On Thursday, the Public Health Agency and the government announced that they will start vaccinating children from 12 years and upwards. At the same time, a third dose is planned for later this year and it is claimed that the unvaccinated will not be able to live as freely as the vaccinated.
The announcement on childhood vaccination was made by Prime Minister Stefan Löfven (S), Minister of Social Affairs Lena Hallengren (S), Minister of Education Anna Ekström (S) and Director-General of the National Board of Health Johan Carlson at a press conference.
- We are doing this for the sake of the children, it reduces the risk of serious illness and thus also the risk of missing a lot of school, says Prime Minister Stefan Löfven.
According to Ekström, the vaccination of children, which is due to start in early November, will help keep schools open. There are also flags that vaccination may be needed at the schools themselves.
- Younger people are also at risk of severe illness and long-term symptoms. In view of this, the Public Health Agency has today decided to further lower the age for vaccination, says Johan Carlson, Director-General of the Public Health Agency.
According to the government, recommendations to keep a distance for those who have not been vaccinated remain in place.
- It is only through vaccination that we can get back to a more normal life. To those who are hesitant or have not yet made up their minds: make an appointment for vaccination today, says Löfven.
In an interview with Dagens Nyheter, Johan Carlson says that it will soon be time for a third dose.
- Many elderly people have poor immunity to begin with, and the vaccine does not provide 100% protection, so it is urgent that a third shot is given before winter, says Johan Carlson.
The possibility of combining this year's seasonal flu shot with the third dose of vaccine is being explored.
Warning for the unvaccinated
According to Carlson, unvaccinated people will not be able to return to a normal life and vaccinated people are encouraged to stay away from them, despite evidence that vaccinated people are just as infectious.
- The risk is that people will mentally relax and think it's over. But it's not, the pandemic is not over. On the other hand, we have vaccinated ourselves to such an extent that we do not need to maintain these restrictions. And above all, we have been clear that it is the vaccinated who can live more as usual in the first place. The unvaccinated will be advised and instructed to live more sparingly. As an unvaccinated person, you should keep your distance and make sure you don't risk infecting the elderly and people at risk. This will place a heavy responsibility on unvaccinated people.
Unvaccinated people should continue to adhere to the restrictions.
- They need to think carefully. They will get the same signal that everyone got before vaccines were available, and that is a pretty tough signal. You can't live as normal in society. You shouldn't socially interact with others in the same way.
Asked by DN how a vaccinated person should behave towards an unvaccinated person, Carlson replies:
- If you are older, you should perhaps not invite home unvaccinated people who you do not know if they expose themselves to infection. But it's not a question of zero or one. We have children who are unvaccinated and there is a certain risk, but the risk for a vaccinated person is still low. The unvaccinated person is more likely to spread the infection to other unvaccinated people.
Slagharposlagaren - 13 minutes ago
Many unvaccinated people have already had the disease, which is why they haven't vaccinated. They already have adequate protection.
It is the vaccinated who will now infect each other.
Tobias Andersson Slagharposlagaren - 12 minutes ago
Yep, me too. Complete insanity to vaccinate if you have had the disease, anyone who thinks you should vaccinate when you have had the disease is mentally weak, or downright stupid in the head!
Desillusionerad2 - 5 minutes ago
I don't get this rush to vaccinate, it's been proven that vaccinated people are just as infectious as unvaccinated people. The only effect the vaccine has is to protect against severe disease if you are in a risk group. Besides, the vaccine doesn't work for longer than 4-6 months. Then you have to take into account that many people are harmed by the vaccine. In the UK, over 30,000 people died within 3 weeks of being vaccinated (public data). Then no one knows the medium or long term side effects of the vaccine. There are strong indications that vaccination drives increased mutations, which is perfectly natural (survival of the fittest). Most of the negative effects of the vaccine are covered up. So why not do the only sensible thing? Vaccinate only at-risk groups. Are all people idiots?
Aston Villa - 13 minutes ago
This is not good. Besides, children don't get sick from Covid 19. Löfven doesn't understand this at all. Carlsson knows the risks but chooses for the sake of money to support Big Pharma and mass vaccination.
Kenneth Mohlin - 18 minutes ago - edited
The next step will be 6 - 12 years.
What I don't understand is that the idiots at SVT don't get it. The same people are on SVT week in and week out. Have they not considered that they themselves are not sick of Covid-19. So why should others be sick of Covid-19???
I have never met anyone who has died at my job (cardiac medicine and IVA) from Covid-19. I have never met anyone where I work out who has died from Covid-19. I have not heard of any friends who have died from Covid-19.
The occasional one has been bad, just like with the flu. Besides, no more people die from Covid-19 than from the flu.
PS Kenneth Mohlin - 15 minutes ago
No I haven't heard of anyone close to me dying from Covid-19 either. I've had it myself and it was like a common cold.
PS PS - 3 minutes ago
I had a fever for two days. Was in bed for three days. Then I had to go to the nearest SuperMarket where they took my temperature against my forehead. I guessed it would give a rash, but they didn't. So I was able to buy my water and food. Thanks to the Spanish government. You made my trip unforgettable. Thank you.
Tobias Andersson Kenneth Mohlin - 16 minutes ago - edited
The difference is well that this virus with -all probability- in military laboratory created virus spreads so much easier than other coronaviruses, but there are those who get severe complications from it, I know one myself. But this is unparalleled hysteria, 99.95% of healthy people under 65 survive.
Media= megaphones of power, completely useless.
Kenneth Mohlin Tobias Andersson - 14 minutes ago - edited
You get fucking bad from the flu too. In Swedistan 30 - 60 die in IVA every month (intensive care registry). Add to that all those who die in nursing homes and other places from the flu.
Banan7 Kenneth Mohlin - 17 minutes ago
Didn't they drive 2 year olds somewhere too? Was it Cuba or something...
Kenneth Mohlin Banan7 - 16 minutes ago - edited
Well, eventually it will be the same here. Originally children couldn't get infected they said.
Tobias Andersson Kenneth Mohlin - 15 minutes ago
But with all the mass vaccination, what happens? Wow, the mutations became more? Surprise like.
Kenneth Mohlin Tobias Andersson - 11 minutes ago
Yes, absolutely. The stoolies didn't get that either. Because the vaccines are so weak, there will be a lot of mutations. Same with bacterial infections with the wrong or too weak antibiotics.
The Nash - 25 minutes ago
Will the government please shut up now. The people have had enough and there is no confidence left.
chainmail - 29 minutes ago
Human rights anyone?
Justice - 7 minutes ago
Saw it on TV today that they all said that ovaxxed are contagious while vaxxed are not.
Too bad the slush media doesn't have two sides to the coin so both sides can be heard.
BoT - 9 minutes ago - edited
Meanwhile, "newly arrived" asylum addicts, welcomed by the government, are pouring in.
Sweden is a failed state.
Chimmy - 19 minutes ago
In the younger age group, boys are six times more likely to be hospitalized due to side effects of the vaccine than due to the virus. Yet children should be forced to take it in schools. Let's hope the decision-makers are held to account when we get the receipt
So the Swedish government has announced they will now be killing the children of their own country.
And all those who are against it will not be able to participate in society.
What else is there to say?