The Syria conflict thread

pitbullowner

Kingfisher
911 said:
Erdogan is an impulsive, opportunistic and corrupt leader. His family has profited from the looting of Syria, and he's harboring and supporting jihadi freaks in north Syria.

New footage of Russo-American tension in northern Syria, US armored vehicle goes out of its way to push Russian jeep off the road:

The Russians are playing the long game here and will eventually win out because they have the support of the Syrian people, whereas the US is using its military to fulfill neocon goals, straight out taking Syrian oil and preventing the country's reconstruction, keeping the migrant crisis and chaos going. But you have to wonder if an incident like this could escalate...

It's so exhausting fighting jewish wars...I wish there was a way we could educate our society to not join the military for conquest wars in the middle east.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
Leonard D Neubache said:
It_is_my_time said:
We just keep poking the bear while we can't even defend our own borders and our citizens are not safe.
This will help you with the "we" part, IIMT. Whenever you see a US flag attached to a military vehicle then imagine an Israeli one in its place. Then you will not be upset that "your" military is being misused because you will accept that it's not "your" military.

The best you can do is to make sure that none of your sons (of God forbid, daughters) end up with foreign blood on their hands or being fed into the Israeli meat grinder.
I appreciate it. I just know young people active in the military right now and then some older guys who got out but could be called back if Iran or Russia pulls our card. And I don't want to see any of them hurt over this silly nonsense while the Mexican Drug cartel moves across our border and sets up shop across the USA.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
It definitely seems like a good time to drag one's heels until they can get out of the armed forces or at best get a remf position that doesn't require them to train murderous islamic terrorists and/or kill innocent people protecting their homelands.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
Reports that there were 33 Turkish soldiers killed on twitter. No idea if this is accurate or not. In response the Turkish govt. is going to let the millions of Syrian refugees they have in their country go on into Europe to punish Europe for not helping them more.

All hell is about to break loose. Especially when you add in the Greeks yesterday who attacked and beat up 5 police officers for protecting a ship full of African migrants.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
It_is_my_time said:
Reports that there were 33 Turkish soldiers killed on twitter. No idea if this is accurate or not. In response the Turkish govt. is going to let the millions of Syrian refugees they have in their country go on into Europe to punish Europe for not helping them more.

All hell is about to break loose. Especially when you add in the Greeks yesterday who attacked and beat up 5 police officers for protecting a ship full of African migrants.
He's opened the gates of Mordor and let the orcs out

La Águila Negra

Kingfisher
Situation is evolving rapidly now.

Erdogan basically can't pull out anymore after taking 40-50 KIA (official number is 33KIA now but that will rise) in a day. Apparantly the Russians flattened a two storey building that was used a command center

The latest:
- Syrian AD engages hostile aircraft over Aleppo (Turks or Israeli)
- Erdogan has summoned a meeting with NATO
- Erdogan is playing his favourite card to gain support from the EU: unleash the migrants.
- Turkish artillery (and aircraft?) continues to strike Syrian Army positions in Idlib
- Social media (twitter Facebook, Instagram etc) are currently unavailable in Turkey

This was bound to happen. Rebels (or Turkish soldiers embedded?) have been firing manpads at Russian aircraft for days now. Usually taking cover near the Turkish outposts. Turkish artillery has been firing dangerously close to Russian servicemen.

Mad dog Erdogan thought he could get away with it. Or maybe it's the response he was actually hoping for

Play with fire and you WILL get burnt

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
I suppose the jury will be out soon on whether the American public will support a NATO response for a bunch of Turks getting killed while fucking around in a nation they're not supposed to be in.

I very much doubt that the NATO accord requires a response to a member state's forces being attacked while undertaking military operations in a hostile foreign nation or else Erdogan could simply begin a war of conquest and demand the US do all the fighting.

Somehow I don't think the American people nor the ground troops are interested in going to save a bunch of muslims they've been conditioned to hate ever since 9/11.

La Águila Negra

Kingfisher
I suppose the jury will be out soon on whether the American public will support a NATO response for a bunch of Turks getting killed while fucking around in a nation they're not supposed to be in.

I very much doubt that the NATO accord requires a response to a member state's forces being attacked while undertaking military operations in a hostile foreign nation or else Erdogan could simply begin a war of conquest and demand the US do all the fighting.

Somehow I don't think the American people nor the ground troops are interested in going to save a bunch of muslims they've been conditioned to hate ever since 9/11.
I don't see it happening. The elections are too close. For sure rhetoric will be ramped up in the coming days by neocons though

Expect many 'Assad bombs his own people and here's why we have to stand with out NATO ally' articles

Due to my work I am working very closely with Erdogan's circles of trust and businessmen , according to them it is very likely that Turkey declares war to Syria this afternoon.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Ah, you are from Turkey? You must long to see your homeland again. Here, let me buy you a round trip plane ticket.

*koof koof*

What? No, that's nothing. Just my allergies playing up. Here, let me kiss you on each cheek as is the parting tradition of my people. Masalama, friend. Enjoy your time away.

911 said:
Erdogan recent speech in which he claims Turkish Ottoman lebensraum extends to not only Syria, but also Albania, Libya and CRIMEA!!!

The guy is nuts.

The Turks would declare Germany and Austria part of their territory. But they are the poor oppressed underclass who just failed at European conquest (a conquest that was made possible by not sticking to most edicts of Islam (since that makes you literally retarded and backwards) and by taking lots of smart able combat slaves from Europe).

Now they think that they are the shit only because they fit the geopolitical strategy point of some globalists and the US.

The fake coup that guy staged cemented his power for life - Turkey is already in a de-facto dictatorship.

Blake2

Robin
"Opinion: NATO must stand with Turkey against Russia to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe in Syria"
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opi...key-against-russia-to-prevent-a-humanitarian/

‘Turkish troops attacked despite coordination with Russia’
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-eas...ked-despite-coordination-with-russia-/1748312

"Airstrike Hits Turkish Forces in Syria, Raising Fears of Escalation"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/world/middleeast/russia-turkey-syria-war-strikes.html

"David Adesnik: In Syria, Trump should act to save thousands of lives"
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/david-adesnik-in-syria-trump-should-act-to-save-thousands-of-lives

«Не должны были находиться в этом районе»: Минобороны РФ раскрыло обстоятельства гибели турецких военных в Идлибе
"They shouldn't have been in that area. Defense ministry of Russia explains the circumstances of the death of Turkish soldiers in Idlib"
https://russian.rt.com/world/article/722981-idlib-turciya-voennye

Take a look at Anadolu agency (Turkey's official news agency). They are being cautious and not calling for war against Russia troops. They are blaming Assad and Syria. Looks like they want territory/influence in Syria while maintaining friendly ties with Russia (ex weapons purchases). Tough balancing act.

RT (in Russian) is taking a similar stance, avoiding a full on media attack against Turkey. Russia also wants good relations with Turkey.

The US would be the clear winner in a Turkish/Russian conflict

"And I hope President Erdogan sees that we are their ally in the past and in the future, and they must abandon the S-400," RIA Novosti quoted US Ambassador to NATO Kay Bailey Hutchison as saying.

Its always fun to try to analyze such situations from an objective perspective.

Blake2

Robin
Excellent analysis article:
https://www.ft.com/content/7a409232-475c-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441
"Russia and Turkey have fallen out in Syria"

**Written BEFORE this latest crisis.( Feb. 4) Even back then it was getting strained.

Turkey has interests in Syria.
Russia has interests in Syria.
They can't both get what they want.

"Russia and Turkey are also on opposite sides of Libya’s civil war and Mr Erdogan has pretty much burnt Turkey’s bridges with the US and EU. Ankara may have bitten off more than it can chew."

Leonard D Neubache said:
Ah, you are from Turkey? You must long to see your homeland again. Here, let me buy you a round trip plane ticket.

*koof koof*

What? No, that's nothing. Just my allergies playing up. Here, let me kiss you on each cheek as is the parting tradition of my people. Masalama, friend. Enjoy your time away.
i am French , it s not an issue for me.
Actually - the numbers of soldiers dead is around 110, this is the info i have from some commanders on the ground.
But Erdogan said it s 33 or so to minimize things.
That what explains his "anger" , he understand he has been played out by Putin (this is my own interpretation)
In general the level of propaganda in Turkey is very high at the moment , a lot of Turks are happy and think that it is a good thing to send them to Europe .

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Turkey is only doing this because the EU and its members are pathetic. If anyone stepping foot into EU suddenly found themselves either A) shot, B) placed into a concentration camp with extremely basic conditions and zero hope of ever getting any benefits, and C) swift deportation regardless of what the origin country says, the migrant problem would be solved in less than a month.

Furthermore, even if Turkey hadn't done this, EU would have still been deluged with gimmegrants from Bangladesh, Benin, Zimbabwe and God knows what other places, simply because the parasites of the entire world are attracted to such a weak and gluttonous place.

La Águila Negra

Kingfisher
The latest:

- The ultimatum set by Erdogan for the SAA to retreat to the front lines as stipulated in the Sochi Agreement has expired
- Turkey continues to attack SAA military positions and convoys with artillery fire and from the air.
- Turkey attacks Hezbollah/ SAA / Iranian proxy militia gathering in Aleppo and kills several high ranking Syrian officers /Hezb members
- Russian and Syrian aircraft have been inactive for 12+ hours now. Only Turkish drones are active over Idlib
- A Russian presidential spokesperson told the public that they 'would not let Turkey decide Syria' s fate.' The Iranian embassy in Syria tweeted that' any Turkish aggression on Syrian or Iranian forces would be met with full force. '
- [Allegedly] Russian and Iranians have had a meeting how to avoid US/ Israeli intervention
- [Allegedly] Turkey and Russia have held meetings about coming to a new understanding
- [Allegedly] The Iranians have offered Turkey a bilateral meeting (excluding Russia, whom they regard as untrustworthy? ) to defuse the situation

My take: the Russians bombed that command center and are letting the Turks blow off steam on the SAA/ Hezb/ Iranian proxy militias as a trade off. Turkey knows it were the Russians but it's the one actor they do not want to engage openly. So they go after the pretty much defenseless SAA. They are offering Erdogan a means to save face without suffering too much themselves

In the coming days the Russians, Iranians and other SAA allies will return to the negotiation table to try to sort this out.