The YouTube thread

RE: The YouTube censorship thread

It_is_my_time said:
Vladimir Poontang said:
If more people used the other video platforms that exist and have existed for quite some time now, this wouldn't be an issue. People should take advantage of alternatives so that they'll grow and become relevant, otherwise it's like not having an alternative at all.

Lots of people being banned already use other video hosting sites or even host things on their own websites. The loss of content isn't the issue. The issue is the loss of the audience. There are millions of people sleep walking while their way of life is being slowly and quietly destroyed. Reaching these people is the ultimate goal and that can only be done by going to the places they visit, such as Youtube.

First - of all - it's loss of substantial income. First there is advertising, but then even payment processing options.

Second - it's the loss of audience and audience that are not yet lost in pure Antifa indoctrination, but can easily be swayed with proper arguments as they see that something is not right in the marxist view of things. You simply cannot reach them anymore.

In this year there was this strange proposal for the UN to ban anime and manga. It was under the guise of banning pedophilia and violence, but it would have simply given them the tools to ban all Japanese content creators as they are beginning to be far more popular than the marxist comics in the US.

The reality is that manga is popoular for bringing non-marxist content and they cannot allow them to shape the minds of young people to such an extent. Also the Japanese are not going to change en masse enough to spout out only marxist crap like they do in the US now. So of course a ban is the only logical choice.

The UN is a pure globohomo organization and they went this way because no one else would have the power to outright ban the art of one country.

Masculine ethical humble heroes? Feminine hot women? We cannot have that!

Foolsgo1d

Peacock

I'm seeing some youtubers claiming it was some fag that got his feelings hurt? Was this from Milo trying to get Crowder banned?

Easy_C

Peacock

Libertas said:
I'm starting to get Gamergate vibes from this latest thing. It was too much, too soon. Lots of backlash from all sides.

Whether it can sustain itself like Gamergate did, is too soon to tell, but this was a big step. What hammers the potency home is the personality involved. Why is this GEEK that works for a rag mag like Vox getting to mass censor everybody from all sides? Never underestimate the visual.

I don't think you're entirely wrong. It kind of "feels" like this is significant.

I'm in some hobby groups on Discord. As you may imagine, there's plenty of raging lefties on there. A lot of THEM are furious about this and are angry at Maza. One guy is angry because he has a professor friend who puts up history lectures on Youtube. The professor was demonitized becaused he used clips of Hitler speeches for his lectures on the 1930s and World War 2.

If you're getting guys who are the target audience for Game of Thrones, Last Jedi, Marvel, etc. angry about the demonitization then you've badly, badly, miscalculated.

Easy_C

Peacock

Interesting tidbit that probably ties into this. Vox is suffering a walkout as their SJW staff protest for better wages and "fair severance".

I suspect that's not entirely irrelevant.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member

Rorogue said:
Beyond Borders said:
It blows my mind that these people think deleting videos and censoring ideas they don't like will do anything other than raise the volume of voices they mean to silence.

I disagree. I think the left is winning the culture war purely by brute force.

Dissidents are getting tired, and fighting amongst each other- See alt right figures, the manosphere feuds.

As things stand now, people not on the left have no real future in America as a collective.

Idea of a masculine revival in the west right now is laughable. The so called premier men's group 21Con is accommodating a cuck.

Men are dropping out of society at a rapid rate.

The idea of the 'Trad Life' and 'Muh big families' is laughable. Faith Goldy, the serious Christian, was basically found to have had an affair with Richard Spencer while dating her fiance.

The marriage and divorce laws in America give me nightmares, and I live in Australia.

The left is taking a leaf out of Islam's expansion, by converting or silencing by force.

Feeling just a great start to the morning after reading that.

The last survivors of the West, how it goes:

It_is_my_time said:
Vladimir Poontang said:
If more people used the other video platforms that exist and have existed for quite some time now, this wouldn't be an issue. People should take advantage of alternatives so that they'll grow and become relevant, otherwise it's like not having an alternative at all.

Lots of people being banned already use other video hosting sites or even host things on their own websites. The loss of content isn't the issue. The issue is the loss of the audience. There are millions of people sleep walking while their way of life is being slowly and quietly destroyed. Reaching these people is the ultimate goal and that can only be done by going to the places they visit, such as Youtube.

Yes the issue is the loss of audience, of course. But to build an audience on a platform that isn't going to ban you for no good reason, you have to use it. What everyone should have done was save every single video they made, and publish each one on multiple platforms.

Yes it can be time consuming to go through previous videos (some people have made hundreds) but over time it can be done, and in the meantime they can just publish for example 5 old videos for every new one.

Another option is to make every video private, and link to it on a blog, and promote the blog.

Roosh said:
Leonard D Neubache said:
No, Youtube is not committing suicide in the least.

The content they're eviscerating is a drop in the bucket of their overall repertoire of mindless dross. For every ME Jones video they delete there's roughly 1 million videos of puppies being puppies, all of which get ten times the views of the Jones video.

This is pure public square castration of Right wing outlets for which there is no applicable market backlash. You could attempt to boycott advertisers that use Youtube but there's simply too many of them and they all answer to the same masters anyway.

Enjoy the new normal and give some thought to how you're going to approach this next stage of affairs.

Correct, they are merely transitioning to something like an internet TV/music platform, with content provided by corporations and Hollywood.

Reminds me of when the local news started adding twitter comments in order to make themselves seem more current. Of course they're only reading out heavily curated tweets so it's the same kind of banal bovine commentary you'd get from a man on the street interview.

I suspect the next step is to have companies that manage youtube channels in order to negotiate and avoid any risk of demonetization, similar to how in the real world large companies control all the business because they can afford the legal resources to deal with a byzantine system of regulations. So if you want to make your puppy videos you join the media company and they pay you a penny for every dollar your content generates.

Barron

Ostrich
Gold Member

Rorogue said:
loremipsum said:
Rorogue said:
Beyond Borders said:
It blows my mind that these people think deleting videos and censoring ideas they don't like will do anything other than raise the volume of voices they mean to silence.

Dissidents are getting tired, and fighting amongst each other- See alt right figures, the manosphere feuds.

As things stand now, people not on the left have no real future in America as a collective.

Idea of a masculine revival in the west right now is laughable. The so called premier men's group 21Con is accommodating a cuck.

The idea of the 'Trad Life' and 'Muh big families' is laughable. Faith Goldy, the serious Christian, was basically found to have had an affair with Richard Spencer while dating her fiance.

The marriage and divorce laws in America give me nightmares, and I live in Australia.

The left is taking a leaf out of Islam's expansion, by converting or silencing by force.

Well that's a blackpill right there.
What now then?

God PIll.

I agree with the core of Roosh's new direction.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world".

You want a civilized society? Religion and God is what created almost all civilizations.

Turn to God and rely on God alone.

Sticking your head in the sand is the opposite of what Roosh is doing.

Please do not attempt to co-opt spirituality with your Black pill hopelessness.

God gave man free will, just because you've decided to check out doesn't mean other men with similar religious beliefs should.

Rorogue

Kingfisher

It's a common thought in religion- to rely on God alone for strength.

From that, you understand God has given you the ability to maneuver in this world. You will realise that by having a connection with God.

You totally misinterpreted what I was saying.

Barron said:
Rorogue said:
loremipsum said:
Rorogue said:
Beyond Borders said:

Well that's a blackpill right there.
What now then?

God PIll.

I agree with the core of Roosh's new direction.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world".

You want a civilized society? Religion and God is what created almost all civilizations.

Turn to God and rely on God alone.

Sticking your head in the sand is the opposite of what Roosh is doing.

Please do not attempt to co-opt spirituality with your Black pill hopelessness.

God gave man free will, just because you've decided to check out doesn't mean other men with similar religious beliefs should.

Barron

Ostrich
Gold Member

We're beginning to see that with this new direction will come all manner of fools looking to fill the void left by the forum changes with their own religious interpretations which they believe to be the one true way.

Go sell crazy somewhere else.

Rorogue

Kingfisher

Barron said:
We're beginning to see that with this new direction will come all manner of fools looking to fill the void left by the forum changes with their own religious interpretations which they believe to be the one true way.

Go sell crazy somewhere else.

Nope, considering the direction now set on this forum, I think my discussion of religion belongs here.

The 12 people who liked my 'black pilled' post seem to agree.

May God bless you.

Cumlluminates

Woodpecker

I call on YouTube to shut down this homophobic, bigoted, white male channel. I mean just look at his hateful video.

1snlpb4mdr231.png

Interesting...
bw751f84kr231.png

KmRMpXH.jpg

sb1mrzmlts231.jpg

CaptainS

Hummingbird

I noticed, going back a month or two, that a lot of the conservative podcasts are gone from YT. Dudes used to post podcasts and radio shows like Rush sans commercials every day. Now, they're gone in an hour if they're listed at all.

It's a funny circumvent way of censorship really if you think about it.

In the Soviet times it was top-down censorship with everyone knowing why certain content was banned. They used paid informants and apparatchniks who were hated by 80-90% of the people.

This time around they are first indoctrinating the people to willfully demand censorship. The main platforms are globalist-owned corporations and they simply "cave in" to the "popular demands" of moronic useful idiots who work at VOX or some newspapers. In reality they just use this as an excuse of "listening to the people" to do what they always wanted to do - restrict all speech that runs counter to their programming.

They are essentially first indoctrinating them.
Second they are giving those idiots the jobs since they most often work for them.
Third - they are doing what the idiots demand of them to do - something which they set out to do in the first place, but which would have gotten them kickback by the people if they went about it top-down like in the old communist times.

It's more proof that the marxists were always in control of the system and were just testing out things. We have advanced censorship now - one that the morons demand themselves while the majority just go along with it.

Employee of 10-billion-$ media conglomerate gay activist demands more censorship!
Billionaire owner of another media conglomerate who also has stock in the same media conglomerate says: "OK! The will of the people be done!"

7293_5d8e.gif

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher

The Making of a Youtube Radical

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

The threats, Mr. Cain explained, came from right-wing trolls in response to a video he had posted on YouTube a few days earlier. In the video, he told the story of how, as a liberal college dropout struggling to find his place in the world, he had gotten sucked into a vortex of far-right politics on YouTube.

“I fell down the alt-right rabbit hole,” he said in the video.

Mr. Cain, 26, recently swore off the alt-right nearly five years after discovering it, and has become a vocal critic of the movement. He is scarred by his experience of being radicalized by what he calls a “decentralized cult” of far-right YouTube personalities, who convinced him that Western civilization was under threat from Muslim immigrants and cultural Marxists, that innate I.Q. differences explained racial disparities, and that feminism was a dangerous ideology.

“I just kept falling deeper and deeper into this, and it appealed to me because it made me feel a sense of belonging,” he said. “I was brainwashed.”

----

Some young men discover far-right videos by accident, while others seek them out. Some travel all the way to neo-Nazism, while others stop at milder forms of bigotry.

The common thread in many of these stories is YouTube and its recommendation algorithm, the software that determines which videos appear on users’ home pages and inside the “Up Next” sidebar next to a video that is playing. The algorithm is responsible for more than 70 percent of all time spent on the site.

The radicalization of young men is driven by a complex stew of emotional, economic and political elements, many having nothing to do with social media. But critics and independent researchers say YouTube has inadvertently created a dangerous on-ramp to extremism by combining two things: a business model that rewards provocative videos with exposure and advertising dollars, and an algorithm that guides users down personalized paths meant to keep them glued to their screens.

---

Mr. Cain never bought into the far right’s most extreme views, like Holocaust denial or the need for a white ethnostate, he said. Still, far-right ideology bled into his daily life. He began referring to himself as a “tradcon” — a traditional conservative, committed to old-fashioned gender norms. He dated an evangelical Christian woman, and he fought with his liberal friends.

“It was kind of sad,” said Zelda Wait, a friend of Mr. Cain’s from high school. “I was just, like: ‘Wow, what happened? How did you get this way?’”

The article is somewhat lengthy, I just quoted some chunks so you could get the gist of the tone. It's the NYT so you can probably guess how they are spinning it. The powers that be are already prepping for even more heavy-handed censorship of right-wing online voices under the guise of "preventing right-wing radicalization."

Malone

Pelican
Gold Member

Simeon_Strangelight said:

It's a funny circumvent way of censorship really if you think about it.

Like always, this cuck's videos are about 10x longer than they should be.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member

BlastbeatCasanova said:
The Making of a Youtube Radical

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

The threats, Mr. Cain explained, came from right-wing trolls in response to a video he had posted on YouTube a few days earlier. In the video, he told the story of how, as a liberal college dropout struggling to find his place in the world, he had gotten sucked into a vortex of far-right politics on YouTube.

“I fell down the alt-right rabbit hole,” he said in the video.

Mr. Cain, 26, recently swore off the alt-right nearly five years after discovering it, and has become a vocal critic of the movement. He is scarred by his experience of being radicalized by what he calls a “decentralized cult” of far-right YouTube personalities, who convinced him that Western civilization was under threat from Muslim immigrants and cultural Marxists, that innate I.Q. differences explained racial disparities, and that feminism was a dangerous ideology.

“I just kept falling deeper and deeper into this, and it appealed to me because it made me feel a sense of belonging,” he said. “I was brainwashed.”

----

Some young men discover far-right videos by accident, while others seek them out. Some travel all the way to neo-Nazism, while others stop at milder forms of bigotry.

The common thread in many of these stories is YouTube and its recommendation algorithm, the software that determines which videos appear on users’ home pages and inside the “Up Next” sidebar next to a video that is playing. The algorithm is responsible for more than 70 percent of all time spent on the site.

The radicalization of young men is driven by a complex stew of emotional, economic and political elements, many having nothing to do with social media. But critics and independent researchers say YouTube has inadvertently created a dangerous on-ramp to extremism by combining two things: a business model that rewards provocative videos with exposure and advertising dollars, and an algorithm that guides users down personalized paths meant to keep them glued to their screens.

---

Mr. Cain never bought into the far right’s most extreme views, like Holocaust denial or the need for a white ethnostate, he said. Still, far-right ideology bled into his daily life. He began referring to himself as a “tradcon” — a traditional conservative, committed to old-fashioned gender norms. He dated an evangelical Christian woman, and he fought with his liberal friends.

“It was kind of sad,” said Zelda Wait, a friend of Mr. Cain’s from high school. “I was just, like: ‘Wow, what happened? How did you get this way?’”

The article is somewhat lengthy, I just quoted some chunks so you could get the gist of the tone. It's the NYT so you can probably guess how they are spinning it. The powers that be are already prepping for even more heavy-handed censorship of right-wing online voices under the guise of "preventing right-wing radicalization."

Leftists absolutely love fantasizing about the evil forces of alt-right "corrupting" previously normal family members, friends and neighbors and turning them into nazis. In reality, they're just projecting their own bigotry and intolerance.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member

BlastbeatCasanova said:

THE HORROR. THE HORROR.