Trump-Biden Debates

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
Figured we might need a central place to discuss these train wrecks as they unfold. If there's general interest, I typically watch live and like to get people's perceptions during and immediately after. So this is a place to talk smack, post links, serve insight, or comment on general or specific items from the debates.

Here's the schedule:
  • Sept. 29, 9pm EST: first presidential debate
  • Oct. 7: vice presidential debate between Vice President Pence and California Sen. Kamala Harris
  • Oct. 15: second presidential debate
  • Oct. 22: third presidential debate
Tonight's is being simulcast across all the major networks and cable news programs. Here's some YouTube links if online is your preferred method:

ABC News
[br][/br]

CSPAN
[br][/br]

CBS News

The topics for the first debate have been chosen and are as follows:
  • Trump's and Biden's records
  • the Supreme Court
  • COVID-19
  • the economy
  • race and violence in U.S. cities
  • the integrity of the election

Strap in for a wild ride!

Johnny Rico

Woodpecker
My prediction is Biden will be on a speedball (cocaine an opiate mixture) like drug and will stick to his rehearsed responses. He likely has a device installed on him that gives him a mild shock transmitted from his handlers if he veers off script. Trump will try to goad him and hopefully it works and Biden threatens violence or challenges him to take it out back like he and other senile men often do.

It is likely going to be boring on Biden's end and have no negative effect on his current voter base.

Nemausus

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I hope Trump takes this seriously and has been preparing accordingly. If I remember correctly (unlike Biden), Trump lost the first debate against Hillary in 2016 and then boasted that he hadn't even prepared.

With Biden's cognitive decline becoming widely recognized, expectations for his performance are low. If he's able to appear competent and even score some points with a couple of zingers, it'll be a huge win for the former VP. Mr and Mrs Normie will think to themselves "Well, he did better than I thought he would."

Lots of right leaning pundits predict these debates will be an easy win for Trump and a humiliation for Biden. I worry it won't play out that way.

This could be a dangerous night for Trump. Hopefully he is up to the challenge.

Last edited:

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
T always has to debate not only his opponent, but the moderators. Remember he had to put both Anderson Cooper and homely Martha Radditz in their places in addition to cankles.

Tonight’s moderator , Chris Wallace :alien: gave a speech saying he hates T. Seems fair.

These debates are always rigged against him, yet somehow he comes out ahead.

In a way, the brazen bias against him by the moderators probably backfires and helps him. Everyone watching , including T haters, can see the moderator has their thumb on the scale, so he gets credit (begrudgingly by haters) for holding his own.

Last edited:

kel

Pelican
Does anyone know if the debate's going to be in front of a "live" audience? Or is it going to be a "Virtual Debate" without the live audience?
Will Trump and Biden even be together in the same room? I haven't been following this, I was thinking if it happened at all it'd be some dumb Zoom debate which would totally kill the energy.

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
Does anyone know if the debate's going to be in front of a "live" audience? Or is it going to be a "Virtual Debate" without the live audience?
Will Trump and Biden even be together in the same room? I haven't been following this, I was thinking if it happened at all it'd be some dumb Zoom debate which would totally kill the energy.
There will be a limited live audience that has been socially distanced with seats between them. I've seen nothing to suggest it won't be in-person for the contestants... er, candidates.

Johnny Rico

Woodpecker
Bidens approach will definitely be to be mostly lewd and insulting and reading off memorized lines about reforming whatever. Hes gonna "stick it" to trump while appeasing sub 100 iq masses with garbage platitudes.
It is true people who vote democrat are either indoctrinated 105ish IQ people with a college degree or 80-95 IQ uneducated people. (((The remainder is the 105 IQ+ that stand to make a significant profit.)))

Hypno

Crow
He'll have a subaural (inner-ear) ear piece, including possibly a visible hearing aid so he can say, oh its just a hearing aid, here take a look.

Watch his pacing a diction and see if his timing reflects impromptu comments, or if his pausing to repeat what someone is whispering in his ear.

Also, watch for Biden to try to gin up a fake incident to get out of the next two debates, such as an insult or rules violation, which he can use as an excuse to get out of the next 2 debates.

homersheineken

Woodpecker
I can only imagine how many memes are going to come out of this one.

On a more serious note.....Biden winning this debate would be equivalent to a high school JV basketball team beating the 96 Bulls. I expect Trump to trounce.
So who would be Rodman? Trump(great player/defenseman) or Biden (drugged out)? :)

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
He'll have a subaural (inner-ear) ear piece, including possibly a visible hearing aid so he can say, oh its just a hearing aid, here take a look.

Watch his pacing a diction and see if his timing reflects impromptu comments, or if his pausing to repeat what someone is whispering in his ear.

Also, watch for Biden to try to gin up a fake incident to get out of the next two debates, such as an insult or rules violation, which he can use as an excuse to get out of the next 2 debates.
I agree with this, we should try to get a frequency interference to scramble the transmission to his earpiece ... he'll self destruct entirely! It'd be like a bad NFL QB trying to be successful with help, but in way over his head when the coach can't tell him basic stuff.