The Tucker Carlson thread

fokm

Robin
Gold Member
Tucker is of the establishment. I've had a hard time with this as Tucker delivered so many amazing monologues over the past 4 years.

But where is Tucker when it counts? Fuentes makes the case pretty well, and I am with him. Tucker is Anathema at this point. He either brings the ruckus NOW or is useless. USA doesn't need 4 years of whining about the invalid, corrupt insanity of a Biden administration, what is needed is a valid election.

Just a few weeks ago I went to the MAGA Stop The Steal March with Roosh in DC.

People were literally chanting "Tucker 2024."

It cannot be overstated how Tucker conquered cable news and the GOP this year.

And it cannot be overstated how quickly his support has vanished.

Tucker did not stand up for his head writer earlier this year. He let the left have a scalp. He addressed it on his show very quickly. We should have known then.

It's so disappointing.

Never forget.

Peacock
Gold Member
Tucker applied to the CIA:

He also frequented Comet Pizza enough to be mentioned in a Washington Post article:
And I recommend reading the article. Knowing what we know now, it's very creepy:

"Dessert is another recent addition to Comet, and you'll want to save room for it: vanilla, chocolate and mint chocolate chip ice cream is churned by the locally owned Moorenko's Ice Cream according to Comet's specifications and is offered by the scoop, as part of a root beer float or in a sundae in a silver dish. Plan to go all the way -- good sundaes are hard to find. I'm keen on vanilla ice cream heaped with swollen strawberries, but others at my tables say the Tin Roof, with its warm chocolate sauce and roasted peanuts, makes them swoon.

Truth be told, though, the best finish I ever had at Comet Ping Pong was yet another pizza."

The Tucker-Comet Pizza connection is from 2007, many many years before anyone had an inkling of what the hell was going on with Pizzagate. Tucker has 4 kids IIRC, outings to the local hipster pizza store aren't grounds for thinking he's into that crap.

The ClA application part I can believe, he is after all from a globalist prep background. But he's no Anderson Cooper, someone who is still connected to the swampy deep state.

It sounds like he's screwing up with Sidney, but I would chalk it off to bad judgment and ego issues on his part as opposed to outright sabotage.

fokm

Robin
Gold Member
It seems like a lot of jealous people in the industry , mainstream or independent , WANT to see Tucker fall.
Tucker took a moral high ground approach for the past 4 years. He talks a lot about not being partisan and regularly held GOP feet to the fire when they were not America First; something that others on Fox News would not do.

He has, since the election, not really covered the claims of election fraud and not spoken out about the recklessness of his employer. For someone who has said repeatedly that x, y, and z "are not good for the country," it shows him to be a hypocritical member of the media establishment.

I don't understand the blind loyalty to someone who has betrayed their own principals. So for that, yes, I want to see him fail. I can tolerate a mistake here or there, but in the weeks since the Nov 3 there has been no sign of course correction.

jarlo

Woodpecker

Tucker Carlson Highlights New ‘Left-Wing Extremist’ District Attorney Propelled To Power By Soros

“Soros has funded the campaigns of leftwing extremists in District Attorney races all over the country, in cities like Philadelphia, St. Louis, Chicago, and Boston,” Carlson continued. “Traditionally a prosecutor’s job is to enforce the law, but Soros wanted rigid ideologues who would refuse to do that, and instead let murderers and rapists go free, while allowing society itself to degrade and collapse. In Los Angeles, Soros won his biggest victory so far. In the most recent election, Soros backed a candidate for district attorney called George Gascon. Soros sent more than $2 million on Gascon’s campaign. The 90-year-old Hungarian was Gascon’s biggest single donor, by far. In the end Gascon won. What happened next was the entire point of the exercise.”

“Gascon stopped enforcing the law in Los Angeles,” Carlson added. “Yesterday, we learned that he’s moving to dismiss all sentencing enhancements against an alleged double-murderer, a man who is accused of murdering a Los Angeles Sheriff’s deputy called Gilbert Solano, shooting him in the back of his head last year. That would make, if this change goes through, that man, the man suspected of a double murder, including of a police officer, eligible for parole. And that’s the point of it. Now the details in the story are important, so we’re going to begin tonight with the man who broke the story. From Los Angeles, Fox’s Bill Melugin joins us now.”

SoftFor

Pigeon
Just a few weeks ago I went to the MAGA Stop The Steal March with Roosh in DC.

People were literally chanting "Tucker 2024."

It cannot be overstated how Tucker conquered cable news and the GOP this year.

And it cannot be overstated how quickly his support has vanished.

Tucker did not stand up for his head writer earlier this year. He let the left have a scalp. He addressed it on his show very quickly. We should have known then.

It's so disappointing.

Never forget.
They were right about everything but optics though.

fokm

Robin
Gold Member
Not sure I understand what you're referring to, @SoftFor.

In any case, I've been watching Tucker here and there just to monitor things. Last night, he addressed Soros funding the DA of Los Angeles (former DA of San Francisco) and how this DA just wants to ensure that crime is not prosecuted.

This is an important story.

He did a segment on Jill Biden's insistence she be called 'Dr.'. Ok, that's contemporary news. Other outlets are discussing it.

What Tucker refused to cover was the Michigan and Georgia ballots being 'adjudicated', meaning that poll workers could just assign votes based on their interpretation of 'voter intent,' how the Michigan court concluded that these machines were designed for voter fraud, how the SolarWinds hack might have stolen votes from Trump.

For the past four years Tucker has said things like, "The next president will be the one who addresses what the average American wants." The day after the election he had a GOP observer on from Philadelphia who was a young kid who was obviously traumatized by seeing votes being fragrantly stolen and the process be broken, and this kid said, "We're not going to allow them to do this to us, Tucker, are we?" And Tucker replied that he was going to hold their feet to the fire.

HAHAHAHAHA.

He deserves every rating point he loses. He's as much a fraud and phony as Maddow.

jarlo

Woodpecker
If the conditions you place on people to continue supporting them is that they have to agree with absolutely everything you believe - to a T - then you will quickly find yourself on an island.

The main objection people seem to have now developed to Tucker is that he didn't go in hard enough in his coverage of voter fraud. First, he may have an honest disagreement with you on the degree to which the evidence is credible. Second, even if he agreed with you on the credibility of the claims, he may have many external pressures which prevent him from simultaneously doing his job and covering voter fraud.

You could argue that he should just get off Fox and start his own news service, or join Newsmax, where he could say things unfiltered. It is completely naive to think that he's not aware of those options. However, there is a tradeoff between getting important messages off to many people and saying what you believe internally to be the truth on every single topic. Small fries like us don't have to consider this tradeoff, because we don't face many external pressures. People like Tucker are under immense pressure.

Bishops of the Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodoxy also have to make prudential tradeoffs between saying the absolute truth on every topic, and playing politics within a larger game so that they can continue to protect and serve their diocese. Just because a bishop doesn't call out every single leftist lunacy doesn't mean that they are not on your side. Now - some of them may in fact personally have immoral beliefs. That certainly seems to be the case in much of the American Roman Catholic hierarchy. However, in the same vein that we would interpret Scripture in context and not as isolated sentences, you have to give people the benefit of the doubt by thinking about the context in which they're making a decision to speak/not speak on a subject.

Just prior to the Russian Revolution, the Russian Orthodox Church - knowing that they were about to become compromised - gave autocephaly to the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia. And that's exactly what happened - under communist rule, the Russian Orthodox Church did to some extent become compromised, and under communist rule they had to and continue to have to make many prudential choices in their public statements which do not always line up with my private beliefs. However, the fact that their public statements may not have been exactly in line with what I believe is not a reason to throw away all of Eastern Orthodoxy.

I view Tucker Carlson as one of our "political bishops". In fact, he's one of the best we have, and he's playing a bigger game than any of us can comprehend. I think it is completely irresponsible to throw away his long history of telling the truth, because he didn't say what you wanted about election fraud. We still need him, he is on our side, and it is our responsibility to support him.

fokm

Robin
Gold Member
Hey @jarlo, you make some good points. Living in a black-and-white, all-or-nothing reality is certainly not feasible and won't make you friends. We agree there.

I was late to the Can't Cuck The Tuck party. I started watching him nightly in mid 2019. When COVID hit his coverage was outstanding. He still is covering topics (Soros funding DAs) that other shows won't even touch.

To characterize my argument as saying that he doesn't agree with me, let's reject him, is a misreading of what I'm saying. You look at someone's actions to understand where they stand.

I noticed a couple of slips throughout my time watching him and I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I already mentioned his head writer being fired for online posts that literally no one saw. He could have fought for his head writer and did not. So if you work for Tucker and the left finds a controversial RooshVForum post from 2018, Tucker will not have your back. That does speak to his character, as he had the top-rated cable tv news show in *history* at that point, and his head writer helped him attain that. Tucker could have stood up for the guy, and that would be that. Tucker would have won that fight handily.

There was another tell that was a larger. When Project Veritas unleashed the leak of Amy Robach's hot mic complaining about how she had the Epstein story and the story was axed, the first day of the story, Tucker said that Robach came off looking great.

I thought that was an odd thing for him to say -- she knew of a sex trafficker with a direct relationship to the Clintons and did not make a fuss of it. She did not take her story public. More teens were presumably sexually abused as a direct result of Robach not going public.

The next night Tucker had a guest on and they were talking about the Amy Robach leak. Tucker again said that Robach came across as looking really good and his guest said: "Um, actually, she could have stopped Epstein's crimes sooner." (I'm paraphrasing). Tucker said that was a good point.

Tucker's world is not ours. He grew up ultra rich and lives around the elites. He's been useful over the past 4 years, but this is the biggest story around. He covered election fraud in Nicaragua 30 years ago, but has not covered election fraud *court findings* in the US on his own show while he's the highest rated. He, unlike many others, doesn't need Fox's money, and can control content more than any other person on the channel.

Does he need to report every conspiracy theory about the election? No. But to not report what officials are saying on the record is a betrayal to his audience. Coverage of GOP electors being denied entry in Michigan? 0. Coverage of 94% of votes in a GA county being adjudicated? 0.

Tucker works for a network that betrayed its viewership and has betrayed his viewers nightly since Nov 5 or so and he has uttered only a sentence or two about how others on the network have been hypocritical. His loyalty lies not with his audience, but with his management.

Tucker attacked Sidney Powell nearly right away. He may have been correct in doing so, but he has not disputed that he was extremely rude to her at some point in trying to get her to come on the show, and he mischaracterized any offer she did make (she offered to come on his show with a statistician to explain some things, yet he reported she would not come on his show with proof that a vote was changed--notice how specific his wording is.).

Tucker got his audience because he appealed to a higher standard of truth. His audience has *every right* to hold him to those standards. Support is earned, continually, and no one should have the expectation that they can change their behavior/messaging and keep their audience.

I'm no fan of Hannity, but Hannity has been amazing compared to Tucker in covering the fraud, literally the biggest story right now.

Tucker's a phony who has completely blown his credibility in the eyes of many, and you owe him nothing.

jarlo

Woodpecker
Hey @jarlo, you make some good points. Living in a black-and-white, all-or-nothing reality is certainly not feasible and won't make you friends. We agree there.

I was late to the Can't Cuck The Tuck party. I started watching him nightly in mid 2019. When COVID hit his coverage was outstanding. He still is covering topics (Soros funding DAs) that other shows won't even touch.

To characterize my argument as saying that he doesn't agree with me, let's reject him, is a misreading of what I'm saying. You look at someone's actions to understand where they stand.

I noticed a couple of slips throughout my time watching him and I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I already mentioned his head writer being fired for online posts that literally no one saw. He could have fought for his head writer and did not. So if you work for Tucker and the left finds a controversial RooshVForum post from 2018, Tucker will not have your back. That does speak to his character, as he had the top-rated cable tv news show in *history* at that point, and his head writer helped him attain that. Tucker could have stood up for the guy, and that would be that. Tucker would have won that fight handily.

There was another tell that was a larger. When Project Veritas unleashed the leak of Amy Robach's hot mic complaining about how she had the Epstein story and the story was axed, the first day of the story, Tucker said that Robach came off looking great.

I thought that was an odd thing for him to say -- she knew of a sex trafficker with a direct relationship to the Clintons and did not make a fuss of it. She did not take her story public. More teens were presumably sexually abused as a direct result of Robach not going public.

The next night Tucker had a guest on and they were talking about the Amy Robach leak. Tucker again said that Robach came across as looking really good and his guest said: "Um, actually, she could have stopped Epstein's crimes sooner." (I'm paraphrasing). Tucker said that was a good point.

Tucker's world is not ours. He grew up ultra rich and lives around the elites. He's been useful over the past 4 years, but this is the biggest story around. He covered election fraud in Nicaragua 30 years ago, but has not covered election fraud *court findings* in the US on his own show while he's the highest rated. He, unlike many others, doesn't need Fox's money, and can control content more than any other person on the channel.

Does he need to report every conspiracy theory about the election? No. But to not report what officials are saying on the record is a betrayal to his audience. Coverage of GOP electors being denied entry in Michigan? 0. Coverage of 94% of votes in a GA county being adjudicated? 0.

Tucker works for a network that betrayed its viewership and has betrayed his viewers nightly since Nov 5 or so and he has uttered only a sentence or two about how others on the network have been hypocritical. His loyalty lies not with his audience, but with his management.

Tucker attacked Sidney Powell nearly right away. He may have been correct in doing so, but he has not disputed that he was extremely rude to her at some point in trying to get her to come on the show, and he mischaracterized any offer she did make (she offered to come on his show with a statistician to explain some things, yet he reported she would not come on his show with proof that a vote was changed--notice how specific his wording is.).

Tucker got his audience because he appealed to a higher standard of truth. His audience has *every right* to hold him to those standards. Support is earned, continually, and no one should have the expectation that they can change their behavior/messaging and keep their audience.

I'm no fan of Hannity, but Hannity has been amazing compared to Tucker in covering the fraud, literally the biggest story right now.

Tucker's a phony who has completely blown his credibility in the eyes of many, and you owe him nothing.
Thanks for the reply - I have a clearer understanding of where you're coming from. I still disagree on the degree to which Tucker has blown his credibility - if at all - but to be honest I've largely tuned out of the news cycle since the election, so I may not have as precise a view as you do on the differences between the truth and Tucker's coverage over the last month.

Peacock
Gold Member

lulz, Hannity has made his bread and butter shilling for neocons for the last 20 years. Arguably the biggest Catholic sellout in the MSM.

fokm

Robin
Gold Member
lulz, Hannity has made his bread and butter shilling for neocons for the last 20 years. Arguably the biggest Catholic sellout in the MSM.
And *that guy* has had better coverage of the election fraud than Tucker.

It shouldn't even be a contest.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Give Tucker an arrest to work with and lets see what he does. Right now he'd be branded as further out fringe news source like the rest of them

fokm

Robin
Gold Member
Give Tucker an arrest to work with and lets see what he does. Right now he'd be branded as further out fringe news source like the rest of them
I wasn't aware that Tucker cared what the libs that aren't protesting in front of his house thought of him.

If you go through previous posts on this thread and even my Twitter you'll find tons of support of Tucker. He has a great way of tackling complex subjects like election fraud and breaking them down in ways such that they are easily digested by the population, with viral videos spreading to even non-Fox News viewers. I carried water for the guy. He's let me down on a level I can't begin to explain (hence my posts here).

The fact is that Fox News could use a few viral videos right now from Tucker. It'd help them regain some face. Good PR. But the only one I can think of since the election was last night's video about Soros. There used to be a viral Tucker vid once every couple of weeks.

Last year he followed up with Lindsey Graham's office regarding Graham's promise to take action on how Kavanaugh was treated. Graham did nothing in the year since. Tucker's reporting was that when they contacted Graham's office about keeping his promise, that his staff was like, "You expected us to do that?"

Tucker promised that kid from Pennsylvania that he would "hold their feet to the fire."

I'm just holding Tucker to the same standards he wants others to be held to. His word.

Peacock
Gold Member
And *that guy* has had better coverage of the election fraud than Tucker.

It shouldn't even be a contest.

Hannity is a full member of the MSM swamp, he's been on board right from the start, with decades of shilling for neocons, so he can take a few deep cuts against the main Fox narrative, but Tucker however is on a tighter leash, his relationship with his employer is partially adversarial.

Those are the dynamics of controlled opposition, they can veer off the main program from time to time in order to retain some cred with the target audience.

fokm

Robin
Gold Member
Found this article today:
Tucker Carlson is down to 12th place. Not a slight about Tucker; it's his Fake News network that's dragging him down.

He's below Rachel Maddow.

And Erin Burnett.

And Fredo Cuomo.

And Wolf Blitzer.

And CNN Tonight.

And CNN Newsroom.
It sure didn't take long for the mighty to fall.

Perhaps if he had kept his promise of holding their feet to the fire, Tucker might not have lost his viewership. Sad!

Salinger

Kingfisher
Has Tucker even mentioned Ivermectin yet? I've yet to hear him remark about the discovery of how effective it is for treatment of Covid, even though doctors around the world are raving about it.