Tulsi Gabbard Thread

I thought the term was "drop in"
I think dropping in is different from snaking, almost the opposite. From what I remember, in surfing, when crowded, each wave/big/solid wave allows one surfer at a time to properly enjoy. Dropping in, is when you start surfing when it's someone else's turn. Since you go out to sea to paddle, the person who is at the "front" of the line would be the furthest back from the beaches' POV. Thus when the wave goes to shore the surfer "drops in" when the wave comes and the person in "front" of the line is already surfing behind them(sometimes[perhaps often/every time] forcing them to wipe out/abandon the wave).

Snaking is almost the opposite. In that you also start surfing when it's someone else's turn, but you maneuver so you are behind the other person from the beaches' POV. Then it looks like the person you snaked had dropped in.

third_eldest

Sparrow
I generally have no trust for politicians, and yes, she's definitely a part of the of the machine. But at the same time, there is a strong argument to be made that Mrs. Gabbard is a real human being, and not your usual soulless political husk. Being against senseless wars in the Middle East requires guts and at least five independent thoughts, and for that, she has some of my respect.

Almost a pity how someone like Gabbard is considered exceptional in our nightmare world.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
Only the Kona can resolve this.
I've been dropped-in on, and I've been snaked. The two are very similar, and both hurt my feelings.

Dropping in can be accidental. Someone can get in your way, totally absent of malice aforethought. Snaking is done intentionally. It's like manslaughter versus murder.

Here's a tweet of Tulsi and her weird husband prepping to go snake waves, probably from indigenous people.

Here is a video explanation:

Aloha!

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
Well, I learned something new today. I used intermittently around surfers and can't say I ever heard the term snake. Not saying it's not a thing, I'm very happy to have learned about this new word, because knowledge is power. I would only like to say that I only remember surfers complaining about getting dropped in on, because I guess it's the more dangerous of the two.

To Kona's point, I dropped in on someone on accident, and he made a big deal of it and yelled at me. But it was a very slow chill wave, and plenty of room to share. That's one thing about surfer culture that really rubbed me the wrong way at times, surfers can be some of the most incredibly selfish people you have ever met. It's probably why all the ladies like them so much.

Tulsi is alright in my book, even though she didn't do much for Hawaii. But then again, not a lot of politicians do much for Hawai'i. If Kona has time, he can tell you about the new Honolulu Light Rail Project. This is a waste of money so obscene, that you literally will not believe the numbers associated with it, or what its utility will be.

Reactions: 911
Well, I learned something new today. I used intermittently around surfers and can't say I ever heard the term snake. Not saying it's not a thing, I'm very happy to have learned about this new word, because knowledge is power. I would only like to say that I only remember surfers complaining about getting dropped in on, because I guess it's the more dangerous of the two.

To Kona's point, I dropped in on someone on accident, and he made a big deal of it and yelled at me. But it was a very slow chill wave, and plenty of room to share. That's one thing about surfer culture that really rubbed me the wrong way at times, surfers can be some of the most incredibly selfish people you have ever met. It's probably why all the ladies like them so much.

I think it's the more common of the two, and can very easily be done accidentally. You would really have to try, to snake. Presumably then you would be good enough a surfer to not make it dangerous for them. Ostensibly it's more dickish.

Peacock
Gold Member
I think she likely is eyeing becoming a pundit or getting her own show, sort of what Megyn Kelly used to be on Fox. She definitely has more presidential runs in her, but I think she may be gunning for a sec. def position or sec. state appointment in a future admin. I think she is also leaving Hawaii because she only ran as a D because R is dead in Hawaii. I don’t think she really cares that much about issues outside defense/foreign affairs, and just picks up the Dem line on everything else.

That's not true.

What is the most important domestic issue in the US today? I would argue it's voter fraud. Tulsi worked to eliminate voter fraud by promoting H.R.8285, the Election Fraud Prevention Act, a bipartisan bill that aims to improve the security of the mail-in ballot process. Had her bills passed, Trump would have been easily reelected and the giant steal through mail-in ballots or voter machine hacking on a massive scale would have not been possible. Local Hawaii issues are small potatoes (poi?) next to that...

Background: H.R.8285, the Election Fraud Prevention Act would amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to prohibit payments to States which permit ballot harvesting. Currently, depending on the State or locality, voters have the option of mailing their ballot, leaving their ballot in a drop box, having their ballots collected and submitted by a third party, or returning them at the polls or a local election office.

The Election Fraud Prevention Act ensures that voters seeking to turn in their mail-in ballots may only be assisted by an election official or mail carrier acting in their official capacities as well as family members, household members, or caregivers. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has been outspoken about the need to protect the U.S. election system. In 2018, she introduced the Securing America’s Elections Act to protect the country’s election infrastructure from cyber-hackers by requiring the use of voter-verified paper ballots or a paper ballot backup in federal elections and which garnered support from the non-partisan, government reform group Common Cause.

She reintroduced this bill in March 2019 and has supported several other bills to protect and promote voter enfranchisement including the voting rights provisions in H.R.1 the For the People Act of 2019, H.R.51, the Washington, D.C. Admission Act, and H.R.645, the Automatic Voter Registration Act.

Tulsi is just about the best Congressman we currently have, she's great on this and many other key issues. If Trump had a clue he would have pushed for the kind of election reform she was working on, it might have saved his bacon.

That's not true.

What is the most important domestic issue in the US today? I would argue it's voter fraud. Tulsi worked to eliminate voter fraud by promoting H.R.8285, the Election Fraud Prevention Act, a bipartisan bill that aims to improve the security of the mail-in ballot process. Had her bills passed, Trump would have been easily reelected and the giant steal through mail-in ballots or voter machine hacking on a massive scale would have not been possible. Local Hawaii issues are small potatoes (poi?) next to that...

Tulsi is just about the best Congressman we currently have, she's great on this and many other key issues. If Trump had a clue he would have pushed for the kind of election reform she was working on, it might have saved his bacon.
But she simply follows the dem line on many issues, shes anti gun, open borders, etc. I still like her and question how devoted she is to dem orthodoxy, but in the case of the dem primary she still stood with all of them when it benefitted her.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
She's as about socially conservative as Democrats can get and was relentlessly attacked by the homo lobby. She has also had no qualms going against the party line on many key issues and has gotten treated like a pariah for doing so.
Tulsi tried to sue Hillary and Google. Lost on both attempts, and looked like a fool.

Tulsi and her dad were big gay marriage haters. This is totally hypocritical considering they got fa'afafine (google it) in their family.

Also. as my man Robert Highhawk said above, you got the Honolulu rail. Just yesterday, the Mayor announces that we shouldn't worry and it's going great. The rail will be done by 2033!

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/...ails-completion-that-takes-construction-into/

Tulsi did nothing to help with this.

Aloha!

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
If you go on their website there are well over 1000 people named to the "Young Leaders Forum". It appears that they simply need to be nominated by somebody, it's unclear to what extent it involves any personal involvement on their part. Maria Bartiromo is on there too, so simply being on that list clearly isn't proof positive that someone is a globalist.