The Vox Day thread

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I live in southeast asia you’d be surprised how many retired boomers living in asia used to be CIA black ops delta force vietnam vets according to them.

The boomer delusion is real. They literally see themselves as some kind of character like James Bond most of the time. They have created their own cinematic universe where they are the star and sometimes they get to be the world class lover, fighter, and savior of the people depending on the current events and storyline.

Sounds like pretty gamma behavior

In my opinion the lunacy of Owen Benjamin has rubbed off on Vox. Up until mid-2020 I throughly enjoyed reading Vox Popoli daily and he has put out some of the most insightful material regarding nationalism and history. He's also usually over the target when it comes to economics. But if you notice the lunacy of Owen and Vox's Qtardation both run parallel to each other. Owen has to come up with more and more outlandish statements to keep the Bears hooked and coming back for more. Vox seems to be following his lead and doing the same to keep the Q folks ready for their next fix. It's very unfortunate because I believe Vox can be a great source if not for the Qtardation. His blog used to have outstanding comments, now they are all Qtards. He should look at the way Bronze Age Pervert handled the Trump failure. BAP was pretty bought in to the Q narrative yet when it was plain to see that it was all a pipe dream he didn't hang on or make excuses. Acknowledged failures. Let's hope Vox will eventually see the error and move on to more fruitful endeavors.

This is an interesting theory about Owen influencing Vox. I don't know if it's true or not since I never watched Owen but it's a possibility.

I agree Vox brought up interesting content and even when he brought up Q he still had interesting content. My theory is he needed to be cool with the koolaid boomer crowd like Neon Revolt and Anonymous Cuckservative*. NR did sell a book and Vox runs a publishing company so one hand washes the other. That's probably why nobody he doesn't care. Every now and then Vox would write anti-boomer pieces and those pieces would regularly hit 200+ comments. I'll give him credit for screening out some of the Q boomer audiences. While Vox clearly is intelligent one of his dumber moments was noticing 17 flags...yeah I'm sure the "God Emperor" is becoming President now.

As for outstanding comments I remember sometime in 2017 somebody stated Trump wasn't going to save us but whoever followed was going to be the strongman the left will be calling Nazi. I wish I could find it, whoever wrote that was way ahead of the curve.

*AC comes off to me as a boomer cuck who might be tech savvy but the cuck remains a cuck at heart. I find it hilarious whenever somebody succinctly points out flaws in some of his more crazier theories he doubles down with 500+ word responses.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I completely agree that there was a before and after Owen Benjamin. Vox used to be very accurate with his observations especially in his book "SJWs always lie". He was one of the first persons who correctly saw through Jordan Peterson's heretical views of Christianity. Also, I find very odd that he tends to associate and defend people who are not only heretics (Owen Benjamin) but have a very anti-Christian worldview like Cernovich, or degenerates like Milo.
Although this rarely comes up nowadays in Vox's writing, he rejects the Trinity. It's probably not surprising that somebody who threw out orthodox Christology is quick to overlook the dodgy theological qualifications of his associates.

I dont think hes gotten dumber, I mean as smart as he is, hes also technically a grifter as evident with how he bandwagoned on various movements like the manosphere, gamergate, MAGA, comicsgate, and Qtards/Beartards.

He knows Owen is a buffoon, but he stays loyal to him for the grift. I recommend looking into Davey Crockos expose of him, he completely pants him by exposing the whole Unauthorized TV project as nothing more than a alt tech front for fleecing more money out of bears.

bucky

Ostrich
Alpha for making the comment.

Gamma for remembering one of your posts from 2017.

(Yes, I know I am gamma for bringing this to your attention. But this is not something I want to do. I HAVE to.)
Five out of five stars. More niche Vox Day humor like this that no one I know IRL will ever understand please, guys.

Yatagan

Pelican
Gold Member
I dont think hes gotten dumber, I mean as smart as he is, hes also technically a grifter as evident with how he bandwagoned on various movements like the manosphere, gamergate, MAGA, comicsgate, and Qtards/Beartards.

He knows Owen is a buffoon, but he stays loyal to him for the grift. I recommend looking into Davey Crockos expose of him, he completely pants him by exposing the whole Unauthorized TV project as nothing more than a alt tech front for fleecing more money out of bears.
Then there's the Patreon extortion attempt/legal fiasco, where he roped Owen and 72 of his "bears" into trying to get 3.5 million under the guise of "free speech" and now they're stuck taking the fall. Vox is a conman and a Nigerian 419 level scammer.
Starting an online cult is more profitable than an in person cult these days
Online cults don't have to worry about mask and distancing mandates too.

bucky

Ostrich
Then there's the Patreon extortion attempt/legal fiasco, where he roped Owen and 72 of his "bears" into trying to get 3.5 million under the guise of "free speech" and now they're stuck taking the fall. Vox is a conman and a Nigerian 419 level scammer.

Online cults don't have to worry about mask and distancing mandates too.
I usually only skim posts on Vox's blog once in a while now, so I didn't follow the Patreon thing very closely. Did "the bears" actually get stuck with legal fees or something like that?

Gazeebo

Pigeon
A quick google search shows Patreon is sueing 72 of his fans.

However its the only link I can find about it as well. Also it was updated about 5 days ago.

From the DailyDot (take with a grain of salt?)

That article doesn't say that they're on the hook.

BasedBaker

Sparrow
Was it Vox or Owen that duped them into it? Owen was never my cup of tea, but I heard that he conned the Bears into buying his new land in Idaho saying that they could come use it or something. Again, this is all second hand so I don't know what validity it has.

Gazeebo

Pigeon
That article doesn't say that they're on the hook.

Are you trolling me or did you just not read it beyond the first paragraph?

Via the article:

"Now Patreon is suing 72 of his fans.

"This lawsuit is about keeping hate speech off of Patreon," the company told the Daily Dot via email. "We won’t allow former users to extort Patreon, and are moving these frivolous claims to court where they belong."

Unlike the prior claims, the suit against Benjamin's fans is filed in California state court.

Patreon's previous terms of service required claims to be submitted to arbitration, like Benjamin's $3.5 million cause of action. An update to its terms of service that went into effect on Jan. 1 both prohibits users from filing claims based on the platform kicking off someone else and requires any who do so to pay the company's attorney's fees and costs, court documents state.

Benjamin's fans' claims against Patreon were filed on Jan. 6, according to court documents.

Thus, if Patreon wins the suit, Benjamin's fans could be on the hook for a significant sum, which may negatively impact their ability to chip in for the $1.5 million ranch in northern Idaho that he's lately been begging for cash to buy for himself."

Are you trolling me or did you just not read it beyond the first paragraph?

Via the article:

"Now Patreon is suing 72 of his fans.

"This lawsuit is about keeping hate speech off of Patreon," the company told the Daily Dot via email. "We won’t allow former users to extort Patreon, and are moving these frivolous claims to court where they belong."

Unlike the prior claims, the suit against Benjamin's fans is filed in California state court.

Patreon's previous terms of service required claims to be submitted to arbitration, like Benjamin's $3.5 million cause of action. An update to its terms of service that went into effect on Jan. 1 both prohibits users from filing claims based on the platform kicking off someone else and requires any who do so to pay the company's attorney's fees and costs, court documents state.

Benjamin's fans' claims against Patreon were filed on Jan. 6, according to court documents.

Thus, if Patreon wins the suit, Benjamin's fans could be on the hook for a significant sum, which may negatively impact their ability to chip in for the $1.5 million ranch in northern Idaho that he's lately been begging for cash to buy for himself."

No, not trolling. Possibly a mistake on my part. Doesn't the update clarify that they are no longer being sued?

Update 8:35am CT, July 31: On July 30, Patreon lost the suit in California state court. The claims will now be arbitrated individually.

Easy_C

Peacock
Alpha for making the comment.

Gamma for remembering one of your posts from 2017.

(Yes, I know I am gamma for bringing this to your attention. But this is not something I want to do. I HAVE to.)

I don't remember specific posts I've made, only opinions that I've held and that might have been me because the post describes an opinion I've had for a long time.