The woke capitalism thread [Get woke, go broke]

Monty_Brogan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
What's with ads and marketing materials in US having 80% Blacks? The overrepresentation is real.

They spend just as much if not more than women. Add in the “woke” factor, and add in the fact that they don’t have many responsibilities (housing vouchers, welfare, not much father responsibilities, right?) and you have the perfect little consumer.

Punchitchewie

Woodpecker
They spend just as much if not more than women. Add in the “woke” factor, and add in the fact that they don’t have many responsibilities (housing vouchers, welfare, not much father responsibilities, right?) and you have the perfect little consumer.
They have the same if not less impulse control than women. If athlete x wears a certain shoe watch them jog out to buy a $600 pair.

Jünger

Ostrich
Thats awful. The American Government has to do something or we are nothing but Plutocracy. A failing Government that fails to enforce constitutional rights is no Government for the people. Hopefully the Alex jones effect occurs and he has more people going to their website. Woke Capitalism is nothing but moral degradation of a nation and silence of any competition.

Kapslok

Chicken
Thats awful. The American Government has to do something or we are nothing but Plutocracy. A failing Government that fails to enforce constitutional rights is no Government for the people. Hopefully the Alex jones effect occurs and he has more people going to their website. Woke Capitalism is nothing but moral degradation of a nation and silence of any competition.
Your response is to have the government do something about it? Have you not been paying attention? The only people who can do something are you and I and our families.
The answer: Stop shopping at Kohls and BBB. Make sure your mom/wife/sisters aren't shopping their either. Email the company and let them know your decision. They'll get the picture if even 10,000 people do this

Your response is to have the government do something about it? Have you not been paying attention? The only people who can do something are you and I and our families.
The answer: Stop shopping at Kohls and BBB. Make sure your mom/wife/sisters aren't shopping their either. Email the company and let them know your decision. They'll get the picture if even 10,000 people do this
I agree with the second part of your statement about families changing where they buy a product or what they buy, but 10,000 people doing something dosen't affect the company if they sell a product internationally.
We need gov intervention because we are left with the idea of false choice. Going to a different store changes nothing if the store who host your product can cancel a contract at any time and faces no repercussions but 10,000 people not buying from them.
At the end of the day the government pulls the switch that protects free speech and free enterprise in the country.

Like I said if the government doesn't do anything we live in a plutocracy (we already do). I agree with you in the short tern 100%. listen to any libertarian in the 70s they only care bout money, losing a few million the U.S. is nothing. The only difference is the market is discriminating us and our beliefs, not the customer discrimination between products.

Companies like Bed Bath & Beyond played a key role in the Rise of China

They knew the manufacturers were setting up shop in China and happily partnered up to become distributors of the 'product'

From an in-store sampling I did several years ago, 80-90% of the items in BB&B are Made in China

By observation this seems to be much higher compared to other similar retail outlets

Ordered a new pillow for my wife direct from MyPillow. They sent an email saying that due to heavy demand they were two weeks behind. Turns out they sell sheets and towels too. Maybe we could use some new towels...

And, my family and I are done with Kohls. Their quality has gone down hill over the years as it is. Twenty years ago you could buy made-in-America dress shirts there. Last time I went it was no different than J.C. Pennys or any other clothing store in town--same stuff all made in the same sweat shops. For casual clothing I have had good luck hitting up the local thrift stores for pennies on the dollar for like-new clothing.

For the good made-in-America clothing, there are some links to them on the post for Amazon alternatives. The khakis I wear to work are made in America, bought straight from the manufacturer. A small outfit that I imagine is too busy sewing than to play politics.

Bed Bath Begone is over priced. Has been for years. Good for show rooming at best. And not a very good variety. A huge kitchen store and when my daughter wanted to try canning homemade jam a few months ago they had nothing related to that. The local Ace hardware store and the local grocer had more of what we needed.

A lot of these big box stores, they make money outsourcing manufacturing to China. So of course they will love Biden. Screw em all. Go back to made in America and do it by going straight to who makes the stuff. We do not want the big boxes to bring back manufacturing to America--we want the big boxes to go bankrupt. Thanks to this new fangled web thing, who needs the middle man? If people want to shop in person, then fine, there are probably some store fronts downtown that a mom and pop could set up.