The Vox Day thread

scorpion said:
Despite his claims, it's doubtful whether Vox Day can even properly be called a Christian at all, because he explicitly denies the doctrine of the Trinity and in doing so denies the divinity of Christ. This is no minor doctrinal difference. It is a foundational belief, to the extent that Catholic, Orthodox and Protestants are all in agreement on it.

And yet not Vox Day. He's too much of a smartypants to believe the same thing as every other Christian on the planet.
Early Christian sect of Arianism denied the divinity of Christ but acknowledged him as a son of God. I'm far from endorsing Vox, but I also wouldn't say that this particular belief should remove his right to call himself Christian - after all, Arianism was pretty big and well-established, and if history turned differently it might have been where Protestant denominations are now.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
This hadn't crossed my mind in ages but Vox is also an open theist, a controversial position in the predestination vs. free will debate, which could be quickly summarized as the belief that God does not know the future, a radical limitation of divine omniscience compared to traditional Christian thought.

When you take his various positions together as a whole, it would seem to put Vox well outside the realm of orthodox Christian thought. He also has adamant disdain for theologians in general and doesn't seem to read much of anything related to scripture or Christianity aside from maybe reading the Bible at face value.

I think Scorpion nailed it, it seems like Vox just treats Christianity as a tool useful toward the end of maintaining/saving Western Civilization, but not something that really impacts how we behave or that demands we really build our lives around it. He'd probably deny and call me a pathetic gamma or whatever other predictable insult he favors, but it's hard to conclude otherwise based on his own day-to-day public behavior.

In Vox's early books 15-20 years ago, they were clearly Christian fiction with a slight evangelistic bent, but there's been no sign of that sort of thing in a very long time.

What impresses me about Roosh is how he (or maybe more aptly, God) pretty much ripped up his entire life by the foundations, and over the past year he has completely re-oriented it around his faith, and there's a real humility and peace around him that you can sense from his videos and writings (and even moreso in real life.) The difference is striking.

Easy_C

Crow
The "god-emperor trump" stuff is also blasphemous so there's that.
That's the one point I won't fault him for. It isn't a joke about Trump being "divine", but it's a pop culture reference to Warhammer where the Emperor is in a comatose state and a cult has formed that views him as a literal God. That in turn references how some ancient monarchs would claim to be the mortal incarnation of pagan gods.

The problem with that stuff is that it's somewhat memetic and weaker willed people can subconsciously start to believe it.

Athanasius

Kingfisher
scorpion said:
Despite his claims, it's doubtful whether Vox Day can even properly be called a Christian at all, because he explicitly denies the doctrine of the Trinity and in doing so denies the divinity of Christ. This is no minor doctrinal difference. It is a foundational belief, to the extent that Catholic, Orthodox and Protestants are all in agreement on it.

And yet not Vox Day. He's too much of a smartypants to believe the same thing as every other Christian on the planet.
Agreed here, although he has sometimes said he could be wrong on his views and accepts Christians with different ones, so he could be a believer in error. However, these are deadly errors and I would counsel people to disregard his views on theology (and, by extension, theodicy).

Looking past that, I can't get past his behavior, so I read his blog but have kept my distance from the subscriber orbit.

armenia4ever

Kingfisher
Vox makes some interesting arguements and good points on some things, but I've noticed in the last 2 years or so hes gets into fights with anyone and everyone.

If they disagree with him or seem to have made their point better than his refutation, he calls then Gammas.

It's a shame really. Its just one example how so many in the dissident right seem to have this persona and pride that leads them to constant infighting with people who agree with them on 75% of things.

At least Vox is building alternative platforms as best he can.

Yatagan

Pelican
Gold Member
armenia4ever said:
Vox makes some interesting arguements and good points on some things, but I've noticed in the last 2 years or so hes gets into fights with anyone and everyone.

If they disagree with him or seem to have made their point better than his refutation, he calls then Gammas.

It's a shame really. Its just one example how so many in the dissident right seem to have this persona and pride that leads them to constant infighting with people who agree with them on 75% of things.

At least Vox is building alternative platforms as best he can.
No he isn't, unauthorized has been proven to be a scam, with its mirrored vids from vimeo and uscreen and their use of standard payment processors like stripe and paypal.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Easy_C said:
The "god-emperor trump" stuff is also blasphemous so there's that.
That's the one point I won't fault him for. It isn't a joke about Trump being "divine", but it's a pop culture reference to Warhammer where the Emperor is in a comatose state and a cult has formed that views him as a literal God. That in turn references how some ancient monarchs would claim to be the mortal incarnation of pagan gods.

The problem with that stuff is that it's somewhat memetic and weaker willed people can subconsciously start to believe it.
I know the reference but when someone uses it routinely in regards to a real world man knowing full well others take it seriously then it does indeed qualify as blasphemy or at very least idolatry. VD is not unaware of this .

It is arguably worse to promote a falsehood you don't even believe in yourself.

Scorpion hit the nail on the head when he noted that the "mouthbreather version" of Christianity is simply not acceptable for the great Vox. As I've noted previously I suspect he's vexed by a particularly skillful servant of satan that knows all the right buttons to push. I stand by this suggestion doubly now that I understand that pride is one of the most harmful sins because it typically precludes you humbling yourself before God and seeking His protection from the forces only He can protect you from.

Something I mentioned a while back about the technocratic globalist tyrant class. They guffaw at "silly superstition" and as such leave themselves spiritually defenceless. Then inevitably and despite having the best intentions they end up becoming bitter and spiteful creatures that cause immeasurably more harm than good to the people that they honestly set out to help.

Roosh

Cardinal
I stand by this suggestion doubly now that I understand that pride is one of the most harmful sins
Yes, multiple priests have told me this. Pride is the root of most sins, which is why it's the most difficult to root out.

Athanasius

Kingfisher
When I first started reading Vox's blog, I wondered why is this guy not bigger? Now I realize his behavior is why he's a niche product. I rarely forward his materials to others, as he uses the word gamma like the ADL uses anti-Semite. Then there's him stopping a talk to tell some chat guy to "SHUT UP" or "I don't give a flying f...., no one cares what you think." Or how he's smarter than all his critics could ever be. Or saying "Little Nicky" is a coward for not debating him on xyz. As a guy around Vox's age, this kind of self-unaware immaturity is repulsive and it's surprising to see someone so well-read engaging in it.

I don't forward people Fuentes' stuff or listen to him for similar reasons: he's immature and uses too much profanity. But at least he's only 22.

I do occasionally forward materials from non-mainstream sources like Red Elephants and Black Pilled who communicate without all the bluster. There's a direct correlation between internet personalities who emphasize a dislike for internet drama and those who engage in it.

Athanasius said:
When I first started reading Vox's blog, I wondered why is this guy not bigger? Now I realize his behavior is why he's a niche product. I rarely forward his materials to others, as he uses the word gamma like the ADL uses anti-Semite.
I don't want to sound like a freshman, or a "newfag" as some would say - but how does Vox's definition of "gamma" differ from the established one? I was convinced that a gamma is a man who could be an alpha, but decides to spend his time for intellectual or artistic purposes instead of gaining social status and women, but I might have that one wrong, that's why I'm asking.

Aurini

Ostrich
d said:
Athanasius said:
When I first started reading Vox's blog, I wondered why is this guy not bigger? Now I realize his behavior is why he's a niche product. I rarely forward his materials to others, as he uses the word gamma like the ADL uses anti-Semite.
I don't want to sound like a freshman, or a "newfag" as some would say - but how does Vox's definition of "gamma" differs from the established one? I was convinced that a gamma is a man who could be an alpha, but decides to spend his time for intellectual or artistic purposes instead of gaining social status and women, but I might have that one wrong, that's why I'm asking.
He's the one who coined the term in the first place; the man is very intelligent, the 'naysayers' here just wish he'd use that intelligence for more productive ends.

Athanasius

Kingfisher
d said:
Athanasius said:
I don't want to sound like a freshman, or a "newfag" as some would say - but how does Vox's definition of "gamma" differ from the established one? I was convinced that a gamma is a man who could be an alpha, but decides to spend his time for intellectual or artistic purposes instead of gaining social status and women, but I might have that one wrong, that's why I'm asking.
I'll take a stab. His gamma designation are the secret kings: men who imagine themselves leaders, yet no one wants to follow them. Negative men who resent more popular men. Men who get excited to join something, but then are easily slighted, after which they become ankle-biters or even turncoats. They pedestalize women but are upset when women don't respond to their attentions. They can be very smart but their prideful overestimation of themselves - their lying about themselves - makes them unpopular with men and women. They are prone to writing "walls of text" (badly written & solipsistic) in comments.

PharaohRa

Kingfisher
Vox Day's problem is that he is a dick with poor charisma. He understands the heart of the issue but he has to address it as a douche. His pride blinds him instead of using it as fuel to do greater things and has only himself to blame if he doesn't get the attention he desires. Also, his anti-gamma behavior makes gammas even more attractive to him the same way a jerkboy's actions make women even more attracted to him. It is as if as one poster describes him, he is the gamma king.

If Vox does not want gammas to pester him, then he needs to stop egging them on and tell them to GTFO forever!

I liked Vox for about 2-3 years, but he jumped the shark in the past year or so. I'd say when he hitched his wagon to Owen.

Its obvious him and Owen are just milking the MAGA and Qtard crowd for shekels now, and anyone who expresses the slightest bit of skepticism in their hugbox is labelled a "gamma".

PharaohRa said:
Vox Day's problem is that he is a dick with poor charisma. He understands the heart of the issue but he has to address it as a douche. His pride blinds him instead of using it as fuel to do greater things and has only himself to blame if he doesn't get the attention he desires. Also, his anti-gamma behavior makes gammas even more attractive to him the same way a jerkboy's actions make women even more attracted to him. It is as if as one poster describes him, he is the gamma king.

If Vox does not want gammas to pester him, then he needs to stop egging them on and tell them to GTFO forever!
guys who write or talk about the social sexual hierarchy a lot tend to attract lots of low status men who seek improvement. Problem with Vox is since hes running a grift, he turns his hierarchy into sort of a scientology cult where the more you act like a subordinate to him(i.e give money or don't ask questions) then you will eventually level up from gamma all the way to alpha.