This is not our country anymore.

Athanasius

Pelican
I challenge you folks engaging in what I euphemistically call historical revisionism to be intellectually congruent and follow your revisionism to its logical conclusion - if you are going to say Lee was not a traitor or be upset that his statue is removed from Congress, you must push for the removal of the Lincoln Memorial and for the removal of any statues celebrating Ulysses Grant.
There's no such logical conclusion, any more than it being logical that Christians should tear down the Roman Coliseum since Christians were fed to the lions there. I'm a non-southerner who thinks Lincoln's influence was malign, but I would never lead a movement to destroy the Lincoln Memorial. Those monuments stayed up without objection for 100+ years because people saw it as their shared history.

Lee saw a higher loyalty to Virginia than the US. Antebellum America was widely (and constitutionally) recognized as a confederation of states, the United States in America, not the monolith United States of America it became postwar. That was a key component of the whole war.

The monument destroyers have been going after north and south. Lee, Jackson, Lincoln, Grant... doesn't matter. The founding fathers as well. It's all "white" to them and it all needs to come down. The leveling was never going to stop at the Confederacy. It's no different in how they run over any white in the path of "progress," regardless of their prior progressive bona fides.

There's no such logical conclusion, any more than it being logical that Christians should tear down the Roman Coliseum since Christians were fed to the lions there. I'm a non-southerner who thinks Lincoln's influence was malign, but I would never lead a movement to destroy the Lincoln Memorial. Those monuments stayed up without objection for 100+ years because people saw it as their shared history.

Lee saw a higher loyalty to Virginia than the US. Antebellum America was widely (and constitutionally) recognized as a confederation of states, the United States in America, not the monolith United States of America it became postwar. That was a key component of the whole war.

The monument destroyers have been going after north and south. Lee, Jackson, Lincoln, Grant... doesn't matter. It's all "white" to them and it all needs to come down. The leveling was never going to stop at the Confederacy. It's no different in how they run over any white in the path of "progress," regardless of their prior progressive bona fides.
We are discussing issues of nationhood, loyalty to one's country, and understanding the perspective of your fellow citizens that make us the United States of America. These are issues that are black and white and not shades of grey like how people could have different perceptions of their role as Christians (I for one see the Christian purpose as the Great Commission, not tearing down Coliseums with your flawed analogy)

Can you show me any evidence of monuments of Union leaders getting defaced?

Blood was spilled during the Civil War over the right to maintain slavery (state's rights is bullshit). We settled the issue with spilled blood and ensured that we are truly one nation under God.

Crucially, none of the Confederate monuments were erected during the lifetimes of the traitors so it is not the case that the prevailing feeling at the time after the civil war and most of these actors were alive is that they were lionized/were heroes. The vast majority of these statues were built during the Jim Crow era and were the handiwork of the Lost Cause Movement so why are we dying on a hill for these traitors?

Get them the hell out of the public square and put them in museums or basements where they belong. Traitors to the United States of America must not be lionized. We have true American heroes.

Enough of this Confederate bullshittery - Vicksburg, MS did not celebrate July 4th for 80 years. 80 freaking years can you believe that? For 80 years, a part of the United States America scoffed at our national day and we tolerated this bullshittery? Enough of the bullshit already.

Athanasius

Pelican
Here is just one example. These people are too illiterate to know anything other than White Man Bad, especially if the white man ever owned a slave or said anything negative about them. That's why they've torn down everything from Cervantes to Columbus (in Columbus, OH) to Francis Scott Key. Union monuments have also been defaced. The point here is that this goes way beyond the Confederacy.

Blood was spilled during the Civil War over the right to maintain slavery (state's rights is bullshit). We settled the issue with spilled blood and ensured that we are truly one nation under God.
You can say this but then you are putting words in the mouths of the southerners. They most certainly did see it as an issue of states rights.

Here is just one example. These people are too illiterate to know anything other than White Man Bad, especially if the white man ever owned a slave or said anything negative about them. That's why they've torn down everything from Cervantes to Columbus (in Columbus, OH) to Francis Scott Key. Union monuments have also been defaced. The point here is that this goes way beyond the Confederacy.

Thank you for this sir. I was unaware. This is very unfortunate.
You can say this but then you are putting words in the mouths of the southerners. They most certainly did see it as an issue of states rights.

If you haven’t done so already, then please turn to our Lord Jesus Christ.
He is our King and the Kingdom of Heaven is our only true homeland.
I was born in 1984 in an extremely pro-American, pro-conservative household.
I’ve had to battle deeply rooted false idol worship.
I falsely worshipped and idolized the country of america and the republican political party.
A massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders, a burden so heavy, that I still battle with it even while typing this post.

Edit: Just to clarify one quick thing, I still consider myself an american nationalist and a conservative republican.
But, I have chosen to no longer worship or idolize these concepts.
I don't think you should abandon your "tribe's" traditions and memories. Lessen their importance, heck yes. Abandon, no, its part of you and your intelligence and reasoning. If you drop something, yes that's good, you have to pull up a garden to grow new plants. But your language is still English, your country of residence is still the US, your family and friends are still there. Not everything here is a weed. Jesus did not turn water into any old wine; he perfected the wine. For his teaching, yes, but it was still very good wine.

I don’t know what else to say here. We fought to the death just to get the British to stop taxing us.

I was going to fill this up with all sorts of examples, but I just can’t bring myself to go rummaging around the internet for what people with any sort of common sense already know.

Francis Parker Yockey said “ No nation has produced individual soldiers to excel Nathaniel Greene, General Know, General Sullivan, John Stark, Nicholas Herkimer, Anthony Wayne, Daniel Morgan, John Paul Jones, nor greater patriots than John Dickinson, Richard Henry Lee, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Rutledge. These are but a few. The spirit which animated these heroes is part of the white race, and it will last while this race lasts. It waits for its reawakening upon the coming of great events to American soil once more.”

I don’t see it, it’s been bad enough for a long time. Clearly these were great men from a better time. If nobody is going to do much as push back, then we’ve either passed the precipice as a people or never deserved their contributions in the first place.

And yet here I am stuck working like a dog hundreds of miles away venting on a forum.

This is not my country anymore. Simple as.
What people don't understand it that they're not dealing with Americans anymore; now it's simply people who reside on the territory of the former United States.

What people don't understand it that they're not dealing with Americans anymore; now it's simply people who reside on the territory of the former United States.
Again another wolf cry about the removal of a statue of a traitor to the USA. The implication of the above is that people within the USA are no longer Americans "they're not dealing with Americans anymore" - I mean what does that mean? Are you more American than these people? How so? One could argue that the folks you have condemned as not being "Americans anymore" are more American than you are because they are standing for the USA and saying "we don't want a traitor who took up arms and spilled Union blood to be lionized in the People's Congress". And it is not the case that Lee's statue is being destroyed; no it will be placed in an appropriate museum in Virginia.

You who profess at the top of the mountain to be more American than anyone fail to see the problem with the Lee statue being celebrated in Congress when millions of your fellow Americans cringe at the sight of him and what he represented.

When you cry out "freedom" and push back against tyranny, you should apply those values consistently and educate yourself about why these values you hold so dear were violated by Robert. E. Lee.

surfdog

Sparrow
Everyone of my military buddies are looking for a way to remove ourselves from the system formally known as USA. None of use will ever vote again, and are looking for ways to remove every penny of our earnings and keep it from the IRS. We basically want to become negative resources to this new system that is starting to develop. The idea of "civic citizenship" needs to be removed from our vocabulary.

Goni

Woodpecker
Only a limp wristed soy boy would call Lee a traitor.

I dislike Eisenhower, but this is an interesting read.

It's a damn shame what's happening.
You know what is the funny thing regarding the article you posted?
That Lee was so great as a leader, that evan people such as Churchill or Eisenhower.

First one being a degenerate drunk and a stupid war monger being totally a jewish puppet and the other again being a Jewish puppet plus that what is more horrible, Eisenhower is responsible for the terrible death camps when millions of german soldiers died on the open like animals.

Now, these guys valued so much general Lee.

It just shows what values that man represented.

You know what is the funny thing regarding the article you posted?
That Lee was so great as a leader, that evan people such as Churchill or Eisenhower.

First one being a degenerate drunk and a stupid war monger being totally a jewish puppet and the other again being a Jewish puppet plus that what is more horrible, Eisenhower is responsible for the terrible death camps when millions of german soldiers died on the open like animals.

Now, these guys valued so much general Lee.

It just shows what values that man represented.

Are you a Christian?

Couldn't agree more. This isn't our country anymore. I have come to hate western civilization so much my only dream left in life is to move abroad. I'm ashamed I was ever born an american! Absolutely ashamed! I no longer have any faith in america or western society in general. Can't stand it. Nothing but hate and (planned) divisiveness by the globalist. No culture in America anymore. If you're a straight white male chances are you are lonely, depressed, and single. There needs to be an exodus of straight white males from the west to SE Asia, Russia, Eastern Europe etc. Haven't had real culture and unity since the mid to late 90s. Not to mentioned rigged as fuck for the 1%.
Couldn't agree more. Places like Poland and Hungary are looking pretty attractive these days. Poland just recently passed a law which would nearly ban abortion except in cases of rape, and in Hungary Viktor Orban has been criticized for promoting preservation of Hungary's cultural heritage and traditions. At least this gives me some hope that there are European countries that still have their priorities straight.

EddieSmith

Chicken

I don’t know what else to say here. We fought to the death just to get the British to stop taxing us.

I was going to fill this up with all sorts of examples, but I just can’t bring myself to go rummaging around the internet for what people with any sort of common sense already know.

Francis Parker Yockey said “ No nation has produced individual soldiers to excel Nathaniel Greene, General Know, General Sullivan, John Stark, Nicholas Herkimer, Anthony Wayne, Daniel Morgan, John Paul Jones, nor greater patriots than John Dickinson, Richard Henry Lee, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Rutledge. These are but a few. The spirit which animated these heroes is part of the white race, and it will last while this race lasts. It waits for its reawakening upon the coming of great events to American soil once more.”

I don’t see it, it’s been bad enough for a long time. Clearly these were great men from a better time. If nobody is going to do much as push back, then we’ve either passed the precipice as a people or never deserved their contributions in the first place.

And yet here I am stuck working like a dog hundreds of miles away venting on a forum.

This is not my country anymore. Simple as.
Some cultures produce men who prioritize freedom more than other cultures.

If I was a psychopath in power I too would rather have people who begged government to take more control over their lives. America has (had) freedom as an inherent part of its identity. So it will always be a target for those who would benefit from a submissive population.

The US is not the country it used to be. It is possible to bring it back, but not by treating short term symptoms while sending kids to govt run schools indoctrination centers.

The South wanted to keep the right to own other humans. It's as simple as that. Several states wrote Declarations of Independence that specifically mentioned their right to keep slaves a a reason to breaking off and forming the Confederacy. They complained that the anti-slavery factions of the Federal government were trying to destroy the institution of slavery.

Georgia
" For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery. They have endeavored to weaken our security, to disturb our domestic peace and tranquility, and persistently refused to comply with their express constitutional obligations to us in reference to that property, and by the use of their power in the Federal Government have striven to deprive us of an equal enjoyment of the common Territories of the Republic."...

" Time and issues upon slavery were necessary to its completion and final triumph. The feeling of anti-slavery, which it was well known was very general among the people of the North, had been long dormant or passive; it needed only a question to arouse it into aggressive activity. This question was before us. We had acquired a large territory by successful war with Mexico; Congress had to govern it; how, in relation to slavery, was the question then demanding solution. This state of facts gave form and shape to the anti-slavery sentiment throughout the North and the conflict began. Northern anti-slavery men of all parties asserted the right to exclude slavery from the territory by Congressional legislation and demanded the prompt and efficient exercise of this power to that end. This insulting and unconstitutional demand was met with great moderation and firmness by the South. We had shed our blood and paid our money for its acquisition; we demanded a division of it on the line of the Missouri restriction or an equal participation in the whole of it."

Mississippi
"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove."...

"It has grown until it denies the right of property in slaves, and refuses protection to that right on the high seas, in the Territories, and wherever the government of the United States had jurisdiction.

It refuses the admission of new slave States into the Union, and seeks to extinguish it by confining it within its present limits, denying the power of expansion.

It tramples the original equality of the South under foot.

It has nullified the Fugitive Slave Law in almost every free State in the Union, and has utterly broken the compact which our fathers pledged their faith to maintain.

It advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst."

South Carolina
"We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States. Those States have assume the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States. They have encouraged and assisted thousands of our slaves to leave their homes; and those who remain, have been incited by emissaries, books and pictures to servile insurrection."

Texas
"Texas abandoned her separate national existence and consented to become one of the Confederated Union to promote her welfare, insure domestic tranquility and secure more substantially the blessings of peace and liberty to her people. She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution, under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy. Those ties have been strengthened by association. But what has been the course of the government of the United States, and of the people and authorities of the non-slave-holding States, since our connection with them?"

Also, the Confederate Constitution had a clauses the specifically stated that slavery can never be abolished and that slave owners had the right to transport slaves across state lines .

Article I Section 9(4)
"No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed."

Article IV Section 2(1)
"The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several States; and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any State of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property; and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired."

Everyone of my military buddies are looking for a way to remove ourselves from the system formally known as USA. None of use will ever vote again, and are looking for ways to remove every penny of our earnings and keep it from the IRS. We basically want to become negative resources to this new system that is starting to develop. The idea of "civic citizenship" needs to be removed from
Im not American, but already done that. My govt does nothing for me,so i in turn dont contribute anything to its coffers( still pay tax at stores)but i usually buy from farmers and use cash to purchase from individuals.

My income is in cash only, admittedly not as much as it used to be when i worked for a corporation, but its adequate for my needs. Have no debt, nor any credit accounts. I do have medical policies and other insurance policies, but they are not taxed on pay out over here. My electric and other utility bills are pre paid . Have my own deep water well. My hobby is tropical gardening, which i have turned into a source of income,have dozens of varieties of palms, cycads etc which i also propagate and sell for hard cash. I dont possess a bank account.

Fortunately i put every cent into land/property when employed,and lived like a pauper, but its paid off hundred fold now.

One benefit of such a lifestyle is that i have absolutely no stress at all. If i dont have any cash on hand , well, it can wait till next month. I service my own vehicles, and grow much of my fresh veg and fruit. Practically self sufficient, to the extent that these virus restrictions have hardly made a dent in my life.

I get up when i want, go where i want,do what i want. Am divorced, but with no bank acc not much the magistrate could order me to pay my ex,win, win every way!The only downside is that i cant afford the latest car, tv, sound system etc. Sheer bliss !Waking up every morning is a pleasure!

Couldn't agree more. Places like Poland and Hungary are looking pretty attractive these days. Poland just recently passed a law which would nearly ban abortion except in cases of rape, and in Hungary Viktor Orban has been criticized for promoting preservation of Hungary's cultural heritage and traditions. At least this gives me some hope that there are European countries that still have their priorities straight.

I like your train of thought! Europe is for Europeans. Simple as that. Just as Russia is for Russians! China for Chinese. Diversity is minimal in these countries and it works unlike in America or the U.K. America, while I don't care for it, is not a white nation. It is a Native American country and multicultural. I accept that. But still, I don't have to like it and I don't. America is a country I simply can't endorse anymore.

RalphMalph

Woodpecker
Again another wolf cry about the removal of a statue of a traitor to the USA. The implication of the above is that people within the USA are no longer Americans "they're not dealing with Americans anymore" - I mean what does that mean? Are you more American than these people? How so? One could argue that the folks you have condemned as not being "Americans anymore" are more American than you are because they are standing for the USA and saying "we don't want a traitor who took up arms and spilled Union blood to be lionized in the People's Congress". And it is not the case that Lee's statue is being destroyed; no it will be placed in an appropriate museum in Virginia.

You who profess at the top of the mountain to be more American than anyone fail to see the problem with the Lee statue being celebrated in Congress when millions of your fellow Americans cringe at the sight of him and what he represented.

When you cry out "freedom" and push back against tyranny, you should apply those values consistently and educate yourself about why these values you hold so dear were violated by Robert. E. Lee.
J-Jango wrote:

I don't see where the poster you are referring to is professing to anything other than his/her identity. Methinks that you assume to much in order to present a veiled 'ad-hominem' attack on how somebody sees themselves. And since when do you assume you know what is cringe-worthy to millions of Americans? Are you speaking for them now? Let them speak for themselves. My God, how I hate SJWs who feel they know how 'Millions of Americans' feel. To me that is more cringe-worthy than if the USA's Congress decided to put Lenin's statue in the Capitol rotunda.

I like your train of thought! Europe is for Europeans. Simple as that. Just as Russia is for Russians! China for Chinese. Diversity is minimal in these countries and it works unlike in America or the U.K. America, while I don't care for it, is not a white nation. It is a Native American country and multicultural. I accept that. But still, I don't have to like it and I don't. America is a country I simply can't endorse
One must remember that constantly pushing/ denigrating/ destroying the heritage,culture and aspirations of a particular people or nation will without fail never end well.100 yrs ago certain powers pushed a people into a corner and wouldn't give them quarter. Remember Weimar Germany? See what that bred. The world paid dearly for that. Twice.

Then we have after that the rise of the pro independence movements across Africa and Asia,yet again showing that you cannot impose laws/ customs/ governance on any people. They will strive to assert themselves, to govern themselves according to their own laws and customs.
This time it seems the European race/ religion and culture as a whole is under siege. Wonder what the outcome of this will be? Europeans have proven themselves capable of destruction on an industrial scale....this wont be pleasant!

philipski

Sparrow
A thumbnail history of how we got here, if you didn't already know:

Our civilization was silently conquered about 100 years ago in the period 1910 to 1920.

At the start of the 20th century is when global banking, and the capitalism/communism dichotomy took over from the previous axis (logos vs. anti-logos)

The federal reserve was founded in 1913. Of which president Wilson blaming himself said: ""I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit."

In 1914 the Archduke Ferdinand, the head of the Holy Roman Empire was assassinated - a Catholic empire that had ruled for a thousand years - kicking off WW 1, an internecine war between white Europeans at the urging of global capital. In this war such priceless treasures of the old world - like the Cathedral at Rheims were bombed.

In 1917 Jewish Bolsheviks, funded by global capital in London, took over Russia, deposing Tsar Nicholas, and murdering him and his family the following year. From there followed the desecration and burning or churches across the Russia empire. Russia had been rule by Christian kings also for 1000 years.

Women got the vote in Germany, Austria and Hungary in ~1918 (only 4 years after the Holy Roman Emperor murdered), the US in 1920. In Russia in 1917, with the revolution.

This world that was overturned was the world that produced all the great art, architecture and music. So much great classical music was composed from 1880 to 1910. How much has been composed since? The trajectory of painting, literature and architecture took a similar nosedive. At the time of the conquest by global capital Russia was the land of Tchaikovsky. France the country of Saint Saens. Puccini was writing Opera in Italy. Strauss in Germany. What has replaced it?

Within a decade the world was plunged into degeneracy - Weimar Germany was perhaps the most extreme, but the "roaring 20's" in the US was not much better.

The Fascists in the 30's were a weak and misguided reaction. They were forceful secular men who tried to take back control - but instead of restoring rule based on Logos and the return of divine kings (read Evola), they instead installed a new society of secular capitalism. Some, like in Italy and Germany were defeated in WWII. But even the fascist leaders that survived into old age (Franco, Pinochet, Salazar) saw the secular capitalism continue to erode their cultural foundations. When they died - neoliberalism took over can caught up to the same level as the rest of the conquered West.

The 50's that Americans pine for today is an illusion. Things were already very far gone by then. Santa had already replaced Christ in Christmas, The easter bunny on Easter. Feminism was already well established. The new right talks about how women working outside the home was a mistake. The real mistake was 50 years earlier when the majority of men began working outside the home.

If you're wondering when did we go wrong? What was the latest date that our "western civiliation" was still salvageable? That date was around 1910, when our civilization was still called "Christendom".
I’d agree with your basic analysis, particularly Wilson. What’s strange is, excepting maybe the “example” of Weimar Germany, the cultural damage didn’t really set in till the 1930s. I have an unfounded theory that a great school of painting is usually followed by total cultural rot setting in, because just look at the French. It’s as if the least difficult of the arts succeeding is a harbinger of doom (the American equivalent may be stand-up Comedy) ... because, after Impressionism (1880s particularly till maybe about 1910), and then the more impressive of Dadaists/Surrealists (Magritte, in particular, would have good ideas well past the 1930s), what good cultural products wholly originating (no Emigrees!) in France can you point to as coming after the early-‘30s-into-late-‘50s filmic peak of Clair-Vigo-Renoir-Prevert-et. al? (Truffaut at the latest). (Maybe pipe in a few songs sung by Edith Piaf and Ol’ Brigitte Bardot, as well?) France is toast. Even among the Foodies, Italia, Spain and maybe even Portugal have surpassed its rep.
At the first post I thought for sure you were a fellow white person. But you just called me "sir". Now I think its more likely you wear sweatpants and a fedora.
Probably a gyppo Romanian.

Last edited:

philipski

Sparrow
We are discussing issues of nationhood, loyalty to one's country, and understanding the perspective of your fellow citizens that make us the United States of America. These are issues that are black and white and not shades of grey like how people could have different perceptions of their role as Christians (I for one see the Christian purpose as the Great Commission, not tearing down Coliseums with your flawed analogy)

Crucially, none of the Confederate monuments were erected during the lifetimes of the traitors so it is not the case that the prevailing feeling at the time after the civil war and most of these actors were alive is that they were lionized/were heroes. The vast majority of these statues were built during the Jim Crow era and were the handiwork of the Lost Cause Movement so why are we dying on a hill for these traitors?

Get them the hell out of the public square and put them in museums or basements where they belong. Traitors to the United States of America must not be lionized. We have true American heroes.

Enough of this Confederate bullshittery - Vicksburg, MS did not celebrate July 4th for 80 years. 80 freaking years can you believe that? For 80 years, a part of the United States America scoffed at our national day and we tolerated this bullshittery? Enough of the bullshit already.
“bullshittery” - don’t you have some vampires you can hunt down in Transylvania, somewhere?

philipski

Sparrow
Everyone of my military buddies are looking for a way to remove ourselves from the system formally known as USA. None of use will ever vote again, and are looking for ways to remove every penny of our earnings and keep it from the IRS. We basically want to become negative resources to this new system that is starting to develop. The idea of "civic citizenship" needs to be removed from our vocabulary.
Could really use your help at about this exact time in a week! And that of All of ’em friends... Down in D.C. Just Saying!