Ukraine conflict lounge

ScannerLIV

Woodpecker
The taking of Crimea set them back economically by at last ten years with the sanctions. Militarily-wise: of course it serves a purpose, the same purpose which existed prior to the coup with mutual agreement of their staging their navy in the Crimean port.

The Ukraine is literally run by clowns, starting with their comedian turned president:
675DC09E-FDCF-4B44-BAF0-D3A0D9FB2277_w1023_r1_s.jpg

It should be pointed out that the comedian turned president is Jewish, and does not feel any true cultural or racial loyalty to Christian Ukrainians. Also: "Zelensky" means "Green" :alien:

eradicator

Peacock
Agnostic
Gold Member
If Russia moves into Ukraine, bet on China moving on Taiwan, and bet on our globohomo leaders threatening WW3 and nuclear hellfire to get involved in other nations backyards with their trannie armies.

What will the USA do in reality? To use nukes, both Biden and his generals would have to agree that the nuclear strike is authentic and legal

This is an accurate explanation of the USA nuclear codes. There is no giant red button for Biden to push for nuclear hellfire. It takes multiple officials to agree to the strike at the same time . Simply saying “we must nuke Moscow because Ukraine is a friend of ours” is not a legal attack. We are not at war with Russia and won’t declare war with Russia without an actual reason. I would think

Feyoder

Pelican
If Russia moves into Ukraine, bet on China moving on Taiwan, and bet on our globohomo leaders threatening WW3 and nuclear hellfire to get involved in other nations backyards with their trannie armies.
Threatening but not actually doing much. I can see major support but no way direct conflict with Russia over ukraine.

La Águila Negra

Ostrich
Protestant

I'd be careful plugging this turd here. I am guilty of posting his articles myself on several occasions back in April, but since then he has come out as a covidtard. I suspect him (and others) of being on a Russian payroll.

That's not withstanding that he has some good points but as someone who has been reading him for years it became clear, after a while, that he's more often wrong than right

He lost 70 to 80 percent of his following bytheway. He had an exceptionally intelligent and diverse following. He blew that in one prideful instance. The comments are absolutely gold though.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Feyoder

Pelican
I'd be careful plugging this turd here. I am guilty of posting his articles myself on several occasions back in April, but since then he has come out as a covidtard. I suspect him (and others) of being on a Russian payroll.

That's not withstanding that he has some good points but as someone who has been reading him for years it became clear, after a while, that he's more often wrong than right

He lost 70 to 80 percent of his following bytheway. He had an exceptionally intelligent and diverse following. He blew that in one prideful instance. The comments are absolutely gold though.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Yeah I always had my doubts about Saker. Being pro covid confirms it because Putin is fully on board himself and, as someone who presents himself as contrarian, you would expect Saker to be against it. I suppose you have to stay on message when you're on the payroll.

ScannerLIV

Woodpecker
I'm genuinely surprised you guys really believe any of the sources from fake news on Russian 's planned invasion of Ukraine and proceed to discuss from that point of view.

And didnt Russia already "invaded" Ukraine back in 2015?

La Águila Negra

Ostrich
Protestant
I'm genuinely surprised you guys really believe any of the sources from fake news on Russian 's planned invasion of Ukraine and proceed to discuss from that point of view.

And didnt Russia already "invaded" Ukraine back in 2015?
Of course it's fake, but it's a nice pre-text to write out serious paychecks and move NATO troops and material into the country

Lika

Kingfisher
Yes.

The Saker is pro Putin, pro Russia, pro red army, pro communist (somewhat), and pro Covid vaccine.

He is also hypocritically living in a country that he despises (the USA).

However the article I quoted is pretty factual and gives some context to the tweeter quotes above «Russia will invade Ukraine soon!».

Is there anything in this article you fundamentally disagree with:

La Águila Negra

Ostrich
Protestant
Yes.

The Saker is pro Putin, pro Russia, pro red army, pro communist (somewhat), and pro Covid vaccine.

He is also hypocritically living in a country that he despises (the USA).

However the article I quoted is pretty factual and gives some context to the tweeter quotes above «Russia will invade Ukraine soon!».

Is there anything in this article you fundamentally disagree with:

I don't believe he has communist allegiances. He is a pretty outspoken Russian Orthodox, To the point where he has dedicated parts of his website to the Faith.

As for his article, he's missing the bigger picture. The goal is not to defeat Russia in Ukraine, the goal is to pin it down and bleed it dry. Syria, Ukraine, Belarus/Poland, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, etc. USA can create problems in Russia's backyard with zero fallout and hardly any costs.

It's Russia that's in a difficult situation here, not the USA - despite what Mr. I-hate-the-USA-yet-refuse-to-leave claims. It has barely any allies, is economically impaired (no economic growth since 2014, official inflation currently stands at 8+ percent) and it has failed to establish military deterrents since 2015. What exactly was the answer post April 2021? The expulsion of US diplomats and the closure of the Saint Petersburg Consulate? Come on now.

Putin is losing support at home because of a plethora of reasons - I've added a link to a Russian military forum where he gets roasted. Check out the comment section. Those guys are supposed to be his power base. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the reasons why he is so interested in the CBDC/ Chinese Social Credit Score system.

Despite what chestthumpers claim, the US can only win in the case of a war in Ukraine. If the Ukrainians manage to win (which they won't, their Army is falling apart and might soon become inoperable due to fuel shortages and depleted ammo shortages), great. If the Russians crush the Ukranians, great too. Now they have to incorporate a wasteland probably the size of France which will become an endless money pit, populated by a de-Russified hostile population .

As shown earlier this year the US can crank up and down tension at will. People like Saker are gaslighting. Having your cousins turned on you and seeing unofficial NATO based pop up in the exact country which you claim to be a red line is not winning.

The whole Russian bravado we-have-an-invincible-army and multipolar world incoming is getting a little grating on the soul. Either these guys put up, or they shut up.

bucky

Ostrich
Other Christian
Despite what chestthumpers claim, the US can only win in the case of a war in Ukraine. If the Ukrainians manage to win (which they won't, their Army is falling apart and might soon become inoperable due to fuel shortages and depleted ammo shortages), great. If the Russians crush the Ukranians, great too. Now they have to incorporate a wasteland probably the size of France which will become an endless money pit, populated by a de-Russified hostile population .
Any type of open Russian invasion of Ukraine still seems unlikely to me. Even if they were to stop at the Dnieper, the costs seem to far outweigh the benefits. I especially can't imagine the Russians attempting to move further west. In the western part of Ukraine they would have a bloody Iraq-style insurgency on their hands without much potential benefit to them at all.

Lika

Kingfisher
As for his article, he's missing the bigger picture. The goal is not to defeat Russia in Ukraine, the goal is to pin it down and bleed it dry. Syria, Ukraine, Belarus/Poland, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, etc. USA can create problems in Russia's backyard with zero fallout and hardly any costs.

It's Russia that's in a difficult situation here, not the USA - despite what Mr. I-hate-the-USA-yet-refuse-to-leave claims.

From the article, I don't get the impression that Saker thinks a war against NATO would be a good thing for Russia. Quite the copposite, he seems to be afraid of the West escalating tensions:

"We can still hope that this summit will take place, and that would be an effective way for “Biden” to show to “himself” and his enemies (the other factions of the US power structure) that he, “Biden”, is still in control. A bad peace is always preferable to a good war. But with so many western interests vested into such a war, I am not very optimistic."

Caduceus

Pelican
We're not getting the full story here.
In all probability western powers and NATO are the ones secretly bringing weapons, warships, and troops secretly into Ukraine.

Russia has warned the west multiple times not to push the borders of NATO into the Caucasus region and into Ukraine...but the west keeps doing it anyway.

The seizure of Crimea by Russia in 2014 was a military response to the so called "Ukrainian revolution " which removed the pro Russian leader from power, and wanted to bring Ukraine more into the western sphere of influence. Putin had to act as the Russian navy had vital navy bases in Crimea run under a special contract with the Ukrainian state.

Whatever Putin is doing near the border with Ukraine is probably in response to western provocations the mainstrean news never mention.

Also, keep in mind Russia is still under sanctions for the seizure of Crimea, and the USA has closed all its consulates and other diplomatic liaison offices in all of Russia, except for the US embassy in Moscow, and even that is on a reduced staff.

La Águila Negra

Ostrich
Protestant
From the article, I don't get the impression that Saker thinks a war against NATO would be a good thing for Russia. Quite the copposite, he seems to be afraid of the West escalating tensions:

"We can still hope that this summit will take place, and that would be an effective way for “Biden” to show to “himself” and his enemies (the other factions of the US power structure) that he, “Biden”, is still in control. A bad peace is always preferable to a good war. But with so many western interests vested into such a war, I am not very optimistic."
Yes that's true, but I don't think I said the opposite.

In any case I was more referring to the overall tone of his articles which is along the lines of The West is finished, 'Zone B' (as he likes to call it) will take its place, if they try anything in Ukraine we will absolutely crush them...

.. which after a while just becomes grating, especially because it's the USA and allies that are constantly trying lots of things in Ukraine, and thereby outmaneuvering Russia. Not the other way around.

Feyoder

Pelican
Yes that's true, but I don't think I said the opposite.

In any case I was more referring to the overall tone of his articles which is along the lines of The West is finished, 'Zone B' (as he likes to call it) will take its place, if they try anything in Ukraine we will absolutely crush them...

.. which after a while just becomes grating, especially because it's the USA and allies that are constantly trying lots of things in Ukraine, and thereby outmaneuvering Russia. Not the other way around.

I like this analysis:

The idea being that the USA wants to wind down ties, that russia absolutely does not want to invade and occupy, and so the winning move for the USA (according to the author) is "death by russia": I.e. provoke UA into throwing it's small force at the russians. They get wiped out like before. Forced to sign minsk 2.0 and things are quiet again.

Meanwhile russia looks like the bad guys and there is maybe an increase in global sanctions against them.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Threatening but not actually doing much. I can see major support but no way direct conflict with Russia over ukraine.
Yea exactly. No offense to Ukrainians, but it’s an unimportant country in terms of western interests. Most Americans probably couldn’t point to it on a map. Taiwan is an industrial powerhouse, but its small, and culturally distant from the US. I have hard time seeing the US getting involved outside military hardware sales and training. I feel like in the end, the Taiwanese are going to negotiate with the Chinese for a takeover, but try to gain assurances of some sort of autonomy (will the Chinese respect it? Probably not, but its all they got). There is no way Taiwan can militarily fend off China, so I think all this build up is just posturing for these inevitable negotiations. I don’t know anything about Taiwan, but considering its wealth, and the traditional pragmatism of Asians, I have a hard time believing the island is full of freedom zealots ready to die to fight China.

eradicator

Peacock
Agnostic
Gold Member
Yea exactly. No offense to Ukrainians, but it’s an unimportant country in terms of western interests. Most Americans probably couldn’t point to it on a map. Taiwan is an industrial powerhouse, but its small, and culturally distant from the US. I have hard time seeing the US getting involved outside military hardware sales and training. I feel like in the end, the Taiwanese are going to negotiate with the Chinese for a takeover, but try to gain assurances of some sort of autonomy (will the Chinese respect it? Probably not, but its all they got). There is no way Taiwan can militarily fend off China, so I think all this build up is just posturing for these inevitable negotiations. I don’t know anything about Taiwan, but considering its wealth, and the traditional pragmatism of Asians, I have a hard time believing the island is full of freedom zealots ready to die to fight China.

It seems highly unlikely we get a declaration of war from Congress against Russia or China for invading one of our allies. I guess it is possible though.