The Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated Divide thread

Parmesan

Woodpecker
I believe YouGov is generally lefty biased, so I wouldn’t read too much into it. Their US election polls were not accurate, and of course always liberal biased. With that said, I do believe Covid/vaccine tyranny will remain permanent in Europe, Canada, and the Anglos world, as unfortunately a majority seems rather tolerant of it, and unfortunately it doesn't appear many, if any have legal standing to actually stop it.

With that said, I do believe Covid/vaccine tyranny will remain permanent in Europe, Canada, and the Anglos world, as unfortunately a majority seems rather tolerant of it, and unfortunately it doesn't appear many, if any have legal standing to actually stop it.
I guess the question is, what to do for those who live in these areas. Leave ‘the west’ or search for pockets of communities of like minded people in them.

Parmesan

Woodpecker
I guess the question is, what to do for those who live in these areas. Leave ‘the west’ or search for pockets of communities of like minded people in them.
They will have to start voting in people that actually defend freedom. The PPC (the real conservative party) in Canada still couldn’t even muster a single seat in Parliament. I think its going to be an uphill battle, because it appears 50-70% support the tyranny, or is apathetic to it. Or, find your way to a red US state and hope you can sort it legally at some point. Maybe the US can counter the migrant surge by taking in civilized, high IQ, Covid refugees from developed countries.

Parmesan

Woodpecker
Good people, if you're still unvaccinated, give yourselves back pats. You just survived and resisted one of the most intense brainwashing operations in human history. That makes you heroes in my book.
The real test will be in the next few months in the US. The vaccine "mandate" for private businesses is currently in the courts and on hold, but many corporations are already on the kool-aid, and will be implementing it quite willingly. Corporations that are "federal contractors" (many), still have a mandate to be vaxxed by mid January,. Unless the courts step in, or it gets pushed back again, I believe you will start seeing massive firings probably ramp up in February/March after HR creates the proper paper trails and attempts vaccine "re-education" sessions. I work for a company that is technically a federal contractor, and I'd say the vast majority of non-office staff is pretty adamant about getting fired if they have to. Most of us are keeping fairly quiet though, as not give corporate a heads up to prepare. I'm pretty certain our company would pretty much be completely f-d if everyone holds out that says they will, it will be chaos that will ripple into many other businesses all over the country. The skilled work is not stuff you can hire anyone off the street for, and the un-skilled work is already heavily understaffed as is.

If my workplace is any metric for what will be repeated in industries across the country, than I would assume the economy will pretty much come to a grinding halt. It remains to be seen how many people will have to balls to get fired, and how many businesses will have the balls to do it. But, I'm thinking the federal government will likely just keep pushing the deadline back, to avoid the optics of mass firings and economic chaos.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Yeah, for this level of dictatorial government, it's the "strongly disagree" numbers that matter. Not the others
In fact, I believe all their numbers are completely nonsense. If they say 58% make of that 38% or so. If it resembles any truth it is not allowed in the MSM.

On another note, they're coming after the food already:

And here are the ''wir haben es nicht gewusst's''

FEXw6eIXEAI8azI

Kiwi

Robin
The real test will be in the next few months in the US. The vaccine "mandate" for private businesses is currently in the courts and on hold, but many corporations are already on the kool-aid, and will be implementing it quite willingly. Corporations that are "federal contractors" (many), still have a mandate to be vaxxed by mid January,. Unless the courts step in, or it gets pushed back again, I believe you will start seeing massive firings probably ramp up in February/March after HR creates the proper paper trails and attempts vaccine "re-education" sessions. I work for a company that is technically a federal contractor, and I'd say the vast majority of non-office staff is pretty adamant about getting fired if they have to. Most of us are keeping fairly quiet though, as not give corporate a heads up to prepare. I'm pretty certain our company would pretty much be completely f-d if everyone holds out that says they will, it will be chaos that will ripple into many other businesses all over the country. The skilled work is not stuff you can hire anyone off the street for, and the un-skilled work is already heavily understaffed as is.

If my workplace is any metric for what will be repeated in industries across the country, than I would assume the economy will pretty much come to a grinding halt. It remains to be seen how many people will have to balls to get fired, and how many businesses will have the balls to do it. But, I'm thinking the federal government will likely just keep pushing the deadline back, to avoid the optics of mass firings and economic chaos.

I think you only need a small percentage to stand up, but enough to make it difficult. I only add this because there are many that will change their minds when it becomes reality, just the way it is. Happened in my workplace and others here in NZ. I still hear people here at my work say, "Well i'm bloody well not getting the booster that's for sure!" It's sad to see that they of course will.

That 'being quiet' idea can be a double edged sword. It could be that people aren't saying much because deep down they'll know they will cave. Eventually people found their excuses at my work. Travel, family, work visa, mortgage.....I don't mean to blackpill, just being realistic after I witnessed it happen at my work. I do hope you have a high percentage in your company stand up.

steyraug96

Chicken

Late to the party, I'm faced with this very situation. In Massachusetts, many people here are closet Authoritarians, as long as you think the "right" way, you're good...
I don't think their "right" way.

But I don't have resources, for reasons. Moving would be difficult, maybe impossible. I've been told I'll be terminated December 22 or something like, for not having the jab, despite the BLATANTLY OBVIOUS FACT that it's not really a pandemic, not the apocalypse virus, and - especially for those working remotely - it's not even needed.
I'm also a bit anti-social, as I see the idiocy here, there, everywhere. As a consultant, you tend to move from company to company, I'm sure others here have same sort of history. You learn to read people, and you can tell who is and who is not really "awake." (Sadly, most of those who are awake, aren't great managers. :p It's like they need some psychopathologies to be good at organizational work, in the multinational companies I've worked at.)

I have to find a Plan B, or get independently wealthy, when I'm facing far more pressing issues (my mother has dementia in another state, living alone. Can't bring her to live here, can't move the girlfriend and stepchild there, family friction. Yes, I F'ed up, a long time back now.)

I notice the companies aren't waiting for the court cases to be resolved, either.
I think it's past time to water the tree of liberty, but I've always been a bit of a firebrand in my personal temperament. I am glad to see others have started saying similar, though, finally - they're waking up to the direction, the velocity, and the risk and problems which are coming No matter what we do.
I'd love to just get us back on track, but the scope and size of things is just crushingly depressing. (And I was already depressed, as might be inferred.)

I'm a skilled guy, too, but the whole "Government Contract" bit with the growing corporatism of our society (world, even) - I'm at a loss.

Would be nice to find a parallel economy, as someone else mentioned to me, but so far - nothing. I'm too much of a loner.

Sorry for venting, hope I don't derail the thread.

MartyMcFly

Woodpecker
France has decided to treat people who don't get the booster shot like they are unvaccinated.

This is the same nation that criticizes China over human rights abuses. It is nice they care about people in China considering they are quite quick to slam rights of their own citizens (this applies to all G-7 nations).

G-7 leaders call out China over human rights abuses

“We will promote our values, including by calling on China to respect human rights and fundamental freedoms, especially in relation to Xinjiang and those rights, freedoms, and high degree of autonomy for Hong Kong enshrined in the Sino-British Joint Declaration,” the G-7 said in a statement.