The Vladimir Putin thread

Peacock
Gold Member
HungJohnson69 said:
AManLikePutin said:
Anyone else following this hilarious saga of "Russian journalist murdered in Kiev"?
It turned out that 47 lives were saved thanks to this "hilarious saga".

https://www.businessinsider.com/ark...sbu-faked-his-own-death-2018-7?r=US&IR=T&IR=T

Rocha said:
The big question remains. Why are always foreigners meddling in Russia's affairs?

The people voted (en masse), the leader was elected. End.
Deal with it. When Trump won everyone cherished with democratic tears. I also cherish with foreign tears regarding Putin, specially American, Jewish and Ukrainian.

Undoubtedly the man has done a lot for his country and people, and re established Russia as a major International player. All the rest is fait divers.

He might have some personal interests at stake, but you guys are so naive to think that other country leaders are any different? And yes, Western leaders.
Russia is not a democracy. People have never elected anyone in that country, ever. Putin was elected by Boris Yeltsin and actually it's quite probable that Putin forced Yeltsin to retire. Perhaps Putin was elected by Putin. He is a sneaky guy, I'm sure he figured out a way to make Yeltsin go away.

Anyways, even according to official (=corrupt) data, only 52% of Russians actually voted for Putin in 2018, ie. walked to a booth and cast a ballot for Putin. In reality, according to independent estimates this figure is inflated by about 10 percentage points, which means that the majority of Russians didn't even vote for Putin, even though Russians have been thoroughly brainwashed and there is no real opposition.

Right now the popularity of Putin is in decline thanks to the new retirement age increase proposition. Of course it doesn't really matter what Russians think about Putin. They can't do shit. Hell, even Venezuelans can't do shit about their dictator even though the country is in ridiculous shape and people have absolutely nothing to lose. It's not easy to get rid of dictators. And Putin is probably the second most secure man in the world after Trump, ie. really really hard to kill. And even harder to bring to justice.

I miss the old days when a ruthless dictator had at least something to fear and his life was in constant jeopardy. Plenty of those have been killed in the past. But in modern times it's really difficult to kill someone with unlimited resources to protect himself.
Sorry but that's a very clueless statement to make, you're just regurgitating talking points from the loony, gaslighting MSM.

1) 52% of Russia voted for him is the kind of democratic approval that very few countries can match. I'll put that number in perspective for you: only 26% of Americans voted for Trump, and about the same percentage in France voted for Macron. 52% of the total population is a remarkably high score!

2) Putin's popularity is in 70% range. It was closer to 80% recently, so the MSM can mislead you by qualifying his popularity as being "in decline", lulz. Don't fall for that crap, bro.

[img=600x425]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYwjHSsXcAA9OBw.jpg[/img]

What the russophobic MSM won't tell you:

Young Russians are far better off today than their parents were. What western country could match that? In what western country are the kids better off, or even as well off, as their parents?!?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/better...hy-russias-youth-are-backing-putin-1521205201

This should give you a clue about what's really going on. We've been getting raped by our oligarchs, so they always have to vilify some foreign enemy to keep us looking away from them. That's the basis for the constant Russia fearmongering. Same with Saddam or Isis, keep the population terrorized so they don't focus on the fundamental structural corruption in the West.

Take any western country, and those curves are reversed, purchasing power is down, quality of jobs is down, personal and national debt are through the roof. Compare the debt status of Russia with that of any western country:

Hope you enjoyed this dose of reality, and that it's going to help you get rid of that MSM barrage brainwashing.

Bienvenuto

Pelican
Gold Member
Putin is a legend who saved Russia from becoming another Thailand - amazing country with beautiful women, US dominated... shithole of corruption, no medical care, no rights and no real future for the locals or for their children.

The Putin/Yeltsin/Berezhovsky/Browder moment was when Russia was saved. Full marks to Putin.

911 said:
Sorry but that's a very clueless statement to make, you're just regurgitating talking points from the loony, gaslighting MSM.

1) 52% of Russia voted for him is the kind of democratic approval that very few countries can match. I'll put that number in perspective for you: only 26% of Americans voted for Trump, and about the same percentage in France voted for Macron. 52% of the total population is a remarkably high score!
52% would be quite a good score, if it A) actually was true and B) Russia was a democracy and there actually were opposition that Putin has to compete with.

I am not saying that Putin isn't popular in Russia. Yes, he is quite popular, but so is Kim Jong-Un in North Korea. It isn't like he gives anyone much choice.

Young Russians are far better off today than their parents were. What western country could match that? In what western country are the kids better off, or even as well off, as their parents?!?
Any young people in any country are basically better off than their parents. The global economy has been rising tremendously this century and people are doing much better especially in developing countries than they used to. Today even most Africans have mobile phones and overeating is a bigger problem there than starvation.

Russian economy has been tightly correlated with OIL PRICE, which has been increasing from the turn of the century (quite conveniently for Putin..).

But Russian economy is still small (about the size of Italy or Spain), and Russian people are much poorer than western people.

And Russian economic growth has been poor in recent years, even negative after oil price collapse couple of years ago.

Compare Russia to, say, Estonia, which started from scratch at the same time when CCCP collapsed. Estonia is doing much better now than Russia, it's almost at the level of western countries. And Estonia doesn't even have any oil. What they have is democracy, freedom and effective/transparent leadership.

This should give you a clue about what's really going on. We've been getting raped by our oligarchs, so they always have to vilify some foreign enemy to keep us looking away from them.
Putin is the biggest "oligarch" there ever was and also the biggest criminal of modern times. His estimated net worth is $70-200 BILLION (not million) dollars. His official salary is smaller than that of Sauli Niinistö (the president of Finland), so Putin didn't exactly save all that money from his salary. ;) ;)

And you are damn right that Putin needs foreign enemies to keep Russian people's thoughts away from domestic problems. A new war would be really useful for him now because of the "retirement crisis". Perhaps soon he will start invading more of Ukraine.

Take any western country, and those curves are reversed, purchasing power is down, quality of jobs is down, personal and national debt are through the roof. Compare the debt status of Russia with that of any western country:
That's bullshit. US economy grew at the rate of 4,1% at the second quarter of 2018 and EU economy is growing at the rate of 2,4%.

Don't believe everything (anything) your PVME (PutinVision Media Empire) tells you. By the way, how is the weather in St. Petersburg? ;) Is it cool inside the offices in Lakhta district?

Mercenary

Hummingbird
HungJohnson69 you are in the wrong forum.
Most people on RVF support Putin and what he stands for.

You won't find many Putin haters anywhere here except for very small exceptions.

AManLikePutin

Kingfisher
HungJohnson69 said:
AManLikePutin said:
Anyone else following this hilarious saga of "Russian journalist murdered in Kiev"?
It turned out that 47 lives were saved thanks to this "hilarious saga".

https://www.businessinsider.com/ark...sbu-faked-his-own-death-2018-7?r=US&IR=T&IR=T
From your link: "Even Sonia Koshkin, a journalist whose name was among the 47 on the hit-list, has refused to believe the SBU and said the hit-list is fake."

Didn't know MSNBC had branched out a Finnish station btw. Why are you so worried about Russians and how they are "brainwashed", "poor" and "ruled by a dictator that can't get assassinated"?

Are you concerned about an imminent act of Russian Aggression™ and invasion of Helsinki? Else, I don't see why Putin would personally bother you (live in your head) so much that you seem obsessed with idea of "killing" and assassination of this "ruthless" "dictator"

Mercenary said:

You won't find many Putin haters anywhere here except for very small exceptions.
Most people here are not interested in discussing Russian politics. How would you know what users think here.

Also, show me an English language forum which is NOT infested with pro-Russian propaganda. They all are. There is a 1000 man strong troll factory in St. Petersburg trolling all around the internet, plus all the freelancers at home on top of that.. Even Finnish forums are affected, and Finland is probably a country with the most hatered towards Putin (and Trump!). Only about 8% (eight percent) of Finns think positively about Putin, and Trump isn't doing any better.

(And speaking of Trump, I have nothing against him as long as he doesn't start meaningless wars or destroy the world economy. But I don't support him either. And I have something against the way he was elected with Putin's help.)

AManLikePutin said:
Are you concerned about an imminent act of Russian Aggression™ and invasion of Helsinki? Else, I don't see why Putin would personally bother you (live in your head) so much that you seem obsessed with idea of "killing" and assassination of this "ruthless" "dictator"
Both of my grandfathers fought against invading fascist Ruskie commies 75 years ago. Russia hasn't changed a bit during the years, it's still the same fascist shithole it has always been and right now it's doing to Ukraine exactly what it did to Finland 75 years ago. There is every reason to hate Russia and its Dear Fuhrer, Vladolf Vladimirovich Putler. Fuck him.

But I have nothing against regular Russian people. They are sad brainwashed souls. And the women are beautiful.

Bienvenuto

Pelican
Gold Member
Not sure if HG69 is >really in Finland<..

Or.. >is wiping the sweat from his brow as he surveys the softly waving click-bait on his vast Macedonian content farm..<

Either way pal, you are quite entitled to your views. Who knows you might be wrong, but you might be right and a lot of us wrong..

Just. One. Thing. = this ain't no safe space for nobody - Putin lovers, Russophobes, trump lovers, Folks 'with her.' etc.

HungJohnson69 said:
Mercenary said:

Most people here are not interested in discussing Russian politics. How would you know what users think here.

Also, show me an English language forum which is NOT infested with pro-Russian propaganda. They all are. There is a 1000 man strong troll factory in St. Petersburg trolling all around the internet, plus all the freelancers at home on top of that.. Even Finnish forums are affected, and Finland is probably a country with the most hatered towards Putin (and Trump!). Only about 8% (eight percent) of Finns think positively about Putin, and Trump isn't doing any better.

Bienvenuto said:
Not sure if HG69 is >really in Finland<..
Why wouldn't I be from Finland. What's wrong with me being from Finland?

Actually I live near Russian border and I see tons of Russian tourists every day. I kind of feel sad for them, they are all being molested by their Fuhrer's selfish interests. Russia could be a great and modern country by now just like Estonia and even better. The Soviet Union collapsed almost 30 years ago. But no, it's very corrupt place and relies on income from oil and gas sales mainly, and a huge part of those revenues disappear to different pockets in the government, the ultimate beneficiary being Putler himself.

Even the World Cup was a joke in economic sense. Stadiums cost ridiculous amounts of money but only some of the money actually was used to build the damn places. It was a big money laundering scheme. Just like Sochi olympics 4 years ago.

Of course from the "getting some gorgeous Russian pussy" point of view, it's only good that Russia is still so underdeveloped... So there's that I guess. Personally I don't really "do" Russian women even though I see them every day. Finnish girls are much easier to deal with...

In terms of logistics they are easier to deal with. I don't have a Russian visa and don't intend to get one. And I don't speak any Russian and don't intend to learn.

Mercenary

Hummingbird
HungJohnson69 is just trying to derail this thread.
He's been a member of RVF for a whole 4 years, yet has ZERO rep and 59 posts....and now suddenly decides he needs to cause drama in a thread where there never was any before.

Don't fall for his trolling and bait.

Yeah, let's not talk about Vladimir Putin in a thread that has his name on it. He is too holy, too pure and innocent to be discussed about like regular people. Besides, talking about him is dangerous. You might get polonium or novichok -poisoning if you are not careful.

Nah, fuck it... I wish Vladimir Putin dies soon and rots in fucking hell. He can then have threesome gay faggot sex with Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin for eternity. Fuck em all fucking fascist assholes.

And Mercenary, quite interestingly your message history consists of only political and conspiracy -related messages on a "GAMING" FORUM. At least I have been discussing mainly about WOMEN.

HungJohnson, I'm personally lukewarm about Putin. He's done some good, he's done some bad. But are people in Finland actually worried about an imminent Russian invasion? I don't pretend to be Putin's psychologist but I highly doubt the man would be so blatantly aggressive in attacking another nation. I know, I know "muh Ukraine" but that situation was entirely different.

JimBobsCooters

Woodpecker
HungJohnson69 said:
Yeah, let's not talk about Vladimir Putin in a thread that has his name on it. He is too holy, too pure and innocent to be discussed about like regular people. Besides, talking about him is dangerous. You might get polonium or novichok -poisoning if you are not careful.

Nah, fuck it... I wish Vladimir Putin dies soon and rots in fucking hell. He can then have threesome gay faggot sex with Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin for eternity. Fuck em all fucking fascist assholes.

And Mercenary, quite interestingly your message history consists of only political and conspiracy -related messages on a "GAMING" FORUM. At least I have been discussing mainly about WOMEN.

Point on the doll where Putin touched you... It will all be ohhh kay.

Seriously for someone who doesn't speak Russia and hasn't been to Russia you've got a seriously strong hatred brewing there and a seriously warped perception of things on the other side of the border!

Unfortunately the efforts to isolate (and demonize) Russia will probably continue until we come to our senses and realize what Russia does is try to preserve their natuonal sovereignty - basically what we do when we say we are preserving US dominance.

TigerMandingo said:
HungJohnson, I'm personally lukewarm about Putin. He's done some good, he's done some bad. But are people in Finland actually worried about an imminent Russian invasion? I don't pretend to be Putin's psychologist but I highly doubt the man would be so blatantly aggressive in attacking another nation. I know, I know "muh Ukraine" but that situation was entirely different.
Finns are not worried about an imminent Russian invasion. But we weren't worried in 1939 either..

Russia is Finland's ONLY military threat. Russia is the only reason we have a strong conscription army. We are not worried about Estonia ever invading us. Or Norway. Sweden might do it once the islamists take power there in the 22nd century, but it's too early to worry about that now. ;) ;)

Anyways, Putin is not a guy you can be "neutral" or have "mixed feelings" about. He is a fascist dictator, who mostly wants to make himself and his ex. KGB-buddies rich (and has succeeded). Things have improved in Russia since 2000, but that doesn't take much from the leadership. I mean you would need a guy like Venezuela's Maduro to fuck that up. The primary "fuel" for growth has been the increasing oil price since 2000. Russia is still a very underdeveloped country and a lot behind countries such as Estonia, which doesn't even have vast natural resources... And right now the economic growth is relatively modest in Russia, which means that it's not really catching up western countries.

The problem with oil-rich countries in general seems to be that the economy is very one-dimensional and democracy tends to be flawed (putting it mildly). Norway is a rare exception...

JimBobsCooters said:
Seriously for someone who doesn't speak Russia and hasn't been to Russia you've got a seriously strong hatred brewing there and a seriously warped perception of things on the other side of the border!
I have been to Russia, but I have never had a Russian visa. Now there's a brain-teaser for you. ;)

As a matter of fact, I have visited both the Soviet Union AND Russia. Both without a visa. Trust me, I know more about Russia than 95% of users here... I might even know more about Russia than many brainwashed Russians themselves. Not to mention that I can virtually "see Russia from my house"... ;) Or Finnish land occupied by Russian forces, to be exact. (Finland lost about 10% of its territory to Soviet Union in WW2.) Three of my grandparents had their childhood homes there... Luckily they all survived the war. (Houses didn't survive Soviet occupation.)

But the other one of my grandfathers wasn't a particularly happy and lively guy. He fought in a machine gun company and I'm sure he saw tons of Ruskies get killed (Finns also) and it got to his psyche a bit. Anyways, it isn't hard to guess what he would think about current Russia and Putin... Or what basically any veteran would think. Or ultimately what Finns as a whole think. Putin doesn't get much sympathy from here.

I know that Russian media tries to portray Finland as a "neutral" and semi-friendly western country, but in reality, we hate the current Russian regime probably more than anybody. Putin is not our "friend". But we are friendly to Russian tourists visiting Finland. We have nothing against regular Russian people who behave well. And we are glad to show Russians example of a well-functioning society, as we did to Estonians, even before The Soviet Union collapsed - many Estonians were able to receive Finnish television broadcasts, such as this grocery store commercial in the 1970s... ;)

Meanwhile in the Soviet Union:

Aquarius

Woodpecker
It looks like in 90 days, current minor sanctions against Russia will amount to a full embargo at least from the US side. More specifically, a complete ban on import of Russian oil and export of all non-agricultural goods to Russia. Aeroflot will be banned from flying to the US, and it seems that US banks can't lend to Russian entities anymore and vice versa. Not to mention sanctions on sovereign debt.

I wonder how that will affect game in Russia and just living or visiting Russia as a whole, especially for Americans. Wouldn't be surprised if this also comes down to an Iran-style travel ban both directions and severance of diplomatic ties. This is definitely looks like a US quasi-declaration of war against Russia, like America's relation with Iran.

This full embargo is looking pretty serious, given how many US-based companies have large operations in Russia, with GM, Citibank, Boeing, and John Deere being the most obvious ones. Their divestment from Russia will certainly send huge economic shockwaves in the world if not another economic downturn.

Globalist hysteria in the US probably means Trump can't stop this embargo and severance of relations. The situation will probably get very dangerous especially this time of next year, with the embargo/quasi declaration of war and TDS for 2020 on full throttle. One simply doesn't unilaterally and unprovokedly declare war on Russia like that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/08/us-russia-sanctions-nerve-agent-attack-salisbury

Orson

Kingfisher
Aquarius said:
It looks like in 90 days, current minor sanctions against Russia will amount to a full embargo at least from the US side. More specifically, a complete ban on import of Russian oil and export of all non-agricultural goods to Russia. Aeroflot will be banned from flying to the US, and it seems that US banks can't lend to Russian entities anymore and vice versa. Not to mention sanctions on sovereign debt.

I wonder how that will affect game in Russia and just living or visiting Russia as a whole, especially for Americans. Wouldn't be surprised if this also comes down to an Iran-style travel ban both directions and severance of diplomatic ties. This is definitely looks like a US quasi-declaration of war against Russia, like America's relation with Iran.

This full embargo is looking pretty serious, given how many US-based companies have large operations in Russia, with GM, Citibank, Boeing, and John Deere being the most obvious ones. Their divestment from Russia will certainly send huge economic shockwaves in the world if not another economic downturn.

Globalist hysteria in the US probably means Trump can't stop this embargo and severance of relations. The situation will probably get very dangerous especially this time of next year, with the embargo/quasi declaration of war and TDS for 2020 on full throttle. One simply doesn't unilaterally and unprovokedly declare war on Russia like that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/08/us-russia-sanctions-nerve-agent-attack-salisbury
unilaterally and unprovoked? Those are propaganda lines. Certainly small nations like (ex-Soviet) Georgia, Baltic States and Sweden would Disagree with you (and there are more, esp Ukraine, the UK, etc).

As for "I wonder how that will affect game in Russia and just living or visiting Russia as a whole, especially for Americans?" issue? If the past is any guide, none at all! Russians see Americans as different from government policies, just as they see themselves differently from Putins.

Furthermore, no typical American visitor is going to be seen as a dangerous Putin critic or one who the Putin mafia could kidnap for money as happens in South America - and now in Turkey.

In the early US Republic, a constant source of worry at federal level was safe conduct and easy passport through foreign countries - especially any power sympathetic to the British cause of regaining their break away colonies - after all, the British reinvaded from Canada in 1812 and sacked and burned the US capitol!

These abductions do still go on. SEE for example "Proof of Life" (2000), "Missing" (1982), "Midnight Express" (1978) - all fact-based films if not from autobiographies. But in restricted contexts - with a relevant one being a "prominent" critic of the authoritarian despot Putin.

Peacock
Gold Member
Orson said:
Aquarius said:

unilaterally and unprovoked? Those are propaganda lines. Certainly small nations like (ex-Soviet) Georgia, Baltic States and Sweden would Disagree with you (and there are more, esp Ukraine, the UK, etc).

These abductions do still go on. SEE for example "Proof of Life" (2000), "Missing" (1982), "Midnight Express" (1978) - all fact-based films if not from autobiographies. But in restricted contexts - with a relevant one being a "prominent" critic of the authoritarian despot Putin.
Your mindset is that of a brainwashed boomer, buying wholesale all the anti-Russian deep state/establishment/MSM propaganda. Putin a despot? Hahaha, he is far more popular in Russia than any western leader in their country. I've got some reservations on Putin, but there is no doubt about his getting many things right, and that's why the overwhelming majority of Russians support him.

And WTF does Sweden have to do with this, it's completely retarded to think that Russia is planning to invade them. Russia is only being vilified in Sweden because Sweden, like most of western Europe, has been occupied by outsiders like Barbara Lerner Specter and their self-hating globo-homos local tools who want to destroy that society from the inside. They hate Russia because Putin stands for conservative Christian values, and no one knows that globo-bolchevik gameplan better than the Russians, who have been subjected to more atrocities and rot than any other European nation or people. The same globo-homo-banksters who have killed 65 million mostly Christians across the Soviet world are the ones who are conspiring today to undermine Russia.

It is Russia that is being threatened by NATO, which has installed shitty puppet regimes in places like Ukraine and Georgia, not the other way around.