This looks important: article about German politics

droughtmeat

Woodpecker
The radical left lost its influence. Die Linke, which means the left has never really been taken seriously tbh.

The actual left still has clout within the mainstream parties. However, Die Linke has only been present in Berlin and the former East German regions. Those are essentially places where the "right wing" and Die Linke compete for votes among victims. The radical left blamed everything on the right, while the right blames everything on migrants.

I mean the article even says the radical left is worried about losing votes to the right...

Of course, this change within the party could lead to other changes, but as of now this has no significance yet.

The radical left lost its influence. Die Linke, which means the left has never really been taken seriously tbh.

The actual left still has clout within the mainstream parties. However, Die Linke has only been present in Berlin and the former East German regions. Those are essentially places where the "right wing" and Die Linke compete for votes among victims. The radical left blamed everything on the right, while the right blames everything on migrants.

I mean the article even says the radical left is worried about losing votes to the right...

Of course, this change within the party could lead to other changes, but as of now this has no significance yet.
many thanks droughtmeat!

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
After hitting Google translate ... I still dont understand. Does anybody know enough about German politics to give us an idea of whats going on? Is the woke left now in the driver's seat, pushing out the anti-woke left?

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deut...ei-a-334f4ca6-9045-4ee7-ad01-a168ac9d3f26-amp
When reading anything about German politics, remember that it is a country to chronically and irreversibly messed up that Angela Merkel is considered a "conservative" there.

holgerdanske

Sparrow
Germany has been literally drenched in guilt laden propaganda for the past 75 years. I think it's way past the point of no return. The original german gene pool has been thoroughly diluted and if you went to certain parts of Berlin today you'd think you were in Kabul. The AFD doesn't have a prayer and most likely the elections later this year are going to produce some type of unholy coalition that will continue to push the nation toward the edge of the abyss.