Things That Annoy You

Maddox

Robin
I wanted to start a thread for the little things about our society that bother us.

One of my main gripes these days is the chick who claims to be "the mother bear" around her friends. I've personally experienced this at least a few times where I've approached a woman and tried talking to her when one of her friends intervenes and prevents our discussion from going any further. She claims to be protecting her friend, but in reality, she's just giving herself an excuse to be rude to the man that isn't interested in her.

I never saw or experienced this pre-2000 so it seems to be a new phenomenon that was obviously born out of the feminist movement. Just another way for these angry, selfish, women to ruin a romance between two other people for their own enjoyment.

Stirfry

Woodpecker
I wanted to start a thread for the little things about our society that bother us.

One of my main gripes these days is the chick who claims to be "the mother bear" around her friends. I've personally experienced this at least a few times where I've approached a woman and tried talking to her when one of her friends intervenes and prevents our discussion from going any further. She claims to be protecting her friend, but in reality, she's just giving herself an excuse to be rude to the man that isn't interested in her.

I never saw or experienced this pre-2000 so it seems to be a new phenomenon that was obviously born out of the feminist movement. Just another way for these angry, selfish, women to ruin a romance between two other people for their own enjoyment.
My very first girlfriend in college had a roommate who was like that. This was years and years ago, very pre-2000s, so it’s not just a modern phenomenon. I remember the cockblocking friend more than the girl I was dating- her name was Libby, a big fat brunette with puffy 80s hair. Every time I tried to get anywhere near my gf while at her place, if Libby was around she stepped in. She was a miserable fat blob who hated me for absolutely no reason. I wasn’t a “Chad”, I wasn’t being overly pushy and controlling, I just wanted some time alone with a very cute girl.

And yes, I agree, even back then I felt like she was angry because her roommate was pretty and attracting a lot of male interest while Libby was a repulsive fat pig.

Garuda

Kingfisher
I think the whole angry cockblocker thing is linked to social media. They're jealous that their supposed bffs get way more comments online than they do.

The one thing that I find annoying are furparents. It's an animal not a kid. Putting a cat in a stroller is for five year olds.

The mindless aggression one so often encounters while driving is very annoying. Almost every time I go somewhere I have to put up with insolent pigs getting as close as they can. I don't go over the speed limit, if they're incapable of leaving on time due to having a pile of dung in their head instead of a brain it's not my fault. Truth be told I think they'd do the same thing if I were to go 100mph, the foolish vermin instinctively hunt trouble, rather like a rooster jumping up on something & crowing. That's why one ought always to be well armed. You never know when you might come across one of them that's taken a little too much dope & decides to go berserk because you slowed the filthy cockroach down by 10 mph.

I find much less things that annoy me when not in a city. It's human fallibility, stemming from all the sin of the cities, and the folly of the institutions trying to play God, that leads to this world where we are agitated by everything. Go sit alone atop a mountain peak and feel the wind, watch the sun come up or go down, and tell me how many things are annoying you in that moment. I will bet there will be none, or else you must look inwards to your source of irritation rather than outwards.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
Interesting question. And where to start. So much of today's horrible culture is annoying. When I do some introspective thinking and I get a little dark, so to speak, I find myself screaming at some imaginary sjw archetype "you're not better than me". Over and over and over. For all the superficial talk about niceness and compassion and all the rest what I see of most people today is self-serving pride.

Many people have said pride is the deadliest of all sins. Its not like I ever doubted that wisdom, but, with each passing day I see how this is correct. It feels like we didn't see such compulsive amounts of pride in the not-so-distant past. Underserved pride is the worst, and that's likely the missing delta between today and say the 1990s. Its one thing to see a person earn respect and be haughty about it...that's bad enough. Quite another thing altogether when its coming from a pig-faced, blue-haired, snaggle-toothed land whale.

Coming back to my first statement i.e. better than me, ultimately what I see from sjw's is supremacy. This is clear as day as it pertains to feminism, but, what of these other elements and the facade of goodness that goes along with it. Well, its all bull. Consider virtue signaling. That's a form of showing off. The person engaging in such actions really serves only themselves and their ego.

Its reminds me of a passage in the Gospel about the bombastic overly adorned people who pray loudly on the steps of the temple. Christ rightly outed such people as serving their own pride by making themselves appear righteous to others. They didn't care about God, rather, how they were perceived by their peers. He went on to say its what you do in private when no one is looking, and therefore no social gain possible, that matters most to God. This passage is very applicable today.

The virtue signaler is one of these types described above, but, it gets worse. Included in this bargain is the sense of superiority the subject can feel over others i.e. my original comment above. This is appealing to people of all kinds because ego and pride are so alluring, but, its next to impossible to resist for people who are not very good, such as, pig-faced blue-haired, etc. They have nothing going for them, so, any avenue to elevate their status no matter how absurd will be exploited. As we see today, people throwing Molotov cocktails at police cruisers for...non-binary issues?

The secret of it all is the best-looking person is the humble one. No, they don't enjoy the immediate recognition as the blowhard does. However, unlike the blowhard, their ego needs are fulfilled sufficiently, which means they're competent at something. This competency is revealed over time and when it is the full picture has an aesthetic that is unmatched.

WaywardMan

Pigeon
Orthodox Inquirer
Looking in the rear-view mirror while commuting and seeing nothing but a baby-blue rectangle covering the silhouette of someone's lower face. Double points when they're completely alone in their car. Triple points if they're also aggressively tailgating!

Always an instant reminder of today's spinelessness, and our meaningless "American" society/culture in general.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Gold Member
When somewhere does not take cash, especially when it is done with a hipster like arrogance, like they only take payment through their hipster card reader attached to their hipster iPad. I have been known to leave my purchase at the register and walk out. Virtue signalling through refusing of cash, even more so when they believe or pretend to believe that now it is even more important not to pay with cash as it spreads covid. They are absolutely dying to have every transaction recorded in a database in the cloud somewhere, they can't just take a few notes and coins and put them in their place in a cash drawer.

DenizenJane

Woodpecker
The tediousness of job applications. Maybe there's sophisticated autofill super-apps that can blow through many of them at once, but then again that sounds like something that temp agencies would do.

After you fill the bubble of what race you're supposed to be, they've added another one that asks simply if you are Hispanic or not... I'm not sure what the purpose of that one is especially. Following that- the old 'protected veteran status' question.

The anti-children sentiment that is pervasive throughout the culture. My wife mentions this a lot, and she notices whenever people say negative comments regarding children/raising children/bearing children/etc. For example, how people often respond to finding out you want children comes with an attitude of "UGH KIDS, GOOD LUCK" or even just flat out "I don't like kids". I used to not like children, then I came to my senses and realized how innocent and honestly hilarious they can be. Whenever someone proclaims their hate for them, I see a giant stamp on their head that says "I'm a gullible moron who's bought into the psyop to have less children".

Another one I find annoying, is the Van-life, nomad, etc. lifestyle. This one really bugs me because I used to be part of it, and although I love hiking, part of me cringes at myself for being taken in by it. Again, here I see people who have a stamp on their head that reads "I'm gullible and have accepted that owning nothing and living in a van is wonderful". A couple things drove me away from this type of mindset. I realized, as I was coming to Christ, that my life was nothing but a heathen driven festival of chasing the next hike. There is no future in that, and it's very foolish in these times to pursue something so unwise. Far greater things are at stake than what long trail you want to hike. Like the anti-child sentiment, it's clearly some type of psyop to make it cool to have nothing, and be such a nomad that you lose connections with family and community, and probably not have children. There's nothing wise about leaving home, family and community to be a loner. All these "memories" and "finding yourself" stories that people rave about are all bullcrap. In the long run, your memories and experiences of travel won't be of much use when society is crumbling. Find a based church, get married, have children, and grow your roots.