The Vox Day thread

Hermetic Seal

Pelican
Orthodox
Gold Member
Ah yes, the infamous Roosh V Washington DC press conference. Does that video still survive somewhere? Seems to have disappeared in the Unjust YouTube Purge.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Ah yes, the infamous Roosh V Washington DC press conference. Does that video still survive somewhere? Seems to have disappeared in the Unjust YouTube Purge.

bucky

Ostrich
Great quote from Vox today in a post about Rush Limbaugh:

"It is intriguing to observe that the more successful you are, the more fearful you appear to become if you do not fear God only. If your soul has a price, whatever it might be, sooner or later the Devil will find a way to make you an offer."

Jünger

Ostrich
And just to make things clear for those who continue to falsely assert that I am an Armenian, an Arminian, an Arian, an Athanasian, or anything else, I will not hesitate to take anyone's witch test.

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, begotten of the Father, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father; by whom all things were made; who for us men, and for our salvation, came down and was incarnate and was made man; he suffered, and the third day he rose again, ascended into heaven; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

And in the Holy Ghost.

So if anyone asks you what I believe, you can tell them that. Verbatim. Although if I had written it, I would have added the words "and died on the Cross" after "suffered". I also prefer "Spirit" to "Ghost", but that's merely personal preference.

West_001

Robin
It seems you have a personal grudge against him that is impairing your judgment. He was making enough money as a comedian to purchase a Hollywood pad.
No fan of Owen. It appears to me that his form celebrity status didn't work out for him or reached its limit. Instead he rebranded himself to capture a different and concentrated audience.

Vox Day is not a Christian.

Christians believe in The Trinity.

Vox Day does not believe in The Trinity.

Therefore Vox Day is not a Christian.

And a more recent post of his here:

He does not believe in the Trinity.

He is not a Christian for the same reason Mitt Romney is not a Christian. He could be a very nice guy in person, but he is not a Christian. Without the Trinity, The Lord is a mere man, The Lord may be the greatest-man-evah!!11!, but under Vox Day's belief's, The Lord is not God. Man cannot save man. The Church already made the determination that Arius was wrong, and Vox Day's belief's are most in line with Arius' beliefs.

In post 630 quoted above, I think it says a lot that he writes "very God of very God..." I wonder if he is even capable of saying "Jesus Christ is God." He will say everything else... BUT THAT. I don't trust Vox Day because of that, and I wonder what "spirit" is really influencing him.

Vox Day is unsaved, he believes in (and is preaching) a false-christ, and his immortal soul is in serious jeopardy.

Peacock
Gold Member
However flawed his theological beliefs are, it's quite short sighted to put him in the same category as a Mitt Romney. There's a huge difference between outright satanists like Romney (high-level temple Mormonism being a kabbalist luciferian dogma) and someone like Vox, who is, at the very least, a cultural Christian with some theological shortcomings.

You have to be able to sort through certain aspects of public personas like Vox, and know where a guy like him can be a solid resource on a whole range of issues, and where he can be well off the mark (which not only includes theology, but also his overly optimistic penchant for Qtardism).

Diocletian

Woodpecker
Vox Day is not a Christian.

Christians believe in The Trinity.

Vox Day does not believe in The Trinity.

Therefore Vox Day is not a Christian.

And a more recent post of his here:

He does not believe in the Trinity.

He is not a Christian for the same reason Mitt Romney is not a Christian. He could be a very nice guy in person, but he is not a Christian. Without the Trinity, The Lord is a mere man, The Lord may be the greatest-man-evah!!11!, but under Vox Day's belief's, The Lord is not God. Man cannot save man. The Church already made the determination that Arius was wrong, and Vox Day's belief's are most in line with Arius' beliefs.

In post 630 quoted above, I think it says a lot that he writes "very God of very God..." I wonder if he is even capable of saying "Jesus Christ is God." He will say everything else... BUT THAT. I don't trust Vox Day because of that, and I wonder what "spirit" is really influencing him.

Vox Day is unsaved, he believes in (and is preaching) a false-christ, and his immortal soul is in serious jeopardy.

From the first link:

It should not escape one's attention that if one insists on clinging to the doctrine of the Trinity, it is necessary to abandon the doctrine of divine omniscience. Obviously, I subscribe to neither, but it is not possible to subscribe to both.

Wow. I read VD occasionally, but I never realized he had such outlandish beliefs.

If God is not omniscient, then it follows that He is not actually infinite, and if He is not infinite then He can't be eternal or omnipresent or omnipotent, and from that He is neither perfect nor immutable. Taking all of that a step further means He can be killed.

Taking that even another step further, if God is not eternal then He must have had a beginning, and if He had a beginning then something else must have created Him and is therefore more powerful than God. If something else created God then that other "something" must also by necessity be a god and a more powerful god to boot.

VD isn't a Christian, he's a straight-up polytheist! I don't see how he could make any rational argument in favor of God over Thor or Dumuzi or any other pagan deity. The dude is a living argument against personal interpretation of Scripture. For all of his self-promotion as some kind of intellectual powerhouse he absolutely fails at basic reasoning.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
VD isn't a Christian, he's a straight-up polytheist! I don't see how he could make any rational argument in favor of God over Thor or Dumuzi or any other pagan deity. The dude is a living argument against personal interpretation of Scripture. For all of his self-promotion as some kind of intellectual powerhouse he absolutely fails at basic reasoning.
I don't think that's fair to say. When I followed him more closely he did a stream where he said he considers God to be akin to a more powerful video game developer who, if he wants to, can pause the game and find out whatever he wants to know about it. I still strongly disagree with that, as it of course denies his complete omniscience and omnipresence, but I do not think that is polytheist, or at a bare minimum that is not his intention.

Diocletian

Woodpecker
I don't think that's fair to say. When I followed him more closely he did a stream where he said he considers God to be akin to a more powerful video game developer who, if he wants to, can pause the game and find out whatever he wants to know about it. I still strongly disagree with that, as it of course denies his complete omniscience and omnipresence, but I do not think that is polytheist, or at a bare minimum that is not his intention.

I don't deny I'm being hard on him, but polytheism is exactly where his beliefs lead intentional or not. If you don't believe that God is omniscient then the entire idea of monotheism collapses. The guy often boasts about his extremely high IQ and superb mastery of multiple subjects so you'd figure he would understand the implications.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
is, at the very least, a cultural Christian with some theological shortcomings.

I think the phrase “some theological shortcomings” vastly underestimates the extent to which bad theology and/or bad Christology can undermine and twist a person’s entire life and worldview. If someone does not believe Christ is God, then the logical endpoint of that chain is that there is no salvation or theosis.

Christ’s two natures, as God and as man, are absolutely pivotal to soteriology. His divine nature is what deified His human nature, and it is that deified Body and Blood of which we partake in the Holy Eucharist. His deified human flesh, only possible due to the infusing of his human nature with the fullness of His divinity, is what allows us to mingle with said divinity and overcome corruption in our own minds and bodies as well.

He came as a fetus and lived the entire human experience, from birth to death to resurrection to ascension, as a hypostatic union between the divine Logos and humanity. He did this because that allowed every facet of human nature, life, and death to be reopened to divinity, ie, the gates of Paradise. As the Church Fathers said, “what is not assumed is not healed,” so He assumed all of human life.

If He did not have a human nature, then nothing was deified and we cannot be likewise deified. If He did not have a divine nature, then His human nature was not deified, His Body and Blood cannot be present in the Eucharist, and no aspect of human life is connected to God.

This is the basic understanding of Orthodox Christology, hashed out and debated over a millennium and a half ago, because the logical consequences of getting this wrong are devastating to one’s hope in the possibility of salvation.

There is an excellent book on this topic called “The Deification Of Man,” by Georgios Mantzarides, that lays all this out very straightforwardly.