The Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated Divide thread

HighTower

Robin
Orthodox
Imagine how difficult life must be in Australia if you are working poor and trying to avoid the clot shot.
Yes it cannot be good that's for sure but what is the alternative? It could be game over for a lot of us come this fall flu season but wallowing really does nothing. Change jobs, move, whatever you have to do just keep doing that.

For myself, not being allowed to join my family for Chritmas the last two years and the divsion that has been defined is the real concern. I can find a new job but a family is not so easy to replace.

rainy

Pelican
Other Christian
Tate was on with Tucker and made a good point. There's massive cognitive dissonance amongst those who pushed the vax on everyone, treated all their non-vaxxed friends/family/everyone as enemies, yet are now going on as life is normal and it never happened. Yet the virus they were deathly afraid of is still out there. Zero introspection.

Being honest, this part does annoy me a little on a personal level. I don't care what most people think. But it was about 5 months ago after my family had COVID by dad randomly reached out to me and strongly suggested we all, including both my kids under 5, get jabbed. He watches Tucker so he's probably aware of all the crap now coming out about the jabs.

But he acts like he never picked up the phone and made that call. That he unprompted reached out and suggested our family partake in a significant threat to our well being. To me it's not much different than calling me and strongly suggesting we inject our kids with heroin, although the intent of the call is obviously different. Likewise, my sister who has gotten all her kids jabbed, locked down her house to all non-vaxxed friends/family. Wouldn't see anyone during the holidays because we're still clean-bloods. But now, she's just going about life, maskless, as if it all never happened.

Some may say "be the bigger person, forgive and forget". I can't. My perception of them is forever changed. I'm civil. But they're more acquaintances now. Fundamentally at my core, my wife and simply cannot change our perspective on people who in one manner, offered a direct threat to our family and children.

And because their fundamental point of view on life also suggests it will happen again. I cannot trust them. So I don't. And it's a very rational conclusion once you set aside any family-tied emotion.

I'm not hostile in any way towards them. But I have put a steel barrier around my wife and kids to protect us now and for years to come, and my other family members are not on the inside. Nor do I ever see that changing.

Unfortunate reality of the times.

Captain Gh

Pelican
Atheist
Gold Member
It is all fluff to get more people to cave and get the jab, or quit. Pay me less means I work less. Pretty simple and certainly nothing to get concerned about.
Exactly! And this reeks of being unconstitutional! If I was a teacher over there... I'd sit quiet for a bit... and once COVID is gone from Normies jargon... I'd hit em with a massive lawsuit! If there's a Title IX equivalent Down Under... it's a guaranteed win!!

Edit: And this example shows how powerful Teachers Unions are! Some regulated Government employees & Health Professionals were tossed to the side like trash... while Teachers did suffer... But were not fired! Kudos to That!!

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

And if this is about public health and safety, someone really needs to explain why Djokovic, nowhere near anyone on a court, cannot play while more than 23,000 fans fill Arthur Ashe Stadium without masks and without showing the same vaccination card Djokovic is required to present before entering the country.

“At this time, ticket holders will not be required to show proof of COVID vaccination for admission into the US Open,” the event’s official website states.

And while we’re at it, why was he allowed to play in last year’s U.S. Open unvaccinated but not in 2022 under the same status?

A Djokovic-less Open comes as the U.S. government is allowing millions of migrants to enter the country regardless of vaccination status. Those entering illegally are coming in from poorer countries, where vaccines are less common.

Of course, our government does not require those entering illegally to show a vaccination card. But if you’re Djokovic, it’s an absolute necessity.

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
Other Christian

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Tate was on with Tucker and made a good point. There's massive cognitive dissonance amongst those who pushed the vax on everyone, treated all their non-vaxxed friends/family/everyone as enemies, yet are now going on as life is normal and it never happened. Yet the virus they were deathly afraid of is still out there. Zero introspection.

Being honest, this part does annoy me a little on a personal level. I don't care what most people think. But it was about 5 months ago after my family had COVID by dad randomly reached out to me and strongly suggested we all, including both my kids under 5, get jabbed. He watches Tucker so he's probably aware of all the crap now coming out about the jabs.

But he acts like he never picked up the phone and made that call. That he unprompted reached out and suggested our family partake in a significant threat to our well being. To me it's not much different than calling me and strongly suggesting we inject our kids with heroin, although the intent of the call is obviously different. Likewise, my sister who has gotten all her kids jabbed, locked down her house to all non-vaxxed friends/family. Wouldn't see anyone during the holidays because we're still clean-bloods. But now, she's just going about life, maskless, as if it all never happened.

Some may say "be the bigger person, forgive and forget". I can't. My perception of them is forever changed. I'm civil. But they're more acquaintances now. Fundamentally at my core, my wife and simply cannot change our perspective on people who in one manner, offered a direct threat to our family and children.

And because their fundamental point of view on life also suggests it will happen again. I cannot trust them. So I don't. And it's a very rational conclusion once you set aside any family-tied emotion.

I'm not hostile in any way towards them. But I have put a steel barrier around my wife and kids to protect us now and for years to come, and my other family members are not on the inside. Nor do I ever see that changing.

Unfortunate reality of the times.
Hubris comes from uncertainty. The normies are fragile. The opposite is anti-fragile. Fragile people are insecure and will easily get destroyed when the environment gets rocky. As a robust person, you'll struggle but then get back to where you were. When you're anti-fragile, you thrive in difficult situations. Every hit you take, you grow. So your father is a fragile person, too insecure to admit that he was wrong. Be anti-fragile and take the lessons from the situation, becoming a better person yourself, and being able to help your father in the future if he chooses so.

BasilSeal

Kingfisher
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
Wow there is something about this guy's voice and laughter that gives me chills...

Mentions of health measures not involving vaccines, such as healthy lifestyle, diet, exercise, adequate sleep, etc: zero.

Last edited: