The Vox Day thread

fokker

Ostrich
I tried installing and playing War in Heaven. The installer only works on old 16- and 32-bit systems (most modern computers are 64-bit), and the game feels really clunky and shoddily-programmed. In that aspect, it reminds me of the old Nazi propaganda game Ethnic Cleansing from 2002.

Jünger

Ostrich
The elections are fake. The stock markets are fake. The money is fake. The courts are fake. The police are frauds. The military is gay, trans, and fabulous. It appears that Tiger Time is rapidly approaching the once-great United States empire.
The lawless and mostly foreign elite that presently rules the USA feels no sense of obligation to the American people and therefore knows no restraints.

Agree on most of this. He is a good commentator and has an audience. The message he has is important and would be better received if it wasn't packaged in a such a callow way, however.

He does say some really dumb crap on occasion and is very much a drama queen in regards to other personalities, which indicates petty jealousy. It's infantile and inexplicable. He also takes himself way too seriously for supposedly such a smart guy. The Brainy Smurf personality is abrasive for his no-so-good looks and its, well...pretty Gamma, hahah!

My I.Q. is a little higher than what he claims his own is, and even I can laugh at myself.

And the whole Joe Rogan thing is a head scratcher; says he could beat him but won't fight him. Then just shut up about it, Vox, because it's put up or shut up.

He also lives in Italy so he really has no dog in the fight in the USA, which I'm not sure he can even come back to.

Jünger

Ostrich
no more categories please
I suggest another category, the Tau, a Beta-like creature who, like the Sigma, distances himself from the hierarchy. Unlike the Sigma however the Tau is not a successful lone wolf, he is instead one who is not by nature of Alpha/Sigma status but who has enough self respect and independence that he chooses exile and destitution over Beta status within the hierarchy.

bucky

Ostrich
I tried installing and playing War in Heaven. The installer only works on old 16- and 32-bit systems (most modern computers are 64-bit), and the game feels really clunky and shoddily-programmed. In that aspect, it reminds me of the old Nazi propaganda game Ethnic

no more categories please
Also, Beta is a good thing in Vox's hierarchy. I like to think I'm a Beta on the Vox scale, but I'm not sure.

RonaldB

Pigeon
Also, Beta is a good thing in Vox's hierarchy. I like to think I'm a Beta on the Vox scale, but I'm not sure.
In Vox's hierarchy, the beta is supposed to be someone who has some alpha characteristics, but doesn't have the desire to be a leader like and alpha does. However, a few months after Vox uploaded his video on the Hierarchy, he changed the label "beta" to "bravo". Apparently, it was Owen Benjamin who convinced him to change the label. Owen felt that the "beta" male characteristics of Vox's classification fit Owen's behavior, but he didn't want to be called beta, so he convinced him to changed it into "bravo", at least that's what I read somewhere.

Elipe

Kingfisher
In Vox's hierarchy, the beta is supposed to be someone who has some alpha characteristics, but doesn't have the desire to be a leader like and alpha does.
The Beta is to the Alpha kind of what a field commander is to a general. His authority rarely comes from his own force of personality, but comes down from the Alpha. Kind of like an Alpha-lite.

Wanderer_

Chicken
Woman
The SSH has merits, but talking about it feels gayer than talking about Magic the gathering cards. "Sigma male" also reeks of tryhard anime badass with a trenchcoat and katana, and its understandable why even leftists are having a field day laughing at it.

It also doesn't help that Vox himself regularly abuses the rules for it. For instance anyone who's not into Qanon is a gamma. Apparently having regular sex makes you a plan truster who's easily fooled by childish internet hoaxes.

fokker

Ostrich
Someone once said on here, I think in this very thread, a few years ago:
Found the original post I was referring to, in the Jordan Peterson thread:

RE: Jordan B Peterson: A Real Intellectual

I think you can learn everything you need to know about Vox from his expanded socio-sexual hierarchy:

Alpha == Alphas I like
Beta == Alphas I don't like
Gamma == Betas I don't like
Delta == Betas I like
Sigma == Special category for me that makes me an Alpha without the need for social proof

Yatagan

Pelican
Gold Member
The SSH has merits, but talking about it feels gayer than talking about Magic the gathering cards. "Sigma male" also reeks of tryhard anime badass with a trenchcoat and katana, and its understandable why even leftists are having a field day laughing at it.

It also doesn't help that Vox himself regularly abuses the rules for it. For instance anyone who's not into Qanon is a gamma. Apparently having regular sex makes you a plan truster who's easily fooled by childish internet hoaxes.
"Gamma" is pretty much a catch-all term for any and all detractors, and his thinking said detractors care about some made up term he conjured up for them is downright comical.

bucky

Ostrich
"Gamma" is pretty much a catch-all term for any and all detractors, and his thinking said detractors care about some made up term he conjured up for them is downright comical.
The Revenge of the Cis guys did some very funny takedowns of Vox's darkstream a few years ago, which naturally led to a feud with Vox and Owen. Vox called them "ankle biters" even though they're more popular than he is and have more followers. He also predictably called them "gamma" to which their take was "call us your made-up name as much as you like."

Pendleton

Pelican
It is also a catch-all term for his own negative qualities. It seems that most of the time when he rants about "gammas", he is criticizing some trait that he has exhibited to an extreme degree. For example, his need to contantly say "he totally 100% doesn't care what anyone else thinks" when it is obvious he cares quite a lot.

Easy_C

Peacock
Ironically enough, the one Alt news dude with any recognition who actually doesn’t give a crap what people think (Unless he’s forced to) is someone that I’m sure Vox would regard as a gamma, but is in reality far closer to a “sigma” than Vox himself is.

There’s also a few others who exhibit dramatically more “alpha” qualities than any of the well known ones but who aren’t as well known.

If you want a commentator who actually is an Alpha watch Terrence Popp.