U.S. Supreme Court nominations

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member
https://www.kwtx.com/2020/09/18/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-dies/

WASHINGTON (KWTX) – U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died, according to several media outlets.

She was 87.

Ginsburg died at home, surrounded by family, CNN reported.

She had been battling metastatic pancreatic cancer.

No one was talking about this? How long has she been surrounded by family ready to pass away?

I saw something earlier today that said Nancy Pelosi announced impeachment hearings against Trump the last time his job ratings were as high as today.

Today - Ginsburg dies. You HAVE to vote now, its for another Supreme Court pick.

Hypno

Crow
I'm hearing that it will be Barbara Lagoa.

She's been an appellate court judge since 2006, became Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court in January 2019, 2 weeks later was named to the presitigious federal 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

That's a remarkably short time to have been a federal judge. I hope Trump knows what he's doing and this isnt another Roberts.

Interestingly, she represented (unsuccessfully) the (U.S.) family of Elian Gonzales who were trying to prevent Janet Reno and Bill Clinton from returning him to Communist Cuba.

DanielH

Robin
I'm hearing that it will be Barbara Lagoa.

She's been an appellate court judge since 2006, became Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court in January 2019, 2 weeks later was named to the presitigious federal 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

That's a remarkably short time to have been a federal judge. I hope Trump knows what he's doing and this isnt another Roberts.

Interestingly, she represented (unsuccessfully) the (U.S.) family of Elian Gonzales who were trying to prevent Janet Reno and Bill Clinton from returning him to Communist Cuba.

From what I can see, Barbara Lagoa is expected to uphold Roe V Wade. Getting rid of Roe V Wade wouldn't even end abortion except in some states. The bar is SO LOW we cannot even return to the actual purpose of the 10th Amendment when it concerns the ritual mass murder of innocent babies. Furthermore, the right has now completely abandoned meritocracy and morality like the left - which woman or minority will be the most liked - is more of a concern than who will try to uphold God's law. I don't think “the right” can even be called such except in direct comparison to the American left.

AlwaysMe

Sparrow
Finding conservative male nominees is difficult. Its not because none exist, its because they are outnumbered by libtards. The problem with all higher levels of academic/business achievement in this country is that the culture out of which we all come is liberal. Were all told to delay family formation, to not get married, to sleep around.... I'm a lawyer and went to law school in the nineties; I've been practicing for over twenty years. I'm also strongly conservative and have 4 kids to prove it. BUT I've never met another lawyer with 4 kids. Kavanaugh? Two. Roberts? Two adopted. The rest of them? Thomas? One kid. Scalia had a bunch but he's the exception. Children are nothing special, but they do show a willingness to walk the walk. Trump has as many kids as the last THREE PRESIDENTS COMBINED!!!!!! Unfortunately, possibly because of my devotion to my family, not my career, I am not in a position where I will ever be able to "ascend to the bench." Its really rather sad. Out of law school, only the bottom of the barrel of the class goes into the prosecutor's offices. Which then means that only the dumbest students ascend within those offices and agencies. If you are smart (and I was - graduated law school cum laude) you go for the better money, which at that time was more than TWICE what the prosecutors' offices were paying. You might say its short sighted - and perhaps it is - but you try being in your late twenties, never owning a car with functioning air condition, having zero in savings because you've been in school forever, having no hope of scraping together 20% to put down on a starter home that costs $200k. You'd take the money too.

The same thing at the higer levels of education, Im sure. All liberals. If our leaders are going to appoint, nominate, promote conservative they are going to have to look outside of the normal channels.

Many may criticize me and say I should have done better, worked smarter and made more money so I could run for office or seek appointment. Maybe. There';s certainly room for criticism. But my only point is that its a numbers game. For every "conservative" lawyer out there, there are 10 liberal ones. Or flaky ones (i.e conservative-ish but not profoundly devoted to the cause). Just trying to spark a debate here. The take-away is: pay your proseuctor's more money and you'll get better candidates.

Hypno

Crow
Fox news reporting that Trump has whittled his list to 5 names. Only 3 of those names are known (guessing the other 2 were men and weren't leaked for that reason):

Barrett is 48, Lagoa is 52, Rushing is 38, and it is unclear the age of the president’s other potential nominees.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Fox news reporting that Trump has whittled his list to 5 names. Only 3 of those names are known (guessing the other 2 were men and weren't leaked for that reason):

Barrett is 48, Lagoa is 52, Rushing is 38, and it is unclear the age of the president’s other potential nominees.

Logoa is out.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Logoa is out.

According to Emerald Robinson and her Twitter account (not saying she is wrong but that is about as legit as some crazy old porch lady who hangs out on the stoop all day)

edit she is a White House correspondent, so essentially true about her being a porch lady but her porch is the White House

Trump said his pick to replace gingsberg is going to be a woman. Ordinarily I'd have mixed feelings about this. One can accuse Trump of playing into the hands of the liberals, who created this identity-politics environment and who would likely insist that a female be appointed if they were in charge. Indeed, these are the very conditions that we want Trump to eventually destroy.

IMO he's doing what he has too. There are plenty of women that are good solid conservatives. Here at Roosh's forum we're vigilant and are rightly going to be skeptical anytime this sort of thing occurs. I recall Yuri Bezmenov on his solutions of how to remedy ideological subversion...he said don't give them any power of any kind. But, in this instance there is no other way and, again, there are solid conservative women out there. Let's hope he's chooses one.

The election is coming quick. Trump is being bold enough by not playing into the idea that a lame duck president should wait until after the election. We're on a tight clock here, and so, if he's going to do this, he better do it quick and he better do it "right". The risk is he loses the election and kamala harris (perhaps by way of biden or just as is) decides who the next two justices will be, which, either way, will be an absolute nightmare for us. At the very least we'll have this most recent vacancy filled plus the others from Trump's first term.

Now, obviously, the left has gone ape-sh*t and they'll do anything to delay or stop this. A male appointee runs the risk of the "me too" charade that occurred with Kavanaugh. Its terrible and unjust for all the reasons that we're all well aware of. But, it is political reality for now and such an appointee will most definitely be targeted by this kind of ruse, thus, prolonging the process. We don't have time here.

BTW, this is not a new thing. In the early 90s they effectively did the same thing with Justice Thomas. They rolled out some women and accused him of sexual harassment...the "me too" buzz word of that day.

So a woman is the best tactical choice (politically) for the moment. It has the best risk profile and is the surest of all options for a quick conclusion. That's what we want. Now, going forward, things will be better. If Trump wins in November then he'll be able to appoint another two justices. Here timing won't be as important and he'll be able to pick the most qualified candidate. Who knows who that might be, but, at least from a timing perspective, he won't have to worry about his pick to be inevitably "me too'd".

Trump believes in getting the job done and done well, very well, ergo, its very likely that his next two appointees will be male. That's the wonderful thing about realizing a non-identiarian/non politically correct and meritocratic future...men have the upper hand under such conditions. If we didn't than history would have been dominated by woman. And it wasn't.

Hell_Is_Like_Newark

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Justice Bryer is 82. I suspect he might retire before a second Trump term ends. So Trump could make the court 7-2 (assuming Roberts doesn't cave... again) with two fat Leftists of questionable long term health remaining.