The Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated Divide thread

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
When the Delta/Omicron stuff began to kick off, she sent us e-mails about how she wanted us to get boosted. I lied about this, too, thinking, OK - let's just get through Christmas, I bought an awful lot of gifts for other people this year. She did, since I got "boosted" with a coworker only last week, demand that I take a negative test a few days before the gathering to prove I wasn't sick. I caved in on this request and did, feeling pretty crummy about that too.
At the end of dinner, for your own sanity, you should have taken off your mask and gone "surprise! I'm not vaxxed, but you are all brainwashed!!"

Oh man, I was bothered myself at a family gathering but it wasn't like that. Actually, the worst I could say, was going to post in the "normies" thread. Just that the silence was deafening. Not a single word about all the lies, tyrrany and trouble in the world. A lot of people in the family have caught covid (including myself), some vaccinated, some not, and the fact that nothing that bad has happened to any of them may have made them slightly relaxed about it. Won't hold the silence against them, at least they are focussed on their lives rather than the brainwashing from the media, although some of them are at least lightly brainwashed.

I have been known to blurt out at family dinners "It's all a lie." I think we will rot our souls if we pretend to be in agreement with the lie more than just occasionally. Note to self not to do what you did today again.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
I feel the need to rant a little, because this is affecting my Christmas today, and I am beyond upset. To placate my sister (who's adamant about COVID safety), I told her I got the vaccine in order to see her with family in May - and planned on telling her to get bent if she demanded to see proof. My word was good enough, and the visit went fine - but I was upset that I felt the need to lie to cover my butt.

When the Delta/Omicron stuff began to kick off, she sent us e-mails about how she wanted us to get boosted. I lied about this, too, thinking, OK - let's just get through Christmas, I bought an awful lot of gifts for other people this year. She did, since I got "boosted" with a coworker only last week, demand that I take a negative test a few days before the gathering to prove I wasn't sick. I caved in on this request and did, feeling pretty crummy about that too.

I and my father head to the dinner today, car full of gifts, ready to see everyone. We see waiting for us on the coffee table of the AirBnB...two COVID rapid tests, intended for us, because we both attended Christmas mass and she wanted to "be safe". My father had already given up singing in the choir that day to go along to get along, and it STILL wasn't enough.

I immediately get really quiet when everyone starts unboxing their tests, and say "you know, those are actually far more effective if you take one every three hours - and I hear that those suppository tests are highly recommended." I get a quietly irritated response from my sister about how they can't take any chances since they work around vulnerable people.

I pull my brother into the hallway and tell him "I'm calling an Uber right now and leaving. Please go get my coat and hat so I don't get into a shouting match with anyone, I don't want to upset anyone further than I'm about to." I then tell him I'm done - no more vaccines, no more boosters, no more rapid tests if I'm not feeling sick - and I'd be happier in an Aussie-style holding camp than spending time with them at this point.

I don't know what to say, and I'm going to try very hard to not get falling-down drunk today since I'm upset and alone. I might as well have said "I'm unvaccinated" back in May and had this conversation seven months in advance. It happening today of all days is just so infuriating.

I'm going to remember this day for the rest of my life. I guarantee I'll probably have a nightmare or two about it.

EDIT: What saddens me the most about this is my brother's impotent flailing when he realized that I was leaving immediately and I meant every word of what I said. "Nobody's making you take anything, we'd just prefer you did! Don't leave, I've been looking forward to seeing you for weeks!" It breaks my heart. He's clueless as to why I felt the need to do this.
Two things:

1. I only see your sister she she she. Does she decide what the family does? What you do? Where does she get her authority from? The frame here is way off, I'd say it's disastrous, and if you and your family let her boss you around you're running towards a cliff.

2. Learn the lesson not to lie about this. Face the conflict head on or it will chase you, build pressure and erupt with a 1000 times stronger magnitude. You're doing yourself and others as well a grave disservice, but most of all yourself. Don't delude yourself face the dragon head on or you'll build a debt in the background that you will pay tremendous dividend for later and you'll hate yourself for letting it get so far.

Sorry to say buddy but you have to do an audit on the two points above as you're not managing the situation as you should, do yourself a service and take that responsibility.

hedonist

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Haven't seen them, please post. You are probably right, new thread.
cjrunrrnqo3tuiuv_1637596633.jpeg

Different Pope (my bad!) and touchy subject but I think the subversion needs to be examined at least .....

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Protestant
Gold Member
I feel the need to rant a little, because this is affecting my Christmas today, and I am beyond upset. To placate my sister (who's adamant about COVID safety), I told her I got the vaccine in order to see her with family in May - and planned on telling her to get bent if she demanded to see proof. My word was good enough, and the visit went fine - but I was upset that I felt the need to lie to cover my butt.

I and my father head to the dinner today, car full of gifts, ready to see everyone. We see waiting for us on the coffee table of the AirBnB...two COVID rapid tests, intended for us, because we both attended Christmas mass and she wanted to "be safe". My father had already given up singing in the choir that day to go along to get along, and it STILL wasn't enough.

I immediately get really quiet when everyone starts unboxing their tests, and say "you know, those are actually far more effective if you take one every three hours - and I hear that those suppository tests are highly recommended." I get a quietly irritated response from my sister about how they can't take any chances since they work around vulnerable people.

I pull my brother into the hallway and tell him "I'm calling an Uber right now and leaving. Please go get my coat and hat so I don't get into a shouting match with anyone, I don't want to upset anyone further than I'm about to." I then tell him I'm done - no more vaccines, no more boosters, no more rapid tests if I'm not feeling sick - and I'd be happier in an Aussie-style holding camp than spending time with them at this point.

I don't know what to say, and I'm going to try very hard to not get falling-down drunk today since I'm upset and alone. I might as well have said "I'm unvaccinated" back in May and had this conversation seven months in advance. It happening today of all days is just so infuriating.

I'm going to remember this day for the rest of my life. I guarantee I'll probably have a nightmare or two about it.

EDIT: What saddens me the most about this is my brother's impotent flailing when he realized that I was leaving immediately and I meant every word of what I said. "Nobody's making you take anything, we'd just prefer you did! Don't leave, I've been looking forward to seeing you for weeks!" It breaks my heart. He's clueless as to why I felt the need to do this.
Good grief what a sad state of affairs.

Guys, MEN please listen: you have got to stop letting these maniacal women run the show. You are playing right into their hands and it's pathetic and cowardly. Take control of the situation and do not ask for permission, do not entertain maniacal requests, do not appease their hysteria in the least. If they cannot handle it, cannot handle you, let them be the one that leaves or folds. If the entire family sides on the side of psychosis, it is only after your best efforts that you should walk away. Never participate and if you give them an inch they'll take a mile, as perfectly illustrated in the post above. Hook line and sinker.

Stugatz man I'll pray for your and your family but enough is enough and you see that now. You do have yourself to blame for playing along, I'm sorry to say.

The Bible teaches us that as men, in as part of the woman's submission to us, are to be their protectors. By allowing a woman's psychosis and paranoia to run unabated, you are failing in your duty to God to protect them from themselves.

Last edited:

C-Note

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member

Every family is different, but I've always felt the best way to handle situations like this is to treat the woman like she's a silly rabbit. When she first started making the demands months ago, responding with something like, "Hey, I have natural immunity and am fit and thin, so I have very little risk from the virus, same as you! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys and especially watching how you buzz around the house making everyone feel at home. Please let me know what dish I should bring to the party." Then, don't respond at all to any further COVID histrionics from them. Ignore all that drama completely. They would either have eventually given up, or else told you a week or so prior to the get-together that they weren't comfortable with your attendance, to which you could have replied, "Sorry to hear that. Maybe next year. Merry Christmas! I'll miss your banana bread." and let that be the end of it.

Biscuits_Gravy

Robin
Catholic

Praying for you, brother. God speed.

droughtmeat

Kingfisher
Catholic

I only thought those situations existed in memes. Unfortunately, it's probably better for you to distance yourself from people who put you in those situations in order to avoid conflict and massive disappointment. I wish you strength.

stugatz

Pelican
Catholic
I only thought those situations existed in memes. Unfortunately, it's probably better for you to distance yourself from people who put you in those situations in order to avoid conflict and massive disappointment. I wish you strength.
I keep saying "why me". I work with a pretty liberal crowd, and my boss (who I heard bellyaching about the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict) bragged to another manager that he was having thirty people over for Christmas. He then left to go get a drink at the next door pub that doesn't require masks.

I keep realizing that the average person is suffering from major pandemic fatigue, and tells themselves, "well, if I get it, I get it, maybe I'll get a mild case and get to marathon a bunch of movies the whole time". Why can't I be related to those people?

Maybe this is some kind of a test. I need to find a bright side to this, moping isn't going to do me any good.

PolishCalifornian

Robin
Catholic
cjrunrrnqo3tuiuv_1637596633.jpeg

Different Pope (my bad!) and touchy subject but I think the subversion needs to be examined at least .....
Not sure what the context of your post is, but popes meet/bless/take photos with many thousands of people every year, I know a few who met JPII, no one is vetted for bad PR potential 20 years in the future. At Mass today multiple people asked for and received blessings from a deacon, priest and monsignor, most if not all strangers to one another. The Mass Media loves to pump out "gotcha" images that are meant to defame and destroy their targets without any analysis. They've been running this game with Trump/Epstein photos for several years now, as if two New York socialites with a passing acquaintance being photographed together a decade or two ago is proof of anything. The real story in the above photo should be about the depravity of Epstein and Maxwell in seeking to create a photo op with the pope either for PR or just for a laugh all while engaging in sex trafficking of underage girls.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
I keep saying "why me". I work with a pretty liberal crowd, and my boss (who I heard bellyaching about the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict) bragged to another manager that he was having thirty people over for Christmas. He then left to go get a drink at the next door pub that doesn't require masks.

I keep realizing that the average person is suffering from major pandemic fatigue, and tells themselves, "well, if I get it, I get it, maybe I'll get a mild case and get to marathon a bunch of movies the whole time". Why can't I be related to those people?

Maybe this is some kind of a test. I need to find a bright side to this, moping isn't going to do me any good.
By saying why me you put the control of the situation in external hands again. Are you a nice guy or recovering nice guy? I certainly am the latter. When I entered my 20s basically the only skill I had was being nice. When I had to do stuff by myself and people started to exert influence on me in the real world I stepped on a lot of mines in the minefield of life. That brought me to being a lot grittier now but man did it was a miserable experience. Let's unpack this for a bit as I think it's useful to many here: what is being nice and being a nice guy? It's nothing more than avoiding conflict and being a person that avoids conflict by appearing like a little smiling boy who does not exert any danger. That last is key: you make yourself appear in a way that the other can do whatever he wants with you without repurcussions. You'll keep having your fake smile and not speaking out your mind and true thoughts and opinions. This leads to people taking advantage of you, not respecting you and most importantly you'll not respect yourself and probably hate yourself over time. Big part of this is pushing problems forwards: I did that with the women stuff and some mental issues and that exploded in my 20s on the PUA path along with facing problems that had grown from larves to dragons.

It's very telling that apparantly for many men here a sister who has fallen for the (essentially Satanic) lies and world hysteria now can dictate the course of the family. I've seen that story pop up several times now. Men think differently but are trained not to get into conflict, which is making the ship at best rushing towards an iceberg and at worst already hit it and sinking.

To make a last comment in regard to @UnMasked most excellent post yesterday in the vaccine thread, the system is playing with the masses as a cat with a prey. If we allow stories like this to happen we can avoid directly being played with but indirectly the cat will still play with us, through in this case a woman who has fallen for it and is exerting that narrative and energy over the others, essentially playing with us.

02Hero

Banned
Other Christian
By saying why me you put the control of the situation in external hands again. Are you a nice guy or recovering nice guy? I certainly am the latter. When I entered my 20s basically the only skill I had was being nice. When I had to do stuff by myself and people started to exert influence on me in the real world I stepped on a lot of mines in the minefield of life. That brought me to being a lot grittier now but man did it was a miserable experience. Let's unpack this for a bit as I think it's useful to many here: what is being nice and being a nice guy? It's nothing more than avoiding conflict and being a person that avoids conflict by appearing like a little smiling boy who does not exert any danger. That last is key: you make yourself appear in a way that the other can do whatever he wants with you without repurcussions. You'll keep having your fake smile and not speaking out your mind and true thoughts and opinions. This leads to people taking advantage of you, not respecting you and most importantly you'll not respect yourself and probably hate yourself over time. Big part of this is pushing problems forwards: I did that with the women stuff and some mental issues and that exploded in my 20s on the PUA path along with facing problems that had grown from larves to dragons.

It's very telling that apparantly for many men here a sister who has fallen for the (essentially Satanic) lies and world hysteria now can dictate the course of the family. I've seen that story pop up several times now. Men think differently but are trained not to get into conflict, which is making the ship at best rushing towards an iceberg and at worst already hit it and sinking.

To make a last comment in regard to @UnMasked most excellent post yesterday in the vaccine thread, the system is playing with the masses as a cat with a prey. If we allow stories like this to happen we can avoid directly being played with but indirectly the cat will still play with us, through in this case a woman who has fallen for it and is exerting that narrative and energy over the others, essentially playing with us.
Great thoughts. I have been the same my whole life in that I have been somewhat of a people pleaser. Up to when I completely lost my health and started to see that this is a huge mistake in life. But still there is something to be said to be respectful.

I am big on respect. But you will see some people only respect those they fear. There is no "baseline respect" like you would expect if you have some decency.

These people will constantly step over your boundary until you get aggressive and or defend your boundaries. They are like babies who never learned to respect other peoples boundaries.

I have noticed the people who do this the most are fearful people. As such you will see the most fearful people will step over you boundaries constantly and they need reassurance that you are strong and capable. They are your biggest haters but also your biggest fans. Their inherent fearfulness causes them to look for boundaries everywhere to make sure that they can count on you as a strong figure in their lives. This is why females and feminine males do it the most.

These are also the males who walk in groups and talk behind your back. These are the snakes in the grass. This is why they are also most dangerous if you are an upstanding individual. They are scheming, lying, etc. They are afraid. These are males with a female psyche.

So it is not just your own problem (being too friendly or respectful). It is also their problem. Once you see this it is easier to navigate the world. You need to pick and choose and see where the bad apples are.

In my opinion having a baseline respect for people around you will in most cases make life a lot more pleasant. But if you meet someone who is not like that you will see that this person will cause a lot of anger/frustration in you and if you keep it in you will explode eventually.

Last edited:

Mrredsquare

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Knock knock:

Door-to-door Covid jabs as Boris considers New Year restrictions TOMORROW but vows to keep schools open: SAGE warns new Omicron wave hospitalisations could be higher than last winter​

• Ministers are planning to send teams armed with Covid vaccines to the homes of unvaccinated Britons
  • Discussions between the Department of Health, NHS England and No 10 have looked at a nationwide drive
  • SAGE warned UK is about to be hit by wave of Covid hospitalisations and peak could be higher than last winter

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
1. I only see your sister she she she. Does she decide what the family does? What you do? Where does she get her authority from? The frame here is way off, I'd say it's disastrous, and if you and your family let her boss you around you're running towards a cliff.
Guys, MEN please listen: you have got to stop letting these maniacal women run the show. You are playing right into their hands and it's pathetic and cowardly. Take control of the situation and do not ask for permission, do not entertain maniacal requests, do not appease their hysteria in the least. I
It reminds me of Greta Thunberg lecturing world leaders..

I sometimes think of starting a "toxic femininity" thread but I'd be at risk getting myself banned if I started to post in that with abandon.

02Hero

Banned
Other Christian
It reminds me of Greta Thunberg lecturing world leaders..

I sometimes think of starting a "toxic femininity" thread but I'd be at risk getting myself banned if I started to post in that with abandon.
A lot of us grow up in a matriarch (strong mother, weak father) dynamic. And thus it feels natural to give women the power. Not sure where this comes from. Could be straight up brainwashing. Or the lack of a rite of passage. As this rite of passage would make you a man vs. a boy.

A rite of passage often is an event that causes tremendous amount of stress which you have to fight through.

When you go through hell any type of problem a woman comes up with looks like nothing to you. When you never went through hell then basic whining of a female can seem like an actual problem. This is the key to having good dynamic with women. You cannot be respected by women if you are a boy and you look at women like you look at your mother when you were a child.

Samseau

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
The best advice I can give to Stugatz and others is to have extreme patience. Pray to God for even more patience, inhuman amounts of patience, when dealing with liberal women. They will be humbled, you should pity them. Do not get angry with them.

Remember, it's not possible to have the amount of patience required for the brainwashed fools of today, only with God's help is it possible.

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
Remember, it's not possible to have the amount of patience required for the brainwashed fools of today, only with God's help is it possible.

True, but at the same time, I hope that God's patience will run out with them.

I mean, we have to remain patient with the fools and woke crowd, but, God might not and probably at some point He will not.