The TV Series Thread

zamfir112

Woodpecker
Strike Back season 1 to 5.
Richard armitage is great in season 1
Phillip winchester and sullivan stapelton greatbass alphas in season 2 to 5

Highly recommended action /spy show without SJW crap.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
zamfir112 said:

Love this show (if you're in the US be aware that you'll see UK seasons 2-5 branded as 1-4 and the original season was later released as "Strike Back Origins").

Unfortuately the two most recent seasons with a new cast got SJWified. Still entertaining but they added a Mary Sue character and go out of their way to emasculated the two male leads in almost every episode. Sure enough they brought in a tranny writer for those seasons.

Oh - seems like the feminist writing team adhered with their scrotum-armor with penishead-helmets for the evil patriarchy!

Though at least the producers were not autistic retards like at Game of Thrones who adhered to real-life battle making it either necessary to cost millions or have none at all, because wide views of CGI soldiers (which look identical to wide views of real battles) was beneath those sheisters.

I still expect Geralt to be switched out sometime during the series or even first season - for the stronk independent wahmen character that everyone wants.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Dr Mantis Toboggan said:
zamfir112 said:

Love this show (if you're in the US be aware that you'll see UK seasons 2-5 branded as 1-4 and the original season was later released as "Strike Back Origins").

Unfortuately the two most recent seasons with a new cast got SJWified. Still entertaining but they added a Mary Sue character and go out of their way to emasculated the two male leads in almost every episode. Sure enough they brought in a tranny writer for those seasons.
Surely you jest. Season one of "Strike Back" was outstanding and then they absolutely destroyed that show with SJW garbage. I previously wrote about the show here -- and I highly praised its first season:

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-56379-post-1823005.html?highlight=strike#pid1823005

I stopped watching after season two -- and that was probably one season too long. A real shame, because season one was awesome. I never saw another TV show tank so quickly from unrelenting SJW feminist homo-faggotry.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Tail Gunner said:
Dr Mantis Toboggan said:
zamfir112 said:

Surely you jest. Season one of "Strike Back" was outstanding and then they absolutely destroyed that show with SJW garbage. I previously wrote about the show here -- and I highly praised its first season:

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-56379-post-1823005.html?highlight=strike#pid1823005

I stopped watching after season two -- and that was probably one season too long. A real shame, because season one was awesome. I never saw another TV show tank so quickly from unrelenting SJW feminist homo-faggotry.
Maybe I need to re-watch it but I don't remember too much SJW stuff in seasons 2-5. Yes there were strong female characters but they got ahead by out thinking and out shooting the bad guys, not single handedly clearing out a room of Spetsnaz troops while unarmed like the Australian Mary Sue lesbian they introduced in the most recent 2 seasons. Scott and Stonebridge are also legit badasses and both allowed by the writers to be alpha males in their own way whereas the 2 male leads in the current cast both come off as whiny at times and are emasculated by the female characters virtually every episode.

You're right that Origins/UK season 1 was outstanding, almost a completely different show in tone from the subsequent seasons though (much darker and more thoughtful while 2-7 are basically mindless action entertainment).

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Dr Mantis Toboggan said:
Yes there were strong female characters but they got ahead by out thinking and out shooting the bad guys
So, how many women do you know in real life who can out-think, out-fight, and out-shoot a man? How many women do you know in the special forces?

It was a big deal when the first woman made it through the first-round of the initial Special Forces Assessment and Selection process for the Green Berets, which "consists of four phases and lasts about a year." And that is not even comparable to a Delta Force or Navy Seal type unit.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...t-through-the-armys-special-forces-selection/

I could accept a woman in command as a colonel (season one) or even as spies (the CIA operative), but multiple women as door-kicking special force operatives? It was like watching something from a fantasy world. Completely unacceptable.

Tail Gunner said:
Dr Mantis Toboggan said:
Yes there were strong female characters but they got ahead by out thinking and out shooting the bad guys
So, how many women do you know in real life who can out-think, out-fight, and out-shoot a man? How many women do you know in the special forces?

It was a big deal when the first woman made it through the first-round of the initial Special Forces Assessment and Selection process for the Green Berets, which "consists of four phases and lasts about a year." And that is not even comparable to a Delta Force or Navy Seal type unit.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...t-through-the-armys-special-forces-selection/

I could accept a woman in command as a colonel (season one) or even as spies (the CIA operative), but multiple women as door-kicking special force operatives? It was like watching something from a fantasy world. Completely unacceptable.
I disagree - we have footage from thousands of years ago of female super-warriorrettes whose brave actions have been wiped out by the patriarchal historians:

That combat skill coordination is impressive - she can kill men while carrying a 20 pounds sword like a flower.

Obviously if the evil men did not hold them back, then 99% of Navy Seals would be women.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Obviously the vast majority of women can't out think (in that context) men but it's a lot less unrealistic than a 5'2 woman taking down a room full of men in hand to hand combat. Out shoot is something else altogether--most shooting instructors will tell you that women are actually easier to teach than men--but of course the hard part isn't taking the shot, it's getting into position to take the shot.

IIRC the plot line with the women characters in those seasons was that they took more active roles in the team out of necessity. One of them was a support member of the team who got pressed into taking on a limited shooter role and the other was an American DEA undercover agent who got caught up in their mission (and then for reasons unexplained sticking with the team afterwards). I don't remember thinking it was any worse than, say, Ripley in the original Alien. And the two men were always clearly the primary shooters.

Again, talking about the 4 seasons with Scott and Stonebridge, the 2 most recent are over the top SJW.

Dr Mantis Toboggan said:
Obviously the vast majority of women can't out think (in that context) men but it's a lot less unrealistic than a 5'2 woman taking down a room full of men in hand to hand combat. Out shoot is something else altogether--most shooting instructors will tell you that women are actually easier to teach than men--but of course the hard part isn't taking the shot, it's getting into position to take the shot.

IIRC the plot line with the women characters in those seasons was that they took more active roles in the team out of necessity. One of them was a support member of the team who got pressed into taking on a limited shooter role and the other was an American DEA undercover agent who got caught up in their mission (and then for reasons unexplained sticking with the team afterwards). I don't remember thinking it was any worse than, say, Ripley in the original Alien. And the two men were always clearly the primary shooters.

Again, talking about the 4 seasons with Scott and Stonebridge, the 2 most recent are over the top SJW.
Don't fall for that bit about women being better shots or easier to teach. I find those antidotes misleading and half the time an instructor is just being over zealous because they're white knighting. And that certainly doesn't justify women being extreme unstoppable warriors as feminist insist they be portrayed. Truth is a good shot is one thing, but, be a good shot after you just hiked 10 miles on top of the 10 you did yesterday. You're on one meal a day, cold, you've been in the field for a week and have been operating on limited sleep. This is where the disparities between men and women are pronounced and undeniable. I know, I saw it in the Marines. Women are not cut out for this. Combat is absolutely NOT a firing range or a self defense course. It could be cold or wet and its most certainly exhausting.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Agree 100%, that's what I meant at the end of the first paragraph of the post you quoted--I guess a better way to put it is that those seasons of the show aren't realistic, but they aren't over the top SJW like the 2 most recent seasons are (one of which also features an eeeeevil "white supremacist militia" somewhere in eastern Europe as antagonists who for some reason ally with Islamic fundamentalists).

Completely agree that women don't belong in combat arms, but the seasons I was talking about aren't anywhere close to the worst offenders in that regard.

Dr Mantis Toboggan said:
Agree 100%, that's what I meant at the end of the first paragraph of the post you quoted--I guess a better way to put it is that those seasons of the show aren't realistic, but they aren't over the top SJW like the 2 most recent seasons are (one of which also features an eeeeevil "white supremacist militia" somewhere in eastern Europe as antagonists who for some reason ally with Islamic fundamentalists).

Completely agree that women don't belong in combat arms, but the seasons I was talking about aren't anywhere close to the worst offenders in that regard.
EE White Supremacists would rather unite with White progressives - even Antifa - rather than Muslim Jihadis. But I guess it's projection because the left happily unites with ISIS if their goals are met.

Though it's part and parcel - according to rumors Hollywood for now can only easily malign Russians, Eastern Europeans, poor Whites - here making them racists or Muslims. Though Muslims would have to be added with a few caveats as Jihad obviously is misunderstood Islam.

The current Wokemen series does exactly like that - the evil people are poor Whites - everyone else is perfect.

zamfir112

Woodpecker
Strike back season 6 is absolute trash.
Season 1 was the best followed by season 4 and 5 imo
Leo Kamali season was really good. I like the season 5 settings in Bangkok

https://archive.md/56T83

THE Game of Thrones prequel starring Naomi Watts was axed after HBO decided the £30million pilot was “too woke”.

It was to feature the first White Walker as black, put lesbian characters at the heart of the plot and make one of Ned Stark’s ancestors mixed race. The series, in which the main theme was to be colonialism, was being run by writer and producer Jane Goldman — married to TV and radio presenter Jonathan Ross. But after three years of work, the show — which had the working title Bloodmoon — was suddenly shelved for good this week. HBO instead announced a different prequel called House of the Dragon, said to be more similar to the original series. The ten-parter will be based on George R.R. Martin’s book Fire & Blood. A source said: “HBO were terrified the first prequel would scare hardcore fans. It was very different to the original series, but was very brave and bold.
“Plainly it was too ambitious for bosses who thought it might alienate viewers. The talk is that the new script is very average but deemed a safe option.
Frankly, the source doesn't make it too believable. Might sound too far-fetched - but it's possible it's a psyop to make people believe that someone actually gives a fuck about their "favorite franchise" and won't outright ruin it, only to gradually poison it with progressivism instead, normalizing the whole procedure and getting the audience used to it. It's like a communist government announcing a 50% increase of food prices the following month: people get pissed off, but when the prices eventually go up only 25%, they sigh with relief, thinking just how bad it could be. And then happily proceed to gobble it up.

Rotten

Robin
Season 2 of Jack Ryan on Amazon is trash. Season One was solid.

It wasn't trash for SJW reasons. The SJW influence on the show was pretty mild. It was trash because character motivations didn't make sense and there were a ton of lucky coincidences involved in wrapping things up.

Spoilers:

The villain president's evil scheme is to approve the mining of rare earth minerals in his own country, which he will then sell to the USA, undercutting China's monopoly. But the CIA waltzes in and shit talks him to his face and tries to gum up everything with black OPs kill teams before he's done anything wrong and before the CIA knows what's going on. Why are we rooting for the CIA and why do we care that this scheme is thwarted?

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
The new show Evil had a whole storyline about an incel who's guided by a psychologist/demon to get revenge on a girl who rejected him and link up with fellow incels on a 4chan-type site where they promptly plan violence against women.

It's portrayed in such a laughably unrealistic way. The kid asks out a girl at a coffee shop who politely rejects him so he takes a dump in a box and gives it to her as revenge. It's promoting the rape-culture lie that women have to carefully watch everything they say to men to avoid violence.

Belgrano

Ostrich
Gold Member
Captainstabbin said:
The new show Evil had a whole storyline about an incel who's guided by a psychologist/demon to get revenge on a girl who rejected him and link up with fellow incels on a 4chan-type site where they promptly plan violence against women.
Is the demon's name "FBI"?

Hypno

Hummingbird
Agree with you on season two of Jack Ryan about there being a lot of dumb coincidences. For example, the prison camp where they keep the political prisoners happens to be the same camp where they are mining for rare earth; pretty dumb. Also, the guy who gets lost heads towards the prison camp rather than waiting by the river to be rescued. Just lots and lots of dumb coincidences, the acting was a little bit better this timeBut the writing really took a few steps back

Speculation

Kingfisher
Captainstabbin said:

It's portrayed in such a laughably unrealistic way. The kid asks out a girl at a coffee shop who politely rejects him so he takes a dump in a box and gives it to her as revenge. It's promoting the rape-culture lie that women have to carefully watch everything they say to men to avoid violence.
I didn't manage to make it past episode 2. The first episode had the black church investigator confront a white hospital manager over doctors letting black people die early due to "racism". Apparently they stopped CPR in half the time they did for whites or some such nonsense.

This show is heavily tainted by Social Justice.

Reaper

Sparrow
See.

Incredible production design, costumes, and photography!

All the rest is SJW infested feminist cancer, which boils down to "Black - good; white - evil."
Every single white man is a villain. Every single black character is strong, smart, charismatic, kind, etc. Even the world's savior is a black man. All women are strong, savvy, independent etc.

And Jason Momoa's character is a literal cuck.

Definitive list of shows that I would recommend (there were so many from the 50s through the 70s that retained the values of heritage America and a healthy society, but I'll put my favorites here for reference)

The Twilight Zone (1959-1964) probably my favorite of all time, no blue pills here, so classy, and many episodes serve as warnings of uncertain futures.
Hogan's Heroes (1965-1971) It's ok to be German.
Kojak (1973-1978) Telly Savalas was a real man
The Rockford Files (1974 - 1980)
Magnum P.I. (1980-1988) The stash may never come back as alpha as it was here.
Miami Vice (1984-1990) Something like this could only have existed in the 80s
MacGyver - (1985 - 1992) who would have thought a white man could be so ingenious?
Edge of Darkness TV miniseries - 1985 - I believe this serial contains a young Leonard D Neubache
Cops 1989 - present (only TV that the MSM can't censor the truth about race realism).
Deadwood (2004-2006) - lots of realism, bleak outlooks, maybe not morally a great show but it really captured frontier life well and I found its dark humor to be witty.
Rome (2005-2007) - don't be surprised by the amount of sex and violence in this, they were pagans after all. Great writing and a faithful depiction of history with few liberties taken.
The Sopranos (1999-2007) - some beta psychological warfare at work showing a mob boss going to (((counseling))) but lots of other red pills slipped through the cracks in this show.
Breaking Bad (2008-2013) - had some blue pill shit with the wife character but other than that was pretty red pill, I especially liked that part where Walt tried to seduce his principal in the first season.
John Adams (2008) - a great retelling of the founding of the United States, even if they were all just a bunch of secret mason thugs waiting to get us 250 years later.

Absolutely nothing in the last ten years, except for a guilty pleasure of the recent "The Boys" which though it had some doses of PC poison I will say it would equally if not exponentially trigger precious snowflakes with much of its more debased imagery. Also I thought Ash vs. Evil Dead was fun (it only had some wokeness in it with Bruce having the female sidekicks but not enough to ruin it entirely).

If you like rom-coms, forget it, they're loaded with PC garbage, barring Married with Children - great lessons on the sham of modern-marriage and plenty of burns on fat chicks, and Home Improvement (I actually learned useful stuff on this show from my favorite ex-con Tim Allen).

The best things to watch I think are the uncensored nature shows, usually from before the "Planet Earth" era, they weren't so preachy about evolution and muh environment then. Know what the best thing is about this list and whatever list you may have? You can own them all on dvd and not ever pay for (((cable))) ever again for the rest of your life. I say the best way to do it is to build your own library of what you want to share with your children and loved ones and leave it at that. Don't feed the beast anything.