The woke capitalism thread [Get woke, go broke]

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
The NBA may have come back to TV to play the second half of its COVID-delayed 2020 season, but judging by the dismal ratings, it appears the fans have not.

Ethan Strauss of The Athletic notes that the league’s ratings are coming in well under the pre-COVID break numbers.

ABC’s NBA broadcasts in 2019-20 averaged 2.95 million viewers, down from its 5.42 million during 2011-12, Strauss wrote. That is a 45 percent drop off.

Strauss also reported that TNT’s viewership is down 40 percent since the 2011-12 season, and ESPN has seen a decline of about 20 percent

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
While I was online when the MTV 'VMAs' were happening.
I figured I wouldn't comment, just to see if anyone else even bothered.

Seems barely anyone even bothered to watch, let alone comment after.

Nolte: Woke MTV Video Music Awards Suffer Ratings Collapse

Sunday’s broadcast of MTV’s annual Video Music Awards (VMA) collapsed five percent to just 6.4 million viewers across 12 cable networks.
In other news, the VMAs aired Sunday night. You probably didn’t know that.
We’re a long way from 2011 when 12.4 million tuned in.
Viacom broadcast this debacle on 12 networks. Twelve.
Why? If people want to watch the VMAs they can tune to MTV. Oh, yeah, no one watches MTV anymore. So they must be hoping you run across it accidentally and stick around for the trainwreck.
Because that’s all it is — a big, joyless trainwreck filled with scolding and lectures and virtue signaling.
Man, I’m grateful to not be coming of age in this era.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...v-video-music-awards-suffer-ratings-collapse/

RE: Get woke, go broke

I wish the BBC would go broke, shame they're a semi-governmental body that most people pay a licence for. I don't, thankfully.

From The Times:

Just when you think this shit has reached its zenith...

At a recent world science fiction convention in London, where the Hugo awards were given out, they had a tag system similar to this, but in regards to supporting the autistic and women. It was color coded, and if I recall correctly, green meant "don't talk to me!"

Heh.
Guess ol' Hollowood wants to make itself even more redundant...

Someone should make a movie about a time and place where there would have been no non whites. And make it an all black cast. And even make references to light skin even though no one has it. Then in the last scene have some white guy casually walk by in the background, break the forth wall and look at the camera as if to say what the fuck, then walk off.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Everything I've seen & read about the new live action Mulan - don't bother...

This is funny though.
When a serious film can be so readily mocked. You know you've messed up.

Disney's Live-Action Mulan Pitch Meeting

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Well...
That sounds like fun, especially for the MCU... :sneaky:

Pugh would also weigh in on the film claiming that it is about the “abuse of women.”
She told Total Film, “This film is about the abuse of women. It’s about how they get involuntary hysterectomies by the age of eight. It’s about girls who are stolen from around the world. It’s so painful, and it’s so important.”

Pugh went on to say, “Part of the excitement for me is that women and girls from around the world are going to see this, and are going to see an abuse story that really was challenged by its own victims.”

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Jennifer Lawrence sold a New York apartment recently (at a loss).
James Cameron sold a notable asset of real estate recently.

I've noticed a number of other Hollowood folk selling off notable assets, such as real estate.

Are they all struggling for cash while Hollowood is on halt due to the plandemic?
Or, more of an indication that Hollowood wealth is faked?

Fake news.
Fake celebrity.
Fake wealth.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Good luck with that Universal... :sneaky:

Internal Universal Films Memo Reveals Social Justice Agenda That Will Drive Content

Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG) sent a memo to employees on Friday announcing the members of an “inclusion committee” that will shape the makeup and culture of the company, as well as the content it produces, according to a copy of the memo obtained by The Daily Wire.
UFEG is a subsidiary of NBCUniversal and includes the animation studio DreamWorks, the film studio Universal Pictures, as well as several other influential entertainment shops. The memo, which was sent to UFEG staff, as well as to the employees of its affiliates, outlined its push to “increase diversity, equity and inclusion” company-wide.
The memo said the company will focus on five “pillars” of their agenda of diversity and inclusion: workforce strategies and practices, culture and belonging, creative partners and storytelling, business partners and practices, and social transformation. The company says that it will begin making business and partnering decisions based off its goals of diversity and inclusion as well.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/inte...social-justice-agenda-that-will-drive-content

Doomcock video :

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
I wonder if this girl realizes that they purposefully picked her because she's plain. The purposeful differing from their glamourous choices in the past.
Now in reality, it is absolute fine for this girl to be plain in real life. This is not intended to disparage her as a person.
Yet Disney / Marvel purposefully chose her cause she's plain. Must make her feel so proud...

So with that said, those of you who don't have a Disney+ account. Does this compel you to race over & buy one...?

Ghey...

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

homersheineken

Kingfisher
NBA ratings for the Finals LOWEST EVER, TWICE! :squintlol::squintlol:

NBA Finals Ratings Crash Again, Reaching Back-to-Back Historic Lows

Instead of a methodical seven game march towards an NBA championship, the 2020 NBA Finals have turned into a methodical march to the historic depths of television watching futility.

Game 1 of the Finals brought with it the lowest viewership since 1994, and Game 2 was the lowest ever on record. But wait! That was before Game 3, which beat out Game 2 by becoming the least watched Finals game in NBA history.

Game 2 earned a paltry 4.5 million viewers, while Game 3 submarined that number by peaking at 4.395 million. Mind you, this is a nearly 70% decline from last year’s Finals numbers which included a team from Canada. Not only that, unlike this year’s audience, last year’s audience was not on lockdown and did not include the game’s best player, LeBron James.

As Breitbart’s Warner Todd Huston reports:

This horrific collapse should not be surprising after polls have found that many fans now believe that basketball is far too political.
A Sept. 2 Harris poll found that 39 percent of respondent who identified as sports fans felt that the league was too political. And another 19 percent said that they had turned off pro basketball because of the NBA’s deep links to China.
The 2020 post-COVID season launched with the heavy-handed presence of the anti-American Black Lives Matter agenda.
And the BLM agenda stayed as a constant throughout the duration of the season. While LeBron James makes more than enough money to offset the ratings hit his league will take from his social justice activism, the vast majority of the league is not nearly as financially able to do so. A factor which should make for some very interesting player meetings and union meetings before the next collective bargaining session.