[Thesis] Why do people migrate?

Seeing a former neighbor saying that it is wonderful to know the world (she lives in Western Europe), I researched Brazilian women abroad, and I ended up facing a text of the Roosh, where he said: "Brazilian women who live here where I live are few attractive, I suspect they come here, because they can not compete physically in Brazil. "

Returning to analyze this former neighbor... women would be unable to go alone abroad "only with body clothes". Analyzing her better, I think her parents sent her out, because she could not get married and no longer want a spending at home.

Now I will talk about the 2 types of migration (in my point of view; I am from the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul):

External migration (when people leave their home country)

Women: As previously stated, they go outside at the request of the parents;

Men: They can not compete professionally in their country.

Internal migration (when people exchange state within their home country)

People who come to my state: middle-aged men and formally work. I suspect that they are forenced from the justice of their native state (in Brazil, each state has their own system and there are no links between them).

People who leave here and go to the other states: women and usually go to Santa Catarina. Suspect that they leave their native state to stay away from relatives (of the 15 people I know they went to live in Santa Catarina, 14 are women and everyone, had a problem with some familiar). In journalistic materials, they say they go for better opportunities, but I find it meaningless, from the 700,000 gauchos living outside, only 35,000 went to financial center (São Paulo).

What is your vision about external and internal migrations?

Last edited:
Former location has less opportunities. New location has better opportunities. Former location more crowded. Newer location less crowded.

Similar to the Colonization of the New World by Europeans once the old Niches got too overcrowded and there was opportunity given.

Elipe

Pelican
Former location has less opportunities. New location has better opportunities. Former location more crowded. Newer location less crowded.
And in the case of modern (((migration))), because they're being given a free ticket and probably promised additional material gifts. Also because Western countries have higher standards of living, so it's a great place to go leech off them while the getting's still good while you contribute absolutely nothing to maintaining that high standard of living.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Question is whether they'll be better off eventually. Sure if you come from a poor country the material benefits are appealing, but you'll come in a cultural climate that is based on lies, deception and is frankly looking to destroy you. So what do you win eventually? Besides extreme poverty, also, poverty has always been an aspect of life. During the largest part of history everyone was dirt poor. Once again we have extreme cases, but in general someone living in countries that are often seen as poor/poorer like Bolivia, Indonesia or Laos has in many cases the best living standard materialistically compared to their fellows in history.

I've read that the European cities were overcrowded and dangerous when Columbus sailed to the 'New World'. Spain had a warrior culture due to the 'Reconquista' and it was convenient that the Muslims and Jews were expelled in 1492 (the same year Columbus discovered the New World). This Iberian warrior culture was transported to the Americas by the 'conquistadors'. This is one of the reasons that Latin America is a lot more violent than Anglo America. People had larger families in the past and more people lived on the land. In Great Britain the oldest son inherited the land / the farm and the other children would have to fend for themselves. Some would enter religious life and others might join the military. The British Empire served a useful function as it gave people opportunities that they wouldn't have had at home. Emigration relieves a lot of social tensions in a society (competition for scarce resources, employment etc.).