The woke capitalism thread [Get woke, go broke]

Jetset

Ostrich
RE: Get woke, go broke

Kona said:
I think it's kind of funny. Colin Kapernick is like a SJW poster child, but Nike isn't too good with their human rights history.

Even funnier that he's the face of "Just Do It" because I believe the poor Bangladeshi kids that make the shoes think that slogan means "Just Shut Up and Sew the Shoes, and Maybe We'll Feed You" or something like that.

I don't really know how to handle this, because I already exclusively buy Nike in order to maximize the suffering of children in the third world.

Now I feel like I need to find another brand of slave. :-/

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member

Good old ESPN started down the path of the liberal and its been dying ever since.

Man...woman....peoplekind of the year!
Caitlyn-Jenner.jpg

DamienCasanova

Ostrich
Gold Member

Kona said:
Nike just made Colin Kapernick the #1 guy of the " Just Do It" campaign. Some people are pissed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colin-kaepernick-nike-ad-just-do-it-shares-ad-boycott/

I think it's kind of funny. Colin Kapernick is like a SJW poster child, but Nike isn't too good with their human rights history.

Even funnier that he's the face of "Just Do It" because I believe the poor Bangladeshi kids that make the shoes think that slogan means "Just Shut Up and Sew the Shoes, and Maybe We'll Feed You" or something like that.

Maybe this will be the downfall of Nike and Colinn Kapernick in one big swoop, and the Bangladeshis will be set free.

Aloha!

More like North Korean kids... when you manufacture all your products in China and NK's sweatshops...you're not going to be a fan of America First policies

Nike, NFL, and Levis Strauss Political Business Strategy – The Much Bigger Geopolitical and Trade Picture….
https://theconservativetreehouse.co...e-much-bigger-geopolitical-and-trade-picture/

On its face, it just seems absurd. Why would any major corporation intentionally stake out a branding position that is adverse to their financial interests?

I’ve spoken to some very excellent business actuaries on this late today; and one specific conversation finally helped to make it all make sense. During that conversation a good ally shared: “a multinational corporation would never make a branding decision adverse to their financial interests. Unless there is a hidden risk unrelated to what is visible on the surface.” ….BINGO, there it is, the lightbulb went on.

A hidden risk that likely has nothing whatsoever to do with Colin Kaepernick.

The bigger risk to Nike has nothing to do with Black Lives Matter, U.S. Consumers, or Antifa-like political advocacy. The bigger financial risk to the Nike Corporation has everything to do with geopolitics and a reset of international trade agreements.

Here’s the hidden aspect with research to back it up. Nike Inc. has hitched its massive corporate existence to a 10-year business plan that is dependent on the continuance of recently negotiated manufacturing contracts.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...stake-in-china-2018-03-29?ns=prod/accounts-mw

The contracts for the manufacture of the Nike products are almost exclusively based on international agreements with Asian companies. Some are ASEAN countries; but specifically the most quantifiable risk stems from Chinese and North Korea contracts.

“Apple, Nike and 18 other U.S. companies have $158 billion at stake in China trade war” (details)

President Trump is likely, some would say predictably, about to levy a massive round of Section 301 tariffs on imported Chinese goods. Nike would be one of the U.S. manufacturing companies hardest hit by such a move. The current Trump administration objective toward renegotiated trade deals with China represents the most significant and mostly quantifiable threat to the Nike business plan.

This is the epicenter of the issue.

The hearings on $200 billion worth of Chinese tariffs ended today. It is not coincidental that Nike stakes out a political position in opposition to those pending tariffs.

But wait…. it gets worse. The Nike contracts with China have almost certainly been sub-contracted to non-publicized, generally secret, manufacturing facilities in North Korea.

DANDONG, China (Reuters) – Chinese textile firms are increasingly using North Korean factories to take advantage of cheaper labor across the border, traders and businesses in the border city of Dandong told Reuters.

The clothes made in North Korea are labeled “Made in China” and exported across the world, they said.

Using North Korea to produce cheap clothes for sale around the globe shows that for every door that is closed by ever-tightening U.N. sanctions another one may open. The UN sanctions, introduced to punish North Korea for its missile and nuclear programs, do not include any bans on textile exports.

“We take orders from all over the world,” said one Korean-Chinese businessman in Dandong, the Chinese border city where the majority of North Korea trade passes through. Like many people Reuters interviewed for this story, he spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue. (more)

The people I have spoken to virtually guarantee that Nike goods and apparel are made in North Korean sweatshops. The contracts are with Chinese companies, but a corrupt Beijing process allows many -approved by China- companies to use DPRK sweatshops as sub-contractors.

Due to the scale of operations, Nike uses contracted manufacturing in multiple nations. The use of sub-contractors allows plausible deniability toward the North Korean facilities by the parent corporation signing the contract(s).

This presents a dual risk. #1 there are likely to be tariffs on Chinese imports; and #2 there are current sanctions against any companies operating in North Korea.

A multinational company doing simultaneous business with ASEAN nations, China and North Korea for the majority of their manufacturing is extraordinarily exposed to the risks inherent within a U.S. -vs- China/DPRK trade reset.

A 20% drop in Nike value (based on current evaluations), as a result of branding themselves with controversial and political Kaepernick, is nothing compared to the staggering financial risk inherent within multi-billion manufacturing contracts that can become worthless overnight.

Losing the entire supply chain, all future inventory and an inability to manufacture goods would cost much more than if half of the U.S. consumer base stopped buying Nike products. Many of the current DPRK sanction breeches have been overlooked (but not unnoticed) by President Trump and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

Therefore the Nike Company would be sympathetic to, and financially dependent on, alignment with the objectives of the Chinese Communist Party. In fact, with so much on the line, Chairman Xi Jinping would openly embrace and assist anti-U.S. endeavors around trade.

To that extent Beijing (the ultimate decision-maker and approval body) would willingly lower production costs to offset any drops in U.S. revenue for parent corporation, Nike. A rather interesting quid-pro-quo.

And that answers the question: “Why would any major corporation intentionally stake out a branding position that is adverse to their financial interests?”

They, wouldn’t; and they didn’t.

The Nike political branding position is reconciled when you look at the bigger picture and see where the real financial risk aligns. The Nike economic decision is to align with China, and by extension North Korea, for a position of mutual benefit. It is all about the proverbial $$$$ and Nike’s best financial play is to mitigate risk and assist Communist China in their trade strategy.

China is willing to subsidize Nike (lower production costs), and replace any dropped revenue, in exchange for mutually beneficial political opposition against Trump and by extension his policies that are a risk to Beijing. As a result there is minimal financial risk to the Nike Corporation.

And with the current multinational Wall Street agenda now being confronted, we should not expect this approach to stop at Nike. Likely, many more multinational (globalist) corporations, specifically those in the apparel sector, will stake out a similar position.

Remember, part of the NFL brand and business is also apparel; an industry virtually wiped out in the U.S. by outsourced manufacturing in Asia. Small companies, those more nationally minded, gain from the Trump business tax cuts, expensing and investment opportunities. However, the big brand Wall Street multinationals don’t benefit as much from Trump policy and are invested overseas.

Nike = Apparel
NFL = Apparel
Levi Strauss = Apparel

See the connection? Remember, there are TRILLIONS at stake.

The multinational Wall Street firms are aligning with domestic political positions that align with Democrats; that is to say they align against President Trump and the economic/trade policy therein.

The agenda is to defeat the Trump-trade-reset; however, they, in this example Levi Strauss, cannot openly side with China and Asia against the United States. The PR optics would be horrible…. So they do it covertly by supporting domestic political policies and opposition toward the President who is threatening the construct of their multinational business model.

Together the NFL, Nike and Levi Strauss stand to retain their current level of trade benefit (profit) if President Trump is blocked from instituting America-First trade and manufacturing policies. Supporting gun control (Levi Strauss) or supporting BLM/Antifa (Nike) is simply a tool to support the political opposition of the policy-maker adverse to their financial interests.

Can you see what’s happening?

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member

Nonpareil said:
I believe that this is currently the frontrunner.

th

But let's see how this Nike thing plays out.

I'm of the mind that this will be felt at home but the Chinese, all however the fuck many of them, who have zero time for this social justice faggotry but all the time in the world to status whore, will keep both Starbucks and Nike afloat.

Every time something like this happens, Trump gains 2 electoral college votes in 2020.

But how will they discern who gets cheaper coffee when you don't have......documents.

15208770.jpg

Nonpareil said:
I believe that this is currently the frontrunner.

th

But let's see how this Nike thing plays out.

I'm of the mind that this will be felt at home but the Chinese, all however the fuck many of them, who have zero time for this social justice faggotry but all the time in the world to status whore, will keep both Starbucks and Nike afloat.

Every time something like this happens, Trump gains 2 electoral college votes in 2020.

The Starbucks case is more complicated - Starbucks simply uses the massive Trillion-Dollar-a-Year US-diversity industry to squeeze out the competition and earn billions in real-estate gentrification processes. They also quickly close stores when the diversity gives them too much shit. In the toilet-case they did a few apologies and gave tens of millions $ to prevent worse things.

Something similar may go on with Nike and the new Chinese trade deals - affiliation with far-left Democrat base.

----------

A better case and one of the best is Disney and Star Wars and how they tanked the biggest movie brand in the world with their crap:

BN-XF212_fallba_4U_20180129115106.jpg

Solo - A Soy Wars Story cost them at least 200 mio. $ in net losses. And their toys made billions less in revenue even if they offloaded the first batch to ToysRUs (which contributed to their bankruptcy) and Hasbro.

------------

Pepsi:

The ad was disliked by everyone on the right and 30% of the ones on the left, so well-done.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member

The Female Farce Awakens....

Excellent short video that starts out with Kathleen Kennedy explaining exactly why Star Wars is failing

There is a Star Wars thread where this is discussed in more detail.... but I just had a mind blowing and infuriating moment when trying to make this post. At one point one of the people in charge of Disney's Star Wars said something along the lines of "We aren't making Star Wars for white males" so just now I tried to google that to add the quote to this post an the whole first page of google results (except one ROK article) are websites blaming "angry white men" for the downfall of Star Wars.... its like I'm living in the fucking twilight zone

Richard Turpin

Kingfisher

^^
Yeah, Cr33pin, I remember that quote. Just tried Duckduckgo and ran into similar problems; loads and loads of references to how the 'bombing of SOLO means Kathleen Kennedy was right' and shit like that. I'm sure I wasn't getting these search returns not so very long ago. Looks like they've been busy changing the narrative for us.

I did find a quote saying she doesn't have to 'cater to male fans';

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-male-fans/

But I'm trying my best not to get sucked back into talking about Disney's assassination of Star Wars, considering half of my posts so far are about that very subject and only now is the 'Star Wars doesn't need strong female characters' thread' dropping down the ranks.

But since we are talking about it, I'll just say this..

Disney have lost a fortune on TLJ and then SOLO with their marxist garbage. Not just with the lower than projected sales, but then they had to shelve future projects cos they've realised they've boiled the frog too fast and even Star Wars fans are starting to wake up. They even caused TorysRus to close down cos of all the un-sold toys nobody would buy. Rey dolls? Rose...? No thanks. Anyway, I'll stop now as I feel a rant coming on.

Thot Leader

Kingfisher
Gold Member

This topic always gets me thinking of conspiracy theories, i.e. maybe the true goal of these companies (particularly those in media) isn't to make profits but to affect the culture. Ex: between the 60s-80s there was a massive shift in the media to portray women as empowered, encourage them to join the workforce, etc. These shows/movies/books/magazines/ads made money for the companies that produced and promoted them, but whatever amount was made pales in comparison to the aggregate gain in social control that was made in the form of increased taxation, indoctrination, breakdown of the traditional family, etc.

Maybe the (((people))) in charge of media companies don't mind taking a financial hit every now and then.

Thot Leader said:
This topic always gets me thinking of conspiracy theories, i.e. maybe the true goal of these companies (particularly those in media) isn't to make profits but to affect the culture. Ex: between the 60s-80s there was a massive shift in the media to portray women as empowered, encourage them to join the workforce, etc. These shows/movies/books/magazines/ads made money for the companies that produced and promoted them, but whatever amount was made pales in comparison to the aggregate gain in social control that was made in the form of increased taxation, indoctrination, breakdown of the traditional family, etc.

Maybe the (((people))) in charge of media companies don't mind taking a financial hit every now and then.

Probably, but the scale in certain projects is just too massive. My guess is that they mis-calibrated in terms of how much propaganda they can get away with. Turns out that their idea of far-left indoctrination simply did not copy over to the real world. They control the media and the universities, but people on average are still long away from SJWs. And the worst thing about it - the SJWs don't even like or really consume the media that is catered to them. They can make all the SJW comics they like at Marvel Comics. Hardly anyone of those blue-haired bitches is going to buy it, because :
1) They are mostly broke
2) They don't care enough about comics, movies, Star Wars, video-games, superheroes etc.
3) They don't even like the stories they create, because the stories omit the basic fundamental story myths that keep you invested. The problem with propaganda is that cultural marxism and feminism is mired in lack of reality. So as strange as it seems - a character like Rey who is a total Mary Sue is even less liked by them on a visceral level. They may not admit it, but it will simply not tick off the boxes that are good story-telling points. That is why no one - not even the old ardent communists - were overly impressed with Soviet propaganda. It was just dumb and unrealistic.

Easy_C

Peacock

Amazing.

Every single time they finally seem to have something that’s sticking...they feel emboldened and do some stupid shit like this that burns the goodwill.

To answer my question from earlier they’re so out of touch they don’t know it. They’re extremely bubbled. Most middle managers on up are sheltered Suburban white people who went to an expensive Ivy League/private frat school on the parents dime ( Think “My dad owns a dealership dude!” types) who then go off to work for some useless white collar professional services role like big 4 consulting, marketing agencies, investment banking, or the like and then went to an MBA program full of similar white people and token “diversity” peers (who TOTALLY reflect the same kind of diversity working class people get) before going off to rotational executive development programs and ass kissing their way up the firm while living a social life straight out of SWPL.

I might, for reasons those who have met me can confirm, be extremely familiar with the type. They’re literally all like this and very few of them have ever thrown a punch or fixed a tire themselves.

It's really hilarious that they lost literally with EVERY GROUP AND DEMOGRAPHIC OUT THERE! They really made that shit-sandwich and ate it.

I am really laughing at NIKE now. Seriously - they should fucking stay out of it like Coca Cola. "We are for everyone and shit!" works well for them. But no - they probably thought that they are "making a statement".

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member

Get Woke, Go Broke: Evergreen State College Is Down To 300 New Enrollments
Daily Wire link

Two years ago, professor Brett Weinstein — by no means a "conservative" -—was driven off the campus of Evergreen State College in Washington for refusing to participate in a "day of silence" protest that mandated all white students and faculty leave campus. His response, which called for "tolerance" of opposing viewpoints (including opposing leftist viewpoints), triggered days of protests on campus that left administrators with no choice but to shut the school down.

Now, as the school prepares for its fall semester, the price of going "full woke" is evident: the school is welcoming the smallest incoming freshman class on record. Only 300 students have selected Evergreen State College for their education.

"This fall, we expect less than 300 freshmen to attend Evergreen, a fifty percent drop from two years ago," one Evergreen professor admitted on the site, Heterodox Academy. "It is the only four year institution in the state of Washington that has seen a decrease in applications, and is currently publicly funded for 4200 students, far greater than this year’s anticipated total attending class of 2800."

Evergreen has already suffered through cutbacks and staff layoffs. Earlier this year, the school put plans for an expansion on hold, anticipating around a 20% drop in enrollment. They underestimated.

[img=600x600]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kMEqtcAl14Y/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

Adonis

Pelican
Gold Member

The hacker known as 4 chan has struck again :laugh:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/n...ers-discount-to-people-of-color/507-594204014

Colin Kaepernick’s image appears on bogus Nike coupons that have circulated online in recent days, offering huge discounts “for people of color” in the wake of the apparel giant making the controversial quarterback the face of its new ad campaign.

The barcode included in one of the coupons, which can be found on 4chan, an online bulletin board where most users post anonymously, came up as “invalid” when USA TODAY Sports took it to a Nike store in the Washington, D.C., area. Nike sent alerts to each of its retail locations in the U.S. to warn employees of the dubious coupons.

Some of the early fake coupons detailed by Snopes included a QR code that when scanned read, “This is a ROBBERY, Move slowly and put all the LARGE bills in the shoe box OR everyone DIES.”

594205461_750x422.jpg

:laugh: