The War on Russia

Jünger

Ostrich

TXbro

Sparrow
Gold Member
How do you impose sanctions on a Bitcoin address?
You can flag an address and then flag all addresses that they are sent to. Actually, anyone can flag any address on any of the main blockchain explorers. SPLC and other groups actually did this with Andrew Anglen's Daily Stormer BTC address. Feds and NGO's would monitor the addresses that sent to Andrew's address. If the person that sent money to Daily Stormer sent it from one of the Exchanges like Coinbase, SPLC could get Coinbase to give the actual name of the person that sent it and then dox.

Then the exchanges can seize them. Businesses that accept Bitcoin payments can reject them. Of course there are probably some ways around this with "mixing" and after a bitcoin goes through various addresses then it gets more and more difficult to trace them back to the original address, especially when it's disbursed to multiple addresses.

EDIT: Sending to a political dissident's BTC address directly from your account on an exchange is always a very bad idea. I'm sure most people know this but some people have done this and had problems with doxxing.

Last edited:
I am a bit sceptical about this report. It's not how these agencies work anno 2021, although there have been similar reports on assassination attempts on Maduro last year

Posting it here anyway. The Russian and Belarusian intelligence agencies sy they have uncovered a plot to kill Lukashenko

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
You can flag an address and then flag all addresses that they are sent to. Actually, anyone can flag any address on any of the main blockchain explorers. SPLC and other groups actually did this with Andrew Anglen's Daily Stormer BTC address. Feds and NGO's would monitor the addresses that sent to Andrew's address. If the person that sent money to Daily Stormer sent it from one of the Exchanges like Coinbase, SPLC could get Coinbase to give the actual name of the person that sent it and then dox.

Then the exchanges can seize them. Businesses that accept Bitcoin payments can reject them. Of course there are probably some ways around this with "mixing" and after a bitcoin goes through various addresses then it gets more and more difficult to trace them back to the original address, especially when it's disbursed to multiple addresses.

EDIT: Sending to a political dissident's BTC address directly from your account on an exchange is always a very bad idea. I'm sure most people know this but some people have done this and had problems with doxxing.
Thanks for the great explanation. Now I understand why Anglin is so insistent on Monero.

Pretty new to this thread, but have been finding it increasingly relevant. Anybody keeping good tabs, I've been limiting my news intake, and I am a little behind on this story. As I understand, there is somewhere in the ball park of 100,000 Russian troops deployed on the Ukraine-Russo border? Is it really more saber rattling, or does anyone think that maybe Putin and the rest of the world see this as a prime opportunity to take what they want now that America is in discord?

Easy_C

Peacock
It’s not an unreasonable observation to make. It doesn’t require the US to “keep world peace” for it to en the case that it’s enemies would exploit the USA’s internal weaknesses.

* Updates on the May 9 plot to kill Lukashenko in the Twitter posts below.

I think it's likely this was supposed to be a one two punch. Start of the Donbass and decapitate Luka.

When are we finally going to see some real deterrence? Has the American ambassador in Minsk been expelled already? Have American networks in the country been taken out? Have Soros outlets bene shut down and the handlers imprisoned?

The Americans failed this time but if there is no deterrence they'll just try again, and again. Maybe Putin is waiting for NS2 to finish

* Articles related to the failed coup:

First article translates to English automatically

* And then there was of course this tweet..

* There is also a diplomatic spat related to the strange story that is now escalating related to a 2014 explosion on a Czech military base. Back then it was considered an accident, but now the Czechs are saying it was Russian intelligence officers bombing the base

* Also, as a final note, there is lots of talk about Putin's speech that is scheduled for the 21st. People within his circle say it's going to be one of the most important speeches in his career

-snip
Not sure what you’re trying to imply here. That America keeps world peace (lol) or Russian man bad.
I just meant that it does not appear to me that the NATO alliance, and "The West" is as strong as say maybe before the fall of Communism. In the United States, the country is nearly divided in half over masks, vax, "racial justice", etc. In terms of national power, Russia is an "adversary" for lack of a better word, but their political ideology seems more based at least at the current time. Maybe I am wrong on that? I just don't think it to be a coincidence that Donald Trump and Putin were able to get along what seemed to be just fine. Less than 4 months in office, Joe Biden directly labels Putin a "killer", and then refuses to debate him over the comment.

Putting a lot of things into context, I can't help but wonder if Democrat aggression against Russia is part of some bigger plot to instigate a hot/WW3 type conflict. Otherwise, is this whole thing just about Russia's sphere of influence in Eurasia? Lastly, if Russia has really deployed 100,000 troops (give or take) to the border regions, isn't he liable to do something? Is he that worried about the Ukrainian military going into Russia or what is it? Otherwise, a mobilization of that grand a scale seems to me to be a pretty large waste of money and resources EVEN for a taxpayer-funded military machine.

I'll close that I have not been following this situation for a long time, so some of you guys likely know a lot more. I am here to try to get more information, not necessarily make statements of fact or implications.

One region that hasn't been really talked about in this topic is the Arctic. All Arctic powers are very, very eager to establish bases in the Arctic and claim it as theirs.

For Russia it in specific it holds a lot of weight as they are eyeing for the opening of the Northern Trade Route (cutting travel time from East Asia to Europe nearly in half), thereby forgoing all the bottle necks in the Strait of Malacca, Bab al Mandeb, Suez Canal, Gibraltar etc.

Video on the situation in the Arctic

All of a sudden chatter is appearing in both US and Russian circles about possible escalation in the sense of cutting Russia off from the SWIFT system

Lavrov has made it clear that in case it happens Russia will be ready (they already have their SPFS available yet it's not in use yet. The funny thing is that it, again, will backfire tremendously as many countries will have to start using it for their gas purchases

The situation Ukraine remains tense, never mind that some say it has been de escalated. Zelensky can't withdraw without losing his head and he can't advance without losing his country. The Americans/British are still egging them on. Russia, Germany and France have no interest in any sort of escalation and are trying to work this out (through a summit/ possibly new deal)

Mysterious energy attacks on the White House. Everything 'mysterious' , 'likely' and 'according to independent sources'.

In addition, after the 2014 explosion in Czechia and the Slowakian Sputnik V vaccine overturn Russia is now also being accused of blowing up several arms depots in Bulgaria

It's clear what the US' goal is, cut Russia off completely from the rest of Europe. Some fabrications here and there don't matter. Cancelling NordStream2 will be the icing on the cake.

Border clashes between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. Both are former FSU and CSTO members. More work to do for Putin, can't have any unrest on its southern borders.

All of a sudden chatter is appearing in both US and Russian circles about possible escalation in the sense of cutting Russia off from the SWIFT system

Lavrov has made it clear that in case it happens Russia will be ready (they already have their SPFS available yet it's not in use yet. The funny thing is that it, again, will backfire as many countries will have to start using it for the it gas purchases

The situation Ukraine remains tense, never mind that some say it has been de escalated. Zelensky can't withdraw without losing his head and he can't advance without losing his country. However the Americans/British are still egging them on. Russia, Germany and France have no interest in any sort of escalation and are trying to work this out (through a summit/ possibly new deal)

Mysterious energy attacks on the White House. Everything 'mysterious' , 'likely' and 'according to independent sources'.

In addition, after the 2014 explosion in Czechia and the Slowakian Sputnik V vaccine overturn Russia is now also being accused of blowing up several arms depots in Bulgaria

It's clear what the US' goal is, cut Russia off completely from the rest of Europe. Some fabrications here and there don't matter. Cancelling NordStream2 will be the icing on the cake.

Border clashes between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. Both are former FSU and CSTO members. More work to do for Putin, can't have any unrest on its southern borders.

M8, can you give me a brief synopsis of what Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan would be fighting about? :D

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Any idea what the weather is like in Ukraine? They did not move all that gear to staging areas for show. They're still moving stuff as well.

And as I said a bit ago the US will threaten to cut them out of SWIFT and possibly go after those dealing with Russia. Plenty of economical weapons to use.