Thoughts on capital punishment

Several here have mentioned money.
The most cost effective method of dealing with crime is eugenics.
Eugenics was quite popular in most of the western world up until the 1960s.
It began to be phased out because Nazi Germany (along with all the allied nations) practiced it.
Somehow, our interstates aren't evil but eugenics is.
"INTERSTATES"?

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
Yes! And if the state has the power to imprison someone for life... which is clearly a punishment which would be a mortal sin in other circumstances as well, and an implied threat of the indirect punishment of death (i.e. attempting to escape) .. why wouldnt it have the power to inflict death as the direct punishment?
Yes, actually a form of death, not life.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
"INTERSTATES"?
Eugenics is typically attacked on the basis of "Nazi Germany practiced Eugenics therefore it is evil and we must do away with it.
When in fact the actual narrative is that every major western nation, including the Allies and Axis powers practiced Eugenics at the time, and this was simply a facet of our civilization, and just something Germany adopted along with every other Anglo-Saxon / white power.

On the other hand, the interstate system was an invention of the evil Adolf Hitler himself. It was a large wide roadway designed for rapid mass transport, which was also wide enough that the Luftwaffe could land airplanes on it. Eisenhower liked it so much that in the 1950s he built his own "Eisenhower Interstate System" here in America.

Whereas there is nothing distincly "nazi" about eugenics, the interstate system, kindergarten, rockets, the Volkswagen, and the jet engine are all Nazi creations, and yet no one attacks them for their evil nature.

Eugenics is typically attacked on the basis of "Nazi Germany practiced Eugenics therefore it is evil and we must do away with it.
When in fact the actual narrative is that every major western nation, including the Allies and Axis powers practiced Eugenics at the time, and this was simply a facet of our civilization, and just something Germany adopted along with every other Anglo-Saxon / white power.

On the other hand, the interstate system was an invention of the evil Adolf Hitler himself. It was a large wide roadway designed for rapid mass transport, which was also wide enough that the Luftwaffe could land airplanes on it. Eisenhower liked it so much that in the 1950s he built his own "Eisenhower Interstate System" here in America.

Whereas there is nothing distincly "nazi" about eugenics, the interstate system, kindergarten, rockets, the Volkswagen, and the jet engine are all Nazi creations, and yet no one attacks them for their evil nature.
Eugenics is not anti-Christian. It's saying nothing more than that the purpose of every marriage is divine ends, not the lusts of the individuals. And the Church has the ultimate right to sanction or not sanction a marriage. Just like it has the ability to refuse marriage of first-cousins.

I’m not at all against it, but having watched dozens of crime shows I kind of like the idea of these people sitting in prison for life without the freedom to even eat when they want. That kind of mental imprisonment is the best punishment IMO. Most of the crimes I see on tv are spouses killing their spouses for money, so these are ”normal” people leading normal lives, a lot of them successful doctors or business owners, till they’re busted. Regret is a horrible way to live. I doubt any regret the crime, but you know they obsess over and regret the dumb mistakes that got them caught.

Actually the torments of the Lake of Fire is far better as a Punishment. We should send them to God to be judged if they are unrepentant. If repentant they get to join him in paradise.

No parole from death except by Jesus Christ. We don't have to warehouse them nor will they be able to harm another human being ever again.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
You are referring to the punishment by the STATE which (as far as I can tell) has a secular stance on punishment. So, no.

Meraki

Sparrow
Given the rapidly shifting political tide, and government tendency to dole out disproportionate penalties or sentences, especially to those deemed to be on the wrong side of the news, we should all be against the death sentence.

Besides, life in prison would be so much worse. It’s the worst way to devalue the natural gift of life - literally rotting and having what was your Creator’s potential dwindle into inescapable impotency.

Also - to administer said penalty - whether pushing a button, or blindly giving a shot, involves the state forcing a member of society to take a life, which is wrong.

Given the rapidly shifting political tide, and government tendency to dole out disproportionate penalties or sentences, especially to those deemed to be on the wrong side of the news, we should all be against the death sentence.

Besides, life in prison would be so much worse. It’s the worst way to devalue the natural gift of life - literally rotting and having what was your Creator’s potential dwindle into inescapable impotency.

Also - to administer said penalty - whether pushing a button, or blindly giving a shot, involves the state forcing a member of society to take a life, which is wrong.

As God himself said in Genesis 9:6 and Romans 13 he Authorized the Human Authorities to kill murderers. And it would be a Just Punishment. And in Genesis 9:6 he made it mandatory.

We are sending prisoners to him.

If you believed you would know the torments of hell would be far worse than life long prison.

Laws against Sodomy were enforced by Capital Punishment for hundreds of years and in a few places they still are.

I guess the logic is, if God felt it just to level two entire cities because dudes were being sodomites, surely it is just to put one to death for practicing it.

DanielaEverheart

Pigeon
Woman
Against it. There's a testimony of a saint that prayed for a sign that an execution-row criminal have had accepted the Faith before his demise. He had been despondent towards Evangelistic efforts.
He earnestly grabbed the cross before passing away from the lethal injection, and I believe we ougth to pray like that.

God Bless you ladies.

DanielaEverheart

Pigeon
Woman
Eugenics is anti-Christian. I've seen posts that are friendly towards Eugenics and let me warn you: GENETIC MANIPULATION IN OUR BODY IS AN ACT AGAINST GOD.

Our design gets differentiated once we choose to be sanctified, much like there's a "before" there's an "after", to seek to manipulate is rejecting God's design for us. Trying to impose anything upon Him is Wicked.

God Bless you ladies, hopefully the brothers here can concur. I don't want to be mean but I feel appaled about the support towards this idea.

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
Eugenics is not anti-Christian. It's saying nothing more than that the purpose of every marriage is divine ends, not the lusts of the individuals. And the Church has the ultimate right to sanction or not sanction a marriage. Just like it has the ability to refuse marriage of first-cousins.
A proper Christian understanding of eugenics, simply means “good breeding.” Anti-Christs interfere with it by hijacking it for their evil agendas.

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
When capital punishment is used against the godly, by either killing them or by not killing, for eg murderers, then bad breeding eugenics is being practiced. God blesses those whom practice His design, giving them and their progeny favour, thereby depopulating the unfaithful and evil doers.
Law is God's design, but man perverts it.
Usury is God's design, but man abuses it.
Capitalism is God's design, but man exploits it.

DanielaEverheart

Pigeon
Woman
I'm sorry Vigilant, I don't align with that view. Not killing murderers isn't an act against the Godly, because its agent (the enforcer of the murder, the modern State) doesn't have and cannot operate within the cathegories of "Redeemed" and "Unreedemed". We cannot, specially not through science, predict who will be a criminal in any point in time. Not even via the deeds of their ascendants. As a side note: this quest has failed time and time again, first showing in the works of Cesare Beccaria in the 19th century I believe. So, science could tell us f.e. about the effects of pre-frontal cortex lesions in impulse control... but it cannot tell us about God's Grace to intervene and Redeem someone at any point given in time.

I feel strongly about this because this year there was an orchestrated massacre of inmated in 3 jails of 3 cities (criminal organizations fighting for control)... and judging by their mothers' cries, they were someone for someone.

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
A proper Christian understanding of eugenics, simply means “good breeding.” Anti-Christs interfere with it by hijacking it for their evil agendas.
When capital punishment is used against the godly, by either killing them or by not killing, for eg murderers, then bad breeding eugenics is being practiced. God blesses those whom practice His design, giving them and their progeny favour, thereby depopulating the unfaithful and evil doers.

You mean like using Capitol Punishment for those they deem of “bad breeding”? Do you mean to say that any non-Christian might as well be killed because they will inevitably do evil? You’re conflating eugenics and Capitol punishment which is a dangerous road to go down and leaves no room for God’s salvation.

Both the Old and New Testament affirm Capitol punishment but that it should be done by the state so that it isn’t a personal act of vengeance or retribution. It has nothing to do with eugenics. Honestly, the people that talk the most about eugenics never believe that they may, in fact, be the ones of “bad breeding” lol :squintlol:

Usury is God's design, but man abuses it.
No, it’s not.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
You mean like using Capitol Punishment for those they deem of “bad breeding”? Do you mean to say that any non-Christian might as well be killed because they will inevitably do evil? You’re conflating eugenics and Capitol punishment which is a dangerous road to go down and leaves no room for God’s salvation.

Both the Old and New Testament affirm Capitol punishment but that it should be done by the state so that it isn’t a personal act of vengeance or retribution. It has nothing to do with eugenics. Honestly, the people that talk the most about eugenics never believe that they may, in fact, be the ones of “bad breeding” lol :squintlol:

No, it’s not.
The death penalty is only to be used by the civil government.
An anti-Christ civil government will use the death penalty as an excuse to murder Christians.
An anti-Christ civil government will use eugenics against Christians who are good breeding, so that wicked breeding dominates, into a survival of the fittest savagery.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
I guess I'm guilty of "death penalty idealism."

Had not considered the slippery slope for the state to just off whomever they please.

But I do think it is appropriate for certain things, when used correctly.

You might say it depends on the... execution.