Trip to The U.K. (Help)

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Protestant
Gold Member
Men, I am going on tour to see my favorite band in the U.K. in mid December. I will be traveling from Washington DC to Leeds to see the first show. From Leeds I am going to Nottingham and from Nottingham to London to see the shows in those cities.
Unfortunately a train strike has been announced around the time of my travel and that's how I planned on getting from city to city. According to the BBC the train strikes are planned for:
  • 13-14 December
  • 16-17 December
I need a train from Leeds to Nottingham on December 18th, and a train from Nottingham to London on December 20th. Will the strike have residual effects for non strike days, or will it be business as usual on those days?
Are there any short hop flights I can take to get from city to city?

What app can I use for ground transportation like Uber in the U.K.? Are there any Covid restrictions still in place at arenas and such? As in will I be denied entry in to some places without a vaccine card? The London and Nottingham shows are on back to back days 19th and 20th respectively so getting between those two cities will be a bit of a time crunch. Any advice you can offer is appreciated.

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Men, I am going on tour to see my favorite band in the U.K. in mid December. I will be traveling from Washington DC to Leeds to see the first show. From Leeds I am going to Nottingham and from Nottingham to London to see the shows in those cities.
Unfortunately a train strike has been announced around the time of my travel and that's how I planned on getting from city to city. According to the BBC the train strikes are planned for:
  • 13-14 December
  • 16-17 December
I need a train from Leeds to Nottingham on December 18th, and a train from Nottingham to London on December 20th. Will the strike have residual effects for non strike days, or will it be business as usual on those days?
Are there any short hop flights I can take to get from city to city?

What app can I use for ground transportation like Uber in the U.K.? Are there any Covid restrictions still in place at arenas and such? As in will I be denied entry in to some places without a vaccine card? The London and Nottingham shows are on back to back days 19th and 20th respectively so getting between those two cities will be a bit of a time crunch. Any advice you can offer is appreciated.

You just need to look for local taxis and call them.

Busses are usually quite a lot cheaper than trains in the UK. Megabus is the cheapest. Otherwise National Express. Use Rom2Rio to find routes.

M3B

Ostrich
Gold Member
Should be business as usual on the non-striking days mate. No covid restrictions in the UK whatsoever so don't worry about vaccine certificates unless the arena has explicitly said so, which I highly doubt.

The buses and coaches as Cynllo said are a good option, particularly Megabus as it's cheap, but you get some pretty awful clientele on there. :laugh:

Akaky Akakievitch

Kingfisher
Orthodox
The buses and coaches as Cynllo said are a good option, particularly Megabus as it's cheap, but you get some pretty awful clientele on there. :laugh:

Yes you get what you pay for... Megabus is definitely the worse of the two IMO, National Express have leather seats, less people on board and a little bit more class. Might be worth paying the marginal extra for it. My memories of Megabus are being mega-cramped, breathing moist air, windows closed, in the heat of the summer... but it really depends. You could go on National Express and have someone crack open a bag of quavers and it stinks the place out, but it's all part of the adventure ;)

Praetor Lupus

Kingfisher
Taxis will cost you a fortune between the cities. I’d definitely go with coaches, as others have said, if you don’t want to risk the trains.

No COVID restrictions or certificates for entry. Life has basically returned to normal from before the pandemic.

London-Nottingham on consecutive days should be easy to achieve if you’ve got your transport dialled in.