The war against Silicon Valley has begun

kel

Pelican
Frank Dodd required banks to accept LGBT, diversity and a host of other democratic agenda items. That's one reason all big corporations support those agendas.

Imagine if Republicans required that ALL federal constractors:

I saw a tweet recently that commented on how the right has abandoned morality because that was seen as stodgy at best and fascist at worst, even though morality is where the right can make a case. The left makes everything about power, because the left covets power and seizes it. You could never shame the left into disavowing power the way you can shame the right into disavowing morality. So the right is always fighting in an arena where the enemy is stronger.

I saw a tweet recently that commented on how the right has abandoned morality because that was seen as stodgy at best and fascist at worst, even though morality is where the right can make a case. The left makes everything about power, because the left covets power and seizes it. You could never shame the left into disavowing power the way you can shame the right into disavowing morality. So the right is always fighting in an arena where the enemy is stronger.
Yes, also cuckservitives just wring their hands and say 'oh that's not fair' , 'oh that was an unfair supreme court ruling, but the law is the law' - while the left flagrantly disregards law - Mike Bloomberg 'didn't think it was right' to enforce immigration law.

Most all leftists are either afraid of/sucking up to power or seeking power. That's why it attracts such sociopaths - they have moral justification for their behavior...

Oberrheiner

Pelican
Can anyone explain to me what is cancel culture exactly ?
It appears it has no french translation (too reminiscent of the collaboration with nazi germany in occupied france I suppose ?).

I ask because samokritika is an old and known communist tradition, and it does not seem to be the same, like the guy pretends.

NightVale

Sparrow
Can anyone explain to me what is cancel culture exactly ?
Cancel culture is when the left tries to get someone fired or their business shutdown because of something they said or did or were accused of saying or doing e.g. when Amber Heard claimed she was the victim when she was abusing Johnny Depp people were demanding he get fired from the movies he was hired to act on.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
Cancel culture is when the left tries to get someone fired or their business shutdown because of something they said or did or were accused of saying or doing e.g. when Amber Heard claimed she was the victim when she was abusing Johnny Depp people were demanding he get fired from the movies he was hired to act on.

That's part of it. There is also deeper aspects that involve

- rewriting history to fit a new narrative (Hamilton the Musical)
- destroying shared cultural values (Broke, woke hollywood)
- destroying mainstream religion
- destroying families

Basically if something is good, moral or decent to society then 'Cancel Culture' will go after it.

Roosh should be proud...his Game books were part of the first wave of cancel culture when he got banned from Amazon. The left in this country has gone insane.

The left in this country has gone insane.
Well they seem to be winning, winning, winning...

I agree though a lot of the rank and file are literally mentally unbalanced as you can tell from their behavior and appearance. I I believe this is the result of unstable households, no community or family structure, meds, cannabis, nihilism - and four years of the media trying to create a hysteria.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Below is her full resignation letter, which she posted on her blog.

Towgunner

Woodpecker
Well they seem to be winning, winning, winning...

I agree though a lot of the rank and file are literally mentally unbalanced as you can tell from their behavior and appearance. I I believe this is the result of unstable households, no community or family structure, meds, cannabis, nihilism - and four years of the media trying to create a hysteria.

Why are they winning?

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Study Links Nike, Adidas And Apple To Forced Uighur Labor

Nike, Adidas, Apple, Microsoft and Samsung are among 83 multinationals that have been linked to forced labor by Uighurs in factories across China, according to a new study by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI). According to the researchers, Uighurs, a persecuted ethnic minority from China’s western Xinjiang region, have been funneled to work in factories in other provinces under conditions “that strongly suggest forced labour.”

The report estimates that more than 80,000 Uighurs were transferred to work in factories across China between 2017 and 2019. The period coincides with China’s campaign of mass internment of ethnic minorities in Xinjiang, which the government says is needed to root out terrorism and separatism. Some Uighurs have allegedly been placed in these factories straight from the internment camps in Xinjiang, where experts estimate more than 1.5 million members of ethnic minorities are being held.

Although journalists have in the past linked Western companies to forced Uighur labor, this is the first time the problem is made apparent on such a large scale, enveloping factories and supply chains across the country. The 83 foreign and Chinese companies that ASPI has identified as directly or indirectly benefiting from the potentially abusive transfer programs for Uighurs include clothing brands such as Adidas, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger and Uniqlo; carmakers such as BMW, General Motors, Jaguar and Mercedes Benz; and tech giants such as Apple, Google, Huawei and Microsoft.

Uighurs’ placement in factories outside Xinjiang has been conducted under a central government policy known as “Xinjiang Aid.” Factory bosses receive cash compensations for each Uighur worker they employ. Some companies have even advertised their ability to supply Uighur workers through online bookings. One such ad, claiming to be able to supply 1,000 Uighur workers aged 16 to 18 years, read: “The advantages of Xinjiang workers are: semi-military style management, can withstand hardship, no loss of personnel … Minimum order 100 workers!”

Although state media are claiming Uighurs are being compensated for their work, the ASPI researchers found they live in segregated dormitories, are unable to go home, and they undergo Mandarin and ideological training outside working hours, similarly to Uighurs in the internment camps.

In one case, a batch of “graduates” from a so-called vocational training center in south Xinjiang were transferred directly to a factory in the eastern Anhui province, according to a government report. The factory, Haoyuanpeng Clothing Manufacturing Co. Ltd, lists Fila, Adidas, Puma and Nike among its clients. Xinjiang workers have also been placed in factories that are part of Apple’s supply chains, including a plant in Guangzhou visited by Apple CEO Tim Cook in December 2017.

Some brands including Adidas, Bosch and Panasonic told ASPI they had no direct contractual relationships with the suppliers indicated in the report, but no one could rule out a link further down their supply chain.

“This situation poses new risks—reputational and legal—for companies and consumers purchasing goods from China, as products made in any part of the country, not just in Xinjiang, may have passed through the hands of forced labourers,” the authors said.

They added: “The tainted global supply chain that results from these practices means that it is now difficult to guarantee that products manufactured in China are free from forced labour.”

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher

Below is her full resignation letter, which she posted on her blog.
Really, really glad that Bari Weiss is gone from the Times.
What a terrible communicator she was. That gobbledegook of a resignation letter... I'm not even sure what she is trying to say.
I wonder if her boss even finished it.

I guess she's saying that the NYT is not woke enough somehow?
Anyway, if you ever need to be cheered up, just go read the comments on YouTube when Joe Rogan interviewed her. She is her own worst enemy.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Matt Stoller @matthewstoller thread continue
---
Yup. Three out of four big tech companies are repped by former Obama officials. Amazon is repped by Lanny Breuer, who was the Obama guy who made the call not to send any bankers to jail. (Of course he doesn't litigate, he is just the political heavy.)
I'm sure those attorneys are equally at home at team blue . . .
To be clear, no one has to follow the dictates of @Jim_Jordan's memo. @RepKenBuck, @JimPressOffice, and @RepMattGaetz
have all asked good questions at hearings, and they were working on this investigation before Jordan took over the committee.
"Likewise, suggesting that 30% is too much to charge developers raises additional questions, such as whether Congress is better positioned than business to gauge the best price for app distribution." jfc
"Even though the storefront is digital, Apple built, owns, and maintains it. Apple should arguably be the one to control it."
- @Jim_Jordan
staff memo
"First, and as a general matter, American laws do not seek to make the federal government a Monday- morning quarterback to second-guess business judgments based on vague socio-political goals or speculative concerns divorced from economic analysis."
- @Jim_Jordan
staff memo
The one part of this memo I do like is when @Jim_Jordan's staff surmise that Obama's FTC might have just been "asleep at the switch" during Facebook's acquisition spree Maybe changing the law isn't necessary, they posit, just having better enforcers. Ok fair.
"Fourth, and stepping back from Facebook’s acquisition of these two companies, a permissive approach to M&A may actually be one of the best ways to incentivize competition and cause entrepreneurs to innovate."

Assume every tweet from here on out on this thread has an eyeroll.
The memo has an entire section on how the Trump administration is already going at these companies hard on antitrust so Congress shouldn't duplicate effort.

In don't worry Trump is already prosecuting these big tech monopolies who are awesome and did nothing wrong.

Incoherent.
11h
"Antitrust exists to protect competition and the competitive process itself, not disgruntled individual competitors that run to Congress when they feel aggrieved."

Eyeroll Eyeroll Eyeroll Eyeroll Eyeroll...
---

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Much like the GOP, the tech giants are free market extensions of the deep state, in some cases literally birthed with millions over millions of US dollars provided by the CIA. This is a no-brainer strategically since "free market" companies are not restricted from abusing their reach the way the US government is, so instead of having to tip their hand on surveillance when they decide to tyrannize some rando they can just tell a judge to issue a subpoena to Zuckerberg who hands over the info no questions asked.

Google and Apple now have the ability to effectively unperson people from the modern world and since they're private companies (controlled by the deep state) under beloved capitalism nobody can say their rights are being infringed. Not only that, Google,/Apple/Amazon/etc devices (any smart device with internet and a microphone for that matter) can narc on you at any time of night or day directly to whatever government branch they deem relevant. Literally every word uttered in the vicinity of your smart TV is logged on the corporate servers. That's how they control the device. They receive your voice constantly, translate it to text, then send back instructions to your TV, so when you say "TV turn off" you voice goes to Sonycorp and Sonycorp's algorithm tells your TV to shut down.

But I know.

"Nothing is more important than preserving free market capitalism".

Last edited:
Much like the GOP, the tech giants are free market extensions of the deep state, in some cases literally birthed with millions over millions of US dollars provided by the CIA. This is a no-brainer strategically since "free market" companies are not restricted from abusing their reach the way the US government is, so instead of having to tip their hand on surveillance when they decide to tyrannize some rando they can just tell a judge to issue a subpoena to Zuckerberg who hands over the info no questions asked.

Google and Apple now have the ability to effectively unperson people from the modern world and since they're private companies (controlled by the deep state) under beloved capitalism nobody can say their rights are being infringed. Not only that, Google,/Apple/Amazon/etc devices (any smart device with internet and a microphone for that matter) can narc on you at any time of night or day directly to whatever government branch they deem relevant. Literally every word uttered in the vicinity of your smart TV is logged on the corporate servers. That's how they control the device. They receive your voice constantly, translate it to text, then send back instructions to your TV, so when you say "TV turn off" you voice goes to Sonycorp and Sonycorp's algorithm tells your TV to shut down.

But I know.

"Nothing is more important than preserving free market capitalism".

So they are "extensions of the deep state" using "millions over millions of US dollars provided by the CIA"... and this is an example of the free market to you?

If you mean that calling Google/Apple essentially free market companies is just a deflection, then I could see it.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member

Once again, a Spiritual War, not a Political one.

They don't 'lose', they get voted in by pretending they'll push back against Judeo-Masonic goals, then don't.

This isn't new. They've always been followers of Lucifer pretending to follow Christ, under the direct control of exactly who you'd expect, slowly boiling the frog.

mason - Copy.jpg

They've always been the Pacific Arm of Judeo-Freemasonry. Trump hasn't had a cabinet full of 'deep state spies' who have turned against him: they simply have been ordered to shift into Revolutionary Mode. The Catholic books from the early 20th century on this topic say they are given cushy jobs on the boards of the what *should* be the politically-opposing side, eg. Matthis, Paul Ryan. Note how quickly the Never Trumpers were accepted by the Leftist Media?

14ba856726b26602.jpeg

They're not going to protect you.

That's a damning passage of text quoted there.

It really has to make you stop and completely reconsider any notion of what conservatism really means.

I think most conservatives consider people Edmond Burke, who they have never read, to be the archetypal conservative, but if you look up wikipedia for conservatives they list:

Burke
De Maistre
De Bonald
De Chateubriand
Colleridge
Von Metternich
Disraeli
Oakeshott
Kirk
Scruton

I recognize Benjamin Disraeli and Roger Scruton.

If that's the extent of "traditional conservatism" of 150 years, then that's no very impressive.

What is conservatism even? I think this part of the quote says it:

"Guilty of the folly of martyrdom"

Conservatism is to turn an imagined inevitable defeat into at least an honorable defeat. That's "conservatism": resignation. It's the acceptance of modernity as a simple fact. I always sensed this resignation in most conservatives, including Scruton, a sense of retreat. No vigor.

Conservatism is to turn an imagined inevitable defeat into at least an honorable defeat. That's "conservatism": resignation. It's the acceptance of modernity as a simple fact. I always sensed this resignation in most conservatives, including Scruton, a sense of retreat. No vigor.
Man, that really strikes me in the feels. Even as someone who considers himself a far-rightist, I still internalize that loser mentality.