The Vox Day thread

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member

March Into Darkness

The Devil Mouse is making it harder and harder for its defenders to justify any parents permitting their children access to Disney material.
“Disney has announced that FX’s new animated horror-comedy series “Little Demon” will begin streaming on Disney+ in Australia and New Zealand on Wednesday, September 21, 2022. The series currently debuts new episodes on Thursdays on FXX and streams the next day on Hulu. The show is also expected to arrive on Disney+ in other countries,” according to Disney Plus Informer.
The cartoon takes place 13 years after an unmarried pagan woman is impregnated by Satan (voice played by Danny Devito) and follows her and her daughter (literally the spawn of Satan and referred to as the Antichrist) through everyday life. The series features demonic witchcraft, pagan rituals, gratuitous blood, gore, and nudity…
Disney seems to be dead set on continuing their march into darkness as we previously reported, Disney announced that they created a task force to create more LGBTQ content for children, and recently announced casting a drag queen in a new marvel comic series Ironheart.
Perhaps you thought I was exaggerating when I began describing Disney as the Devil Mouse. I wasn’t, and the mask continues to come off. So don’t support those who hate you, and especially don’t support those who hate Jesus Christ, America, and Western Civilization.

bucky

Hummingbird
Other Christian

March Into Darkness

The Devil Mouse is making it harder and harder for its defenders to justify any parents permitting their children access to Disney material.

Perhaps you thought I was exaggerating when I began describing Disney as the Devil Mouse. I wasn’t, and the mask continues to come off. So don’t support those who hate you, and especially don’t support those who hate Jesus Christ, America, and Western Civilization.
I watched the trailer. There are cast credits at 1:12. Looks like about half the cast are Juice, which I suppose will surprise none of us.

scorpion

Hummingbird
Gold Member

Vox Day's stunning business acumen on display once again. He disputes the details, but doesn't seem to dispute the fact that he somehow managed to lose $1 million that his credulous followers donated for his movie.

Hopefully no one here donated any money toward this debacle.

Jaybosan

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer

Vox Day's stunning business acumen on display once again. He disputes the details, but doesn't seem to dispute the fact that he somehow managed to lose $1 million that his credulous followers donated for his movie.

Daily Beast is a disreputable rag, so I'm inclined to believe the opposite of anything they say. That said, Vox has gone radio silent on the movie after hyping it up for a while. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I know more information.
I guess a movie from Supreme Dark Lord of the Evil Legion of Evil isn't in Gods future plans.
The title is him embracing what liberals and leftists call him. He has repeatedly said he is a Christian who believes in the Good, the Beautiful and the True. He writes and publishes books among other things; film-making was only one of the projects he has going on at the moment.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Daily Beast is a disreputable rag, so I'm inclined to believe the opposite of anything they say. That said, Vox has gone radio silent on the movie after hyping it up for a while. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I know more information.

The title is him embracing what liberals and leftists call him. He has repeatedly said he is a Christian who believes in the Good, the Beautiful and the True. He writes and publishes books among other things; film-making was only one of the projects he has going on at the moment.
I dunno. Vox has a huge ego. You'd expect him to clarify the incorrect info given his persona.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox

Vox disputes The Daily Beast's account:
It’s a pity this didn’t run in the Swiss media, or Will Sommer would quickly find himself being dragged into a police station to face an interrogation. I never had any access to, nor did I transfer, “the $1 million” to anyone, nor have I ever had any contact whatsoever with James Wolfgramm, Ohana, or any of its employees, associates, or principals.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
Vox disputes The Daily Beast's account:

He addressed it here as well. On the one hand, he says his people did all due diligence, and someone in the escrow company transferred the money illegally, so he and his management of the money are all clean.

On the other hand, what kind of escrow company did they use where something like this happens, without the escrow company having the entire liability in an open and shut case?

There's more to this story than has been revealed so far, but he is saying the details can't be released while the case is still in play.

scorpion

Hummingbird
Gold Member
This is the sort of thing that tends to happen to people with outsized egos who believe they are much smarter than they actually are, or more particularly to people who are highly competent in one area and erroneously project that competence into other fields. For example, doctors have long been prime targets for financial con men, who find them easy marks because they have both money and an inflated perception of their own intelligence, which lulls them into a false sense of security, as they believe they are obviously too smart to fall for any kind of scam (they're a doctor, after all!).

Vox has been shamelessly fleecing his own supporters for years, but it looks like this time he endured a shearing himself. Unfortunately, I doubt this experience will engender an ounce of humility in the man. He'll undoubtedly be back with some fresh, new grift before long. A leopard cannot change its spots, and Vox revealed his long ago.

DanielH

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I find it interesting that it is impossible for good high budget and captivating conservative and/or Christian movies to be made. There are essentially none in the past decade that fit that bar. Besides “Man of God” about St. Nektarios (which only had a limited release here), the closest ones I can think of is that pro life movie about Abby Johnson and the Matt Walsh documentary about “gender” psychosis (important to note Matt Walsh works for a Jew, Ben Shapiro). Still, after watching both of those films, I do not remember their names off the top of my head, which just highlights my point.

There is clearly something or some group preventing decent conservative and Christian movies from being made. There is such a massive market for it, yet there are no serious attempts at making high quality films about Christianity, or even just movies with strong conservative subtext. Most people never stop and ask themselves why that is. We get a gorillion Holocaust films, but no films about the Holodomor, none about the early Church, none about the great Old Testament Prophets, none about great saints like Saints Constantine or Justinian, whose lives are more than film- worthy, etc.

Last edited:

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
I find it interesting that it is impossible for good conservative and/or Christian movies to be made. There are essentially none in the past decade that fit that bar. Besides “Man of God” about St. Nektarios (which only had a limited release here), the closest ones I can think of is that pro life movie about Abby Johnson and the Matt Walsh documentary about “gender” psychosis (important to note Matt Walsh works for a Jew, Ben Shapiro). Still, after watching both of those films, I do not remember their names off the top of my head, which just highlights my point.

There is clearly something or some group preventing decent conservative and Christian movies from being made. There is such a massive market for it, yet there are no serious attempts at making high quality films about Christianity, or even just movies with strong conservative subtext. Most people never stop and ask themselves why that is. We get a gorillion Holocaust films, but no films about the Holodomor, none about the early Church, none about the great Old Testament Prophets, none about great saints like Saints Constantine or Justinian, whose lives are more than film- worthy, etc.
I know it's not an original thought, but the only people who really hit it big seem to be the ones who took the ticket from the system, and compromised themselves in some way, so they were made men and had to do what they were told.

Movies only get made by ticket takers, and the ticket takers would never be allowed to make a movie on one of these verboten topics.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
This reminds me of a situation with RVF member @Aurini, who tried to make a movie called "The Sarkeesian Effect: Inside the World of Social Justice Warriors". There was a similar situation of money raised by crowd funding, then somehow his partner in the project turned against him and hijacked the project.

Interesting fact: Davis Aurini is #11 on IMDB's most evil people in the world list, ahead of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

RVF Member Mike Cernovich is on the list to at #5, ahead of Donald Trump himself!!

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls565152195/?ref_=nm_bio_rls_1

Imagine how proud they must be to rank high on such a list! I'd love to have IMDB think I'm one of the most evil people in the world.

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
I find it interesting that it is impossible for good high budget and captivating conservative and/or Christian movies to be made. There are essentially none in the past decade that fit that bar. Besides “Man of God” about St. Nektarios (which only had a limited release here), the closest ones I can think of is that pro life movie about Abby Johnson and the Matt Walsh documentary about “gender” psychosis (important to note Matt Walsh works for a Jew, Ben Shapiro). Still, after watching both of those films, I do not remember their names off the top of my head, which just highlights my point.

Kudos to Mel Gibson for having broken this barrier several times, albeit several years ago now. I wonder where his movie project about the Rothshilds is now.

infowarrior1

Peacock
Protestant
Of course digital copies of the Bible could be subject to editing, like other books in recent years. That's a real and valid concern, but one completely different from the metaphysical speculation of the Mandela Effect.

If the Mandela effect can be real. Then the same can be applied to all the writings of the Church Fathers. And the implication of God's sovereignty being a lie.

Not LARPing

Banned
Orthodox
Kudos to Mel Gibson for having broken this barrier several times, albeit several years ago now. I wonder where his movie project about the Rothshilds is now.
I believe the film is still in "development hell", no new news since May 2019:

EXCLUSIVE: The starry Cannes market packages keep coming. Shia LaBeouf and Mel Gibson have been set to star in dark satire Rothchild about New York’s super rich.

Stan & Ollie director Jon S. Baird is on board to direct the feature, which HanWay will launch this week on the Riviera. CAA Media Finance is handling North American rights.

The project, whose title puns on the wealthy Rothschild group, charts how charismatic outcast Becket Rothchild (LaBeouf) plots his way back into his family’s riches, setting himself on a collision course with patriarch Whitelaw Rothchild (Gibson). On the way, he must infiltrate the weird and twisted lives of his super-rich kin including frat boys, hipster artists and reality TV stars.
The project was a 2014 Blacklist script by John Patton Ford and is being produced by Los Angeles-based production company Unified Pictures. Keith Kjarval (Dragged Across Concrete) and Tyler Jackson (What They Had) will produce alongside Black Box Management principals Lowell Shapiro and Mike Dill who represent the writer. Pic is due to go into production September, 2019 in New York.
Probably still needing money or the casting got delayed... Production was supposed to start Sept. 2019.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
He addressed it here as well. On the one hand, he says his people did all due diligence, and someone in the escrow company transferred the money illegally, so he and his management of the money are all clean.

On the other hand, what kind of escrow company did they use where something like this happens, without the escrow company having the entire liability in an open and shut case?

There's more to this story than has been revealed so far, but he is saying the details can't be released while the case is still in play.
Anyone who's ever used eBay knows whenever they see the word "escrow" to run as fast as you can in the other direction. I can't imagine anyone involved with handling that kind of money for a production wouldn't have the basic sense to perform due diligence, or find someone who can.

Agree with not taking the lib rag version of events at face value, but still, he sounds like a financial nincompoop.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
This reminds me of a situation with RVF member @Aurini, who tried to make a movie called "The Sarkeesian Effect: Inside the World of Social Justice Warriors". There was a similar situation of money raised by crowd funding, then somehow his partner in the project turned against him and hijacked the project.

Interesting fact: Davis Aurini is #11 on IMDB's most evil people in the world list, ahead of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

RVF Member Mike Cernovich is on the list to at #5, ahead of Donald Trump himself!!

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls565152195/?ref_=nm_bio_rls_1

Imagine how proud they must be to rank high on such a list! I'd love to have IMDB think I'm one of the most evil people in the world.
Seriously? A naked self promoting narcissist like Cernovich shouldn't be on that list, and a little known blogger like Aruni? No offense to him, but they must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel for villains these days.

This is the sort of thing that tends to happen to people with outsized egos who believe they are much smarter than they actually are, or more particularly to people who are highly competent in one area and erroneously project that competence into other fields. For example, doctors have long been prime targets for financial con men, who find them easy marks because they have both money and an inflated perception of their own intelligence, which lulls them into a false sense of security, as they believe they are obviously too smart to fall for any kind of scam (they're a doctor, after all!).
It would be interesting to see the professions of those sucked into the Celsius crypto mess.

Seriously? A naked self promoting narcissist like Cernovich shouldn't be on that list, and a little known blogger like Aruni? No offense to him, but they must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel for villains these days.

It would be interesting to see the professions of those sucked into the Celsius crypto mess.
Seems just some random user made the list.
Speaking of, I lol'd at bolsonaro, ron paul, xi jinping, greg cochran, paul nehlen...

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member

What Christian Men Should Know

A retired and repentant Master of Game provides a list of what he believes Christian men should know about women:
Assume that you will never change her
Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life. —Proverbs 31:10-12
that a woman is consciously deceiving you if she is open about confessing all her flaws and problems.
Read the whole thing. @Roosh definitely knows what he’s talking about, and it well behooves the less experienced man to listen to what he has to say on the subject. Ironically, it’s often the men who are least experienced and least successful with women who are most certain that they understand everything they need to know about the opposite sex.
This is not, in fact, true. The truth is that women are every bit as fallen, every bit as inclined toward evil, as men. It’s only that the way in which their fallen nature expresses itself is different in many ways than the way the fallen nature of man does that oftentimes leads men – even good Christian men – to believe that women are morally superior to men.
Number (9), in particular, is useful.