The Vox Day thread

Elipe

Pelican
I don't think that's fair to say. When I followed him more closely he did a stream where he said he considers God to be akin to a more powerful video game developer who, if he wants to, can pause the game and find out whatever he wants to know about it. I still strongly disagree with that, as it of course denies his complete omniscience and omnipresence, but I do not think that is polytheist, or at a bare minimum that is not his intention.
The video game developer effect can create the impression of omniscience and omnipresence, if the game developer had knowledge of all probabilities at a given point in time. After all, if you follow in Vox's argument that God is a video game developer, then it also follows that he has the capability to extract out a snapshot of our universe and build a simulation of the future off of it using the probabilities as factors, but with the time factor compressed to infinitesimally tiny, so that the simulation plays out basically instantaneously. He would also, of course, be able to be "surprised", which is one of the things Vox says about God, that God is occasionally "surprised" in the OT. Or that he plans on doing something, and then "repents" of doing it when Moses or some other prophet talks Him out of it.

The traditional argument about those reactions of God is that they are anthropologizations of an infinite God, expressed for our sake as finite beings to better interact with us and teach us that our behaviors drive consequences.

BasedBaker

Sparrow
Vox is on point when he's discussing most things. However his Qtardism and Protestantism are wildly off base.

In my opinion Owen is someone to be taken as entertainment only. I feel for most of the Bears who take his words as their own personal Gospel truth and come back to drink his "gravy" daily as their daily bread. They lack discernment and are blinded by the chuckles and the rhetoric. I admit, he will make me laugh, and that's a good thing! But don't look to him for any guidance or as an authority on anything.

Chains of Peter

Woodpecker
Lately I've been having suspicions that Vox Day is a right-path occultist/light Luciferian. The disbelief in the Trinity/semi Arian Christology as well as the Q-ism are big tells.

Notice that the mask on his left sidebar has the pedo swirl on the chin.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Lately I've been having suspicions that Vox Day is a right-path occultist/light Luciferian. The disbelief in the Trinity/semi Arian Christology as well as the Q-ism are big tells.

I dont get that impression. I think the simpler answer is that he is very arrogant, and very intelligent. That makes it that he cant except the standard understanding and needs to create his own "more complete" understanding of religions notions.

I would not take seriously ANYTHING he says about Christianity.

He is better than a lot out there, but really his blog and books are about all that is worth investigating.
I frankly get the sense that he is a pretty insecure person. All the intelligence and success in the world cant make you happy internally if you feel inadequate in some way. He has also made some claims about being able to beat up Joe Rogan to the point that he has reviewed videos and critiqued all sorts of things about Rogan's potential ability to fight. To me it screams of someone who has been in very few fights, and someone who feels like they need to hoist themselves above others for the "look at me" factor....meanwhile inside they are thinking "If I say X Y and Z people will think I am tough."

Thats my dos centavos. I still read his books occasionally and will check out the blog. I disagree on almost everything he says about theology.... but then again, I dont go to my mechanic to get a lecture about Plato or Voltiare.....

LightofApollo

Sparrow
Woman
Vox's "q-tardism" is more a product of his brand than his personal beliefs. If you think Vox believes everything he peddles, you're his target audience.

He's not Protestant, outside of the wider Lutheran camp that all schismatics could be tossed into. I have him pegged as a Trinitarian version of a Unitarian. He even likes to call himself a primitive Christian, which is cute, because that's what one of the founders of Unitarianism liked to refer to himself.

In short, he's GNON.

Look at his allies: Owen is a Chrislamic Arian, with a stench of gnostic marcionism, who parrots whoever his handler is. When James True got his hooks into him, that's when all of his Baal-derived nonsense and "MUH CHURCHIANS" began. When Vox was his controller, he tricked everyone into thinking he was a genius, because Vox is a genius. Owen is a dumb and schizophrenic meat puppet. He's only worth following if his handler isn't crazy. He's his own handler right now, so take from that what you will.

One of Vox's biggest mentors is Martin Van Crevald. While a fantastic writer, and brilliant military mind, he is not exactly a follower of Jesus Christ.

Finally, we have St. Efan. As soon as Vox Day announced Molyneux's arrival to his platform with pride, any pretense that he wasn't GNON was gone. Unless that libertarian family hater suddenly found Jesus in his atheist dream journal...

If you're down with GNON, he's the bee's knees. If you're serious about Christianity, I would give him your money but not your attention. His books and collections are excellent, particularly his classics series.
His ego, and self-designation as SDL is not a sign of being touched by the humility of the Holy Spirit, but Castalia is a beautiful place. I'll continue to support it financially. I suspect that he is on the side of the angels without being one himself.
Or perhaps a dark, avenging angel. A harbinger of God's immune system. Yes, perhaps.

Lately I've been having suspicions that Vox Day is a right-path occultist/light Luciferian.
Is it only lately that you've begun a study of the occult? The two things may be related.

Last edited:

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
I just re-watched this. It's amazing how they came so unprepared and expected Roosh to fold like a cheap suit. The pressure really dissipated after that. I guess they found other interests and/or left it up to Amazon and the rest of woke corporate America to financially cripple him through cancel culture and ban him out of existence.

I mean, even Coinbase banned him - WTF? It's as if they share a list of people to pre-ban based on thought crimes. No wonder the "journalists" in that room didn't read the article before critiquing it - they're barely needed to zero out the enemies of globohomo.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
I just re-watched this. It's amazing how they came so unprepared and expected Roosh to fold like a cheap suit. The pressure really dissipated after that. I guess they found other interests and/or left it up to Amazon and the rest of woke corporate America to financially cripple him through cancel culture and ban him out of existence.

I mean, even Coinbase banned him - WTF? It's as if they share a list of people to pre-ban based on thought crimes. No wonder the "journalists" in that room didn't read the article before critiquing it - they're barely needed to zero out the enemies of globohomo.
Yeah manno.

Journalists are fake. They don't know how to read these days.

Hermetic Seal

Pelican
Orthodox
Gold Member
I dont get that impression. I think the simpler answer is that he is very arrogant, and very intelligent. That makes it that he cant except the standard understanding and needs to create his own "more complete" understanding of religions notions.

He is better than a lot out there, but really his blog and books are about all that is worth investigating.
I frankly get the sense that he is a pretty insecure person. All the intelligence and success in the world cant make you happy internally if you feel inadequate in some way. He has also made some claims about being able to beat up Joe Rogan to the point that he has reviewed videos and critiqued all sorts of things about Rogan's potential ability to fight. To me it screams of someone who has been in very few fights, and someone who feels like they need to hoist themselves above others for the "look at me" factor....meanwhile inside they are thinking "If I say X Y and Z people will think I am tough."

Thats my dos centavos. I still read his books occasionally and will check out the blog. I disagree on almost everything he says about theology.... but then again, I dont go to my mechanic to get a lecture about Plato or Voltiare.....

You nailed it. Maybe it was there all along but I don't remember this tough-guy schtick being nearly so prominent (if it was there at all) when I started reading his blog back in 2008 or so.

BasedBaker

Sparrow
Vox's "q-tardism" is more a product of his brand than his personal beliefs. If you think Vox believes everything he peddles, you're his target audience.

He's not Protestant, outside of the wider Lutheran camp that all schismatics could be tossed into. I have him pegged as a Trinitarian version of a Unitarian. He even likes to call himself a primitive Christian, which is cute, because that's what one of the founders of Unitarianism liked to refer to himself.

In short, he's GNON.

Look at his allies: Owen is a Chrislamic Arian, with a stench of gnostic marcionism, who parrots whoever his handler is. When James True got his hooks into him, that's when all of his Baal-derived nonsense and "MUH CHURCHIANS" began. When Vox was his controller, he tricked everyone into thinking he was a genius, because Vox is a genius. Owen is a dumb and schizophrenic meat puppet. He's only worth following if his handler isn't crazy. He's his own handler right now, so take from that what you will.

One of Vox's biggest mentors is Martin Van Crevald. While a fantastic writer, and brilliant military mind, he is not exactly a follower of Jesus Christ.

Finally, we have St. Efan. As soon as Vox Day announced Molyneux's arrival to his platform with pride, any pretense that he wasn't GNON was gone. Unless that libertarian family hater suddenly found Jesus in his atheist dream journal...

If you're down with GNON, he's the bee's knees. If you're serious about Christianity, I would give him your money but not your attention. His books and collections are excellent, particularly his classics series.
His ego, and self-designation as SDL is not a sign of being touched by the humility of the Holy Spirit, but Castalia is a beautiful place. I'll continue to support it financially. I suspect that he is on the side of the angels without being one himself.
Or perhaps a dark, avenging angel. A harbinger of God's immune system. Yes, perhaps.

Is it only lately that you've begun a study of the occult? The two things may be related.
This is probably the best take on Vox in this entire thread. I would say I'm in the exact same boat as you. The Junior Classics are superb and anyone reading this with children should buy the set.

In short, he's GNON.

This is the best take of any on VD in this entire thread. I would say I agree with you on it all. The Junior Classics are superb and everyone with children here should order the set.

This is also the most succinct diagnosis of Owen. This is what I was trying to relay but failed miserably. Has Owen and VD had a falling out since he is no longer under the control of VD?

LightofApollo

Sparrow
Woman
This is the best take of any on VD in this entire thread. I would say I agree with you on it all. The Junior Classics are superb and everyone with children here should order the set.

This is also the most succinct diagnosis of Owen. This is what I was trying to relay but failed miserably. Has Owen and VD had a falling out since he is no longer under the control of VD?
Vox Day are too smart to let Owen drag them down, and Owen is just smart enough to know not to cross Mr. Beale. Owen knows his IQ is significantly lower than Beale's, with a much less loyal, much stupider, fanbase than Vox Day's.

People who see "pedo swirls" everywhere are pedos themselves, and are excited by all of the imagery and symbolism available to titillate their secret taboo. That swirl there is a very common spiritual symbol representing the pneuma, or breath of God. Vox Day = Voice Dei = Voice of God = pedo swirls to basement dwelling losers who think their two weeks of study into the occult enables them to have an opinion on anything. You're either a troll or a pedo, and both get blocked.

Knopman

Chicken
I don't deny I'm being hard on him, but polytheism is exactly where his beliefs lead intentional or not. If you don't believe that God is omniscient then the entire idea of monotheism collapses. The guy often boasts about his extremely high IQ and superb mastery of multiple subjects so you'd figure he would understand the implications.
It isn't about his intelligence -- it's about his pride. I like him a lot and support unauthorized.tv, but when it comes to this he's way off the mark, to say the least. Maybe I could say that his pride is fed by his real intelligence; because he is so smart, he's deceived himself into thinking that he can know the mysteries of God.

Knopman

Chicken

I agree with you. I just posted a reply to a commenter on his views regarding the Trinity. A genuinely very intelligent man who has allowed it to feed into his pride and arrogance. You can't tell him anything. When it comes to the real world stuff, he's up there; top notch. But when it comes to Christianity he has a HUGE, HUGE blind spot.

Last edited:

Knopman

Chicken
Can someone tell me about James True? Who is he and what is meant by getting his hooks into him?

In short, he's GNON.

His self designations are tongue in cheek to troll (is that the right word) his critics/enemies, I think.

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
Vox Day are too smart to let Owen drag them down, and Owen is just smart enough to know not to cross Mr. Beale. Owen knows his IQ is significantly lower than Beale's, with a much less loyal, much stupider, fanbase than Vox Day's.

People who see "pedo swirls" everywhere are pedos themselves, and are excited by all of the imagery and symbolism available to titillate their secret taboo. That swirl there is a very common spiritual symbol representing the pneuma, or breath of God. Vox Day = Voice Dei = Voice of God = pedo swirls to basement dwelling losers who think their two weeks of study into the occult enables them to have an opinion on anything. You're either a troll or a pedo, and both get blocked.
Is this Vox himself? Vox is not a smart person.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
I've thought Vox has been posting very strongly in the past three days or so. Between posting about his Arkhaven venture, posting about resistance against corporate convergence, and posting about China, monetary policy, etc., he's had a very good streak. We need more people like this in the public conversation, and creating non-work platforms.