, i doubt he'd have been so effectively snuffed out of the NPC sphere.

All that said the thing with these figures, is even if they start out well intentioned, there's so many funds out there, from various groups, that will throw money at them, at the hope of furthering their agendas.

If they get 5k and a note saying "I was really impressed with how you talked about X", then they will likely riff on similar content in the future. Then maybe another payment is made, with a similar note, and they start to effectively tapdance for spare change.

That sounds honest and is likely the case, dancing to the tune of some sweet dollar from 'anonymous' sources. Also in that article you posted it claimed to have a screenshot of his public BTC wallet and it was somewhere near to $1m. Does he still need donations if that's the case? And it also pointed out something I always found odd - he calls it the "no.1 philosophy show" but really it does seem more like "the no.1 'anything-Stefan-is-thinking-about' show", inc. current affairs, culture, drama, literature, history, anecdotes, money, relationships, and maybe some philosophy as a side dish - I wonder now, what he is all about.

Well, considering how I started commenting on this thread about praying for him to become a Christian, I've come a long way in how I see him! There are so many layers to figures like this, hence why he has a 24 page thread that's been running for multiple years, and which prior to this thread, consolidated multiple other threads. Complex guy to say the least.

Enoch

Ostrich
To be fair Stefan has spoken out against Male Genital Mutilation and the such. His "self-help" type call in stuff is his worst content.

History and economics stuff is excellent. Same with business/management content.

I don't buy his takes on Crypto but many smart people are high on Crypto. I am not.

M'bare

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Gold Member

El Draque,

It's a good bit of evidence for sure. It's also rather sensational -- the way they write. But whatever....

It's difficult to fully know ones intent and if they're saying something tongue in cheek, or why they're saying what they're saying.

I've joked about being ashkenazi jew because my dad had around 1 percent in his dna test. I've also joked that i'm American Indian, and mexican for the same reason. I'm a big blend, but mostly Irish, English and German. Raised Catholic. The point is, sometimes people say something to disarm the other person making an accusation or whatever, but it's not really true. I don't know if that's the case with Stef or not. Maybe his explanation is total bull -- we have no way to validate that.

Considering that website is anonymous, it too may be run by Jews who are using it to raise money, and gather data on those who visit the site. Have they not considered how they could also be perceived? Pose as a Christian site and want to simply bring truth -- sounds like a honey pot for controlled opposition! But like Stef, I really don't know. If I were the enemy, I'd try to get the opposition to see anyone who's making an impact on society as "controlled opposition" and bad. Plant the seeds of doubt and demoralization.

I think the true psy-op and controlled opposition in our time has been Qanon, a redux of Operation Truth in the Russian revolution. They spoke to things those on the right care about, but then told everyone to sit back and do nothing, to not worry about it -- that it was all being handled behind the scenes by white hats. That's true controlled opposition. Take the work and action away from the individual or movement. Make them feel like they have inside info, a part of something and they don't actually have to act on themselves.

Controlled opposition is someone like Hannity, who's supposed to be this conservative pundit, but dogs on Ron Paul's principles.

For Stefan, if he's really controlled opposition then it's a pretty strange way to go about it. When he started to dive into politics and really started having an impact on various platforms, then they nuke him. He advocates for personal responsibility and to take concepts and put them into action, and basically advocates against every ZOG initiative we regularly discuss. From what I can tell he's for strong family, raising kids right, pushing back on marxist doctrine, don't initiate violence, get money supply out of the hands of the (((corrupt))), marriage and positive relationships, make your keep and hard work, etc.

I'd encourage people to just listen to some of his podcasts and judge for yourselves. Like I've said, besides being atheist at the moment, he's overall and on the big issues lock step with everything we stand for on this forum. I think his big idea of a free society is a bit idealistic however - that if we just did away with the State then everything would be fine, so as long as we followed his secular ethics. Although, if his theory were to play out, and people could organize as they see fit, then it would lend itself to ethno states forming. To me that's fine -- live around whoever you want. There are a ton of people I know I'd rather not live around, and hate paying taxes to float these dregs of society. Jewish intellectuals want to eliminate groups of people, pushing for ultra blended people, except for themselves of course. So again, I just don't see how anything Stef advocates for has any alignment at all with the ZOG agenda.

I just don't know how he's the leader of the controlled opposition, other than being a mouth piece and public figure. Even if he's a leader of sorts, how does him existing, prevent others from rising up and being leaders -- taking action or whatever? It's not like he's an institutional gate keeper like most jews are. Why would they kick him off all of the big platforms if he was doing a great job controlling the opposition? I'm not seeing the logic.

It reminds of a debate I had with someone saying that anyone with over 100k followers on youtube, was sanctioned by the jews and controlled opposition. That can't be the only litmus test can it?

As far as the jewish question: Let's say he does have jewish heritage. Is that automatically disqualifying? Can they not redeem themselves? We all know the things they push and their overrepresentation in areas -- this is a fact, and one that should be considered. I think anyone, jewish or not, deserves scrutiny and skepticism. We should always be alert for sophist, the deceivers as the bible warns about.

I tend to have the take that General Wrangel (Anti communist general during the revolution) has concerning the jewish question. That yes there are many revolutionary jews, and they head some of the most inverse and satanic areas of subversion and control. And i'm not surprised they've been kicked out of many countries. But I point my ire at them who do these things, and not all jews. Not all jews, certainly not orthodox jews are my enemy. Maybe some orthodox, but it tends to be the secular jewish-in-name-only ones that have the heart of evil from my perspective. I'm not going to automatically presume someone is bad for having jewish heritage or being jewish. Maybe I'm too idealistic, but I'm going to judge whether someone is good company or worth considering their points, in relation to the bible. Everyone who's trying to pervert this world, committing evil and on the side of satan is the enemy to me.

My overall point, is I'm not going to outright dismiss Stef for possibly having parents who were jewish. I will criticize him for not being clear, and explaining full well what he meant, or why he'd even say something that was partially true. I should watch how my speech is evaluated at times too to be fair. Nonetheless, we should pray for unbelievers and interact with them at times.

Romans 1:16​

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Romans 10:12-14​

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?

I don't know though. Will keep praying and thinking on these things. Stay vigilant everyone.

Last edited:

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
On Stefan's tribal affiliation. When he has regailed us of his past girlfriends, he mentioned one that was a Jew and said something like,

"Of course she finished with me. She wanted to keep it within her own high IQ tribe. I was a step down."

Not really watched him for many years. But he really liked Jews' high IQ. He had strong overlaps with people like Peter Thiel and Moldbug, I.e. hyper-rationalists, empiricists who favour intellectual prowess and clarity of thinking. That seems to have ebbed over the years.

I began listening to him in around 2012, a friend did too and another a bit earlier. He was the pivotal figure in leaving all the latent left, nothing and rootless drips that come in from the failing society. I never seriously thought of having children before Stef. Now one friend is probably responsible for saving a few women from childlessness as a result.

Stef has acted as a replacement internet father for, I assume 100,000+. Most of us were just left by our parents and others like free range chickens, as if we could come up with something better than the 1,000s of years of handed down wisdom that propegates society into the future.