Ukraine conflict lounge

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
Unconfirmed.

Moldovan Army is contracting its forces near the Transnistria-Moldova contact line. NATO instructors have allegedly been sighted near the contact line.

In this breakaway Republic there are around ~1500 Russian servicemen stationed. Moldova is suffering from the same problems as Ukraine.

US Embassy cutting back on its personnel

Add to this that France has just announced it will send elite troops to Moldova-neighbour Romania, to integrate them with NATO.
Each day that passes with no actionable decision made, Russia finds itself more surrounded and potentially thwarted.

I'm hearing that the popular Russian proverb that's making rounds in the Kremlin these days, is the one with "wolves that won't run into the forest". Well yes, postponing is nice but the emboldened NATO wolves won't magically disappear.

OrthoMexicano

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Add to this that France has just announced it will send elite troops to Moldova-neighbour Romania, to integrate them with NATO.
Each day that passes with no actionable decision made, Russia finds itself more surrounded and potentially thwarted.

I'm hearing that the popular Russian proverb that's making rounds in the Kremlin these days, is the one with "wolves that won't run into the forest". Well yes, postponing is nice but the emboldened NATO wolves won't magically disappear.

If you afraid wolf dont go to forest??

thetruewhitenorth

Woodpecker
Orthodox

It is quite easy for you or me to say "attack Mr. Putin, what are you waiting for!". You think if you were in his shoes, you would definitely know what to do?

Most of us on this forum are directly responsible maybe for a few persons. That is if you're a family man like myself. Most, have noone.

Imagine steering a ship that has 145 million people on it. That is a giant responsibility.

There's so much at play here. Any war is nasty. A normal person would do everything in his power to avoid it.

We dont really know all that happens in the background.

I hope God will guide the minds of the leaders of the world so they would choose peace over war.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Apparently, diplomats from Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany will hold their own "Normandy format" talks in Paris this week.

If Western Europe makes a conscientious decision to reject war, would that have any measurable effect on the British/American foreign policy?