The woke capitalism thread [Get woke, go broke]

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios Casting Transgender Female Character – Could It Be Thor Character Sera?

PicsArt_07-29-06.57.41-e1564441144524.png

Exclusive: We at the GWW have acquired information regarding another casting that is underway for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, under the codename “Jessica.” The role is for an upcoming Marvel Studios project that is filming sometime in 2020, and thus the possible options are ‘Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings’, ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’, ‘Loki’, ‘Hawkeye’, or ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’.

“Jessica” is a role for a transwoman actress of any ethnicity in her 20s to 30s. With Marvel Studios’ recent trend of diversifying existing characters for Phase Four, such as changing the Eternals’ Makkari from a white male character to a black, deaf female, “Jessica” could be any character in any of the projects aforementioned. However, I think the role is for ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’, as the casting breakdown calls for “transgender actresses only.” Therefore it could very well be Marvel’s only existing transwoman superhero: Sera.

In the comics, Sera is an Anchorite, a small group of male, wingless Angels who were kept inside a temple in Heven, the Tenth Realm. Sera was the only one of the Anchorites who identified as a woman, thus being the first and, so far, only major transwoman in Marvel comics.
She was kept inside the temple until she met Angela, Thor’s long-lost half-sister, and helped her defeat a monster. For her help, Angela freed Sera and they stuck together through many adventures across the Nine Realms, eventually becoming lovers.

Sera’s presence in ‘Love and Thunder’ would suggest that the Tenth Realm will play a major role in the movie. In the comics, the Tenth Realm, Heven, was once connected to Yggdrasil, but the Angels started a war against Asgard and the Queen of the Angels seemingly killed Odin’s daughter, Aldrif. As punishment, Odin sealed off Heven from the other Nine Realms and the Angels would live in solitude. As it turned out, however, Aldrif was alive, kidnapped and raised as Angela in Heven. When Thor and Loki discovered this, they reopened the door to Heven. Later, in the War of Realms storyline, the Angels invaded Midgard and Asgardia. These elements could be used in ‘Love and Thunder’ to make the Angels the primary antagonists against New Asgard. Perhaps Sera will be the queen Valkyrie is looking for, if not Jane Foster herself.

Taika Waititi (‘Hunt for the Wilderpeople’, ‘Thor: Ragnarok’) will write and direct ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’, which will see the return of Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, and Natalie Portman. It will film in Sydney, Australia in August 2020.

It will hit theaters November 5, 2021.

Richard Turpin

Kingfisher
Again, I really can't emphasise enough just how much money all this is saving me! Just a few years ago I was a certified Star Wars/Comics geek and would have watched all this garbage in the cinema and then bought the Blu-Rays! As it is, I've only paid to watch a handful of movies in the last few years and that was just 'cos my son wanted to see them. Now he's outgrown them and cares less about it than I do, I've no reason to give them another penny! This is what freedom feels like!

When I see lists of dozens of upcoming movies in the following franchises; Bond, SW, Marvel, Harry Potter, Disney, I just smile and mentally and tot up the hundreds of pounds of cash I won't ever be spending on them.

To be honest, there's so much anti-globohomo content on Youtube and Bitchute now that I can't even keep up with it. The very thought of me watching any of this mainstream propaganda is laughably ridiculous. It's important to still be aware of it (via other channels like this) so that you know what the masses are being fed, but hand over money for it?! Pull the other one!

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
With the new Mulan crap I get the feeling these soul-less executives are going to attempt to fund their indoctrination programs by routinely releasing a China-friendly movie that will rake in ridiculous amounts of cash and cover the expenses of their social justice flops.

They'll engage in creative book-keeping to make it look like Cosmic Karen 3 is remaining competitive with Mulan despite the former being banned in China and opening to empty cinemas at home. The Chinese market seems phenomenal though that window is closing fast as their own studios begin churning out better content than the Hollywood garbage.

Frankly I think it would be hilarious if China banned Mulan but I'm not holding my breath on that. Apparently there's a lot of Chinese money cycling through Hollywood these days.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Victoria’s Secret hires first tranny model

http://dlvr.it/R9fyX9

Victor has a secret for you!

I did not want to make a separate thread for this because we have too many tranny threads already

A man presenting himself as a woman will reportedly be modeling for a brand that markets itself exclusively to women.

Play Video
CLICK TO PLAY
Report: Scientists Are Creating Human-Monkey Embryos

According to Fox News, lingerie empire Victoria's Secret has hired its first transgender model — Valentina Sampaio of Brazil.

"Victoria's Secret has reportedly hired its first-ever transgender model — less than a year after the lingerie company came under fire after an executive made remarks about transgender people walking in its annual fashion show," reports the outlet.

Speculation as to Sampaio's inclusion among the Victoria's Secret roster began when the transgender model posted a photo of himself at a shoot with "VS Pink" on Instagram. Shortly thereafter, the Brazilian model Lais Ribeiro tweeted that she was "so happy" that Sampaio experienced his first photoshoot with Victoria's Secret.

The inclusion of Sampaio comes months after L. Brands' (parent company of Victoria's Secret) Chief Marketing Officer Ed Razek sparked the ire of social justice leftists when he told Vogue that little interest exists for plus-size and trans models on the runway.

"I think we address the way the market is shifting on a constant basis. If you're asking if we've considered putting a transgender model in the show or looked at putting a plus-size model in the show, we have," Razek said, adding that the sister division, Lane Bryant, was created to fill that consumer need.

"We invented the plus-size model show in what was our sister division, Lane Bryant," he continued. "Lane Bryant still sells plus-size lingerie, but it sells a specific range, just like every specialty retailer in the world sells a range of clothing. As do we."

"We market to who we sell to, and we don't market to the whole world," he said. "We attempted to do a television special for plus-sizes [in 2000]. No one had any interest in it, still don't."

After significant backlash on social media, Razek later apologized, admitting his comments on trans models were "insensitive."

"My remark regarding the inclusion of transgender models in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show came across as insensitive," he said in a statement. "I apologize. To be clear, we absolutely would cast a transgender model for the show. We've had transgender models come to castings ... and like many others, they didn't make it. ... But it was never about gender. I admire and respect their journey to embrace who they really are."

Shortly thereafter, People confirmed that Victoria's Secret's CEO Jan Singer would be leaving the company, though no details were provided as to why. A week later, L Brands' chairman and chief executive officer Leslie H. Wexner released a statement saying, "I wish Jan well. I greatly appreciate her passion and know she will succeed in whatever she pursues next. We appreciate all that she brought to the brand."

Richard Turpin

Kingfisher
And here it is, at last. To the surprise of no-one, Disney has been forced to confront the fact that they've screwed the Star Wars franchise forever;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...children-despite-Disneys-4billion-buyout.html

Star Wars struggles to win over new generation of children as box office and toy sales fall despite Disney buying up franchise for $4billion
Star Wars has struggled to engage the next generation of kids, a report suggests
A third quarter report from Walt Disney Co. found less interest in the franchise
Star Wars themed attraction at Disney failed to bring in as many visitors
Newer films have also generated smaller box office returns
Toys have not been lapped-up like in previous generations

Unreal. Disney had no love for SW and just saw it as something to be milked for all it's worth. Same with comics and all the rest.

Toys for 'The Last Jedi' also struggled to make the cut, with manufacturers Hasbro Inc. claiming that they made a mistake, according to Bloomberg.

Their Chief Executive Brian Goldner admitted they should not have started marketing the toys months ahead of the film's December 2017 release.

BS and they know it of course. It was the characters stupid! Nobody wanted to play as those losers! Honestly speaking, I could have designed better robots, vehicles and characters myself and they'd be flying off the shelves. If they'd simply marketed the movies and toys to (shudder!) boys, then everything would still be rosy. As the parent of one such boy, I've been struck with how the whole SW franchise has simply breezed past him and his mates without even touching them. Contrast that with myself at the same age, when I was simply mesmerised.

< SJWs cannot create good characters. In fact they feel more with villains of the old stories. Thus they always have to infiltrate old popular characters and change them, because no one would give a crap about their own creations.

But one day everything is wokenized and it's game over.

And it's not even about progressives doing it - Rick and Morty are creations by leftists, but they left the wokeness mostly out of it creating interesting characters. Seth MacFarlane is also a leftist, but a sane one and thus The Orville is the real Star Trek while Star Trek Discovery is insufferable. And the Orville has some propaganda points in it that show Seth's viewpoint, but it's bearable, because the characters and the story follows ancient guidelines which work and are engaging. The woke shows however are set in parallel dimension where human behavior is reduced to a few points that do not make a lick of sense and do not resemble anything that anyone has experienced in real life.

Matsufubu

Pelican
Also, making your toy Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader have lightsaber battles like in the first films was fun.

Having your toy purple-haired feminist Holdo snarkily henpeck the only remotely cool/relatable character in the later film isn't quite so much fun.

Brother Abdul Majeed said:
This is a very small "get woke go broke" story, but it's extraordinarily satisfying to me, so I thought I'd share it. I hope you like it.

I'm building a house and a guest house in a rather remote part of the Caribbean, and I need to spend a hell of a lot of money on a solar system because there's no regular electrical service where I am. I'm building in the rain forest. It's a big job and I was in contact with the only guy around here who can provide such a service. It's a big contract, a very bigly 6 figure contract. We were in contact through email and through the builder who's building my house. I hadn't met this guy in person.

Anyhow, one evening, on the rare occasion I go into town, I'm in the local pub talking to other gringos, and the discussion turns to politics. The other three guys around me start harshing on Trump, as some Americans are wont to do these days. I interjected with a rather mild statement that I quite like what he's done with the economy and that I don't really understand why people have such a negative knee-jerk opinion of him. All three of them look at me like I have two heads and one of them pipes up and tells me That's because you're an idiot. Just like that, the guy doesn't know me from Adam. Never talked to him before. I'm a perfect stranger to him, yet he feels so confident to talk to me so rudely. Who calls a stranger an idiot?

As it turns out, this is the same guy who I'd been emailing and negotiating with to carry out the solar contract. It's the biggest job on the island, nothing like this will come this way for years. Someone pulled me aside after the comment because I was visibly upset at the time. That's when I learned who he was. He was the guy who wanted my contract. I cancelled the deal the very next day and I'm bringing in a company from Texas to do the job. It will cost me a bit more, but that son of a bitch will never get a penny from me. I know other people who need solar around here, I'll make sure to steer them away from him. He found out who I was the next day and wanted to apologise to me (my builder told me this). Sorry pal.

Get woke, go broke.

Late on this as I missed it when originally posted.

This is the realest gwgb story I've ever heard in my life. All these other stories are about faceless corporations but this one is literally about two dudes...one thinking he has all the answers and calling a stranger an idiot, only to have reality smash him in the face in the form of a solar contract lost.

How would he have even apologized? I'd have even less respect for him after that because you'd both know it was completely fake and disingenuous. Fck that guy.

BlackLeftLeft said:
Brother Abdul Majeed said:
This is a very small "get woke go broke" story, but it's extraordinarily satisfying to me, so I thought I'd share it. I hope you like it.

I'm building a house and a guest house in a rather remote part of the Caribbean, and I need to spend a hell of a lot of money on a solar system because there's no regular electrical service where I am. I'm building in the rain forest. It's a big job and I was in contact with the only guy around here who can provide such a service. It's a big contract, a very bigly 6 figure contract. We were in contact through email and through the builder who's building my house. I hadn't met this guy in person.

Anyhow, one evening, on the rare occasion I go into town, I'm in the local pub talking to other gringos, and the discussion turns to politics. The other three guys around me start harshing on Trump, as some Americans are wont to do these days. I interjected with a rather mild statement that I quite like what he's done with the economy and that I don't really understand why people have such a negative knee-jerk opinion of him. All three of them look at me like I have two heads and one of them pipes up and tells me That's because you're an idiot. Just like that, the guy doesn't know me from Adam. Never talked to him before. I'm a perfect stranger to him, yet he feels so confident to talk to me so rudely. Who calls a stranger an idiot?

As it turns out, this is the same guy who I'd been emailing and negotiating with to carry out the solar contract. It's the biggest job on the island, nothing like this will come this way for years. Someone pulled me aside after the comment because I was visibly upset at the time. That's when I learned who he was. He was the guy who wanted my contract. I cancelled the deal the very next day and I'm bringing in a company from Texas to do the job. It will cost me a bit more, but that son of a bitch will never get a penny from me. I know other people who need solar around here, I'll make sure to steer them away from him. He found out who I was the next day and wanted to apologise to me (my builder told me this). Sorry pal.

Get woke, go broke.

Late on this as I missed it when originally posted.

This is the realest gwgb story I've ever heard in my life. All these other stories are about faceless corporations but this one is literally about two dudes...one thinking he has all the answers and calling a stranger an idiot, only to have reality smash him in the face in the form of a solar contract lost.

How would he have even apologized? I'd have even less respect for him after that because you'd both know it was completely fake and disingenuous. Fck that guy.

That's a heart-warming story indeed - heh. Would have done the same of course.

It's not even that he is opposed to Trump that I would have an issue with. There are sane guys on the left too who can actually talk with Trump supporters politely understanding that they are not all evil racists there.

Agree to disagree and have a beer together would have saved that guy a huge order, but that is how the cookie crumbles.

And obviously we guys on the right are far more willing to work with lefties so long as they can remain respectful.

A good example is indeed the Hollywood media:

Star Wars abrasive commies:

The Orville success with fans of all political convictions created by sane lefties:

The thing that you have to realize is that this ever more extreme hateful reaction of the left - which is becoming mainstream - is by design. The goal is for the common brainwashed proles to have an instant hate reaction. Orwell was so much ahead of his time:

Every CNN program and college education is the equivalent thing of the 2 minutes of hate from those old books.

That is why the guy reacted with pure hatred and scorn in public towards a stranger.

budoslavic

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
Good article by Breitbart's John Nolte regarding Star Wars toys and theme park.
Nolte: Woke-Star Wars Toys and Theme Park Attractions Underperform

By John Nolte | 8 Aug 2019

Kathleen Kennedy, the feminist harpy Disney put in charge of Star Wars, has so damaged the brand that neither the toys nor the theme park attractions are performing anywhere near expectations.

Forbes reports:
Walt Disney Co.’s underwhelming theme-park attendance last quarter was the latest sign that the intergalactic saga isn’t resonating for younger generations raised on Iron Man and Fortnite. Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger was so sure fans would be blasting through the door that he had instituted a reservation system for visitors to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the new attraction at Disneyland. It turned out not to be necessary.

Star Wars toy sales popped with 2015’s “The Force Awakens,” the start of a trilogy that united Han, Luke and Leia with a new band of heroes, but have slumped since. “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” last year’s spinoff featuring the backstory of beloved characters, utterly bombed. “The Last Jedi,” the second in the new trilogy, was profitable but fell shy of its predecessor’s performance. The next installment, “The Rise of Skywalker,” will have the very future of the franchise riding on it when it debuts in December.

How in the world did Disney allow Kennedy to completely screw the most unscrewable of pooches?

It was so simple… Boys like to watch male heroes fight the villains and then go save the princess. Then, those boys like to recreate all the battles at home that save the princess. Then, at theme parks, boys like to enter a reality that recreates those battles that save the princess.

That’s how it is and that has how it’s been since storytelling began because, as the science informs us, boys and girls are different.

But, no… Kathleen Kennedy knows better… Her feministing trumps biology! So she honestly believed she could kill off our beloved Luke and Han, remove the princess by making said princess a GENERAL, make a girl the hero, all the guys sexist morons — including Poe, the only newcomer with any real charisma — and we boys would still come … but so would the girls!

Except that is not what’s happening.

And now the franchise is in serious trouble, not only at the box office, but at what has always been the most lucrative and no-brainer part of the Star Wars brand — toys.

Who wants a Rey action figure?

No one!

Who wants a Rose action figure?

No one!

By way of the great Ace of Spades, I came across this video that explains the Star Wars toy collapse much better than I ever could, and in a way the co-opted entertainment media would never have the courage to.

Two words: — Bolshevik Marketing:

As far as the theme parks, the brand new Star Wars: Galaxy Edge attraction, which was supposed to boom business at Disney’s Anaheim, California location, appears to have actually backfired:

Walt Disney Co. shares took their worst tumble in nearly four years after the opening of the most highly anticipated theme-park attraction in the company’s history fell flat, hammering results in its latest quarter.

Profit at the company’s domestic resorts slumped in the period, which was marked by the ballyhooed opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the largest addition ever to the Disneyland resort in Anaheim, California. A second version of the space-themed land opens in Florida this month.

So what does Disney have left?

Pixar and Marvel.

And what is Disney going to do to Marvel?

Marvel’s going woke in a big, Big, BIG way with gay and transsexual characters, with all kinds of representation and diversity and all that woke-horseshit that has nothing to do with telling a compelling story.

The next few years are going to be fun, because Disney and the rest are going to have to walk all this nonsense back if they intend to survive.

Lady Thor.

Lol.

< The problem goes well beyond Rose Tico. The wokeness already impacted movies like The Farce Awakens - it changes plots, it creates MaRey Sue characters and is boring as it does mostly reboots. Bad Robot of JarJar were redubbed Bad Reboot because that is what the fucker does - he is a one shtick-pony taking franchises and redoing them seemingly in a good way, but he tells shit stories and then destroys the franchises.

They wanted to make it all about "stronk wahmen" and they got it. No one gives a shit about it and little boys are not going to be playing with dolls - aka female characters.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Tumblr is... tumbling?

@danprimack
Automattic paid peanuts for Tumblr. Source familiar puts it well south of $20 million.

Reminder: Yahoo paid $1.1 billion for it.

@danprimack
1h
3/ Story updated: Price less than $3 million.

Verizon agrees to sell Tumblr to owner of Wordpress

Verizon is set to sell the social network Tumblr to Automattic Inc, the owner of online publishing tool Wordpress. A source familiar with the deal puts the price-tag "well below" $20 million, while another source puts it below $10 million.
The big picture: Tumblr, while unprofitable, hosts more than 450 million blogs and was once considered a major player in the social media space. The network was acquired by Yahoo for $1.1 billion in 2013, before moving under Verizon's umbrella through the carrier's acquisition of Yahoo in 2017. Verizon's desire to sell Tumblr had been previously known, but as of May, Pornhub had been the only bidder to show public interest.
Automattic Inc. will buy the network and take on its 200 employees.
Between the lines: Tumblr has faced backlash over the years for not properly monitoring pornographic content, which Verizon ultimately banned last year. Automattic's Chief Executive Matt Mullenweg told the Wall Street Journal that he plans to maintain the ban.

https://www.axios.com/verizon-tumblr-wordpress-automattic-e6645edd-bc73-45c2-9380-9fe8ca34291f.html

Being a bastion of coloured hair & crazy cat ladies surely didn't help.