Peacock
Gold Member
budoslavic said:
Ouch...

Am I missing something? This seems like the opposite of woke advertising

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
^ While I thought the ad was positive (healthy lifestyle, weight loss), I was looking at it from a different angle based on the following:
- video diary = attention whore (Instagram, Twitter, etc.) for female fitness freaks/fanatics
- strong female empowerment (you go, girl! Pedal faster! Go go go!)

Too often, it’s typical to see the majority of women than men on the peloton bikes in the fitness clubs like my gym. And most of the time it’s the manly female instructors that lead the classes.

Still - the ad was attacked by SJWs - small stock reacts because there is some negative reaction by the bluehaired overweight Twitter SJWs. The reality is that sales likely won't get affected by it.

questor70

Ostrich
Simeon_Strangelight said:
Still - the ad was attacked by SJWs

The ad triggered their "do I look fat in this dress?" response. It was subtle and surely unintentional, but women are on a hair-trigger on that sort of stuff.

Funny how the SJWs feel entitled to be triggered over this ad but can't understand why men would feel triggered by the Gillette ad which is far more overt in its stereotyping and broad shaming language.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
budoslavic said:
^ While I thought the ad was positive (healthy lifestyle, weight loss), I was looking at it from a different angle based on the following:
- video diary = attention whore (Instagram, Twitter, etc.) for female fitness freaks/fanatics
- strong female empowerment (you go, girl! Pedal faster! Go go go!)

Too often, it’s typical to see the majority of women than men on the peloton bikes in the fitness clubs like my gym. And most of the time it’s the manly female instructors that lead the classes.

Ethics/morality aside, there's a powerfully red-pilled reason for female trainers. Suffice to say it doesn't involve her talking.

You want to break the Peleton world record? Just get a video of a woman with a great arse riding in front of you that gets closer the higher above your average you maintain (or pulls away if you slack off.) Same for running. Anyone who lasts a while in the sack will be well aware that they maintain positions and levels of physical output far beyond anything they'd bring themselves to achieve in an asexual setting.

I especially love the condescending line of the woke black 007:

"Stay in your lane or I will put a bullet in your knee."

I am sure that they cut the best scenes into the trailer - the woke shit is going to ooze out of every paper. Also they will have to make Bond look worse, dumber and weaker, which will make the black new Mary Sue Bond shine.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
If through some twist of events the pleasant and good-natured black Ms. Moneypenny became 007, no one would bat an eyelid. But their goal is to stick a nasty and utterly repulsive hag in our faces, not to really play around with female or African 007s.

N°6

Ostrich

I am sure that they cut the best scenes into the trailer - the woke shit is going to ooze out of every paper. Also they will have to make Bond look worse, dumber and weaker, which will make the black new Mary Sue Bond shine.

Threatening to “necklace” 007 might have been too close to the truth for comfort.

N°6 said:

Threatening to “necklace” 007 might have been too close to the truth for comfort.

Well - she grew up in Britain, so the knife would her choice of weapon.

[img=640x480]https://www.ft.com/__origami/servic...4e?fit=scale-down&source=next&width=700[/img]

Gotta ban knives.....

Athanasius

Pelican
Hallmark wants to make more Christmas movies focused on LGBT characters.

The Hallmark Channel had a quasi-Christian background. Their Christmas films are secular but G-rated, and the type of stuff that appeals to 30+ women. Typical is an 38-yr old attractive, successful woman executive meeting a handsome 40-year old lawyer. Despite the cliched stories and feminist underpinnings, the shows were at least festive and inoffensive, without the bad language, subversive cynicism, and immorality. They were probably the last secular movie holdouts from the poz. But sounds like next year that'll be the end of that and there will be a turd in every punch bowl!

TheBowery

Robin
Gold Member
Even a millennial female founded and operated startup is not woke enough, part of a trend:
https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/5/...korey-toxic-work-environment-travel-inclusion
https://techcrunch.com/2019/12/06/the-inevitable-takedown-of-the-female-ceo/
Not mentioned: Theranos, Ubiome, Nasty Gal, The Wing

Top comment:
"Ok, Male-led, all-white C level companies are under fire.... all .... the..... time. What has happened is that you are now becoming victims of your own making. Women, POC, and our friends in the LGBTQA+ have been made out in the media, and further by this article, to be a victim class, constantly stomped down by white men. So when a person from one of those groups does make it to the top, the expectation is that they dont allow the same injustices that they had to overcome are happening to their own employees. I mean, you call it out right here:"The ThirdLove article calls out that “at a by women, for women company” ThirdLove’s practice of discouraging salary negotiation was particularly disappointing."... and then go on to bemoan the fact that well... this happens at man run companies too and more often.

You want to be recognized for the difficulties you've had to overcome (real or imagined), but dont want to be called out when your company pushes those difficulties onto your own employees. Just pick one. Either youre part of a perpetual victim class, in which case you better work extra hard to not create victims yourself, or youre just like everyone else (you know, equality), and you'll be called out just like everyone else regardless of what "class" you belong to. I guess what it comes down to is that I completely disagree that women led companies are being called out in the media more often. It's just not true."

Good take of Morgoth on James Bond:

Bond was a male fantasy that was initially masculine, charming, fun - unapologetically self-confident always - confident of his malehood but also his country and nation.

Then came the more silly 1970s, but it was still fun.

Pierce Brosnan made it more serious, but he was still masculine and strong - though fun was getting on the short side.

Daniel Craig is the deppressed suicidal version of bond who feels bad all the time and there is actually zero charm and fun in him. And now in the latest movie they are going to shit on him for real. Even in the last movies he was depicted as a man who lost his touch and couldn't shoot straight because of "trauma".

And Craig indeed does not look as if he enjoys those movies because that guy is a full-on feminist progessive. Playing such a toxic male truly hurts him.

It will likely be the last Bond - it dies with Craig - the next one will be a total shitshow for sure even if they don't gender and race swap him.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Saw a reference along the lines of :
"Drudge Report was the site of Matt Drudge". Instead of 'is' the site.

Then there's this on Wikipedia :

In 2019, Rasmussen Reports stated that it had received unconfirmed news that Drudge had sold the site and was no longer involved in its operations, which would also explain the change in editorial direction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drudge_Report

Similar to the shift of Fox News as a whole. It's not that folk simply had a change of heart.
Rather, Never-Trump or TDS management have now taken hold.

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
CynicalContrarian said:
Saw a reference along the lines of :
"Drudge Report was the site of Matt Drudge". Instead of 'is' the site.

Then there's this on Wikipedia :

In 2019, Rasmussen Reports stated that it had received unconfirmed news that Drudge had sold the site and was no longer involved in its operations, which would also explain the change in editorial direction.

I hope Matt is just under a gag order as a condition of the sale. I'd like to think he'd come forward a let everyone know it's not him, it's the new owners.