U.S. Supreme Court nominations

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Gradient

Kingfisher
Not sure why the Left would be upset at all. Let's look at the facts:

1. Number of "Liberal" Justices that have shifted to the Right = 0
2. Number of "Conservative" Justices that have shifted Left = ALL (Roberts, OConner, etc)

roeder-scoutusaging.png

The addition of ACB will most likely greatly accelerate the shift left, especially in limp dicks like Roberts. The loss of RBG is inconsequential.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but don't give into the temptation to feel sorry for ranting crazy leftists throwing a fit over Barrett's confirmation. Conciliatory cucking to your ideological enemies is the sort of thing that's made Buckleyite neoconism utterly ineffective at influencing or changing culture. Laugh at them. Mock them. Tell them they're doomed. I know, not the most "Christian" response in the world, but I'd rather not have my children's future burned to ash by weaponized mobs of feral lunatics.

Leftist progressives are organized, disciplined, and chase specific goals, which they tend to achieve sooner or later. Conservatives can't even conserve public restrooms. And they (or at least the ones at/near the top) are evil and want you dead. They want to destroy you, your country, your heritage, and your way of life, and they want you to feel good about it.

Trump and his justices must be absolutely ruthless. They have to fight like their lives depend on it (as they very well might.) Push legislation now. Make moves. The Right will never be in a better position than it is now, because once Texas flips blue it's all over. Repealing abortion and dismantling Planned Parenthood would be a good start. Student loan debt forgiveness would be a punch in the face to the Education Indoctrination Complex and should be on the agenda as well.

These neo-Bolshevik maniacs will show you no mercy. Don't give them an inch. Obviously Trump is unlikely to go full Pinochet on the Left, but I can't be the only one who wishes he and other dissident Republicans would show a bit more fight.

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but don't give into the temptation to feel sorry for ranting crazy leftists throwing a fit over Barrett's confirmation. Conciliatory cucking to your ideological enemies is the sort of thing that's made Buckleyite neoconism utterly ineffective at influencing or changing culture. Laugh at them. Mock them. Tell them they're doomed. I know, not the most "Christian" response in the world, but I'd rather not have my children's future burned to ash by weaponized mobs of feral lunatics.

I agree with everything you wrote, but for the part this is not Christian. It seems to be the same capitulating energy you mentioned with Bucley neocons. I am barely versed in Christian teachings, but it seems it is our purpose to institute God's law on earth to the best of our ability. We should try and not take perverse pleasure in the saltmine, but plough on irregardless to leftist tantrums, threats and violence.

I think one of the best ways forward is to demoralise the left, not as a specific goal, but as a consequence of action. Since the Hunter Biden thing has popped I have been posting various bits into a Telegram group with lefties in it. One leftie has messaged another friend complaining of my posts, saying "my life is s*** enough at the moment as it is". And he doesn't even like Biden. In reality, they are so soft that a few major defeats will send them to their safe spaces for good.

Conservatives have been impotent for so long against what is effectively a sterile but irritable, emotionally manipulative enemy. They desire us to tip toe around them, capitulate and debase ourselves. It's time to put and end to that and run them off the road with God's law. Trump is giving some of the sleepy Republicans a backbone and they are irked at the mask slipping from the left.

I'm of half a mind that Trump will loose. America barely deserves a window for redemption. And if he does Rs should wield the supreme court with 10X the impunity that liberals have attacked conservatives with over the past decades. Getting rid of abortion federally is probably the best course of action.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
Hopefully you're right and neither she nor Kavanaugh or Gorsuch pull a Souter.
David Souter was the most libertarian or classical liberal voice on the court in my lifetime. I typically tihnk of him as the only voice of reason, standing up for civil liberties and siding on the side of individual rights. What are some decisions he is criticized for?

As for Judge Amy, I wouldn't be celebrating at all. She is going to be a disaster, or maybe if we are lucky just filling another seat but after hearing her confirmation I have zero hope in her doing anything positive, and my general hesitance to put a woman in this type of position of authority is flashing red warning lights like crazy. The fact that people call her a conservative blows my mind. Sure, adopt whoever you want, but a woman who adopts African children is not a conservative.

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Reading all this, my first reaction is not gloating, but great concern about the level of gaslighting in many women today.

Not to sidetrack this tread too much, but I notice the same thing. I keep a Facebook account to chat with a couple pals, and occasionally I see threads from girls I went to high school with talking about how 'White Supremism' is a threat or how Trump is a 'racist.' The weird thing is, these girls are Christian, married pretty young, & are generally very pleasant people. No weird tattoos/piercings & the rest of their posts are about girly things like puppies or kids.

The gaslighting is real. In the course of my life, I've run into ONE guy with a visible swastika tattoo, but these guys are supposed to be everywhere. It's weird. It's like they've never looked around & asked, "Where are all the White Supremacists?"

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Not to sidetrack this tread too much, but I notice the same thing. I keep a Facebook account to chat with a couple pals, and occasionally I see threads from girls I went to high school with talking about how 'White Supremism' is a threat or how Trump is a 'racist.' The weird thing is, these girls are Christian, married pretty young, & are generally very pleasant people. No weird tattoos/piercings & the rest of their posts are about girly things like puppies or kids.

I noticed the same thing with the 2nd iteration of BLM that happened this year. In the first iteration, it was mostly the typical activist and hipster types that were getting into the movement. This time around, I've seen a lot more normie, basic girls jump on board. These girls are conventionally attractive and aren't freaks - during the first version of BLM they were nowhere to be found. I think a big part of is that a lot of big time Instagram influencers have been throwing their weight behind the movement and it's being pumped into all these basic girls via their Instagram feed. These are people who would typically just be posting ass shots and make up tips but now are activists. Activism is no longer a weird, fringe thing - it's trendy now. I've the same with some female Christian influencers too - women who sing at these big nationally well-known churches like Elevation were also posting BLM stuff up. It's not just a secular trend.