U.S. Supreme Court nominations

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Note: Some of these women are part of Antifa.

PillBoxer

Sparrow
Wouldn't it have been more effective for them to show up and vote nay than not show up and let the vote show nearly unanimous? I think this was a strategic error on their part.

And yes, Schumer, you have other choices.

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
Wouldn't it have been more effective for them to show up and vote nay than not show up and let the vote show nearly unanimous? I think this was a strategic error on their part.

And yes, Schumer, you have other choices.
Even just one of those "sit ins" would have been better than what they did.

They couldn't even be bothered to show up.

If the RNC knew what they were doing, they'd ring that shammy for all it's worth.

Edit: They could really capitalize on the cardboard cutouts being the real kick in the teeth.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
All this Kabuki Theater over the Affordable Care Act, which was a right wing Heritage Foundation plan all along. A Republican Supreme Court would never overturn ObamaCare--it is their dream come true! I can't believe people are falling for this trope.

This is the same trick the Republicans used to do with gays--hey vote for us because the other party is all pro gay (Well Republicans are the MOST pro gay party today so they can't do this one any more).

As for Amy Barrett (If she's truly a Catholic and accepts the name of her husband that is what she would call herself), I listened to a good bit of her hearings in front of Congress and as a former liberal I heard very little that would have upset me even back then. There's nothing great about this woman. The best we could hope for is that she is moderately competent. But the whole idea of insisting our judiciary be led by women is an absurd notion that makes me Oh So Tired of Winning Mr Trump. I couldnt imagine a single woman outside of maybe Ann Coulter that I would want involved in politics in any way.

All this Kabuki Theater over the Affordable Care Act, which was a right wing Heritage Foundation plan all along. A Republican Supreme Court would never overturn ObamaCare--it is their dream come true! I can't believe people are falling for this trope.

This is the same trick the Republicans used to do with gays--hey vote for us because the other party is all pro gay (Well Republicans are the MOST pro gay party today so they can't do this one any more).

As for Amy Barrett (If she's truly a Catholic and accepts the name of her husband that is what she would call herself), I listened to a good bit of her hearings in front of Congress and as a former liberal I heard very little that would have upset me even back then. There's nothing great about this woman. The best we could hope for is that she is moderately competent. But the whole idea of insisting our judiciary be led by women is an absurd notion that makes me Oh So Tired of Winning Mr Trump. I couldnt imagine a single woman outside of maybe Ann Coulter that I would want involved in politics in any way.

That's one issue with Trump is that he has no real limited government principles. He will tweak some things but not work outright to abolish it. Granted, he needs help from Congress, but none of this ever gets proposed.

I think this is by far the biggest victory of the Trump administration. The best thing that can happen now is that all of the supreme court judges unanimously pass judgement on the pending/ coming cases concerning election troubles: it would deal a huge blow to any left-wing activism (and it would also open the eyes of some democrats), but I'm not holding my breath for that...

JiggyLordJr

Kingfisher
I think this is by far the biggest victory of the Trump administration. The best thing that can happen now is that all of the supreme court judges unanimously pass judgement on the pending/ coming cases concerning election troubles, since it would deal a huge blow to any left-wing activism (and it would also open the eyes of some democrats), but I'm not holding my breath for that...

This is a pivotal moment, and not in the cliche sense. Draining the swamp is now possible, let‘s see if it actually happens.

Having her confirmed makes me think Trump will win. My greatest wish is that this country slides back to it‘s core, conservative values. This could be it.