The Vox Day thread

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Vox turns on The Z-Man after having linked to his posts a handful of times in the past, for Z-Man committing the sin of calling Cernovich a grifter (and something related to Indiegogo.) This post is a great example of why Vox Day has become totally insufferable.

I've read Z-Man's blog for maybe a month or two on a regular basis and I like his measured insights into things. He also seems to believe at least 90% of the same things Vox and others on the dissident right do, but without the egotistical drama.

Now that Z-Man dislikes one of Vox's friends, he's been lumped into the "too stupid, too short-sighted, too narcissistic, too independent, or too dishonest to be worth assisting" bin, and is no longer "someone that anyone can take seriously as an intellectual or even a commentator."

It's funny that Vox projects Z-Man as thinking "he is the one pure soul worthy of support in a dissident swamp of grifters." That sounds a lot more like Vox than Z-Man. Z-Man doesn't seem to be grifting anybody; he takes donations to keep the blog running, but otherwise doesn't seem to be selling anything, unlike Cernovich, Milo, or others whose work Vox frequently pimps. Z-Man is just a blogger who doesn't seem like he's trying to do anything beyond that.

I'm not very familiar with the Indiegogo incident, so I don't know if what Z-Man said about this is correct or not. Maybe he got it wrong. But Vox's hysterics still seem like a comical overreaction to a guy who five minutes ago Vox liked enough to link from his blog.

It never bothered me that Vox went after people like Scalzi, Shapiro, or Peterson, because they pretty much had it coming. But now he whines about people on the right like Fuentes and Z-Man, who already believe the majority of the same things as him, for the pettiest of reasons. He really has turned into a self-parody.

All of Vox's dumb manufactured drama has pretty much guaranteed I'll never spend another cent on one of his products. Besides, his own ridiculous behavior is plenty entertaining, and it's free, to boot.

RexImperator

Crow
Gold Member
I can recall that in his comment threads, Vox has already expressed an overall negative view towards Z Man a long time ago. He has liked some of Z Man’s writings in spite of this.

scorpion

Ostrich
Gold Member
Is it even possible to disagree with or be critical of Vox Day without him and his sycophants calling you stupid or a gamma? I'm honestly wondering. Like at this point if Jesus Christ himself came down from the heavens and declared that Vox Day was wrong about something, I would expect his comments section to begin converting to Islam en masse and saying stuff like, "You know, it's really disappointing that even the creator of the universe is a gamma male. Should have known when he allowed himself to be crucified and washed his disciples feet." They are beyond parody with their bootlicking and asskissing toward Vox. Anyone who continues funneling money into the Dork Lord's pockets at this point is a willing accomplice in their own humiliation as far as I'm concerned.

Vox has literally been pulling this shit for years. Here's a post pimping his unbelievably shitty mobile game from 2013. Whatever happened to this disaster? It's a "commentary-based management game" that appears to feature gladiator battles. Look at that screenshot then marvel that Vox claimed this game "has a legitimate shot at an 8-digit player base" and insinuated that anyone who thought otherwise didn't know anything about the gaming industry.

Seriously, look at that screenshot. And try to reconcile the fact that a guy with a supposed 150 IQ thought that ten million or more people would be interested in playing that game. That's the amazing intellect of the Supreme Dark Lord on display.

Enoch

Ostrich
^Unfortunately his blog content has trended more towards that kind of material and away from his excellent economic & social analysis.

kel

Pelican
I'm sorry I missed those Junior Classics, I will look for them once they, presumably, start stocking them after sending out to supporters in March.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Yeah, I remember that game. Just one of the various things he's hyped that never went anywhere (anybody else remember the WarMouse?) The game sounded sort of interesting, but it just disappeared off the radar.

Maybe there's more history between Vox and Z-Man that I don't know about, I almost never read comments on Vox's blog and haven't seen him mentioned much from what I've read on Z-Man. But still, this whole thing makes Vox look very thin-skinned and petty.

Vox felt like a big deal to me back in 2008-12, but over the last few years, it just seems like there are so many bloggers and content creators saying the same things, but better, about socio-cultural happenings (such as our own Roosh.)

I remember it was this post where my opinion on the guy really took a nosedive and I started to think that he was a real dick.

Of course, you don't need to be a feel-good niceguy to be worth paying attention to (if that was the case, I probably wouldn't be hanging out here), but at this point his ridiculous tendencies have turned his blog from a must-read ten years ago... to a dissident right news aggregator.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
scorpion said:
Like at this point if Jesus Christ himself came down from the heavens and declared that Vox Day was wrong about something, I would expect his comments section to begin converting to Islam en masse and saying stuff like, "You know, it's really disappointing that even the creator of the universe is a gamma male. Should have known when he allowed himself to be crucified and washed his disciples feet."
The "what if God himself" question has been my acid test for a while now on whether someone is redeemable or is simply too invested in their social standing to ever subdue their ego.

I trust no-one who does not concede to their failures, even once in a while, because I know that person is in essence a deceiver.

It's become impossible to escape seeing him as being anything other than the gamma males he derides. He will literally describe a gamma tell one day and then with zero self awareness enact the very same trait the next day. Sometimes in the very next post. Sometimes in the same damned post.

At this point his jihad against gamma males is pure projection. He is their king and yet wonders why they flock to him in such numbers. Being the one crab that made it out of the bucket doesn't change who he is on the inside, which is why he stands on the edge of the bucket trying to beat back any other contenders like Fuentes.

He's most certainly on the scale somewhere, by no fault of his own. He is basically the Zuckerberg of the alt-right.

Aurini

Ostrich
I can't stand this Crocko guy, and I've come to the defence of Vox in the past - I really can't stand these weedy-voiced scoffers that are infesting YouTube these days - but when he's right, he's right.

TL;DW: Vox has repeatedly claimed that Unauthorized isn't Vimeo, but some simple website inspection shows that it is. Right around when this video went live, all the videos became subscriber only.

I don't get it. Why would you lie about something so easy to confirm? Or am I wrong here? Please convince me that I am.

bucky

Pelican
Aurini said:
I can't stand this Crocko guy, and I've come to the defence of Vox in the past - I really can't stand these weedy-voiced scoffers that are infesting YouTube these days - but when he's right, he's right.

TL;DW: Vox has repeatedly claimed that Unauthorized isn't Vimeo, but some simple website inspection shows that it is. Right around when this video went live, all the videos became subscriber only.

I don't get it. Why would you lie about something so easy to confirm? Or am I wrong here? Please convince me that I am.
Wow, that's just sad. I don't like to rip on Vox because in spite of his unpleasant demeanor he's done a lot of good, but when your go-to come back is "you have to understand that I'm smarter than you" and you try to pull off something like this, it doesn't look good.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Without wanting to unduly heckle the man, I had the most chilling thought today. I would almost call it sent.

"Vox Day is what you would have become if you'd had the will to successfully popularize and monetize your entertaining spiritual dysfunction before you had a chance to become self-aware of it."

It made me happy to be a poor nobody.

bucky

Pelican
Leonard D Neubache said:
Without wanting to unduly heckle the man, I had the most chilling thought today. I would almost call it sent.

"Vox Day is what you would have become if you'd had the will to successfully popularize and monetize your entertaining spiritual dysfunction before you had a chance to become self-aware of it."
What do you see as his "spiritual dysfunction"? His megalomania, or something else? I cut him a lot of slack because he's willing to speak difficult truths, which leads to his constantly being under attack, which probably creates a siege mentality that contributes significantly to the more unseemly aspects of his behavior. He does, as one of his supporters on this thread said a while ago, put his work out there. That's a lot more than most of us do, and I personally doubt I'd handle the constant attacks any better if I were a public figure as he is.

That said, I've been turned off by the way Vox and Owen have behaved lately too, so I understand the negativity.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
I don't believe Vox is quite as serious about Christianity as he sometimes makes himself out to be, hence like scorpion it leads me to question whether he would even submit directly to God himself.

The "god-emperor trump" stuff is also blasphemous so there's that.

The sight I've been mercifully granted recently allows me to see that the demonically oppressed are victims of the devil and regardless of whether they must be kept at arms length, they are still God's children and deserving of mercy and pity. Of course, this can be a very hard understanding to hold to when they're being raging dickheads but I do my level best regardless.

The absence of this mercy in Vox and the refusal of Owen to accept Christ makes me distrust them instinctively. Vox in particular seems to see gammas as a kind of defective animal he'd like to simply put down en-masse like a bad batch of greyhounds.

It's hard to explain my misgivings precisely but while my stance is "all things through God", Vox on the other hand seems to be more like "all things through me/Trump, and God can get with the program".

I see no humility with him and Owen the way I do with Roosh or EMJ. That humility is what prevents you having that perpetually haunted look that Owen and Vox increasingly display. Meanwhile Roosh can look tired and haggard on the road but he still has the appearance of being at ease with God's plan for him, whatever it may be.

Another odd story. I was tempted to leave a few random thoughts on Vox's blog in reply to various things he'd posted. Nothing abrasive or anything like that. Yet every time my cursor hovered over the "publish" button I was compelled to stay my finger from twitching downward.

I think Vox and everyone in his orbit are in for a hard time, and I was being spiritually prevented from attaching myself to that domain.

scorpion

Ostrich
Gold Member
Despite his claims, it's doubtful whether Vox Day can even properly be called a Christian at all, because he explicitly denies the doctrine of the Trinity and in doing so denies the divinity of Christ. This is no minor doctrinal difference. It is a foundational belief, to the extent that Catholic, Orthodox and Protestants are all in agreement on it.

And yet not Vox Day. He's too much of a smartypants to believe the same thing as every other Christian on the planet.

By now it should be clear what kind of person we're dealing with here: a delusional narcissist and egomaniac on such scale that he presumes to dictate the cornerstones of Christian theology to God himself. Talk about presumptuous. Then again, this is the guy whose nom de plume literally means The Voice of God, so we can be sure that humility is not something that comes naturally to him.

I personally doubt the sincerity of his beliefs, because as Leonard noted, there is absolutely no humility to Vox whatsoever. He's pure ego. He's smart enough to recognize the positive historic and cultural contributions of Christianity, but I think that's as far as it goes for him. If we judge him by his fruits this also becomes clear. Rather than promoting a positive Christian message, he spends all of his time pimping his latest moneymaking schemes, bragging about his intelligence and attacking other people. In contrast, Roosh's humility, both intellectual and spiritual, is one of his defining traits. And in less than a year of being a Christian, Roosh has done far more to promote Christianity than Vox has in the past two decades. It is abundantly clear that Roosh has steeped himself in the scripture and the teaching of the church, for he has internalized the written truth that "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." Vox is apparently too busy feuding on the internet, raising money from his followers, writing hack fiction and listening to Baby Metal to ever crack his Bible.