The TV Series Thread

Benoit

Pelican
Gold Member
Dispatches from Elsewhere. Looked really interesting, weird tale about how modern city life is so fragmented... Got halfway through the pilot episode, was quite enjoying it.

Main female (potential love interest?) is introduced. Suspiciously deep voice. Google = Confirmed trans.

Stopped. Deleted. Never going back to it.

joost

Kingfisher
I decided to check out SEE (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7949218/) from Apple TV.
Far in a dystopian future, the human race has lost the sense of sight, and society has had to find new ways to interact, build, hunt, and to survive. All of that is challenged when a set of twins is born with sight.
It is quite entertaining and way better than expected. You can watch the first episode for free (on Apple TV app). If you want to see the full season (8 episodes) for free you can go to tuga.tv (you can disable subtitles).

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
I've just watched Jack Ryan Season 2 and don't understand what's considered SJW about it. The bad guy was just an ordinary dictator with ordinary evil attributes and statements, not a Nazi of any sort, and the good guy (girl) was just an ordinary opposition politician fighting against corruption, not for tranny rights.

The worst that I can say about it is that it was annoying how apparently there wasn't even a single MANPAD in all of Venezuela.

BBC 'reverses apartheid' for new Noughts + Crosses drama depicting forbidden love in a police state where black elites rule white underclass with an iron fist

The BBC drama series will depict a 'reverse apartheid' society where dark-skinned people run a culture that oppresses light-skinned people.

The series is an adaptation of Malorie Blackman's 2001 book Noughts + Crosses - a drama set in an alternate world where Britain, known as Albion, which has been ruled by the 'Aprican Empire' for 700 years.

It focuses on the forbidden romance between star-crossed lovers Sephy - the daughter of Albion's racist home secretary - and Callum McGregorm, a white teenager who is the son of their family maid.

There are two races in Albion: the crosses, darker-skinned with money, power, jobs and education - and the noughts, lighter-skinned, poorer and usually working as labourers and servants.

Based on the novel series Noughts & Crosses. Author Malorie Blackman.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ees-black-actors-playing-political-elite.html

Gusamaso

Sparrow
BlastbeatCasanova said:
Did anyone here ever check out Amazon’s “The Boys?”

tcrNsIaQkb4

A gritty take on superheroes where the super humans are corrupt and cause a lot of collateral damage with their “heroic” antics. Looks pretty cool from the trailer, got good reviews from audiences but figured I’d throw it out here if anyone has any opinion on it
it's great. I practically binge watched it.

Aurini

Ostrich
wannable alpha said:
BBC 'reverses apartheid' for new Noughts + Crosses drama depicting forbidden love in a police state where black elites rule white underclass with an iron fist

The BBC drama series will depict a 'reverse apartheid' society where dark-skinned people run a culture that oppresses light-skinned people.

The series is an adaptation of Malorie Blackman's 2001 book Noughts + Crosses - a drama set in an alternate world where Britain, known as Albion, which has been ruled by the 'Aprican Empire' for 700 years.

It focuses on the forbidden romance between star-crossed lovers Sephy - the daughter of Albion's racist home secretary - and Callum McGregorm, a white teenager who is the son of their family maid.

There are two races in Albion: the crosses, darker-skinned with money, power, jobs and education - and the noughts, lighter-skinned, poorer and usually working as labourers and servants.

The comments are gold.

< The comments are really good and the negative downvote ratio is also solid.

At this point why don't Netflix and the BBC and all the other leftist media outlets simply make a film or series called " we hate white people". It would be so much more honest
Bringing you from the "We hate White people series" our new edition called .... actually the We Hate White People series is pretty much anything on Netflix and especially BBC.

There are exceptions where the writer had enough sway like Vince Gilligan from Breaking Bad so his Better Call Saul series has no agenda in it, but many many series at least have to put a little medium dildo in or they won't be made (The Witcher).

This series here has the dildo to the max.

Show a TV series about black supremacy that uses White WEstern culture and technology as a backdrop, also White lands. They will likely explain it away that Africa in their period has developed much further and England is just conquered land. Yeah, then Africa in that world would be even more developed than this London.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Simeon_Strangelight said:
(The Witcher).
I enjoyed the first episode of "The Witcher," because you could see so many story lines (and different directions) that could have been really good. The second episode was substantially worse. By the third episode, it was unwatchable. At that point, I gave up.

Rake. A show about a divorced Australian criminal defense attorney with a habit for booze and womanizing.

The irreverent Australian humor had me laughing in a way that most other shows can't do.

Binge-watched 5 seasons.

You could say it is pretty red-pilled as well.

Mixed feelings about the second season of Altered Carbon. Overall I think the story, world-building, and dialogue are excellent. I like the anti-transhumanist message, similar to how From Software games always preach against those who are corrupted by their desire to never die. At the same time, Season 2 seemed to go out of its way making 99% of the protagonists non-white and all of the major villains white. They didn’t draw attention to it on the show but once you get how this stuff works it’s very hard not to notice. I don’t care at all about Takeshi using a black sleeve or Quellcrist being black, but it seemed a little deliberate by the end of the season. Like when Blade came out nobody cared the protagonist was black and the villain was white - every kid I knew loved the movie regardless. But when it’s groups of protagonists and antagonists lining up largely along racial lines, it becomes noticeable and that lessens my enjoyment.

Simeon_Strangelight said:
< The comments are really good and the negative downvote ratio is also solid.

At this point why don't Netflix and the BBC and all the other leftist media outlets simply make a film or series called " we hate white people". It would be so much more honest
Bringing you from the "We hate White people series" our new edition called .... actually the We Hate White People series is pretty much anything on Netflix and especially BBC.

There are exceptions where the writer had enough sway like Vince Gilligan from Breaking Bad so his Better Call Saul series has no agenda in it, but many many series at least have to put a little medium dildo in or they won't be made (The Witcher).

This series here has the dildo to the max.

Show a TV series about black supremacy that uses White WEstern culture and technology as a backdrop, also White lands. They will likely explain it away that Africa in their period has developed much further and England is just conquered land. Yeah, then Africa in that world would be even more developed than this London.
There are so many ways that this series plot doesn't make sense but let's just go with the basic ones. Why do the black and white characters have European names. All of them should have African names since England has been colonized by them for 800 years. Also, no Christianity but African tribal religions and African languages. That's how it would have been in the real world. The oppressed or ruled over majority takes on the culture of the rulers.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
wannable alpha said:
There are so many ways that this series plot doesn't make sense but let's just go with the basic ones. Why do the black and white characters have European names. All of them should have African names since England has been colonized by them for 800 years. Also, no Christianity but African tribal religions and African languages. That's how it would have been in the real world. The oppressed or ruled over majority takes on the culture of the rulers.
Because it is known that the unquestioning viewers are just as dumb as the woke writers.

MichaelWitcoff said:
Mixed feelings about the second season of Altered Carbon. Overall I think the story, world-building, and dialogue are excellent. I like the anti-transhumanist message, similar to how From Software games always preach against those who are corrupted by their desire to never die. At the same time, Season 2 seemed to go out of its way making 99% of the protagonists non-white and all of the major villains white. They didn’t draw attention to it on the show but once you get how this stuff works it’s very hard not to notice. I don’t care at all about Takeshi using a black sleeve or Quellcrist being black, but it seemed a little deliberate by the end of the season. Like when Blade came out nobody cared the protagonist was black and the villain was white - every kid I knew loved the movie regardless. But when it’s groups of protagonists and antagonists lining up largely along racial lines, it becomes noticeable and that lessens my enjoyment.
Once seen cannot be unseen since the woke agenda goes along certain lines and they repeat their tropes again and again.

Blade and Captain Sisko from Star Trek were popular characters in the 1990s beloved by all races and fans.

The reason why they are not praised by the SJWs is because they did not make the blackedly-black social justice as their cause - they were just good characters which happened to be black.

The actor who played Sisko says so himself:
He played the captain in a world that was beyond racism already, so bringing it up would be ridiculous.

The same went for Blade where there were evil black vampires even if most were White, but it did not matter.

Now they are changing everything and you see the recurring tropes:

+ most evil guys are White (more exceptions there)
+ white men are incompetent
+ all women are Mary Sue bad-ass super-heroines
+ race and gender swapping characters for no reason but agenda if the characters are pre-established

Generally TV series when good follow a simple path - the first season if good, turns up the SJW meter fast (Westworld) or slower, but each subsequent season becomes more crap. They do this likely because if everything was agenda from the get-go, then the viewership would drop like crazy.

They are already destroyed Game of Thrones, STar Wars, STar Trek, Doctor Who, they will destroy even barely created series.

I recommend Better Call Saul for agenda-free entertainment.

wannable alpha said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ees-black-actors-playing-political-elite.html
Well worth the £157.50 a year compulsory TV license extortion tax.

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher
Gusamaso said:
BlastbeatCasanova said:
Did anyone here ever check out Amazon’s “The Boys?”

tcrNsIaQkb4

A gritty take on superheroes where the super humans are corrupt and cause a lot of collateral damage with their “heroic” antics. Looks pretty cool from the trailer, got good reviews from audiences but figured I’d throw it out here if anyone has any opinion on it
it's great. I practically binge watched it.
I did as well, I thought it was great, and I'm not a big TV guy. I thought it was really well done all across the board. The only poz I really noticed was the episode with the church fest and the heroine kind of renouncing her sheltered upbringing...looked at the credits and it was directed by a (((Schwartz))) so go figure. Rest of the show was excellent and I didn't feel like I was getting agenda points shoved in my face. I'm definitely stoked for season 2 and would recommend this show to friends and folks here. Here's the trailer again since I'm not on mobile:

< I read the comics of The Boys. That is good stuff. The TV series is semi-woke and half-destroyed even if they have good scenes and characters in it. It's at times insufferable in "female empowerment". It doesn't have that in the comics at all. They changed quite a bit and for agenda.

Though if you don't know the comics, then I guess it's akin to the Witcher - if you don't know the games or books, then it's relative ot the SJW-fests out there almost anti-woke. It's not, but whatever....

Deepdiver

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Lately I find myself glued to the SEAL Team series on CBS ... I am also glued to Prodigal Son. I was watching the EVIL series but it was so damned evil I felt like the TV was sucking out my Soul.

I also have a full list of YouTube subscriptions that lean Red Pill like Greg Hunters USAWATCHDOG, Dan Bongino, Steve Bannons Warroom iterations, Hoover Institute and anything to do with UFO files like Dark Journalist.

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
I saw this pop up on the download sites, it's on Hulu. She's dressed like Steve Jobs and put through enough filters to smooth her skin to comedic levels.

A remarkably intimate portrait of a public woman, Hillary interweaves revealing moments from never-before-seen 2016 campaign footage with biographical chapters of her life. Featuring exclusive interviews with Hillary Rodham Clinton herself, Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, friends, and journalists, the series examines how she became at once one of the most admired and vilified women in the world.
The only way I'd watch this is if they showed her reported hours long breakdown after it became obvious Trump won. That's the whole season. Just hour after hour of her crying, screaming, threatening, attacking and trying to calm herself with Xanax and a ritual to her demon master.