This Bible has a text about everybody's equal worth from an ex-PM and worse. It destroyed my faith - what do I do?

Nukie

Sparrow
Orthodox
Ok, so I did have my suspicions about them potentially trying to steer thoughts, gaining a psychological first idea exposure advantage, putting in associations they want to implant the reader with.

After all this Bible came from a library which is tax funded.

This version also had been made by a commite involved with the establishment so that's also why I was suspicious.

But somehow I thought surely they wouldn't mess with something as holy as the Bible. There'd be outcry preventing them. A deadly mistake.

Not only does the first couple of pages contain a text from an ex-PM mentioning the trigger word equality that they programmed me and everyone with:
"[...]Everybodies equal right and equal worth"
(Which, by the way, in the country corresponding to this language is an intentional mistranslation by the state from the UN's "declaration of human rights" (written by women) phrase:
"[...]equal in dignity and rights".
but its real first text is written by a woman (gynocracy), taking the lead (inversion agenda).

THEN there's a text from a man with cerebral palsy (!?), first sentence after headline being:
"I'm born with a CP-injury[...]"
(Disability agenda)

THEN there's a text from another woman who literally looks like a man, with short hair (feminist association) and square glasses.

AND THEN WE have the next page saying there were no cameras around and:
"It doesn't seem like anybody got the idea of drawing or painting him. [...] Which Jesus-face here does best correspond with Jesus as you imagine him?"
FOLLOWED BY several images of Jesus, one of Him as indigenous american and one as black (multiculturalism). And one where he's with children of which one is black (ok, that could have happened).

ON TO THE next page is a picture of Him with a feminine face.

Then... there's a quote about Jesus from a man who said his band was more popular than Him!

Yes! And who, some people are saying, actually was MURDERED for it - John Lennon (globalist musician).

What can you do, but laugh?

This was "my" first Bible and it destroyed my faith, what do I do?

Get the Douay-Rheims, solid antique translation with beautiful classical English. If that isn't your flavor, check out the Navarre Bible or the Knox. I've heard both are excellent. Regardless, look for a new one. Avoid that Bible like the plague. Remember always that commentary is critically important, just as much as a good translation. Without finding an edition with both of high quality, it can make comprehension difficult. You've got this though, just keep an eye out.

This was "my" first Bible and it destroyed my faith, what do I do?

Keep struggling! The Bible is the word of God, so naturally Satan wants to destroy it. He can't, so the next best option is to add commentary that will subvert it's message. Or get people to use awful translations like the NAB or NIV.

If you want good commentary on the Bible, you'll get it from people who came to know God by following what the Bible said. The designation "Saint so-and-so" is generally a much better recommendation than "so-and-so, Ph.D."

Nukie

Sparrow
Orthodox
Get the Orthodox study bible, no degeneracy there.
Thanks, I was aware of it before the bible mentioned but it's not my mother tongue.

What are your thoughts about not reading in your mother tongue?

I'm fluent in English and started learning it as a young boy.
Am I missing something in the original post or is it just me who can't tell WHICH "bible" @Nukie speaks about?
It's "Bibeln 2000", a Swedish translation. Not all of them have the Marxist prelude though.

RKS

Sparrow
This wont be the last edit to the bible to mislead people. The divine name, represented by the four Hebrew consonants יהוה, appears nearly 7,000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures. This translation renders those four letters, known as the Tetragrammaton, “Jehovah.”

Check your bible for the name Jehovah. If it is listed only 4 or 5 times, you will know that you are using an incorrect translation.

Aboulia

Woodpecker
Orthodox
It's not the words so much that's the problem, as words are only vehicles, it's the understanding and context. So reading the text in your mother tongue is good insofar the ideas are preserved, the difficulty lies in the ability, and the intention of the translator.

Two, Physical matter of which the Bible is made is susceptible to corruption, don't expect it to be magically exempt from man's inclination to evil. Don't be superstitious. Christians are not to be superstitious, they run on faith (to believe/act in a manner that is good, according to what they already know, and see).

So if you have any questions about interpretation, it's best to go to the Church Fathers for guidance, for the text could only be compiled by those who understand the text.

Barron

Ostrich
Gold Member
Keep struggling! The Bible is the word of God, so naturally Satan wants to destroy it. He can't, so the next best option is to add commentary that will subvert it's message. Or get people to use awful translations like the NAB or NIV.

No it's not.
The bible is a collection of texts written by men. In fact we don't have any words written by Jesus himself, and the passages in the bible which are written directly about him are very few. These texts themselves are Holy in that they were recorded by his most devout followers to preserve his teachings, but the point is that the bible is not "The word of God".

God does not communicate by words. God communicates through revelations, only Satan uses the lower tongue.

Aboulia

Woodpecker
Orthodox
No it's not.
The bible is a collection of texts written by men. In fact we don't have any words written by Jesus himself, and the passages in the bible which are written directly about him are very few. These texts themselves are Holy in that they were recorded by his most devout followers to preserve his teachings, but the point is that the bible is not "The word of God".

God does not communicate by words. God communicates through revelations, only Satan uses the lower tongue.

Depends on the manner you understand "word of God" It is written in Genesis how God spake creation into being. He spake his "word" or the "logos" if you prefer. a "word" is an organizing principle, a method to communicate. The Latin script in the English language consists of dots, lines and curves organized in a manner people who know the system can understand. WORD can be represented as "\/\/ () l)\ l) " representing each stroke of the pen. You could also understand the Bible as his word as the story of how he, while allowing man's free choice, organized to reveal himself to his creation.

Careful with your last statements. Are you sure you're a Catholic and not a Pentecostal (Montanist)? By your logic, Christ is Satan because he used the lower tongue.

Writing shares a strange feature with painting. The offsprings of painting stand there as if they are alive, but if anyone asks them anything, they remain solemnly silent. The same is true of written words. You'd think they were speaking as if they had some understanding, but if you question anything that has been said because you want to learn more, it continues to signify just that very same thing forever. When it has once been written down, every discourse roams about everywhere, reaching indiscriminately those with understanding no less than those who have no business with it, and it doesn't know to whom it should speak and to whom it should not. And when it is faulted and attacked unfairly, it always needs its father's support; alone, it can neither defend itself nor come to it's own support. - Socrates (Dialogue with Phaedrus)

Avoid NIV 2011:

Get NIV1984:

Or the KJV. Because all modern translations have been compromised by ideologies who push sex equality. And other nefarious agendas.

The Bible translation committee has been infiltrated.

Get the Douay-Rheims, solid antique translation with beautiful classical English. If that isn't your flavor, check out the Navarre Bible or the Knox. I've heard both are excellent. Regardless, look for a new one. Avoid that Bible like the plague. Remember always that commentary is critically important, just as much as a good translation. Without finding an edition with both of high quality, it can make comprehension difficult. You've got this though, just keep an eye out.

Also there is the possibly of Bible Translation committees being subverted. Which has happened to the NIV committee. No place is going to be always safe.

If the not-Pope Francis can get into power with his lackeys and fake not-Patriarch of Constantinople could get in. It could happen to Bible translation committees everywhere.

Get the Bible app, you can trust that the version they give you hasn't been meddled with. The best translation is the KJV, you can use it alongside AMP and NABRE. I do not recommend any version of the NIV, it is subverted. The Bible app might also have a good translation in your mother tongue, although do your own diligence, because there are bad versions out there, as you have now seen

typtre

Robin
I have a question sort of on the topic.
This is what I was afraid of when I picked a Bible, and I knew King James was a mason and I knew there would be things to look out for.

The Lord’s Prayer​

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,

and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom and the power, and the glory,
forever and ever.

Amen.
KJV has apparently replaced trespass with debt, and trespass against us, with debtors.
Now debtors sounds like very special people to me, and I am not about to forgive them any time soon.

The pope-guy acting a bit shady on the prayer:

Nicholson1968 claims (prior to the time in the link) that James Earl Jones also said "trespass" while reading from the KJV but that it has changed since - the Mandela Effect.

Judeo-pedia explains:
Although Matthew 6:12 uses the term debts, most older English versions of the Lord's Prayer use the term trespasses, while ecumenical versions often use the term sins. The latter choice may be due to Luke 11:4, which uses the word sins, while the former may be due to Matthew 6:14 (immediately after the text of the prayer), where Jesus speaks of trespasses. As early as the third century, Origen of Alexandria used the word trespasses (παραπτώματα) in the prayer. Although the Latin form that was traditionally used in Western Europe has debita (debts), most English-speaking Christians (except Scottish Presbyterians and some others of the Dutch Reformed tradition) use trespasses. For example, the Church of Scotland, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), the Reformed Church in America, as well as some Congregational heritage churches in the United Church of Christ follow the version found in Matthew 6 in the Authorized Version (known also as the King James Version), which in the prayer uses the words "debts" and "debtors".

Sounds to me like modern times (new world?) where the entire West is in debt to banksters and they want to have Christians praying they be forgiven. :vomit:

I know a lot of you promotes the KJV - what is your take on this?

Eric The Awful

Woodpecker
Gold Member
KJV is good. I use the ESV, which reads like the KJV but uses modern English. It's also based on the TR, the same text the KJV is based on. I fell into "KJV Onlyism" early in my Christian walk, but worked my way out of it. I realized I was using the NIV when I became convicted that Jesus Christ is Lord.

My understanding of "trespasses" vs "debts" is that the Greek can support both. I use "debts" when I pray the Lord's Prayer because that's what I've used most of my life and am most comfortable with.

NIV 1984 if you can get it:

Beware the NIV 2011 gender neutral translation:

No it's not.

Barron, respectfully, how can one read Bible verses like those below, and many like them, and conclude that the Bible is not the word of God?

2 Timothy 3:16a All Scripture is God-breathed

Matthew 24:35 (Christ speaking) Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.

Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.