The Vox Day thread

Trewolla

Woodpecker
Protestant
Rhetorically. In a trolling, tongue-in-cheek manner. He doesn't actually call for boomers to be murdered. It's simply that he will be glad when that generation has gone. Don't take it so personally.

That has been the historical trend for superhero comics. However, you will find plenty of other comics on Arktoons that are not like this.

He is a Christian, yes.

He is different in older age, as we all are, but to say he has 'lost it' is highly debatable.

No, he doesn't.

Almost six weeks, lol. Must be a record.
Read until you're tired. You probably won't get to the end of it.

Trewolla

Woodpecker
Protestant
I find it more than a bit humorous that Vox has reached a state of age and baldness that he's considered a "Boomer" by many Millennials and Zoomers.

I warned him more that 10 years ago,...when he started his anti Boomer rants,..that if they ever came to fruition, he would be of an age to be at ground zero to catch the brunt of it.

Vox is a bright guy. But he lacks foresight.

He needs to have hair if he's going to be calling for attacks on old people.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
Rhetorically. In a trolling, tongue-in-cheek manner. He doesn't actually call for boomers to be murdered. It's simply that he will be glad when that generation has gone. Don't take it so personally.

That has been the historical trend for superhero comics. However, you will find plenty of other comics on Arktoons that are not like this.

He is a Christian, yes.

He is different in older age, as we all are, but to say he has 'lost it' is highly debatable.

No, he doesn't.

Almost six weeks, lol. Must be a record.
It takes a lot of flexibility to say he's not really calling for the death of baby boomers. I've had enough practice that I've become able to recognize when one of his posts contains a set of lyrics about the death of the baby boomers, so I can skim over it. That's pretty ridiculous that he's done it so often I've become practiced at avoiding them.

I hope your whole generation dies. Don't take it personally.

Of course I don't really mean this. That would be terrible to say or think.

7-5

Pigeon
Other Christian
He devotes a lot of time to it. You'll have to excuse me if I take calls for my murder "personally". Especially since he knows the real reason for America's problems isn't generational. The generations which are coming of age in America today are under the same influences that the Boomers were--and society is much worse today than it was during the Boomers.

If Vox Day is going to call one generation out, he needs to call all of them out.

But like I said, the problem isn't generational.

The problem is Satanic.
I'm going to politely disagree that previous generations are under the same influence as the baby boomers.

They grew up in a religious era complete with morality and sodomy laws. It's not like it was free of sin and decadence, but they had things that told them to work hard and not be hedonistic.

My own experience as a Millennial: all that stuff was to be hated and 'rebelled against' despite it never coming into our lives except secondhand from the people telling us to hate it and rebel against it.

If you saw a 'social education' video from the fifties on dating or appropriate conduct, you were meant to roll your eyes and make snarky comments at a minimum. You got brownie points for saying things like: 'oh, it's great how far we've come and thanks to the progressive influence on history/sexual revolution/the Beatles, we won't ever be so repressed again!'

This isn't hyperbole, I have distinct memories of my own mother being online in things like Second Life and watching those things with groups of friends, all making fun of it.
Times in high school when they showed such things with commentary over it indicating it's 'backwardness'.
Not to mention any of the myriad forms of media that lambasted that era and it's values at any given opportunity ('Pleasantville', anyone?)

I don't condone hating people on the basis of things they can't control.
I won't deny the children of the 60's their influence, either.
So when I heard Vox basically saying the same thing: I forgave (forgive) the vulgarity.

Trewolla

Woodpecker
Protestant
I'm going to politely disagree that previous generations are under the same influence as the baby boomers.
Satan has been around for a long time. The influence he managed to impose on the baby boomers was fairly subdued compared to what he put upon the millions who died during WW1 and WW2.

7-5

Pigeon
Other Christian
Satan has been around for a long time. The influence he managed to impose on the baby boomers was fairly subdued compared to what he put upon the millions who died during WW1 and WW2.
Those people might've had tribulations, but they grew up in vastly more moral environments than I or my Gen Xer parents got to.

Every vulgarity that has been embraced from Gen X onwards had its catalyst in the youth movements of the 60's.

What is so wrong about saying it was wrong? That the 'revolution in thinking' didn't deliver? That we should turn towards something else, even parts of what we had before?

I myself, every peer I have, am a product of that revolution.
I was a good footsoldier for it in my twenties, it made me miserable.
I'm in total rebellion against it now.

'Have fun and enjoy' is what we were told constantly. It's made people unprepared, gluttonous and anxious.

I'm of the opinion that we'd be less so with pre-60's values. I think that's where Vox is coming from to.

Carolus

Sparrow
Protestant
Satan has been around for a long time.
Ah, excellent! Well then, clearly no one is to blame...

Ever wonder why when people criticize millennials in general, every millennial doesn't get up in arms and take it personally? In fact, even many mainstream millennials are aware of some of the issues and are able to discuss them rationally.

But whenever boomers are criticized in general, the boomer takes it personally and tries to argue the point.

If you are, in fact, not a typical boomer, you should be more aware of how and why your generation has completely destroyed the west, not less. Check the recent French election stats if you want a small example of why boomers are disliked by younger generations.

Trewolla

Woodpecker
Protestant

Ever wonder why when people criticize millennials in general, every millennial doesn't get up in arms and take it personally? In fact, even many mainstream millennials are aware of some of the issues and are able to discuss them rationally.

But whenever boomers are criticized in general, the boomer takes it personally and tries to argue the point.

If you are, in fact, not a typical boomer, you should be more aware of how and why your generation has completely destroyed the west, not less. Check the recent French election stats if you want a small example of why boomers are disliked by younger generations.
I'm aware of how every generation since America was founded has led to its demise. And I'm also aware of why that is.

If you choose to point at the Boomers, then point at the Boomers.

But the problem isn't generational. It's Satanic. That's so evident today that it's impossible for anyone who is aware to argue.

If you want to argue the fact that you're unaware, then have at it.

Satan's influence in today's western society is as plain as the nose on my face to me.

If you don't see it, it's probably because you're not meant to,...and that's something to worry about.

7-5

Pigeon
Other Christian

You know, Vox has posted conversations like this on his blog.
I believed them but I thought they were interactions more or less unique to him because of the circles he ran in.

But here it is in front of me...

I really hope you can see it from our perspective someday.
God Bless.

Trewolla

Woodpecker
Protestant

You know, Vox has posted conversations like this on his blog.
I believed them but I thought they were interactions more or less unique to him because of the circles he ran in.

But here it is in front of me...

I really hope you can see it from our perspective someday.
God Bless.
I'm very aware of Vox Day's rhetoric. I'm quite sure that I've been reading his content much longer than you have. He makes some good points, but he also allows himself to wade off in the deep end of the pool where single minded dogma resides.

If he could ever develop a genuine perspective on the spiritual nature of the world today, he would be much more effective.

He gives lip service to the spiritual nature of the world's problems here and there,..but in the end he blames it on a generational problem.

He's not reached the point were he can truly accept that the problems of the world are of a spiritual nature,...although on occasion, he'll mention it.

Reading it,...speaking of it,..,isn't the same as internalizing it.

Vox has yet to reach the point where he can truly internalize that the problems of the world are of a spiritual nature.

In the end, he always blames it on the Boomer generation.

He's bright,...but incredibly shallow.

It's a shame. He has the ability to understand the situation. But he refuses to do so.

He'd rather just call for the euthanization of a generation and believe that it will fix it.

Satan will still be here when the last boomer is dead.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant

They grew up in a religious era complete with morality and sodomy laws. It's not like it was free of sin and decadence, but they had things that told them to work hard and not be hedonistic.

My own experience as a Millennial: all that stuff was to be hated and 'rebelled against' despite it never coming into our lives except secondhand from the people telling us to hate it and rebel against it.

If you saw a 'social education' video from the fifties on dating or appropriate conduct, you were meant to roll your eyes and make snarky comments at a minimum. You got brownie points for saying things like: 'oh, it's great how far we've come and thanks to the progressive influence on history/sexual revolution/the Beatles, we won't ever be so repressed again!'

This isn't hyperbole, I have distinct memories of my own mother being online in things like Second Life and watching those things with groups of friends, all making fun of it.
Times in high school when they showed such things with commentary over it indicating it's 'backwardness'.
Not to mention any of the myriad forms of media that lambasted that era and it's values at any given opportunity ('Pleasantville', anyone?)

I don't condone hating people on the basis of things they can't control.
I won't deny the children of the 60's their influence, either.
So when I heard Vox basically saying the same thing: I forgave (forgive) the vulgarity.
Ok, millennial.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant

1. Rationally one must admit that boomers have been guilty of various sins, for which they should be judged more harshly than later generations who did the same thing in larger numbers

2. Numerous "Day of the pillow" songs, accompanied by evil cackling (Note: the day of the pillow represents the idea of pillows being pushed into the faces of boomers en masse, until they are dead. This is against forum rules).

One of these things is not like the other, but they are being mixed up here.

I don't see how any Christian could say this is understandable, and if the shoe fits...

Last edited:

Trewolla

Woodpecker
Protestant
The Boomers I grew up around hauled hay and cut tobacco in order to afford an Edlebrok high rise intake to put on their small block chevvy engines in order to impress the girls at the late night drag races which occurred down at the 3 lane highway leading to the gaseous diffusion plant after the shift had ended and it was vacant

Woodstock was something on the TV. We didn't much relate to it.

Vietnam was a war going on somewhere far away that we might get drafted into. We didn't have much opinion on it or the soldiers who participated in it,...other than the fact that they came home wearing some very slick black satin jackets with complex stitchings of dragons and text which read "Rice Paddy Daddy" and such.

Nobody thought about spitting on them. We just wanted to hear their stories.

Besides,....most of them who came back from the war felt the need to go armed and in rural America at the time, shooting someone hadn't yet gone out of style. I know many of them yet. They're still armed.

So we just listened.

The Boomers Vox Day speaks of didn't exist where I lived. I don't think they existed very much of anywhere outside of San Francisco.

San Francisco was a rathole then and it's a rathole now,....as is the rest of the Pacific Coast.

Trewolla

Woodpecker
Protestant
I feel privileged to live in an area of rural America where anyone who chooses can still go armed. 9mm's have largely replaced the .38s and .357s which used to be prevalent. But you can go down to the local gas station/deli/pool hall with a Glock on your hip and nobody says anything,....and nobody spits on people,...and a lot of them are Boomers.

I like Boomers. The Boomers in rural southeastern America are genuine Americans.

Vox Day is always welcome to stroll down here and talk his trash to them.

I'd genuinely like to see it.

JoeChill

Woodpecker
Protestant
Gold Member
Vox is not a Christian. He doesn’t believe in the divinity of Christ which means…he’s not a Christian.
Are you sure? He denies the Trinity, but he seems to accept Jesus as God. From his book, the Irrational Atheist: "Fortunately, the Bible offers a way out of this apparent dilemma. It teaches that although the Deceiver rules over the Earth as the god of this age, he does not have the authority to prevent God from manifesting power on Earth through the person of Jesus Christ." Also from that book: "And while I am a believer, a non-denominational evangelical Christian to be precise, my purpose in writing this book is not to defend God, or even to argue for the truth of my particular religious faith."

Carolus

Sparrow
Protestant
(Note: the day of the pillow represents the idea of pillows being pushed into the faces of boomers en masse, until they are dead. This is against forum rules)

You are wrong. Day of the pillow does not refer to younger generations of westerners intentionally killing their parents/grandparents.

It refers to boomers getting killed in nursing homes/from bad medical care due to them importing immigrants, supporting diversity, and destroying institutions. Vox has stated this repeatedly. He is pointing out that these people have brought about their own demise.

Trewolla

Woodpecker
Protestant
You are wrong. Day of the pillow does not refer to younger generations of westerners intentionally killing their parents/grandparents.

It refers to boomers getting killed in nursing homes/from bad medical care due to them importing immigrants, supporting diversity, and destroying institutions. Vox has stated this repeatedly. He is pointing out that these people have brought about their own demise.

*ahem*

"bullshit"

Don't be a Vox bullshit spreader. It's beneath you.

Carolus

Sparrow
Protestant
*ahem*

"bullshit"

Don't be a Vox bullshit spreader. It's beneath you.

What are you claiming here? That Vox is actually lying and you can read his mind or that I am making it up?

How many elderly people were left on ventilators to die during covid? How many have died due to poor care in nursing homes because their children can't stand them and don't want to take care of them?

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catholic

Seems like it's the black people who always beat up on old whitey. Vincent James always puts up videos.

I can't see asians or Indians getting into that. But who knows, white privledge is pretty upsetting. I think immigrants feel sorry for old white people dying in homes. I could see shitty care, but not the pillow.