The Vox Day thread

ABeast

Sparrow
I can never tell if Vox is actually bothered by the "Gamma" commenters on his blog/stream, or if he's just trolling to stir-up internet drama. Either way, I don't listen anymore because I don't care about comics enough.

Peacock
Gold Member
tl;dr Vox is kind of annoying, with a mercurial personality that's not a great fit or a vlogger, but he's mostly right on most issues and often has a good perspective on things.

I would watch regularly a good Vox weekly digest but don't follow him daily.

Roosh

Cardinal
It would be stunning if Vox and Owen's lawsuit against Patreon took down the company:
I don't know who Tim Pool is, but he is warning his 584k subscribers about the demise of Patreon:
If you still use Patreon you should consider warning your subscribers about potential disruption

Due to the legal defeat they recently faced some lawyers are speculating that Patreon will collapse under the weight of legal costs

You Could LOSE Your entire income stream

... with some in the comment' section declaring that...

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, and that Vox and Owen have both developed a disturbing cult-like following. As for the gamma male obsession, I'm a big fan of the Revenge of the Cis guys and they handled it perfectly when they were feuding with Vox a year ago. They just said "Go ahead, call us your made-up name."

That said, I can't recall Vox ever calling for the actual murder of one of his alleged "gamma males." Do you have a link or anything? I do remember him implying that "gamma" behavior could get you murdered in some situations, which is accurate. Maybe that's what you were referring to.
I used to semi-frequent VD, but actually haven't been in there for a while.

My OP in this thread references what I saw in some of the /comments/, not any articles themselves. I remember thinking "WTH" at some of the 'take it to far' posts I had seen; but I do not expect you to accept my claim at face value, Bucky - you raised a legitimate concern. If our positions were reversed, I know I would want to see direct link(s) as well.

I'm too busy (and lazy) to comb through thousands of comments to find them again. And, they may have (long) since been erased anyway. That's all I can give you (or I guess, more accurately, not give you).

As for Owen B, I didn't really know anything about him, until it was anounced he got banned from a bunch of places; and even then.

For some reason, both Beale and Benjamin got a "Bear" label from a bunch of redditors. Found this sub about 2 weeks ago. Good for some comedy, at least.

https://www.reddit.com/r/owenbenjamin/

Last edited:

Athanasius

Kingfisher
It would be stunning if Vox and Owen's lawsuit against Patreon took down the company:

Yes, congrats to those guys- I was glad to hear that they got a favorable ruling. Not a fan of Vox's interpersonal skills at times on his site, but he, Owen, and their attorneys are men who are landing blows on the SJWs/deplatformers. They fight. Hopefully this will have a positive ripple effect.

Addendum: No offense to the previous poster, but after perusing it for a minute that Reddit site looks lame and 'gamma.'

bucky

Pelican
... with some in the comment' section declaring that...

I used to semi-frequent VD, but actually haven't been in there for a while.

My OP in this thread references what I saw in some of the /comments/, not any articles themselves. I remember thinking "WTH" at some of the 'take it to far' posts I had seen; but I do not expect you to accept my claim at face value, Bucky - you raised a legitimate concern. If our positions were reversed, I know I would want to see direct link(s) as well.

I'm too busy (and lazy) to comb through thousands of comments to find them again. And, they may have (long) since been erased anyway. That's all I can give you (or I guess, more accurately, not give you).

As for Owen B, I didn't really know anything about him, until it was anounced he got banned from a bunch of places; and even then.

For some reason, both Beale and Benjamin got a "Bear" label from a bunch of redditors. Found this sub about 2 weeks ago. Good for some comedy, at least.

https://www.reddit.com/r/owenbenjamin/
No biggie, and I'm hardly a defender/minion of Vox's, so I'll just assume you saw one of his many comments I remember implying that "gamma" behavior can get you killed and are misremembering it. Vox has his issues, but I don't think he'd be one to to call for a murder, and even if he were I imagine someone as litigious as Vox would realize that doing it publicly on his blog would be a terrible, terrible idea.

Then again, I guess there is his support of Anders Brevik, so maybe I'm the one misremembering.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
I definitely seem to remember him saying that gamma males should all be killed. Anyway, it's the internet. Hyperbole is a given.

As for predictions, this is going to be the most rigged election in the history of Western democracy which normally would mean "bet on the Left" but since Trump is deep state anyway and they've put him up against captain dementia, I'm inclined to believe the deep state will arrange for Trump to stay on for another 4 years in order to keep Red America neutered.

I think they're going to make it close, though. Close enough that the entire term will be taken up with "muh election fraud" protests and all the cuckservatives will have their excuse laid out for them about why Trump still can't get anything done.

No biggie, and I'm hardly a defender/minion of Vox's, so I'll just assume you saw one of his many comments I remember implying that "gamma" behavior can get you killed and are misremembering it. Vox has his issues, but I don't think he'd be one to to call for a murder, and even if he were I imagine someone as litigious as Vox would realize that doing it publicly on his blog would be a terrible, terrible idea.

Then again, I guess there is his support of Anders Brevik, so maybe I'm the one misremembering.
What should I say, Bucky?
I'm here, online, posting 3rd-person negative judgements regarding the issue of someone else posting negative, 3rd-person judgements of others online.

All things considered, it appears the entire Interwebs is gamma (or its Users simply have too much free time on our hands). :)