Trump-Biden Debates

Towgunner

Woodpecker
I agree with both RamzPaul and Dinesh D'Souza regarding the debate. Like everyone else I was very excited about this debate but as it unfolded I wasn't sure how it was going. At first, I didn't really know what to think. It was very hostile. I think we all needed some time to reflect on this. Now that its been a day or two since the debate I can describe my feelings as follows - very concerned, very anxious...a very strange uneasiness. Strange in that I've never quite felt this emotion before.

Yes Trump won, which is a good thing for sure, but, there's something more than just Trump and the election that got exposed here.

This debate reflects the country right now. Dinesh being rhetorical - "why don't the two parties get together and find middle ground..." he answers, because there is no middle ground.

I think that's very significant and worth repeating...there is no middle ground. There is no compromise between the parties and between our sides right now. I feel this is really sinking in across the nation...maybe so, maybe not. Not so long ago we liberals and conservatives lived among each other in peace. We took this peace as we take all of the peace we've enjoyed for granted. Because it was our ability to find some common ground and to compromise that kept the peace, whether the masses knew it or not. Today this is gone. And now we are two very very very different groups of people. For instance, Ramz said "they [liberals] don't even like our American flag". Its true. On the Fourth of July this year in good old hingham MA many people flew their rainbow flags and not their American flags.

Someone commented that liberals thinks that conservatives are evil and conservative think that liberals are misguided. No, this is not true. Conservatives do in fact see liberals as evil. And I'm one of them. When you see them dancing in the streets over dead cops and in celebration for "late term abortion", ahem infanticide (as they did in NY)...that's unmistakable evil. It is.

On the flip side the liberals view conservatives as evil. Does it matter their reasons? No. What matters is the divide. The debate convinced me even more that civil war is unavoidable at this point. As Dinesh says both sides want to go to completely different places. I'm with Regan - the individual, the family, the church, the community and the country. All of those things are literally regarded as evil by the liberals. We know that.

My question is, what happens when there is no way to compromise any more?

perros

Woodpecker
I think Trump projected weakness

If you are a commander in chief

And need to mostly intervene during bidens
time speaking this shows a lack of self control.

I dont blame wallace for stepping in as it is up to systems of checks and balances to ensure that the executive branch stays within ots boundaries

A person who tries to bully his opponents and not talk about his healthcare plan saying he will release his plan shortly before the election after being in office for 3 and half years shows a lack of leadership

Joe may have difficulties with stuttering as many people do throughout the world.Its not something he chose.If anything he shows that one can overcome this and stay on stage with a bully

If he chooses to take nootropics for cognitive difficulties in order to help his issues that is his right as trump can as well.

It was nice to see biden show vulnerability and human empathy something that I don't see alot from trump.

Definitely agree with this.

Aside from the die hard Trump supporters, who are always going to say "Yeah Trump won, fuck the liberals", Everyone I spoke to thought Trump came off as an annoying bully and a dick. Everyone came off annoyed by Trump's constant interruptions. I even talked to a lady who is a crazy Trump supporter and even she thought that Trump was a big let down.

Joe Biden came off as extremely relatable for the reasons you described, for looking like someone who stands up to a bully especially in the emotional way he defended both his sons (Bo and Hunter). No matter how many allegations of corruption Hunter had, there was Joe defending his son even going as far as to say that he had alcohol issues but was working through them to get his life back together. That's what a father does, no matter how fucked up your kids can be, a father always defends their kids especially against a perceived bully. He showed vulnerability and empathy which many Americans can relate to.

Also on the issues, I think Trump's attacks and arguments are horrendously bad and stupid.

COVID-19

Trump: "Oh yeah, well you Joe were very bad on Swine flu when you were in charge, you did a terrible job, you were a disaster"

Biden: "Um, 14,000 died in swine flu while 200,000 died from COVID and there was no economic recession either during swine flu"

I have no idea why Trump keeps mentioning swine flu as if its some kind of "got ya" when the death count was WAYYYY lower than COVID and even if it wasn't as deadly of a disease, they objectively handled it better then what we have now. Trump's strategists are either stupid or mental, or both. Come on bro, what are you doing? Why would you do that? :squintlol:. Throwing swine flu at Biden is not an effective attack as Trump thinks it is.

Trump's strategy is essentially to say "Trump did an amazing job handling COVID, amazing, tremendous, and phenomenal job" and try to override the reality of 200,000 deaths and 7 million infected through sheer bravado and marketing. Its just not going to happen. Trump's poll numbers on COVID are abysmal and going down fast, Biden is viewed much better on the issue. If I were Trump I would say "Ok American people, I know its bad right now, here are the steps we are going to do to improve it, I have a plan and a goal, these are the dates I want to achieve this by", etc... See that's what a leader does. Trump on the other hand does not acknowledge that things are bad, he simply says that things are awesome. That's not going to work my dude. Biden is the beneficiary of Trump's stupid strategy where all he has to do is exist and the American people will say yeah ill take Biden instead thank you.

LAW AND ORDER

Trump: "Proud Boys stand back and stand by, but someone's got to do something about Antifa"

Bro, leave the partisan Fox News, Breitbart shit for the primaries, you are in a national election son, I can promise you that people could care less about Antifa, you are pouring more fuel to the fire when you say those statements. People see right through it and see that you are clearly trying to pour more fuel on the fire, you are clearly taking a side and you'll defend that side no matter what and not focusing on uniting the country. People don't want this chaos that's going on and its no surprise that Biden is beating Trump on the issue of "Law and Order" that Trump keeps putting front and center. Also, a lot of normie Republicans don't want to be viewed and associated with extremists. Trump will always have his 35% of the country who will always be there for him no matter what but the rest of the country cringes at these things.

I see no chance of Trump winning this election. To me Biden will be our next president in 2021.

Troller

Woodpecker
I can´t remember how many times Biden insulted Trump. He called him a clown and a liar. And Trump was the agressive one?

Maybe Trump follows those Hollywood scripts were the bad guy in the beginning gets hit and afterwards

Aside from the die hard Trump supporters, who are always going to say "Yeah Trump won, fuck the liberals", Everyone I spoke to thought Trump came off as an annoying bully and a dick. Everyone came off annoyed by Trump's constant interruptions. I even talked to a lady who is a crazy Trump supporter and even she thought that Trump was a big let down.

Joe Biden came off as extremely relatable for the reasons you described, for looking like someone who stands up to a bully especially in the emotional way he defended both his sons (Bo and Hunter). No matter how many allegations of corruption Hunter had, there was Joe defending his son even going as far as to say that he had alcohol issues but was working through them to get his life back together. That's what a father does, no matter how fucked up your kids can be, a father always defends their kids especially against a perceived bully. He showed vulnerability and empathy which many Americans can relate to.

Also on the issues, I think Trump's attacks and arguments are horrendously bad and stupid.

COVID-19

Trump: "Oh yeah, well you Joe were very bad on Swine flu when you were in charge, you did a terrible job, you were a disaster"

Biden: "Um, 14,000 died in swine flu while 200,000 died from COVID and there was no economic recession either during swine flu"

I have no idea why Trump keeps mentioning swine flu as if its some kind of "got ya" when the death count was WAYYYY lower than COVID and even if it wasn't as deadly of a disease, they objectively handled it better then what we have now. Trump's strategists are either stupid or mental, or both. Come on bro, what are you doing? Why would you do that? :squintlol:. Throwing swine flu at Biden is not an effective attack as Trump thinks it is.

Trump's strategy is essentially to say "Trump did an amazing job handling COVID, amazing, tremendous, and phenomenal job" and try to override the reality of 200,000 deaths and 7 million infected through sheer bravado and marketing. Its just not going to happen. Trump's poll numbers on COVID are abysmal and going down fast, Biden is viewed much better on the issue. If I were Trump I would say "Ok American people, I know its bad right now, here are the steps we are going to do to improve it, I have a plan and a goal, these are the dates I want to achieve this by", etc... See that's what a leader does. Trump on the other hand does not acknowledge that things are bad, he simply says that things are awesome. That's not going to work my dude. Biden is the beneficiary of Trump's stupid strategy where all he has to do is exist and the American people will say yeah ill take Biden instead thank you.

LAW AND ORDER

Trump: "Proud Boys stand back and stand by, but someone's got to do something about Antifa"

Bro, leave the partisan Fox News, Breitbart shit for the primaries, you are in a national election son, I can promise you that people could care less about Antifa, you are pouring more fuel to the fire when you say those statements. People see right through it and see that you are clearly trying to pour more fuel on the fire, you are clearly taking a side and you'll defend that side no matter what and not focusing on uniting the country. People don't want this chaos that's going on and its no surprise that Biden is beating Trump on the issue of "Law and Order" that Trump keeps putting front and center. Also, a lot of normie Republicans don't want to be viewed and associated with extremists. Trump will always have his 35% of the country who will always be there for him no matter what but the rest of the country cringes at these things.

I see no chance of Trump winning this election. To me Biden will be our next president in 2021.
theres still 2 debates.

if Biden would make two terms he would be 85 on the end of his second term. 85 years old.

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
What is this nonsense?

they objectively handled it better then what we have now
Anyone who hasn't realized Covid was probably a scam by the Chinese or an economic cover-up (or both) isn't very bright. Most people are becoming aware of this as family members and friends "get" the virus.

You really need to put what you're saying in context. Trump hit home that Biden would lock the country down again. That's the liberal solution. There's no way that's a popular strategy. Only the stupidest liberals think it's a good idea and only for political reasons.

its no surprise that Biden is beating Trump on the issue of "Law and Order"
LOLWUT. Trump is obviously playing it up some for his own election benefit. That's to be expected. However, again, Trump hits it home when saying an "idea doesn't hit you with a baseball bat." As was pointed out earlier, Biden's "Antifa is an idea" comes off to most normal people as the same stupid elite Orwellian-speak that it is.

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member

COVID-19

LAW AND ORDER

You’re just a leftie out for the gibs. You shill for every democrat. Werent you a Bernie bro? Then you have the China man muh 1000 a month as your profile pic. Your opinion means nothing, you just want the most left wing candidate to win.

You’re wrong about everything, and so predictable. You just take whatever side is anti heritage America. You just want your gibs and “muh diversity “.

Hypno

Crow
Trump landed one very important body below that might not be obvious to some of you. He backed Biden into a corner on the green new deal. He got Biden to disavow the green new deal and even went as far as to disavow Bernie Sanders. That’s got to really piss off the Bernie supporters in the huge left wing of the Democrat party. That’s a huge blow to Biden because he just alienated half of his base

Brother Abdul Majeed

Kingfisher
Gold Member

COVID-19

LAW AND ORDER

Perros, you already lost the election Mr. Yang supporter.

Stop mind-reading into what the "rest of the country" thinks. You obviously have no clue.

Let the big boys play now.

perros

Woodpecker
You’re just a leftie out for the gibs. You shill for every democrat. Werent you a Bernie bro? Then you have the China man muh 1000 a month as your profile pic. Your opinion means nothing, you just want the most left wing candidate to win.

You’re wrong about everything, and so predictable. You just take whatever side is anti heritage America. You just want your gibs and “muh diversity “.
I support anti-establishment candidates, and candidates that are going to help the American people. I personally think Biden is a corporate shill just like Trump.

I'm analyzing this debate specifically and how I see it, I see the truth offends you, Trump was terrible the other day and all the polls show it. Its not just me saying, the American people say it. I know you are in your little bubble that your dear leader Trump is GOD and can't do no wrong, please see the reality for what it is. Trump is doing really bad right now in all the polls. Biden is crushing in every issue. That's not me saying it because I want Biden to win, that's just a fact.

And as far as your comment about "heritage Americans", I have no idea what the hell that means, so I can't give an opinion either which way.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
I support anti-establishment candidates, and candidates that are going to help the American people. I personally think Biden is a corporate shill just like Trump.

I'm analyzing this debate specifically and how I see it, I see the truth offends you, Trump was terrible the other day and all the polls show it. Its not just me saying, the American people say it. I know you are in your little bubble that your dear leader Trump is GOD and can't do no wrong, please see the reality for what it is. Trump is doing really bad right now in all the polls. Biden is crushing in every issue. That's not me saying it because I want Biden to win, that's just a fact.

And as far as your comment about "heritage Americans", I have no idea what the hell that means, so I can't give an opinion either which way.
Those are all talking points from Karl Marx Communist Manifesto... Perros is a Communist Red Chinese Party Psyop Agitator.