The war against Christianity.

rodion

Robin
Orthodox
I'm watching 'the Handmaid's Tale' right now and have just completed season 4. Couldn't Atwood have just as easily made Gilead a society founded by a cult? The assault on Christianity is obvious, as is Atwood's disdain for any religion against whose standards she is judged a misfit - which she is. Dystopian as Gilead is, one can't think of a greater human dystopia than extinction and extinction is what the US was facing while trollops twerked. In light of careless extinction, an orderly society with Aunt Lydia at every turn might not be the worst of all possible worlds.

Anyone who knows Toronto would laugh at it being a promised land. The only thing true about the depiction of Toronto is that conniving hordes from nasty and miserable places move there and very quickly put on airs, become hedonistic, and think they're better than they really are.

Whenever I see that show/book mentioned, I always think about a tweet I saw years ago that went:

“I don’t know what the Handmaid’s Tale is, but if women find it deep and profound, then it must be completely stupid”

LothropStoddard

Pigeon
Trad Catholic
Whenever I see that show/book mentioned, I always think about a tweet I saw years ago that went:

“I don’t know what the Handmaid’s Tale is, but if women find it deep and profound, then it must be completely stupid”
Hahaha. It's not completely stupid in premise but it drags on and seems to unravel in a contrived way that celebrates a twisted 'heroine' for fully losing her soul and for being a promiscuous, conniving, deranged hussy. There's no profundity to it, I think a lot of the female readers/viewers are just like the sheep taken in by June/Offred/Ofjoseph in the book/show - they are, as put by the character Aunt Lydia, misled by a Delilah.
Are you a masochist? Why would you subject yourself to four seasons of that trash? Life is too short to spend more than five minutes on Feminazi propaganda.
No, I'm not. My wife watches it and I have joined her. She's not a feminist. The show was interesting at first. I find it more amusing to hear the odd line from Commander Lawrence

BasilSeal

Kingfisher
Trad Catholic
Gold Member

Fuchsia

Pigeon
Protestant

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Reading the Bible in public is “no longer appropriate in modern society,” according to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

The UK’s main prosecution service made the claim in their argument against John Dunn, a 55-year-old street preacher from Swindon, southwest England, who was accused of publicly citing 1 Corinthians 6:9 in the hearing of two lesbians back in November 2020.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous2 will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: xneither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,"

At the time, the two women reported Dunn to the police for “biblical speak” and accused him of shouting at them that “they will burn in hell.” Dunn denied the charge, as he had previously lost his voice box to throat cancer.

The CPS accused Dunn of committing “hate speech” through the use of “threatening or abusive words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.”

Lawyers argued that the prosecution of Dunn was both “necessary” and “proportionate.”

“Whether a statement of Christian belief or not, the Court is being asked to consider whether the language has the potential to cause harassment, alarm or distress,” lawyers for CPS wrote to Dunn’s legal team.

“There are references in the bible which are simply no longer appropriate in modern society and which would be deemed offensive if stated in public,” they added.